Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Why Marriages Never Last.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marriages Never Last.. (1578 Views)

Why Does Love Hurt So Much? Why Do Relationships &Marriages Never Last Nowadays? / I Now Understand Why Marriages End In Divorce – Shade Ladipo Says One Year After / Why Marriages Are Not That Sweet After Wedding These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ever wonder why dating is sweet but marriage is difficult??
It all starts when you both start living together..
You see each other many times and then she/he becomes BORING to you.
Now you go out to look to someone else to cheat on..
Distance creates tension
Too much Familiarity brings insult..
The relationship always going great until she moves into your house.
From my experience, I dated one sweet girl for 2yrs..
Our relationship was perfect until after 1 yr she decided to move in my apartment.. I said hell yeah, why not.
Boy what a mistake.

1. First thing I noticed is that when you are still dating her and don't live with each other, you tend to miss each other company and you want to see each other more,
This will make you not take each other for granted..

2. Women have 3 version of themselves they hide from you.
They reveal their hidden behaviors at different levels.
When you first started toasting a girl she shows you only one side of her
When you start dating her you see another side of her
When you move in with her, you begin to see the "real" version of her.

3. Most women feel once they move in with you, they are now in control of you and the house. She starts moving your stuffs without telling you. She starts complaining about how the room arrangement needs to be changed..how you leave the toilet seat up, how you place your shoes..
Basically the smallest things begin to piss both of you up.

4. Now you have given up your personal space, you are no longer in your comfort zone. This makes you unhappy with her and you guys will start quarreling about useless, small things..

Finally you can fake your lifestyle when you are living alone.
At first She can decieve you to believe that she is beautiful,clean and hard-working but when you finally move in with her. You get to see her true real identity...

SOLUTION
I Think for marriages to last long in this era
Husband and Wife Should live in separate rooms or houses.
It's expensive but this will make your marriage look fresh as you will get that same feeling as if both of you are still young and visiting each other like you did during courtship..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Do you think this solution will work??
I'm just talking from experience..
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by 1beat(m): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2020
your solution is big problem mke I clear you
Is ur parents living separate ? because this nonsense, how do u intend to build happy home

3 Likes

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by baralatie(m): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2020
don jazzy
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2020
1beat:
your solution is big problem mke I clear you
Is ur parents living separate ? because this nonsense, how do u intend to build happy home
Culture is dynamic. It changes from one generation to another.
So what works in your parents time will not work in this current generation.
That's why many marriage fail because they still use methods that only worked in the 1970s and 1980s..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 12:18am On Mar 20, 2020
baralatie:
don jazzy
Shhh don't let them know my moniker

3 Likes

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by healthserve(m): 1:20am On Mar 20, 2020
Gbola
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by zexy2030(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2020
only when they start having kids the women won't let u rest as u will need to carry d baby.
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 20, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Distance creates tension
Our relationship was perfect until after 1 yr she decided to move in my apartment.. I said hell yeah, why not.
Boy what a mistake.

1. First thing I noticed is that when you are still dating her and don't live with each other, you tend to miss each other company and you want to see each other more,

3. Most women feel once they move in with you, they are now in control of you and the house. She starts moving your stuffs without telling you. She starts complaining about how the room arrangement needs to be changed..how you leave the toilet seat up, how you place your shoes..

4. Now you have given up your personal space, you are no longer in your comfort zone. This makes you unhappy with her and you guys will start quarreling about useless, small things..

At first She can decieve you to believe that she is beautiful,clean and hard-working but when you finally move in with her. You get to see her true real identity...

SOLUTION
It's expensive but this will make your marriage look fresh as you will get that same feeling as if both of you are still young and visiting each other like you did during courtship..

In the same house but in different rooms it the best

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by kalufelix(m): 2:15am On Mar 20, 2020
I thought am the only one ...op make sense sha. Successful marriages are very few and far between these days. Divorce rate is very very high. Sometimes i wonder if marriage is a bondage. Me think one should priotize compatibility and understanding before love while looking for a partner (as in like you are looking for a roommate) some people just carry too much wahala for head looking for where to dump them. I cannot come and die before my time because of one small marriage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 2:28am On Mar 20, 2020
zexy2030:
only when they start having kids the women won't let u rest as u will need to carry d baby.
Wife apartment will have nanny for kids
Husband can visit wife apartment and stay as long as he wants and still go back to his own abode.
You still talk with her on phone.
When the kids grow they will enjoy it more.
Spending time with mum on Friday
Spending time with Dad on Saturday
2 places they can all call home..
Each parent with a unique vibe and the kids will learn how to be independent in life but still connected to family.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 2:50am On Mar 20, 2020
healthserve:
Gbola
Carry your 1.5 inch gbola commot for here

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by blackpanthar: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Do you think this solution will work??
I'm just talking from experience..

From your plenty off point, its clear you are not married or even planning to. So you are in to way qualified to speak on this matter.

From all you wrote, poor or average income peeps cant marry meanwhile your parents were not wealthy o.

You have plenty words but no practical balance.

I have a simple question for you sir
Who created the idea called marriage?

When you find out who did then you will get answers to all these.
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by movement2020: 5:56am On Mar 20, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Distance creates tension
Boy what a mistake.

SOLUTION

One of the principles in social work is Individualization. It means, two individuals can have the same problem/crisis, even in the same environment. However, the intervention and probable solution can never be the same. Reason being that, two distinct individuals are involved and as such, should be treated differently. Though, the solution to Mr A could be be tried on Mr B but that does not mean it can or cannot work for Mr. B. You have to treat Mr. B's problem/crisis differently.

Back to your marriage problem, the basic problem facing marriages today from experience is that, people going into it are not well prepared. Either parties attach one reason or the other before going into it forgetting that change is constant. When expectations fall short, they become agitated. To say it becomes difficult and grudges emanates.

With this, there is no single solution to marriage problems because it would continue to happen. What social workers encourage is heart to heart discussion between couples. Communication is key when it comes to marriage. Tell your partner in anyway you deem fit your grudges and your expectations. It goes a long way in resolving issues.

What we detest is domestic violence. Whenever that occurs seek for quick intervention, not a third party but welfare unit or counsellors. Lot of homes have parted ways due to third party intervention especially in-laws. Couples should endeavour to shield their home from in-laws.

3 Likes

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by eazzzy1(m): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Disadvantages being that;

1. It becomes easy for her to cheat
2. She learns to live without you
3. Fights that will usually last a few hours will last longer.

The reason why people feel bored in marriages is because they don’t want to accept their reality. People cheat while dating too, there are more breakups than divorces.

If you want to live apart from your partner, don’t marry. Just have a baby mama and enjoy your privacy and personal space.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by eazzzy1(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2020
There are no boring or unhappy marriages. There are boring or unhappy people. The solution for a happy marriage is to be happy and marry someone who’s happy. By happy I mean internal joy, being happy with yourself and the state of your life.
Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2020
blackpanthar:

From your plenty off point, its clear you are not married or even planning to. So you are in to way qualified to speak on this matter.

I have a simple question for you sir
Who created the idea called marriage?

When you find out who did then you will get answers to all these.
My parents generation and orientation is that of the 70s and 80s..
This method only works for modern day marriages..
I said it's expensive to do this.
Not for broke people like you.. so stay away
Stick to your face me I face you house.

You don't need to go inside Hell to know if it's really hot.
You don't need to go to war to know that war is deadly...You don't need to be married in order to know how marriage works..

Now who invented marriage??
Nobody did, it all started as a support system. Where the females couldn't hunt for food and we're exposed to dangers of the Amazon..
Inorder for the woman to survive, she had to gain the trust of the alpha male in the tribe who will protect,cloth and feed her. So in return she creates a family for the alpha male. It's a trade by bater system..

Since you can't read and understand, it will be a waste of time sharing knowledge to you.. it's like pouring water into a basket..
This method is not for poor inbreds like you.. Stay in your league..

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 8:38am On Mar 20, 2020
eazzzy1:
There are no boring or unhappy marriages. There are boring or unhappy people. The solution for a happy marriage is to be happy and marry someone who’s happy. By happy I mean internal joy, being happy with yourself and the state of your life.
Boredom is a result of over Familiarity between to people.
When you live with someone for years you know each other too much, that every move can be predictable
So you take them for granted..
That spark and chemistry that was alive during dating period goes off when you both move in and start getting used to each other's antics and seeing her true nature unfold..

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2020
eazzzy1:
Disadvantages being that;

1. It becomes easy for her to cheat
2. She learns to live without you
3. Fights that will usually last a few hours will last longer.
1. Trust Me, Nothing can stop a woman from cheating on you. Only her can stop herself. Be it monogamous, polygamous marriage, if a woman want to cheat she will still cheat as for the guy.
Women that live with husband in a tight 2 bedroom flat cheat more self..
Cheating is more of a self discipline issue
So not even a separate apartment can stop a cheat.
You will need to be careful of the woman you marry cuz a cheat is a cheat no matter the type of marriage.

2. She has been living by herself comfortably before she met me even till when we where mad in love during dating period,, So it makes more sense to still maintain her personal space.
Because moving in together creates too much friction trust me.. A lot of your personal demons and bad habits will be revealed then magnified by her and she will try to change and control you.
Now you are living as if she is your Mom scolding you for leaving toilet seat up and other useless things..

3. What do people do after they fight?
They separate for a while to calm down and reflect on their issues.
Their absence will make you miss them more and have more time to reflect and want to forgive them, because you miss their company. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
When you live together after a fight, you don't get to separate to calm down. You are stuck with that same person and the memory of the fight still lingers and anything they do becomes more annoying. That's why husbands go out with boys to calm down after heated argument. When they come back they face the same wife who then starts arguing why he came back late and thus another fight starts..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by SultanOfPuna: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2020
movement2020:

One of the principles in social work is Individualization. It means, two individuals can have the same problem/crisis, even in the same environment. However, the intervention and probable solution can never be the same. Reason being that, two distinct individuals are involved and as such, should be treated differently. Though, the solution to Mr A could be be tried on Mr B but that does not mean it can or cannot work for Mr. B. You have to treat Mr. B's problem/crisis differently.

Back to your marriage problem, the basic problem facing marriages today from experience is that, people going into it are not well prepared. Either parties attach one reason or the other before going into it forgetting that change is constant. When expectations fall short, they become agitated. To say it becomes difficult and grudges emanates.

With this, there is no single solution to marriage problems because it would continue to happen. What social workers encourage is heart to heart discussion between couples. Communication is key when it comes to marriage. Tell your partner in anyway you deem fit your grudges and your expectations. It goes a long way in resolving issues.

What we detest is domestic violence. Whenever that occurs seek for quick intervention, not a third party but welfare unit or counsellors. Lot of homes have parted ways due to third party intervention especially in-laws. Couples should endeavour to shield their home from in-laws.

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by eazzzy1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

3. What do people do after they fight?
They separate for a while to calm down and reflect on their issues.
Their absence will make you miss them more and have more time to reflect and want to forgive them, because you miss their company. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
When you live together after a fight, you don't get to separate to calm down. You are stuck with that same person and the memory of the fight still lingers and anything they do becomes more annoying. That's why husbands go out with boys to calm down after heated argument. When they come back they face the same wife who then starts arguing why he came back late and thus another fight starts..

1. You know there are types of cheaters, there are chronic cheats and opportunity cheats. Most people fall under the opportunity cheat spectrum, they will cheat if the opportunity presents itself. Staying apart brings a lot of opportunity to cheat. If you are married or you have lived with a girl you will know it is quite difficult to cheat without privacy. Someone living with their partner is easier to catch cheating than someone who is not.

2. Absence doesn’t always make the heart grow fonder, sometimes absence makes people forget you. While absence is good for sex life it isn’t good for love life. Even siblings who grew up in different houses are not as tight knit as the ones who lived together. Inseparability is one very essential aspect of love. Most couples before divorce are required to be separated for one year, so by your theory they should not proceed with the divorce because living separately will help them miss each other?

3.Most relationship coaches will tell you not to allow your fights go beyond one day, the reason is when you fight as a couple over a small issue the mind/brain tend to magnify the issue. The longer you stay fighting the more time you have to draw baseless conclusions and link lot of other events that had nothing to do with the initial fight.

If living apart was the solution to a breakup then relationships would not break up as often as they do. Some people dated up to 10 girls in the past but are still in their first marriage, living together with no need to divorce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriages Never Last.. by eazzzy1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Boredom is a result of over Familiarity between to people.
When you live with someone for years you know each other too much, that every move can be predictable
So you take them for granted..
That spark and chemistry that was alive during dating period goes off when you both move in and start getting used to each other's antics and seeing her true nature unfold..

No boredom is a state of mind that the bored person allowed. You can’t possibly cherish something/someone the same way you did when you first acquired them.

Boredom is a choice, again even dating people get bored with time, the excitement of dating tends to wear off after the first few months, it’s up to the couples to find ways to spice things up.

If you need to stay apart from your wife to not be bored, even that will get boring at some point. You will then reduce seeing her every 3days to once a week, then twice a month, to 4 times a year to never again.

If you don’t want to live with a woman it’s better not to get married.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Drop You Whatsapp Line Let's Just Chat Away / I / Do Nigerian Womem Set Themselves Up For Rape? Opinion Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.