Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers (57767 Views)

NNPC Petrol Price Without Subsidy Is ₦‎400/Litre – Marketers / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis / Failed Governor Can’t Sell Failed Candidate To Us – PDP Tells Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by semyman: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
You can now see the real criminals
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by nelsonthomson(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Supposing there is increase in price, you won't complain of having old stock. Infact you people are the problem of this country not the government. DPR should do their job. Nigerians need iron hands.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
The only way to fix this problem is via deregulation, and if we had deregulated as far back as 1993...when the idea was first suggested (and shot down by Nigerians as a 'world bank plot to impoverish us' with a certain Baroness Chalker demonized as the architect of the plot)....fuel would probably be costing N100 or less by now....and we would be earning far more from fuel, and have more refineries.

If we want to have enough cash to fund subsides, we would have to have oil at a cost higher than $139, our breakeven price. (which is that way because we have a very high population)

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Johnson8976: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
see below
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by AmeLonRo(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by TPound(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
Massive kee you there
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
I knew it, these vampires will never comply, they re looking for an opportunity to sell at 300 per litre and they will use convid as excuse.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
FG should use this period to deregulate the industry.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by redroom: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
Islie:

https://punchng.com/why-we-cant-sell-petrol-at-125-litre-marketers/

But if it is increase you do it overnight, apes
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Their 3 reasons for not selling at N125

1. Greed
2. Greed
3. Greed
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by bayelsaowei(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Runaway:
When government increase the price, there is no old stock, but when it reduce old price with be everywhere.....
you just spoke my mind..yeye people
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Shancca: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
I bought 145 just now.SE Nigeria.
ursullalinda:
I bought #125 today oh... wonder where these ones are speaking from......I stay in Lagos too.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Origin(f): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2020
But when there is an increase.....

You effect change immediately without considering the price of your old stock??
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by OlujobaSamuel: 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
Reference:
Indeed. They will have old stock for the next ten years. Criminals.

This is where deregulation works. You get swift response both ways simply due to competition. Goverment should not only deregulate but liberalise the petroleum industry.
Deregulation won't work like that oo, 9ja na special case, has the price of diesel and kerosine come down despite that it's the same crude oil that produces them with petrol
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Studyinchina200(m): 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
Most Nigerians are not patriotic.

They don’t even mind selling their country.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by ogawisdom(m): 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
If it was an increased they will adjust in seconds

Silly marketers grin
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by bionixs: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
GamalNasser:

Which subsidy again? How come you never understand anything properly
no mind am. you know there is much alcohol in circulation as sanitizer and some men go sometime dey swallowtize na. Expect some of these upside down reactions

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by AmeLonRo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
The problem is that they do not get simple economics. Nobody needs to pay any one and no one will loose any money here. They buy and sell. If they sell at the new price they will be able to buy again at the depot at the new price. Simple ko?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by AmeLonRo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by enshi(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
Olunmercy56:
I knew it, awon ole undecided undecided if the government increase the price, they too will immediately increase their prices too lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I am always trilled reading your comments
If you are reading this, may God bless you.
Keep being a good lady ok
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by BLESSICA: 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
lograr:

Hope you read the first paragraph of the article
some people eeerh, reading and understanding they really give them problem.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by spartachico(m): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
Well then there’s no problem ,all road leading to nnpc is the right move and see who will loose
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by semyman: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ahonsi8765:
see below
TylerDurden:

sharap zombie.

NNPC never removed subsidy. They only made accommodations for the naira's devaluation from 197 to 360.

Buhari is still paying subsidy which they are calling ''under recovery''.

And FYI, NNPC is claiming that they are supplying 50 million litres per day.

This has seen the subsidy payment well over a trillion naira annually despite the fact that Nigerians can barely afford to fill their tanks.

The level of wicked and heartless looting and corruption going on in this govt is mind-boggling.

Only NNPC now imports fuel as most marketers can not afford to import owing to Federal govt policy on refusing them access to forex.

All marketers now buy from NNPC.

The NNPC then inflates the amount it sells to marketers and from there loot double in the form of increased subsidy payments to themselves and reconciling sale of non-existing fuel.

Illiterate
I pity your fellow illiterates with this your mumu write up here
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by cardoso514: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ibadan is already selling
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Reptyle(m): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
Islie:

https://punchng.com/why-we-cant-sell-petrol-at-125-litre-marketers/

Valid point. The only lie to this position is that if the announcement was an increase even by 1 naira, the private marketers will implement the change within 30 minutes of the announcement.

Our government deals with us citizens. But the one wey we dey do ourselves naim bad pass.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Abagworo(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
One thing I've come to know is that being a novice begets careless comments on issues. Nobody operates his business at a loss be it petroleum products marketing or any other products and services. Government has never increased fuel price during surplus so marketers don't usually have stocks when prices are increased.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by omlueh(m): 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
But if the marketer bought the truck @ 145 that you rightly said, and FG gives an order to sell for @ 200 will the marketer sell. Food for thought.
foolbuster:

But they have a point. If you are a marketer and you bought a truck @145 yesterday and the next morning FG gives an order to sell for 125 will you sell?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by luggy(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
Useless marketer
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by SEYIOKE: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
ursullalinda:
I bought #125 today oh... wonder where these ones are speaking from......I stay in Lagos too.
You don't live 'everywhere' in Lagos.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ausrichie:

Yes. It might be a loss but I think about others too, you might not do this but that is the way I am.

Talk is cheap. No offense but that will be extremely foolish, an action taken in good faith is not a guarantee that it will always be sensible. It is like witnessing an ongoing armed robbery and the police is nearby witnessing it too but refuse to do anything and you go alone to challenge the armed robbers and save the victims because you are thinking about others.

We are talking about loses in millions here. You are running a business not a charity. The marketers are not just thinking for themselves but others too(they have a responsibility to their staff, family and business associates). You don't know if the marketer is operating with a loan facility.
The culprit is the government or whatever authority that failed to consider this, and that where you should direct your blame to and not individuals like you and me trying to make a living.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by YoungAncient1: 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
But if petroleum had been increased to 300 you have have gladly adjusted your pump without questions abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Maduafokwa Olisakwe: "PDP Should Find My ₦26 Million" - Anambra Guber Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.