Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,913 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order (57621 Views)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / RCCG, CCC, Daystar, Others Comply With Endsars, Allows Protest In Church / Oyedepo Orders Sanwo-olu To Open Lagos Churches On Weekdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by driand(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2020
Something daddy freeze could not do in 10 years, coronavirus did in 1 week
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Kbs468(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:

This is what will kill this country, after closing churches and your Muslim neighbours brings it from the mosque an deposit in the house nko?

Laws must be made and enforced in unison.
Don't post out of ignorance Bro.

In case you don't know, ablution that involves washing of the body parts including hands, palms, feets, mouth, faces, head, nose, ear etc is usually being undertaken before every prayer session.

I'm sure, regular washing of hands is encouraged to guide against Corona virus isn't it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by 6digitscomrade: 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2020
Reality11:
The problem is even those that are complying and taking necessary precautions would still come and suffer the consequence if it spreads courtesy of some idiots.
ikpeazu for saying such childish things to an already degenerated society filled with illiterates and half baked graduates should be the first and last idiot to be announced as a COVIDIOT
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by bionixs: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Reality11:
The problem is even those that are complying and taking necessary precautions would still come and suffer the consequence if it spreads courtesy of some idiots.
Oga, if you adhere to all the instructions as you dey claim, those you called idiots that went to church won't infect you na. Just mind your lane, distance, wash your hands and all that. let those in church worry about themselves. Name calling is not necessary here.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by SLAP44: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Kbs468:

Don't post out of ignorance Bro.

In case you don't know, ablution that involves washing of the body parts including hands, palms, feets, mouth, faces, head, nose, ear etc is usually being undertaken before every prayer session.

I'm sure, regular washing of hands is encouraged to guide against Corona virus isn't it?
Who told you churches are not washing hands and using hand sanitizers now? You are the ignorant one.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by OBku4(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
The Presbyterian Church close to my house did their Mothering Sunday today.
Area full with cars. Canopies everywhere, Loud speakers here and there. I’m not sure these people are from Nigeria. Lol
Lolzz
Guy u be fool
Lolzz
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Tonyspecial(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
wow
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by bionixs: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
valboy20:
Churches over here in Enugu didn't comply with the directive, right now as I'm writing I could still hear different praise and worship songs blaring from different directions, which makes me wonder if most of us are okay in the head but just enjoy being foolish.

People that went to church today, what exactly was their aim? To pray to the God that created Corona, or the one that doesn't care and refused to do anything about it?

Make we try dey use our head: only we can save ourselves. The government are doing their own part, let's play ours by ensuring we avoid any large gatherings.
lame and dumb
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Franking: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
Corona virus has rubbished anointment oil and the blood of Jesus.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by naptu2: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:
And the directive wasn't obeyed on Friday prayers at mosques?

It was.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by bionixs: 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
mechanics:
The Bible says we are to obey constituted authority, but be that as it may, most of our local churches may not be up to 50, so members can worship there.
that is the only verse you know

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Studio247: 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
God will interven
This too shall pass

Run complete music promotion with results

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Reality11: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
valboy20:
Churches over here in Enugu didn't comply with the directive, right now as I'm writing I could still hear different praise and worship songs blaring from different directions, which makes me wonder if most of us are okay in the head but just enjoy being foolish.

People that went to church today, what exactly was their aim? To pray to the God that created Corona, or the one that doesn't care and refused to do anything about it?

Make we try dey use our head: only we can save ourselves. The government are doing their own part, let's play ours by ensuring we avoid any large gatherings.

To beg him, lol grin
And when it finally spreads in 9ja, they'll start waiting for the government to contain it. Which we don't have the prowess to.

And if scientist finally develop the drug or vaccine. My people would come out and say God did it.

So God is waiting till scientists develop the drug before he intervene
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by awa(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
The Presbyterian Church close to my house did their Mothering Sunday today.
Area full with cars. Canopies everywhere, Loud speakers here and there. I’m not sure these people are from Nigeria. Lol

Are you sure? Presbyterian Churches did their Mothering Sunday on the 8th of March oooo
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
Here in akwa ibom they behaved stupidly and still went to church. I wonder why scientists have to suffer because of 90% of theists and their ignorance.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Miracle1991: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:
religion bigot. Why didn't you travel to the Vatican City and worship there so that we will know that you are truly a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Osonddu: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
This is Rubbish,
Come to Abia State people are enjoying themselves, Churches are having fun, Markets are booming, because we are God's Own People

Corona Virus does not exist as far as Abia is concerned, it's only in Lagos State that CoronaVirus exist.

In Church service today, people were Hugging each other and Shaking hands with each other, that's to tell you that Corona virus is not meant for us.

If Corona virus is disturbing your State, just come to Abia State for refuge and protection, Shalom

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
drizslim:
A good christian is also a good citizen

Christ didn't die for you on cross to prove strong headed

This is where give unto Cesar's what is Cesar's

Wash ur hands, social distancing and in no time God will do the rest & take this menance away

If u believe SAY AMEN

If I yie u say u say Jesus die for u on the cross thunder go strike and surprise you.

If Jesus die for sin of the world including sin of Adam why there is sickness and poverty in the land?
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by mechanics(m): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
bionixs:
that is the only verse you know
I said that because most people will want to use the excuse of corona virus to not go to church.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by paul100(m): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
HundHunter:

Hosea 4:6 King James Version (KJV)

" My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge"

What does lacking knowledge mean.

Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training. Ignorant may mean knowing little or nothing, or it may mean uninformed about a particular subject: An ignorant person can be dangerous.
How do we lack knowledge.What does john6:54 says?
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Antoeni(m): 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Oyedepo Loocked Down his Church in AMERICA, And Then Defies FG Order In Nigeria what a Shame, This is the Height of Irresponsibility and it’s Satanic.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by uwemconcept: 3:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
The scriptures instruct christians to obey the law of the land.

We help people make safe and profitable real estate investment. We do this by helping you locate the right property.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by GermanMelania: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
Ridiculous! Why you shouldn’t trust the WHO and their advice, same with the NCDC. The same officials from the NCDC serve with the WHO, it’s a revolving door of bureaucratic incompetence. Typical: how do we know anyone is telling the truth? Keep in mind that Hitler and every other dictator arose to power on the coat tails of chaos and crisis. Who is to say one side or another will not use a severe epidemic to these ends down to individual governors and government officials? "Never let a good crisis go to waste" something is up.
This is the kind of thing that inspired Charles Darwin to embrace the theory of Natural Selection. If you want to weed out your garden, just put your hands in your pockets and watch.

The press has blown this out of proportion to create panic! When this is over and done with, Mark my words, the flu season of 2019 -2020 will look much worse!

Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.

Should we destroy the economy, shutter businesses, put a match to the world's wealth? Months of quarantine will do this and I don't think so.

Some People are easily manipulated! Once you give up your Rights and Civil Liberties for safety sake , you have given up all your freedom! The Government owns you. This is not what our ancestors fought and died for.

You are are definitely a russian troll or fbi. Put a match to the world's wealth. Where is thw wealth going to? Capitalism fry your brain. We choose to stay alive.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by ouigy99(m): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfObVZN8YQ

Yet another Religious gathering disrupted by law enforcement.

Why don't we ever abide to laws? When kasala burst now, them go begin beg for government intervention
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by drmikeadams(m): 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
paul100:
My church was very full today.Thousands came to church today rep. Salvation Ministries Gra Portharcourt Head quarters.We can't have corona virus when the blood of Jesus is in us.
grin grin grin keep deceiving us self
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by bumdel(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
Free Online Learning Platform As Schools Close In Nigeria

Apart from changing how we live, the coronavirus pandemic is also changing how we learn. Millions of Nigerian students will not be able to attend schools as from Monday following the Federal Government's announcement to close down primary schools, secondary schools and tertiary institutions in the country.

This closure could be blessing in disguise for students of tertiary institutions as Alison.com, a free online learning centre now offers free certification for interested persons in Nigeria and the world at large.

By implication, students and workers can upgrade their knowledge by enrolling free of charge for diploma in software design (coding), operations management, human resources, digital marketing, customer service management, foreign languages, IT, Finance and other courses that will make them more relevant in their chosen fields.

To partake of this free online school, visit alison.com to register.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by chachanga: 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
inumidun2010:
Here at living Faith Church, Ozubulu(Anambra State). Na d rice wey dem no serve for Mother's day celebration pain me pass..Service still sweet sha..

Jonzing guy grin grin grin

Living Faith dey serve food at all before?
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by drmikeadams(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
Reality11:

To beg him, lol grin
And when it finally spreads in 9ja, they'll start waiting for the government to contain it. Which we don't have the prowess to.

And if scientist finally develop the drug or vaccine. My people would come out and say God did it.

So God is waiting till scientists develop the drug before he intervene
grin grin grin ;Dhahahha God dey wait for scientists
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Justiceleague1: 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:

They are only against the Light.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Reality11: 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
bionixs:
Oga, if you adhere to all the instructions as you dey claim, those you called idiots that went to church won't infect you na. Just mind your lane, distance, wash your hands and all that. let those in church worry about themselves. Name calling is not necessary here.

If hundreds or thousands of people are dying by my side it would affect me psychologically.

Many innocent people would also die just because of the attitude of some.

So all those people that are contacting it aren't following abi?

If it gets hold of Nigeria and everything is on lockdown. Shops, banks... and other major necessary things we need to survive. in fact it would also affected the economy. So this won't affect me abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / Prophet Engages Women In Marathon Sex During Deliverance / Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.