Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? (72990 Views)

Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad. / Which Course Were You Planning To Study? And Which Course Did U End Up Studying / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by namiji2598: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
Farki:

He is in Lagos
I throught dey said jobs dey Lagos?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
millionboi2:
don't learn forex,pls stay away from forex.

is just like beting,infact betin beta pass forex oooo

The pesin u see trying to teach u,want to use u and recover his lost.

A word is a enough 4a wise.

if you do not know anything related to forex, please just close your mouth
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Maroghene(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mechanical Engineering but currently working as a technical instructor with the state ministry of education.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
ekesol:
Studied, HND automotive engineering, BENG mechanical engineering, MSC project management but I work as a Well intervention Engr. Oil and gas.
Nice one Sir,
Can I submit my CV?
Studied Elect/Elect Engineering - ND and BSC,
Distinction & 2:1 respectively.
Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by odogwu9(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
englishmart:
Judging by the unreliability of certificates/degrees in Nigeria, medical doctors end up becoming caterers, some banking and finance graduates goe into auxillary (useless version of) nursing, and lots more.

Well, my computer science education has met parochialism here in one company where I work as an elevator technician/engineer.

Do we have any chemist selling Akara? Please talk to us

Am a crop scientist working as a freelance sales consultant
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by FANE4Naija: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
lalasticlala:

I studied Political Science/Public Admin
Lol. Unless no be Lala from ABSU wey study medicine?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by ATTITUDE2: 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
johnny6211:
I studied library and information science, currently am working as an information consultant

prolly form unijos?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by libertymax(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
studied guidance and counselling now selling data
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Felixitie(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Olami90:

I studied same course as you did but working in a manufacturing industry in supervisory role of production unit.

With your experience in govt setting (being a scientific officer in a Govt agency) what will you advice i do having opportunity in a Science ministry of state govt and also a lecturing job to the private job I doing now (a pharmaceutical)?
Cool. I will advice you take the government role. Especially if it gives you an opportunity to work on the field or develop. On the long run you can take up a lecturing work as a part time which I believe your experience and qualifications will help.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by sweetguy10(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Samadhii:

Thanks for responding.
Which information tech training Institute can u recommend with minimal charges

I learnt software dev at NIIT, the full stack Java course cost about 300k . The package includes HTML , JavaScript , RDBMS (Database management ) , Hibernate for ORM , Core Java and all enterprise Java frameworks - JSP , JSF , Struts , Spring MVC with well detailed materials/books and class exercises . Lots of people will tell you that NIIT is not as it was anymore but during my time (2017) I was lucky to have a very interactive and supportive tutor . You can as well try Aptech among others. I learnt Angular , PHP (Laravel) , Spring boot on my own .
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
wiconse:
law, full time forex trader.
remember forex is not a get rich quick scheme
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Teegelop(f): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
I studied Political science and working as a customer relationship manager (banker)

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Darestc2k12: 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
bayocanny:

Bro, I swear na God. immediately I finished my degree in 2018 I quickly enter street hustle gather money for my NYSC. I saved during NYSC camp, no lavish spending. I got to my ppa in a rural area like that and I discovered that there's no bank nearby so I seize the opportunity, I make inquiries about the POS stuff and I got to know how lucrative it is.
Luckily for me an ex Corper in my local government got a job with a POS company while serving but he stay put cuz he was required to work in the state where he served. I used the opportunity and get a POS machine from him, got a shop and started the business last year December. Then, I used to shuttle between my work place and my ppa. I reason with my employer about what am doing and he gave me the opportunity. I normally go to school from 8am to 11am by 12pm I don japa go hustle for my shop.
Now that NYSC is over am now a full-time business man, a got a part time job last month as well to support my hustle and I'm doing fine.
Also, I'm nursing my Msc degree ambition abroad, have already secured the scholarship, just waiting for corona to vanish so that I can enter embassy collect my visa .

Pls I wish to connect with in respect of scholarship on WHATSAPP . my WHATSAPP number is 08064407549.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by SUXXI(m): 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
I studied Computer Science.I am a computer Engineer and also an Instructor teaching others Computer Engineering in a Vocation Training Center.
I enjoy my profession and my job.
Impacting knowledge to others.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Opexzy: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
ibkayee:

I’d prefer to keep communication on nland smiley
Okay...

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Torie8(f): 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
I studied primary education studies still doing job hunting
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by LegendHero(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
Kenplay:

Can you brief me a little about your Data Analyst work? Am currently studing statistics/computer sc. and would like to be a data analyst.

I work with Tableau, QlikView/QlikSense, and sometimes MS PowerBi. Did a lot of work with SAP Fiori and S/4 HANA too. I have knowledge of SQL and C# too.

Although not working in Nigeria tho.

With Your computer Science/ Statistics, you will be a better fit for a data analyst. Just make sure you’re learning something besides school curriculum. Choose some of them and learn them on your own, they have the student version you can download for free. I’ll also recommend you learn Python

Although you can’t get your hand on SAP, it’s an enterprise software that’s not that open for free.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2020
Humblesam:
I studied petrochemical engineering but here I am working in a police station grin
Naija magic!!!
as what mbok?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Ishiewo: 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2020
yorke1:
Economics but working as an Accountant.
a rational thinker spotted
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Blessinq1(f): 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Perfectdanny:

which kain work come dae for police station? Abi you dae help people write statement?
Maybe he dae help them buy fuel��
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Houseofglam7(f): 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Kylekent59:
I studied petroleum engineering, I work as a body guard to a top politician.

Dem say make we read say good job go come.
Hope you all have seen....
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by snowblaq(f): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Studied Pharmacy.... Working as a Community Pharmacist.

3 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Farki: 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
namiji2598:
I throught dey said jobs dey Lagos?

There are jobs in Lagos but the state is overcrowded so the jobs might not end up paying much, some don't pay at all and others have silly qualification requirements just to stop others from applying. Some people are fortunate that their jobs are enough to live on but most are not so most people end up doing a side business or have a partner with another source of income.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
Soleye24:

I studied biochemistry too, nothing serious since 2017. Am surprised seeing a biochemist getting a job in his field. pls can I pm?
Na God do am for me but all applications are on hold because of coronavirus
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Muchmore024: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Muchmore024: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
Obaakran:

how much?

Part A 10k

Part B.. 10k

When i am done with u..u wont need part B that much..
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Muchmore024:

Ode..stop saying what you dont know
Forex is regulated by world bank..
Forex is more like advance aboki dollar exchange..
You buy usd/ngn for 350.and .two days later dollar went up to 370..u gain 20...and you can decide to take profit or leave it to grow too...and if dollar comes down too..d same tin...So bros.if u dont understand forex stop saying wat u dont know..i hope u re not a graduate sha..cos if u re one..den u are a disgrace to d university u finished from..

Imagine "Forex is like betting"
Ode ni e..i repeat ...Ode

do not mind that boy
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by SmileDance(f): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by XploraBen(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lorenzena:
Nursing science still in school thou
Which school? UNN?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Obaakran: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
Muchmore024:
Part A 10k
Part B.. 10k
When i am done with u..u wont need part B that much..
send me ur WhatsApp contact. let me be hopeful u re legit
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by SolomonGrundy: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2020
iaamxavier:
Currently studying pharmacy

I hope I get to practice with It wink
The choice is all yours to make. You will have a lot of options to choose from.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Commanderinpips: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
lonelyhousewife:
Studied Economics but currently a phone technician ( sales & repair) and also trade Forex and Options

So how has been your experience in forex trading. Please make sure you lear it very well because it is a lifetime biz

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply)

WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate / Meet The State That Have 15 University In Nigeria / A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.