Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? (2489 Views)

Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka / Why The Apc,should Field A Muslim/muslim Joint Ticket / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by 7lives: 12:01am On Mar 22, 2020
WATCHOVER:
The supreme truth is tribalism, most especially in the North where their hatred for Ibos are been taught right from childhood.

Secondly the Ibos are not united, they prefer money more than anything else.

That is why there is an adage that says give an Ibo man sufficient Capital (money) he will drop the bible and pick up a knife

CHAI

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by EagleNest(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2020
Waste of precious time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Iceberg3: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
DeViNe007:

Go and sit down!what was the outcome of the 1979 election?why did they resorted to the court that award them with a mathematical victory of 12 2/3?

1979?!?!

How many years, decades ago is that?
Shows you are very old but still reasoning like a .... @40

Such a big shame
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Iceberg3: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
Bighead9:
It's because any Igbo presidential or VP candidate is a bad market. Even if an Igbo man contest along side an angel as his running mate, Nigerians won't vote for them. grin grin

Igbo's can never rule this Country.

Quote me anywhere.

A certain mallam, northern mafia from Kwara once made such boast pre 1999,that over his dead body will a southerner rule naija. Obj became president and guess what,he died.
Who belived Ijaw will rule naija?! But we have one already.

May God have mercy on your soul.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by LabDNA: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
DeViNe007:
Now!,nobody should please bring up the highly controvercial 1979 presidential electral victory that was based on 122/3 by the court into the discuss,this was just a flash in the pan of a sort.
However,having explain this,i have being wondering why in all past elections after this,always whenever a presidential candidate of the Northern estration took up an Igbo running mate ends in a defeat for such candidate irrespective of how popular such a candidate may be,IS THIS A CURSE ON THE IGBOS?
Before anyone would start pouring unquantifiable venom on me instead of them to counter my submission with a superior argument,these are instances:in 1993 presidential election,Bashir Tofa was pair up with an Igbos running mate by the name Sylvester Ugoh and was not only defeated in the election but lost his polling unit to a BERIBE!;ten years after in 2003 another northerner in person of our amiable Gen Mohammedu Buhari,who has massive cult followership in the North fielded an Igbo man in the person of sen.Chuba Okadgbo
yoruba voters have been the biggest electoral failures from pre-independence till 2015 when they suceeded for the first time and started pounding their chests like apes that they are kingmakers.

Yoruba voted for Awolowo the first time, he failed.

They voted him second time, he failed,

They supported MKO he failed and even got killed.

Yoruba voted Olu falae he failed.

They gave Nuhu ribadu ACN ticket in 2011, he failed.

With history taken into account yoruba voters are the biggest electoral failures. They won elections for the first time since independence just yesterday in 2015, they suddenly start beating their chests like gorillas and insulting everyone else. grin

A 6 year old child witnessed when yoruba electorates won elections for the first time ever in their political sojourn in Nigeria. grin

They'll be humbled again in 2023, if APC fields a yorubaman. grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by DeViNe007: 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
LabDNA:

yoruba voters have been the biggest electoral failures from pre-independence till 2015 when they suceeded for the first time and started pounding their chests like apes that they are kingmakers.

Yoruba voted for Awolowo the first time, he failed.

They voted him second time, he failed,

They supported MKO he failed and even got killed.

Yoruba voted Olu falae he failed.

They gave Nuhu ribadu ACN ticket in 2011, he failed.

With history taken into account yoruba voters are the biggest electoral failures. They won elections for the first time since independence just yesterday in 2015, they suddenly start beating their chests like gorillas and insulting everyone else. grin

A 6 year old child knows when yoruba electorates won elections for the first time ever. grin

They'll be humbled again in 2023, if APC fields a yorubaman. grin
What i know is that, you Igbos will forever remain a pieces of SHIT that you are and as long as this country remains.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by LabDNA: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2020
DeViNe007:

What i know is that, you Igbos will forever remain a pieces of SHIT that you are and as long as this country remains.

E pain your ewedu muslim skull. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Provalker: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Dasuks:

Before u get all excited, stop with the half assed analysis. North/se beat Awolowo in 79 and 83. Whether u factor in the awkward judgment for 79 or the absurdities of 1983, in Nigeria what counts is who is sworn in come inauguration day. And the gap was already very convincing. Only issue was spread. The eventual runoff 2nd round would have been prepackaged by the military for Shagari either way. An Awo victory as slim as that was, would simply not be announced. Nigeria was designed for federative leadership not regional..

That being said u are conflating Abiola's victory with his identity... lol. That was a man who built contacts (even in the East, he won Anambra and averaged more than 40% in Igboland) nationally, over a decades long empire building career. In fact, up until the 1992 ban of old politicians most Yorubas didnt even consider him. He held no real regard for Awolowo or his political wing. His victory was borne from his peculiar persona and strategy. Ofc he knew getting his kin on board was only a matter of time. Ultimately it all worked out. Who was Bashir Tofa ? His money and worth were only for him and his family. In fact, I will go as far as saying as there is no equivalent of Abiola right now in this country.

The Igbos aligned with PDP from 1999 and I would also point out that even tho their Ekwueme lost out to OBJ they gave OBJ all of their votes. Same OBJ that won only 12 percent in Lagos, barely 25 percent anywhere else in the west and only about 30 percent in his home state of Ogun. Lol.. the only successful Yoruba at the polls was more of a northern, SS and Eastern choice than a SW selection... so one could even argue that the AG/UPN Yoruba core political center has never produced a President lol..

Hence, it didnt matter where GMB picked Okadigbo or Ume Ezeoke or Ojukwu ran etc. Who were this men to the bigger picture of SE political positioning. Igbos threw their hat in with the PDP, albeit a Northern oligarchy dominated structure... the irony... I think what u should ask urself is that why has Igbo voting not necessarily followed the ethnic identity of their preferred candidates. What elite resolutions govern these choices. Perhaps, what cultural norms or presumptions and the like. Not the BS u have up here, throwing things together to fit ur narrative. I will repeat by the logic of " what votes do u bring to the table? What is ur contribution?" that is so popular now, OBJ essentially owed the SW nothing. The rigging and machinations in the SS and SE almost made it seem like he was their son. Look at his Rivers numbers for example. Nigeria is actually less tribalized than trolls like u make it seem on NL.

Igbos were on the right side of 79, 83, 99, 03, 07 and 11 some of u on here make it seem like u dont know that the only time the SW votes correlated with the winning party was in 93, 11,15 and this past 2019. If we were to go all the way back to 1959 and 1964 federal elections, the story is the same, with both Igbo and Yoruba losing out in '64. And the West losing its own regional control in the 1965 regionals.

1979 and 1983 on their own invalidate ur claim. Stop getting carried away with temporary political success. With the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan in 2011, almost every zone in the country has technically been at the center of power over the country's history. They can all say "been there, done that". Wait for 2023, 27, 31 and beyond before drawing ur conclusions.
Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by DeViNe007: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
LabDNA:

E pain your ewedu muslim skull.

grin
YOU ARE NOT EVEN SORRY FOR YOUR TRIBE THAT CANT DEMAND FOR THE PRESIDENCY BUT RATHER CHOOSE TO BEG! AND BEG!!FOR ORDINARY VP,UNLIKE WE THAT LOOK AT THE EYES OF ANY CABAL AND DEMAND FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE IS OURS.
PDP YOUR PARTY CANT ENTRUST YOU PEOPLE WITH ITS PRESIDENTIAL TICKET UNLESS THERE IS ASSURANCE OF APC DOING LIKEWISE, WHILE THE APC CAN NEVER NEVER HAND OVER ITS PRESIDENTIAL TICKET TO YOU HATEFUL,MALICIOUS AND UNGREATFUL LOTS.AND ONE MORE THING YOUR CRY FOR Biafra!IS JUST LIKE THE RANT OF ANTS INUGO!!!IDIARA

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by LabDNA: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
DeViNe007:

YOU ARE NOT EVEN SORRY FOR TRIBE THAT THEY.CANT DEMAND FOR PRESIDENT BUT RATHER CHOOSE TO BEG! AND BEG!!FOR ORDINARY VP,UNLIKE WE THAT LOOK AT THE EYES OF CABAL AND DEMAND FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE IS OURS.
PDP YOUR PARTY CANT ENTRUST YOU PEOPLE WITH ITS PRESIDENTIAL TICKET UNLESS THERE IS ASSURANCE OF APC DOING LIKEWISE, WHILE THE APC CAN NEVER NEVER HAND OVER ITS PRESIDENTIAL TICKET TO YOU HATEFUL,MALICIOUS AND UNGREATFUL LOTS.

The Ibos are brave.

you ewedu muslims can't ask for your nation, you are not confident enough to do that because you lack cohesion, unity and are cowards. You lack balls.

There is more testoterone in the left breast of an Igbo teenage girl than in 10 yoruba full grown men put together. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by DeViNe007: 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
LabDNA:

The Ibos are brave.

you ewedu muslims can't ask for your nation, you are not confident enough to do that because you lack cohesion, unity and are cowards. You lack balls.

There is more testoterone in the left breast of Ibo teenage girl than in 10 yoruba full grown men put together. grin
NNA AS BRAVE AS OJUKWE!!NNA MEN DONT MISTAKE STUPIDITY FOR BRAVERY INUGO!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by junketer(m): 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Op please remove those of buhari. Even if buhari had chosen ojukwu or chooses nnamdi kanu now to run with, igbos will still vote against him. Buhari no be am at all. With that of tofa, igbos wanted someone that's not hausa fulani to become president. We wanted power to come to the south and that's why we voted abiola. We all know what happened in the last election between buhari and atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Bighead9: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
Iceberg3:

A certain mallam, northern mafia from Kwara once made such boast pre 1999,that over his dead body will a southerner rule naija. Obj became president and guess what,he died.
Who belived Ijaw will rule naija?! But we have one already.

May God have mercy on your soul.

E pain this Igbo MUSLIM well. grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by 7lives: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
DeViNe007:

You are a stupid piece of SHIT and for your information you will remain so.Now!let me tell something,we the Great Yorubas for long time clamour for True federalism because we want to govern ourselves but since the others are foot draging about it and knowing fully well that we operating a UNITARISM THAT YOUR FOREBEARS INTRODUCED TO US,which would not guarantee all the benefits of FEDERALISM,we had to align with our partners up North,otherwise we wont mind remaining in the opposition.
Even come to think of it we have paid our dues as far as opposition is concerned and one more thing,IT IS NOT IN OUR DNA TO BEG FOR ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY,WHAT WE WANT WE GET UNLIKE YOU THAT EVERYONE TREAT LIKE PIECE OF SHIT!!!

CHAI

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by gawu1: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
WATCHOVER:
The supreme truth is tribalism, most especially in the North where their hatred for Ibos are been taught right from childhood.

That is why there is an adage that says give an Ibo man sufficient Capital (money) he will drop the bible and pick up a knife
Are you saying Igbos like northerners, but northerners hate Igbo's?
In 1979 election, a nortgerner shagari picked a an Igbo his vice
In 1991 election, a northerner Tofa picked an Igbo his vice
In 2003 election, a Northerner Buhari picked an Igbo his vice
In 2007 election, a Northerner Buhari picked an Igbo his vice
In 2011 election two Northerners all picked Igbos their deputies
In 2019 election, a Northerner Atiku picked an Igbo his deputy.
Yet you still wrote northerners hate Igbos?
The fact is that Igbos might not be good to partner with politically. Even Shagari nearly lost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Justiceleague1: 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by LivingSage: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
They agitate for Biafra, unachievable.
They supported Shiite, atiku, Gaidom, where are they today?
They supported kwakwaso, Jonathan, Saraki, Dino melaye, they're no more relevant.
They're pushing FFK, he's now a nuisance. And host of others I couldn't remember now.
So, it's not from my mouth you'll hear that the developers are badluck

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Topsic70: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
Olugbanko:
you're not even ashamed to deny your paternity... mtcew!

tooth4tooth:

You are the one with damaged brain cells.

You don't know me yet you want to tell me who I am .
@tootpick,
Nwanne, u don't need to deny ur Igbo heritage just to make a point o!
Ngwa, 'who is u'?
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by sweetsell: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
tooth4tooth:
The purpose of this thread is to spite the Igbos. Can everyone please ignore this lazy youth

NOTE: Am not Igbo.

If you like be from hell fire. Several Igbos open thread more senseless to spite Hausa Fulani Yoruba Ikwerre Edo Delta everyday I do not see you cautioning everyone to ignore that. Is that not enough to prove that you are indeed Igbo n a very foolish one at that ?! Just asking O.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by sweetsell: 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lies !

The only tribe that teaches it infant bigotry n hate from the womb are the Igbos

WATCHOVER:

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Dedetwo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Most Nigerians are dumbass fools. The scenario is likened to a person who chose bush over a road.
Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by Dedetwo(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Iceberg3:

1979?!?!

How many years, decades ago is that?
Shows you are very old but still reasoning like a .... @40

Such a big shame
grin grin

The dude had foolishly voted to choose bush over a cleared road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by WATCHOVER(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
gawu1:

Are you saying Igbos like northerners, but northerners hate Igbo's?
In 1979 election, a nortgerner shagari picked a an Igbo his vice
In 1991 election, a northerner Tofa picked an Igbo his vice
In 2003 election, a Northerner Buhari picked an Igbo his vice
In 2007 election, a Northerner Buhari picked an Igbo his vice
In 2011 election two Northerners all picked Igbos their deputies
In 2019 election, a Northerner Atiku picked an Igbo his deputy.
Yet you still wrote northerners hate Igbos?
The fact is that Igbos might not be good to partner with politically. Even Shagari nearly lost
Stop deceiving yourself we all saw what happened to Atiku where Peter Obi pics was removed that was one clear example.
The Northerners have always and still promoting and practicing Nepotism, this has led to the decay status of this Nation.
Kiss the truth my dear
Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by tooth4tooth: 4:02am On Mar 23, 2020
sweetsell:

If you like be from hell fire. Several Igbos open thread more senseless to spite Hausa Fulani Yoruba Ikwerre Edo Delta everyday I do not see you cautioning everyone to ignore that. Is that not enough to prove that you are indeed Igbo n a very foolish one at that ?! Just asking O.

You probably haven't check my previous posts. So, who is foolish now?

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by tooth4tooth: 4:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Topsic70:

@tootpick,
Nwanne, u don't need to deny ur Igbo heritage just to make a point o!
Ngwa, 'who is u'?
cheesy
You can see the the reason why you and your likes are the problem of this forum. If an Igbo person create a topic to spite you,you spite them back on that same topic. A yoruba man is bigger than creating a topic to spite the Igbos. To me, you guys are embarrassing the Yorubas.

Re: Presidential Election:why Do The North/se Joint Ticket Often End In Defeat? by DeViNe007: 10:09pm On May 28, 2020
My candid advice to the Nyanmirins is their trade

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic Thank IPOB For Their Support And Love As They Work Together / Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 / 2023 I’m Old Enough To Be Your Father, Don’t Tell Me To Be OBIDIENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.