Stats: 3,195,136 members, 7,957,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (112136 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Mjpem23(m): 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Don’t call him mumu. It is scientific - they call it placebo effect. If u believe enough even water will cure u, it WILL cure u!

I hear ooo
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Ekealterego: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

The tests on the chloroquine cannot have been confirmed. There just hasn't been enough time. At best they are fishing in the dark. China used chloroquine mostly alongside anti retroviral drugs and new anti flu drugs like Favipiravir. Chloroquine is being touted totally without evidence. Trump's FDA has not even included coronavirus as part of the diseases curable using chloroquine. That is why he has to announce it in person instead of theFDA or the CDC. No real scientist will risk taking such a potential blow to his reputation.

This same mindset is why Europe is worst hit... Litigations, waiting for official tests and reports and all sorts... China had a cocktail of drugs and experimented and REPORTED that they have been able to use chloroquine successfully... While Italy, Spain and Germany are recording only deaths because they have to wait for their regulators etc to take actions... This is where Trump comes in... In periods like this, you skip protocols and do what you have to do....

This was reported on Chinese media as far back as last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjKRitNedk

So far, they have been able to contain the problem since taking this drastic approach.

I will give you my personal experience in Europe...

I had a gastric virus one time with extreme diarrhoea... I used my last strength to visit an hospital so they can do something or at least give me a drug... They did their test and told me, "Ah! It's a virus! You will be okay" and discharged me...I almost walked on my knees home because I used public transportation... Just a few hours later I called in a Naija friend who had some pills from Nigeria and had it on standby...
24 hours later, I took the pills and I was 100 percent within 20 minutes!!

Here, too much regulations and rules! They are good sometimes but you also need to bend and be flexible.

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
eni4real:
Prof Maurice Iwu said it first!!

Where did he say it?
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Where did he say it?
Google is your Friend!!
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
eni4real:
Google is your Friend!!

Show me the link if you know where it is.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Show me the link if you know where it is.
I read something like that earlier this Month..
I don't have the link now...
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
eni4real:
I read something like that earlier this Month..
I don't have the link now...

According Vanguard News, Onu dismissed reports suggesting that Iwu had found a cure for the disease, adding that his initial finding was that the compound could cure SARS. Onu said, “They are testing it in the US to confirm whether this could be a cure for Covid -19 or SARS.”

Vanguard

No mention of chloroquine.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

According Vanguard News, Onu dismissed reports suggesting that Iwu had found a cure for the disease, adding that his initial finding was that the compound could cure SARS. Onu said, “They are testing it in the US to confirm whether this could be a cure for Covid -19 or SARS.”

Vanguard

No mention of chloroquine.
May be I processed the information wrongly then!

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Legendguru: 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
That failed drug
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by snochk: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Myde4naija(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
BruncleZuma:

At no point was Bonny Light static at 100$ for more than a week, STOP this disgustingly mindnumbing stupidity please.
ive always known gej sympathizers to be forgetful and always turn a blind eyes to the truth, all in an effort to make gej a hero he doesn't deserve to be.

Go back to those days oil was sold as high as 110- 120 and it was like that for over six month. The lowest price then was 90 and above.

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by LordGuru1: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by blakwater(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Last week I tried going around to check if i can put my hands on the drugs, guess what? It takes me 2 days to find it here in nigeria....and the kind look the pharmacy guys gave me eehhn, i was scared smiley ....but finally my hustle for the drug paid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" / Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad