Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive (7311 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / The Ways Of A Bini(edo) / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2010
Note for Binis (Edo): Do you consider yourself Yoruba, culturally & politically?
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by PhysicsQED(m): 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
What kind of question is this? How can a group consider themselves something they are clearly not. What a joke.

I should start a thread called, note for Ibibio, do you consider yourself Igbo politically and culturally. It will interesting to see the utter confusion and contempt they mete out when hit with such a nonsensical question.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
^^^^
Thanks; just wanted to confirm based on some Yoruba claims here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574674.0.html that Edo will automatically be Yoruba in the event of a Nigerian split. But again, lets wait to hear from more Edos.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2010
Actually, Bin (Edo) is superior to Yoruba based on the true story of Oduduwa, not the falling-out-of-the-sky concocted history we were fed with
Oduduwa was a Bini empire palace prince who escaped punishment and moved westward to form the Yoruba group.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by PhysicsQED(m): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2010
The Oduduwa thing is about royal dynasties, not what group was formed. A proto Yoruba/Igala group was around long before Oduduwa and a proto Bini/Esan/Etsako/Urhobo group was around long before Oduduwa.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2010
PhysicsQED:

The Oduduwa thing is about royal dynasties, not what group was formed. A proto Yoruba/Igala group was around long before Oduduwa and a proto Bini/Esan/Etsako/Urhobo group was around long before Oduduwa.

So what then do we belive? They say Oduduwa was their father, now you say no, its only about dynasty. So means Oduduwa came from Bini and established a dynasty in Yorubaland? What about the people he met in Yorubaland? Did they cowardly run into igbo agala?
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2010
Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
it is impossible, to call an edo man, yoruba. it is a completely weird and wishful thinking by those who wish to expand their coast, because of their newly found population and power, gotten thru back biting and betrayals of the highest order.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Actually, Bin (Edo) is superior to Yoruba based on the true story of Oduduwa, not the falling-out-of-the-sky concocted history we were fed with
Oduduwa was a Bini empire palace servant who escaped punishment and moved westward to form the Yoruba group.
are you  serious ? shocked shocked cuz the binis still accept the tradition that claimed oramiyan as the founder and first oba of benin

stop yarning rubbish here
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

are you serious ? shocked shocked cuz the binis still accept the tradition that claimed oramiyan as the founder and first oba of benin

stop yarning rubbish here

The source of Yoruba from Benin is very authentic.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200405050209.html
http://www.edo-nation.net/sowunmi1.htm
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

The source of Yoruba from Benin is very authentic.

http://www.edo-nation.net/sowunmi1.htm
you have been eating too much sugar,so you can't think on your own.If the binis acknowledged that Oranmiyan was sent to come and rule over

benin by his father;oduduwa but was unsuccessful because of language and cultural barrier,therefore,how can a vassal state like benin under the control of

oduduwa be the origin of yoruba ?
tongue tongue
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2010
We should discuss how the Igbos flew from Israel grin grin
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 12:02am On Dec 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you have been eating too much sugar,so you can't think on your own.If the binis acknowledged that Oranmiyan was sent to come and rule over

benin by his father;oduduwa but was unsuccessful because of language and cultural barrier,therefore,how can a vassal state like benin under the control of

tongue tongue

Erediauwa had on page 205 of his autobiography, I Remain Sir, Your Obedient Servant launched in Lagos last week traced the history of Oduduwa, the progenitor of the Yoruba race to "one Ekaledehan, a Benin Prince who had once escaped the community's axe but later re-appeared in Ife after wandering in the bush from Benin for a very long time."

Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

We should discuss how the Igbos flew from Israel grin grin
or how the ibos have been existing before Adam
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 27, 2010
omongbati3:

Erediauwa had on page 205 of his autobiography, I Remain Sir, Your Obedient Servant launched in Lagos last week traced the history of Oduduwa, the progenitor of the Yoruba race to "one Ekaledehan, a Benin Prince who had once escaped the community's axe but later re-appeared in Ife after wandering in the bush from Benin for a very long time."

ode

and you think the oba of lagos is the best person to defend the history of the yorubas ?
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 12:07am On Dec 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

ode

and you think the oba of lagos is the best person to defend the history of the yorubas ?

Loser. You are inferior to Bini. Accept it and move on. Life goes on.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 27, 2010
omongbati3:

Loser. You are inferior to Bini. Accept it and move on. Life goes on.
let a bini man bring the challenge so we can use our common sense and not google like most people like you do.

mschew  angry angry angry
~Bluetooth:

If the binis acknowledged that Oranmiyan was sent to come and rule over

tongue tongue
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by omongbati3: 12:16am On Dec 27, 2010
''The source of Yoruba from Benin is very authentic. The statement from Ooni of Ife disputing the fact of Oba of Benin was not strong enough''- Kunle Sowunmi

http://allafrica.com/stories/200405200314.html

Edo man implies Yoruba is inferior to Bini

http://www.edo-nation.net/edoghimioya1.htm
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by TippyTop(m): 1:37am On Dec 27, 2010
What I want to know is why do we Edo's vote for Yoruba party? I can understand the sentiment with Awolowo, but Awo has died and we should follow the National party so we divide the national cake equitably. Even Yoruba states are PDP states. My people wake up and join winners and forget sentiments or be left behind. PDP may be the devil's party but the devil's party is the ruling party. If you can't beat them join them.

PS
The Omo n'Oba, is a direct descendant of Oranmiyan, what does this tell you? Who said Oduduwa is Yoruba?
People forget the Bini kingdom in its hey days had influence as far as the Republic of Benin (Formaly Dahomey)
Dahomey is not called the Republic of Benin for nothing.
I laugh in Bini.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 27, 2010
Tippy Top:

What I want to know is why do we Edo's vote for Yoruba party? I can understand the sentiment with Awolowo, but Awo has died and we should follow the National party so we divide the national cake equitably. Even Yoruba states are PDP states. My people wake up and join winners and forget sentiments or be left behind. PDP may be the devil's party but the devil's party is the ruling party. If you can't beat them join them.

PS
The Omo n'Oba, is a direct descendant of Oranmiyan, what does this tell you? Who said Oduduwa is Yoruba?
People forget the Bini kingdom in its hey days had influence as far as the Republic of Benin (Formaly Dahomey)
Dahomey is not called the Republic of Benin for nothing.
I laugh in Bini.

PEACE OUT!!!

Revisionist crap. Ghana is called Ghana despite having little or no connection with the old Ghana Empire, the same goes for Benin Republic.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by TippyTop(m): 2:42am On Dec 27, 2010
Aigbofa:

Revisionist crap. Ghana is called Ghana despite having little or no connection with the old Ghana Empire, the same goes for Benin Republic.

Okay its a coincidence Ghana is so called.
Phew! it coulda been called Malaysia.

PS
My friend come back when you have historical facts to buttress your point.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 27, 2010
Tippy Top:

Okay its a coincidence Ghana is so called.
Phew! it coulda been called Malaysia.

PS
My friend come back when you have historical facts to buttress your point.

You are damn right, it could have been called Malaysia or Fiji, or even Mongolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ghana

If you have a better explanation, please tell us before you peace out.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by honeric01(m): 3:15am On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^^

Your source is wikipedia? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 27, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^

Your source is wikipedia? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

And so?

I didn't write it. I am a Nigerian not a Ghanaian. I have absolutely not interest in why Ghana was named Ghana until he brought up the nonsense about Benin Republic.

Anyway, disprove the message not the messenger.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by TippyTop(m): 3:35am On Dec 27, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are damn right, it could have been called Malaysia or Fiji, or even Mongolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ghana

If you have a better explanation, please tell us before you peace out.

Did you read the article in your link? If you did you'd find the contradiction in your post.
This is the first sentence in your link.
"The Republic of Ghana is named after the medieval West African Ghana Empire".
Need I tell you the author of the above implies Ghana Empire  morphed into what is today the Republic of Ghana. Are you dumb?
I dey laugh!!!

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by honeric01(m): 3:39am On Dec 27, 2010
Aigbofa:

And so?

I didn't write it. I am a Nigerian not a Ghanaian. I have absolutely not interest in why Ghana was named Ghana until he brought up the nonsense about Benin Republic.

Anyway, disprove the message not the messenger.

Why post up a source you have no credibility for? Anyone can write anything on wiki without any idea of what he or she is writing, get my point now? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 27, 2010
Tippy Top:

Did you read the article in your link? If you did you'd find the contradiction in your post.
This is the first sentence in your link.
"The Republic of Ghana is named after the medieval West African Ghana Empire".
Need I tell you the author of the above implies Ghana Empire  morphed into what is today the Republic of Ghana.

PEACE OUT!!!

So you agree the connection between the old Ghana empire and modern Ghana is just as tenuous as the relationship between old Benin kingdom and present day Republic of Benin.

Why blow it out of proportion in the first place.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by TippyTop(m): 3:44am On Dec 27, 2010
Aigbofa:

So you agree the connection between the old Ghana empire and modern Ghana is just as tenuous as the relationship between old Benin kingdom and present day Republic of Benin.

Why blow it out of proportion in the first place.

Trying to wriggle out are we?
The least you could have done is read your own link. Lol!!!
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 27, 2010
honeric01:

Why post up a source you have no credibility for? Anyone can write anything on wiki without any idea of what he or she is writing,  get my point now? undecided undecided undecided

What you are trying to say is, can I vouch for the information I posted? Yes, because I know it's pretty much accurate.
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 27, 2010
Tippy Top:

Trying to wriggle out are we?
The least you could have done is read your own link. Lol!!!

The least you can do is to cut the crap and explain to us why Republic of Benin is named so!
LOL grin grin grin
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by honeric01(m): 3:53am On Dec 27, 2010
Aigbofa:

What you are trying to say is, can I vouch for the information I posted? Yes, because I know it's pretty much accurate.

shocked shocked shocked ok i hear you,  [size=3pt]not worth it[/size] sad grin
Re: Note For Binis (Edo): Oduduwa was a Bini prince turned fugitive by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 27, 2010
honeric01:

shocked shocked shocked ok i hear you,  [size=3pt]not worth it[/size] sad grin

Good tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? / Man Calls Woman ‘n***a’ Told Her To f*ck Off.Turns Out She's The HR... / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.