Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (67490 Views)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Reference(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
makydebbie:
24 and you're fussed about marriage like this? 24!

You no get goals or ambitions?
You act too desperate for a 24 year old.

Noticed that too. Unfortunately housewife is the only vocation in marraige that comes that early. And since she maybe pregnant already I can definetely see at least half a dozen children and a complete waste of a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by klax(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
And are 24 years Pls I guess uou don't need prophet or soothsayer to tell what is about to befall you. Young lady sit back and personal discussion with yourself at your own quiet time then you will get answer to your concern.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by jayson87: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

grin

men have plenty cunning senses when it comes to getting to the promise land. grin

na probably might be right here.

I hail u, bro.
As in eeehhnn, one guy will buy 2k diamond ring give a girl , she go dey snap all over social media saying she is engaged this and that , yet 6months down the line no marriage. Within that six months baba don build banana island for promise Land. He will go without, oral, everything in the promised Land. The mumu girl go still they flaunt ring and be peppering her fellow mumu girls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
24kmagic:

She said her period is two days late, meaning she's suspecting that she's pregnant
There's nothing wrong with being 2 days late or even up to a week. It could mean a change of circle or hormonal imbalance. If she's suspecting she's pregnant let her do a pregnancy test.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
���correct
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by yak(m): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I hope you'll learn to see that he's really not into you like that. A man who hasn't made plans to leave and cleave definitely has no business getting married. That he is 31 doesn't mean he's ready. You cook and tend to his family whenever you are around them, right? You'll do worse when you get married. You'll become head chef and senior nanny to his siblings and aging Grandmother.

Have a serious discussion with him, tell him to give you a time, set your own time too since you're the one whom the shoes hurts. If he still shows signs of unseriousness and unwillingness, then I see no reason why you shouldn't start extending your search outside. This is your future. Don't ruin it. The partner you marry is liable to make or mar you.

In the end, it's all your brunt to bear. Choose wisely now to avoid coming to the front page of Nairaland tomorrow seeking for marital advice.

Ladies, even if you date a douchebag, please endeavor not to marry that douchebag. Please, see it as an importance to marry a man that has sense. You're Queens and Queens do not eat debris nor settle for less. kiss

Thread wisely and carefully. smiley

there's nothing to discuss here. if she's comfortable being a nanny n house-help, then talk to him about marriage.

I think the handwriting is clear for her to understand.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mutemenot:
Young woman, complaining about his siblings and co is one major mistake you want to put yourself into. This is a family that do things together, lives together and plan together. So don't even try to put asunder cos you won't succeed. If you aren't comfortable with such united family, please go your way now. He may be delaying the union cos of your mood towards his family. The earlier you disengage yourself, the better for you

Which nonsense united family?

Make she go dey live there with five children and grandma. For 3bedroom flat. Nonsense.

My sister run, speaking from experience ladies dont ever marry any man whose siblings are dependent on. They would go every length to break ur home just because he is their ATM.

14 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
Osmomoh:
1. From your statement, you failed to impressed the family you intend marrying into because they live together. This can be the only reason why he refused to go further.

2. If after what you have observed you still went ahead having unprotected sex with him, you must bear the consequences.

Sit down and discuss in realities and frankly, if he is still interested let him tell you.

I don't completely agree with your number 1.

a man who's prepared to marry should be independently living on his own.
if he still finds himself within the family circle, he should get an apartment and start his own family without having to be surrounded by his family members.

a man must have his own family.

4 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kushme: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

He moved out once, but they came visiting and saw there were vacant rooms, before we knew what was happening, they'd moved IN with him fully cause the former house rent expired, now, he thinks I'm trying to separate him from his family.

cheesy. Yea, the act of a thief and a selfish bastard. That's exactly what you are trying to achieve.. So, because you think you've got a pussi to give, then you should be the only one in his house and life ? Damn it pussi... Stupid female orientation.. Wicked girl..
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by selemo: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
Amanee:
When he's supposed to tell you exactly when the wedding is taking place as he's giving you the ring...

Some girls una too mumu

For your mind now you're engaged. You better go on your knees and pray to whatever you believe in that you're not pregnant so you can easily throw away that chain and walk away.
Even she is pregnant she can still abort it...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SocialJustice: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

Thanks.
My goodness, are you an orphan?

Are your parents aware you're in such a rubbish relationship?

Do you want to waste away your prime before you have sense?

Please give him his ring back and leave. How can you even accept engagement from a man that is the sole breadwinner of his family and lives in the same accommodation with them?

You better grow sense and leave that guy before you marry into slavery. Husbands are scarce but it is not enough to accept such a despicable relationship.

Please leave and never return. Should you ask him to send them out, then you will be starting a war that will definitely destroy you.

Hian! Musa will finally resign after seeing your matter.

11 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Amanee(f): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
selemo:
Even she is pregnant she can still abort it...

I don't advise abortion
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by sweetsell: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Tell him your period is late, if he shows no sign of moving to the next stage which is intro or marriage abort the pregnancy if you have any.

Keep his ring at home in case hin head correct b4 u meet another credible suitor. When I mean correct I don't mean when he is ready to fucq u again but when he's ready to move to the next stage which is marriage.

HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he jus kisst proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Lord of the rings. grin

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Mutemenot(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ohemababy:

Which nonsense united family?

Make she go dey live there with five children and grandma. For 3bedroom flat. Nonsense.

My sister run, speaking from experiences ladies dont ever marry any man whose siblings are dependent on. They would go every length to break ur home just because he is their ATM.

That's why she should disengage Herself. Some families are like that, you can't separate them simple .....
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
if pregnant abort and move on. this is a disaster waiting to happen

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by selemo: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
dangotesmummy:
You remind me of the proverbial Yoruba addage about a man who doesn't want to move or work but wouldn't allow others to move or work and when those that are ready to work says he should leave the road for them,he will say no,I am not ready to work therefore nobody else should work

Does my little folklore teach you something? wink

The elders will say aboro lonsofun omoluabi,tobadeinu e, ADI odindin
This means A DOG IN THE MANGER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Louisboy22(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
some times i wonder how some ladies think so because of u he should send his brothers and grandma packing just to make you happy so tell me apart from sex what else do you offer the boy that will make him send his family away?

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by mruwaifo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
First of all you need the distance for the sKe of your health at this time. Also consider the present as a preview of the future . His family will be in his life forever . So it's a no brainer .

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SocialJustice: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Amanee:

I don't advise abortion
She should abort and leave please. I also don't support abortion but this case is too extreme. She's too young for the kind of life keeping a baby from this relationship will drag her into.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Tintedglass: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

Thank you for the contribution, I accepted his ring because I thought he was going to "change" and perhaps, start living on his own, obviously, he doesn't look like he's moving anywhere, he has chased off other eligible suitors off me.

How has he chased them off you are only 24, there is still time.... You can leave him and start a whole new relationship with someone who considers your feelings and plans a future carrying you along...

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Amanee(f): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
SocialJustice:
She should abort and leave please. I also don't support abortion but this case is too extreme. She's too young for the kind of life keeping a baby from this relationship will drag her into.

Its quite sad really
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:

In addition to chef and nanny, she would also be housekeeper, dishwasher, errand girl and mai ruwa (in case there's no running water there). How can a young girl open her eyes and jump into a relationship with a man with this kind of family baggage on his shoulder? Even if he eventually marries her and moves away from that family house, his siblings will still continue to pile up demands on him and if he's unable meet the demands, she will be blamed and resented.

She's lucky she's got age on her side, unfortunately she may have gotten pregnant. If I were her, I'd pawn off that ring to those aboki gold buyers in Yaba market and flee from marrying into such family.

I hope she learns this sooner than later. Sadly, most of them never learn. Love is blind, they say.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Tintedglass: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Louisboy22:
some times i wonder how some ladies think so because of u he should send his brothers and grandma packing just to make you happy so tell me apart from sex what else do you offer the boy that will make him send his family away?

You believe sex is the only contribution a woman brings to marriage?? Are you being serious

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Misscongenialit: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

Sweetie you are just 24� you re too young to be used as a help and subjected to a man's whims and caprices. FYI nothing you see today about him and his family and how u re treated will change when u marry him. Im telling u from experience

Please stop allowing yourself to be used to pass time till u age and become desperado

Take a break, get busy , go and study or work. Stop going to that house to do wifely duties wen u re not one yet.

If he needs to see u, let him come and meet u. If he cant you too cannot. Negotiate on ur terms cos if u fall mugu ,haaa.. u will come nd create another profile 5 years later unmarried

This will be a test of love, leave and see if he will look for u

7 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by leTrizzle: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

He moved out once, but they came visiting and saw there were vacant rooms, before we knew what was happening, they'd moved IN with him fully cause the former house rent expired, now, he thinks I'm trying to separate him from his family.
If he has that mentality then he either isn't ready to settle down or wants someone that would accept "the full package".
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Spartacus01: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
U started dating him from 5 years ago when you were 19 years old, now you are 24. What more are you waiting for? Till when you are 42?

*What are your family's opinions regarding your relationship? I'm sure some of them would have reservations about it.

*A family as united as your fiance's own wouldn't appreciate any interference from any so called wife.

*God forbid that anything bad happens to that man, just remember that all the blame is yours and yours alone.

*Don't forget that in the future, your kids can't inherit anything as long as that family uphold their close knitted culture and traditions.

*You are free to do as you please but all I can say is release yourself from this bondage you call a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
BLEMOSEDU:

Funny enough you can see how her fellow women are supporting her like seriously,
Because she is wearing ring, the young man should throw away his family to marry her so that she will make life miserable for him.
I avoid such women, women that want to take the place of your family. I remember one period I sent 120k to my dad and 50k to my mom, when my girl found out she said to me, so you sent your parents money without telling me? I warned her seriously never to question me over what I give my parents ever or I'm walking away period! When I decide to rent an apartment after relocating from PH. She specifically told me to rent it far away from my family but to her greatest surprise it was just 200 naira transport away. She made noise about it but I wasn't moved. I visit my family like 3 times a week. She has come to terms with that, if a woman you plan to marry wants you to take her first before your own blood, then that women is a danger to your peace and will scatter your home. What this lady should do is talk with him and find out his reasons. He hasn't said anything about marriage have you asked him?you don't want to ask him so you won't seem desperate, but you're here acting like your life depends on it! For those supporting her, kudos!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
I did this to my woman before marriage by engaging her for a year...it was not as if i wasn't ready or family issues but because financially I was below average then. I did the engagement with hope of improve income then but it didn't work....she woke me up one early morning n we had a deep talk...I open up n we work out a plan about the whole thing n with her support, ideas n encouragement we blossom and did our wedding within 6 weeks. ..we succed cos I was ready n took her advice
now over to you, ask him to open up n tell you what is wrong...ask him to tell you your stand n pls listen well.....is he ready or not? why the delay since engagement?what is his plans n how is he going about it? from all this you can knw if you really fit in or his main priority is just is family and siblings....
Seek God presence, perhaps you will find more answers there..cheers!

4 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by mashad(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Do you want him to send his siblings out for you?you want to cook for him alone and not his family..you also want him to channel his resources to you alone...my dear, you are not ready for marriage

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
makydebbie:
24 and you're fussed about marriage like this? 24!

You no get goals or ambitions?
You act too desperate for a 24 year old.

How's she too desperate? You think every lady out there wants to turn to an evening newspaper before they finally settle down? undecided

Do you even know if she has her goals and ambitions set out and achieving them already? I see no reason why a girl shouldn't settle down at that age as long as she brings something beneficial to the table.

And yes, she should act desperate because her future is on the line. The decision she takes right now is liable to make or mar her. Many 24 year olds and even younger are getting married. If you like, wait till 38 before you settle down, na your own be that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.