Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order (57489 Views)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / RCCG, CCC, Daystar, Others Comply With Endsars, Allows Protest In Church / Oyedepo Orders Sanwo-olu To Open Lagos Churches On Weekdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Izongdave(m): 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
It's their fate, if they'll die upholding it, then let it be so, and the last time I check it was their constitutional right
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
The Presbyterian Church close to my house did their Mothering Sunday today.
Area full with cars. Canopies everywhere, Loud speakers here and there. I’m not sure these people are from Nigeria. Lol

Just be careful. The chances of transmission gets higher in su h environment. I just hope this gatherings won't trigger what we can't handle.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by deltateam: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2020
fortune1894:
When they start dieing now everybody will start shouting BUHARI
Obedience is better than sacrifice

The Lagos and Abuja airports are still importing Corona virus.

Besides will buses, taxis and Kekes apply social distancing?
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by nwosu1982: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
Pastors must eat offering
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Hahjascho(m): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2020
So @Op, do you expect the Churches to be filled? when a circular has been already been made... how e take be news nh
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by SavageResponse(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2020
Offerings will be very low today
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by asamaigho(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
mechanics:
The Bible says we are to obey constituted authority, but be that as it may, most of our local churches may not be up to 50, so members can worship there.

I hope this corona virus thing doesnt have an agenda against the church, cos the way people carry church matta for head like say na church originate d virus is amazing.
friday just past we didnt see any new about mosque attendance oo, or is because christains are tolerant?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Dollabiz: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
And pastors will fast all nights to make them come again no tithe no offering no church
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Chicastle: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:
And the directive wasn't obeyed on Friday prayers at mosques?

Those ones have their own problems before so this Covid19 is just a waste of time to them let we in the south south take a good control measure
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Chicastle: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Froshloaded:
Na Wetin go kill man
Go kill man
Yes but not this coro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by back2sender: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mowoe:
All these churches that still held services as usual I wonder what God they're serving, if they cannot obey authorities.
Or do they only preach about obedience when it's in their favor? Religious and Ungodly folks.
When we say churches and other religious institutions are the problem of this country some people will go Para.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Udstar(m): 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
valboy20:
Churches over here in Enugu didn't comply with the directive, right now as I'm writing I could still hear different praise and worship songs blaring from different directions, which makes me wonder if most of us are okay in the head but just enjoy being foolish.

People that went to church today, what exactly was their aim? To pray to the God that created Corona, or the one that doesn't care and refused to do anything about it?

Make we try dey use our head: only we can save ourselves. The government are doing their own part, let's play ours by ensuring we avoid any large gatherings.

Everybody is free to believe in whatsoever they want to believe, it's none of your business.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by WeRblessed(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
fortune1894:
When they start dieing now everybody will start shouting BUHARI
Obedience is better than sacrifice

Dying not dieing
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by ofiko123(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
Whatever makes men good Christians also makes men good citizens..So it is good that they follow the directive of the federal government....
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Kolping: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJM-67-WzIw&feature=youtu.be&t=s

Yenefer:
Ridiculous! Why you shouldn’t trust the WHO and their advice, same with the NCDC. The same officials from the NCDC serve with the WHO, it’s a revolving door of bureaucratic incompetence. Typical: how do we know anyone is telling the truth? Keep in mind that Hitler and every other dictator arose to power on the coat tails of chaos and crisis. Who is to say one side or another will not use a severe epidemic to these ends down to individual governors and government officials? "Never let a good crisis go to waste" something is up.
This is the kind of thing that inspired Charles Darwin to embrace the theory of Natural Selection. If you want to weed out your garden, just put your hands in your pockets and watch.

The press has blown this out of proportion to create panic! When this is over and done with, Mark my words, the flu season of 2019 -2020 will look much worse!

Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.

Should we destroy the economy, shutter businesses, put a match to the world's wealth? Months of quarantine will do this and I don't think so.

Some People are easily manipulated! Once you give up your Rights and Civil Liberties for safety sake , you have given up all your freedom! The Government owns you. This is not what our ancestors fought and died for.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by RALPHOW(m): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
Are the Mosques empty during Jumat services on Friday?
No single Mosque (Even National Mosque) compiled with the directive in the North and no media says anything.
What is the essence of staying away from Church when you will meet Muslims that observed Jumat Service at work on Monday.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/jumat-prayer-will-hold-at-national-mosque-despite-coronavirus-fears.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by amiibaby(f): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mhmmmmm
Kbs468:

Lol grin

Hmmmmn

I just found myself laughing upon seeing your post above

Lol

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by foreshore(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
lalasticlala:
Empty seats were seen in some churches in Lagos as they comply with FG's directives of social distancing aimed at curtailing the spread of the coronavirus.

A Channels TV reporter visited some churches that complied with FG order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcJBu9Ymld8

What was it like in your church today?

Opportunity for those that don't naturally like going to Church
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by valboy20(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
Udstar:

Everybody is free to believe in whatsoever they want to believe, it's none of your business.

Your belief is nobody's business provided you keep it to yourself under your roof, but becomes everyone's problem when it poses a risk to people.

Make you dey use your head.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by ihedioramma: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
Froshloaded:
Na Wetin go kill man Go kill man
If man do any how, wetin go kill woman go kill am .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by kponkedenge(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
The Presbyterian Church close to my house did their Mothering Sunday today.
Area full with cars. Canopies everywhere, Loud speakers here and there. I’m not sure these people are from Nigeria. Lol
Which branch is that? Cos my own Presbyterian Church here in Lagos was shut down.... I watched the sermon through live streaming.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by shogsman(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
Ridiculous! Why you shouldn’t trust the WHO and their advice, same with the NCDC. The same officials from the NCDC serve with the WHO, it’s a revolving door of bureaucratic incompetence. Typical: how do we know anyone is telling the truth? Keep in mind that Hitler and every other dictator arose to power on the coat tails of chaos and crisis. Who is to say one side or another will not use a severe epidemic to these ends down to individual governors and government officials? "Never let a good crisis go to waste" something is up.
This is the kind of thing that inspired Charles Darwin to embrace the theory of Natural Selection. If you want to weed out your garden, just put your hands in your pockets and watch.

The press has blown this out of proportion to create panic! When this is over and done with, Mark my words, the flu season of 2019 -2020 will look much worse!

Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.

Should we destroy the economy, shutter businesses, put a match to the world's wealth? Months of quarantine will do this and I don't think so.

Some People are easily manipulated! Once you give up your Rights and Civil Liberties for safety sake , you have given up all your freedom! The Government owns you. This is not what our ancestors fought and died for.
You're one of the dumbest person I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by mechanics(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
asamaigho:

I hope this corona virus thing doesnt have an agenda against the church, cos the way people carry church matta for head like say na church originate d virus is amazing.
friday just past we didnt see any new about mosque attendance oo, or is because christains are tolerant?
It's well, God won't allow it to happen.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by shogsman(m): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
paul100:
My church was very full today.Thousands came to church today rep. Salvation Ministries Gra Portharcourt Head quarters.We can't have corona virus when the blood of Jesus is in us.
How can an educated human being talk like this

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Kbs468(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:

Who told you churches are not washing hands and using hand sanitizers now? You are the ignorant one.
And that of the Churches is at least 5 times a day too even before now? Or only on Sundays?

Like I said don't post out of ignorance Bro.

Apart from the Iranian Muslims, Tell me the worst hit religious group now going by the affected countries of the world already
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by frog12: 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
these pastors and churches are hypocrites !!!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Dr7Manhattan: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:

But things like this can backfire you know. As they are chasing churches, then can be mass infecting themselves.

True
I agree
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by frog12: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
how come that south korean pastor no fit pray to god to stop the virus immediately hypocrites!!!
how come that south korean pastor no fit pray to god to stop the virus immediately hypocrites!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by mu2sa2: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
SLAP44:
And the directive wasn't obeyed on Friday prayers at mosques?
Hahaha, so you can't think for yourself. Supposing some mosques did flout the order, you will stupidly copy them and expose yourself to possible danger.
Re: Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order by Kpalobi(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
original post before modifications. Everyone is rushing to get their dopamine fix. If u think this is not an addiction think again

Yenefer how is the Witcher¿

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question: Who Owns The rooster That Crowed After Peter Denied Jesus? / RCCG Is A Christian Wing Of APC - ChimeX / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.