Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? (2117 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
Can a man in his early 30's raise a family with such amount as salary? If yes, please share some ideas.you might be helping a brother out.
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by stickright(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
Yes. Marriage is between two people who love and care for each other and with a workable future plan. I guess you are not going to be the only one working. Otherwise, this might not work. That said. You and your partner must agree on your finances as well as personal contributions to the growth of your vision. If you earn 40k and your wife earns 30k. You already have 70k. A room-self contained is between 180k and 200k. Meaning less than 20k a month. You are left with 50k plus to spend for rest of the month and save for small start-up to add to your income. I think that should be enough for the month if the distance to your work place is not much or can be trekked to. Work on a startup that will fit for your income and grow it.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by ikh777: 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
favoryte33:
Can a man in his early 30's raise a family with such amount as salary? If yes, please share some ideas.you might be helping a brother out.

I would advice him to settle down with himself and make 400k before considering any lady. else he will only be able to raise UMBRELLA... or sell recharge card.

the POOR SHOULD NOT MARRY because poverty is one major cause of the vices in out nation.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Aboks(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
Why not
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by correctyourself(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
The should marry a lady that earn at least N100,010.00
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by MrToothBrush: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
favoryte33:
is the wife not working? If she's not, try to set up a business for her before marriage...

At the end it's all God's blessing... I have seen people who don't even have a stable job yet raise a family of 5 successful
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
Money can really change the equation. When my sister was earning 50k she was yearning for marriage, now that she is earning ×6, marriage no too dey her mind.

If that guy that is about to get married on 40k suddenly starts earning 200k, he would likely call off the wedding.

This is what in Economics we call Giffen or Veblen effect. Higher income changes taste.

Exceptions do exist.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Okoroawusa: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
People earning below that are happily married and you are talking.
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by nov19(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
All those drivers and security guards earn less than that. And are married with kids they are able to train to university level.

It's about two committed people willing travel the journey of live together.

I grew up to know a neighbour who is a driver working for one of the government ministry.. The wife is a full time how wife. They have 2 kids who are graduates and are both married now..

Their life is simple and are contented with what they have.

That family is just blessed..
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by AfroKnight: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Yes. He should settle down with a woman who earns 4 times his salary.

Or he could settle down and not have kids till his situation improves. Cos it’s going to be very tough raising kids on a man’s 40k salary.

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Phenomenal16(f): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
AfroKnight:
Yes. He should settle down with a woman who earns 4 times his salary.

Or he could settle down and not have kids till his situation improves. Cos it’s going to be very tough raising kids on a man’s 40k salary.
..so that what will happen exactly?
If I av #100,,,my husband should av #1000....though not a must... But I think Is ideal...
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by AfroKnight: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
Phenomenal16:
If I av #100,,,my husband should av #1000....though not a must... But I think Is ideal...

Are you saying a man should always earn more than his wife?
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
It's ok if woman can support financially. If she can't don't border cos u will struggle to live comfortably
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by seniormallam(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
In Lagos big NO......but in other states you may go ahead, 40k is your transport in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Oreofepeters: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
Bro no bother yourself, you can only settle up with 40k salary. Relationship is fvcking expensive nowadays.
By the time you start bearing children that 40k would look like 2k then you start begging from one place to another just to feed your family. No suffer yourself unnecessarily
It's not a must everyone must marry, don't listen anyone pestering you to get married. Relationship is costly but single life is like Gold. Sex is the only thing you stand to gain in a relationship, if konji dey worry you, get a fvck buddy or masturbate boom you go dey alright

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by uthlaw: 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
You better no go kill urself... Just continue dey enjoy ur salary,marriage send pple to early grave!

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Lightangel65: 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
favoryte33:

No that's the bitter truth, and you know deep within yourself.
Marriage with this salary is same as damming your wife and future kids to a bad life, that's fact.
Cause that salary is only enough to cater for a single person, and imagine you loose the job, with no savings probably, you know how disastrous that marriage will be

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Lightangel65: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
seniormallam:
In Lagos big NO......but in other states you may go ahead, 40k is your transport in Lagos.

Even in other states now, 40k can barely cater for one person
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Lightangel65: 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
Phenomenal16:

It's ideal for a happy marriage.
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
favoryte33:
Depend on the support you'll be getting from ur partner and the kinda quality life u want for your kid. Unless you guys agree not to have kids yet... Unfortunately married peeps no dey get strength to withdraw or take preventive measures grin
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by jeff1607(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
say you are earning 300k a month and you lose your job 4months into the marriage will you quit?
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
AfroKnight:

ideally. Abi u think if she earns more than you, u go come relax dey chop am? Lolzz..
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Phenomenal16(f): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2020
AfroKnight:

...is ideal not a must
To avoid unnecessary drama in d future
I don't pray to be richer than my man never
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by DZTech: 12:45am On Mar 20, 2020
Phenomenal16:
...is ideal not a must
To avoid unnecessary drama in d future
I don't pray to be richer than my man never

u should.
if u marry a level headed guy, discuss real issues and plans with him, instead of enjoying frivolities- more money is icing on ur family's cake.
ur dating observations will give u a clue.
my sister earns more than her hubby, travels out for work frequently, birthed 2 of her children in d US- from her pocket.
which man with a brain will be vexing?! lol
he looks after d kids a lot, cos his job is less demanding.
my only grouse with him is, he should be challenged to do more with his free time to start a side hustle.
I'm working on him, small small! wink

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by baralatie(m): 12:59am On Mar 20, 2020
marriage or been married is not to the sexual strong nor the financial buoyant. it by the spirit of God Almighty.
if your faith weak swerve
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 20, 2020
undecided
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by abiolamitodun(m): 5:33am On Mar 20, 2020
I think that should do...U know why I said so?...What if ur earning 150k and after marriage...Ur not earning more than 20k....I don't pray for that for u...Will u break ur home?
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by unmask: 5:56am On Mar 20, 2020
favoryte33:
why would you want to do anything like that? You will become a menace to society and also to the people you will borrow from. If you can't save on your income why bother with getting married?..... What happens if you lose the job.....no savings, no money then the fights start......fast forward to 2 years later and you will be seeking for divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by unmask: 6:03am On Mar 20, 2020
Phenomenal16:
why should that be ideal? Why can't it be you who makes the most?

The way I see it, a woman should have a goal and focus for her life (not the current my husband must be rich syndrome) why can't you be rich? Couples should support their spouse's dreams even if it will mean that the wife might earn better. If any man is honest with himself the success of his wife should never be a problem for him.

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 20, 2020
Marry yes but raise a family no.

Kids don't deserve to suffer so don't involve them yet until things turn around a little.
Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 20, 2020
nov19:
All those drivers and security guards earn less than that. And are married with kids they are able to train to university level.

It's about two committed people willing travel the journey of live together.

I grew up to know a neighbour who is a driver working for one of the government ministry.. The wife is a full time how wife. They have 2 kids who are graduates and are both married now..

Their life is simple and are contented with what they have.

That family is just blessed..

not everyone have rich siblings who will pay off their children school fees and other bills.

some people are living off their relatives. foolishly imitate them and die early from high BP

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? by succri(m): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2020
No u should be thinking of improving,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Set Tongues Wagging As They Share Raunchy Photos On Social Media / I'm Confused, I Think Am Caught In Between These Two / TGIF: Among These 2; Which One Do You Find More Fun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.