Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (67561 Views)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kizzoh(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I hope you'll learn to see that he's really not into you like that. A man who hasn't made plans to leave and cleave definitely has no business getting married. That he is 31 doesn't mean he's ready. You cook and tend to his family whenever you are around them, right? You'll do worse when you get married. You'll become head chef and senior nanny to his siblings and aging Grandmother.
Singles with advice...lol
Have a serious discussion with him, tell him to give you a time, set your own time too since you're the one whom the shoes hurts. If he still shows signs of unseriousness and unwillingness, then I see no reason why you shouldn't start extending your search outside. This is your future. Don't ruin it. The partner you marry is liable to make or mar you.

In the end, it's all your brunt to bear. Choose wisely now to avoid coming to the front page of Nairaland tomorrow seeking for marital advice.

Ladies, even if you date a douchebag, please endeavor not to marry that douchebag. Please, see it as an importance to marry a man that has sense. You're Queens and Queens do not eat debris nor settle for less. kiss

Thread wisely and carefully. smiley

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Briller: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:

In addition to chef and nanny, she would also be housekeeper, dishwasher, errand girl and mai ruwa (in case there's no running water there). How can a young girl open her eyes and jump into a relationship with a man with this kind of family baggage on his shoulder? Even if he eventually marries her and moves away from that family house, his siblings will still continue to pile up demands on him and if he's unable meet the demands, she will be blamed and resented.

She's lucky she's got age on her side, unfortunately she may have gotten pregnant. If I were her, I'd pawn off that ring to those aboki gold buyers in Yaba market and flee from marrying into such family.

True talk. I am experiencing something similar, though in my own case, no relative of his was staying with him when we got married, but he practically is their Vault. Long story short, ten years down the line, it didn't get any better but worsened. And guess what, my own needs and children's needs have never been his calls.

My point exactly, ruuuuunnnnn. It will only get worse by the time you marry him cause two things are likely to play out - either he ignores you (as it turned out in my case) or you make unnecessary enemies cause he doesn't meet their demands. I truly wish you are not pregnant already.

A stitch in time saves nine.

9 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
nextstep:

But if you open your eye and see that there is a community already, and you still join as adjunct faculty... don't complain when - through your own actions - join as permanent staff.
Na d Op sabi
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Capablejaybee: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
did you have unprotected sex?
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by remele2(f): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Na ur type dey pursue family pple comot....

Those same pple wen u want out, na same pple
Wen go ginger dem brother to make sure say he marry you.

Do that mistake of telling him u dnt want the younger once around and see how he will collect that ring.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nnemuka(f): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
lol
This story is funny
Young girls desperately want to settle grin grin
I believe your desperation led him to engage you so he can rest for a while.
I think the next step is to make you his baby mama.

Dont go and look for work

7 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by pajudah007(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
hmmm... Babe you'll have to talk with him o. In your best moods and in the most polite way, ask him what his plans are for the both of you and let him know your concerns too. I understand how frustrating it can be with everyone around and the feeling of time passing by but you still have to respect the relationship he has with his folks and that's why I suggest you talk about it with him in the most polite manner.

Before you do this, try and activate your understanding mood o, your understanding might just be all he needs
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by iampeterben(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
This one don carry belle. sad
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by ehisdouglas(m): 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Please you both can discuss this issue and make a good resolutions out of it.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kingsleybrave(m): 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

[b]This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom [/b]flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
E never marry you you Don dey decide who to stay and who not stay ......na wa o
How come you're missing your period ....I tut you said you're not comfortable visiting the house due to crowd ? This your storey get K leg o...... Am pretty sure both of are age mate from the look of age differences .....cos I pretty sure you reduced your age.......what have you achieved so far .....at least he is the catering for his nuclear family......ok ....I seeee... You want him to divert all his attention and responsibilities to you abi?
If am that guy eh I won't consider you as a wife ...... because from the look of things you will definitely add to that Young man's problem.....you better go and flush that thing of your stomach (that is if you're telling the truth o)and be useful to your self and you husband-to-be....you think any man is ready to marry a liability?

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by FanOfMyself: 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Boo hoo.. The whinging of an[b] obsessive compulsive liar[/b]... cheesy

You seem to forget you already arranged the chance to come across a man like me...
Now I'm quite thankful I had more important places to be that day, and postpone it.

Knowing what I know now about you, it would have been a total regret and waste of my time.
Bro, many NL females are really desperate oo. Forget all these their blabbing and what have you. If you see they way e dey hungry dem to tie man pikin down eh, na mad oo.
I'm kinda curious to know more about this stuff you put up here.
Going by the way she replied, I'm pretty sure you are not lying!

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Stillthebest: 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
kiss

He will turn you to evening newspaper. Some men are just time wasters and their own time wasters as well.

There is no one who had a late marriage and nevrr regretted it at one point or the other.

Talk to him about it, if he doesn't yield you had better quit.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by nuele(m): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
The family are d insensitive gum body type. They'd probably attach to him if he moves again like leeches

Na survival strategy o lol.

I think the guy and the lady need to agree on a plan. He has to settle matter. He can even rent them another place.

But he shouldn't dispose them off to nowhere.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by airminem(f): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
@ HelloHolla, sit him down and have a conversation with him concerning his vision with both of you. You must be from Ogun state i believe.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by wany(f): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
Women really do you strong thing ooooh from your past life to the present,for you to be this bitter with them sad undecided

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Chidonc(m): 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
You can't advice an intending wife to have this kind of mentality.

Its dangerous... The man has the wheels. Let him steer at will.
No brother, let the siblings start taking care of themselves. Things are hard but we also need to give each other space to grow.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
undecided
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by gulfer: 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
Pure nothing but the,'Lord of the Rings' grin grin grin
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by bisi16(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
The ring is just to lock u down for house help things. Call it quits.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by DCmonster: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I hope you'll learn to see that he's really not into you like that. A man who hasn't made plans to leave and cleave definitely has no business getting married. That he is 31 doesn't mean he's ready. You cook and tend to his family whenever you are around them, right? You'll do worse when you get married. You'll become head chef and senior nanny to his siblings and aging Grandmother.

Have a serious discussion with him, tell him to give you a time, set your own time too since you're the one whom the shoes hurts. If he still shows signs of unseriousness and unwillingness, then I see no reason why you shouldn't start extending your search outside. This is your future. Don't ruin it. The partner you marry is liable to make or mar you.

In the end, it's all your brunt to bear. Choose wisely now to avoid coming to the front page of Nairaland tomorrow seeking for marital advice.

Ladies, even if you date a douchebag, please endeavor not to marry that douchebag. Please, see it as an importance to marry a man that has sense. You're Queens and Queens do not eat debris nor settle for less. kiss

Thread wisely and carefully. smiley

Spot on, evening newspaper! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Dinho20(m): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
HMMMM
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
makydebbie:
24 and you're fussed about marriage like this? 24!

You no get goals or ambitions?
You act too desperate for a 24 year old.

There's nothing desperate about a 24 year old who wishes to settle down. Is it better to be f*cking or jumping from one relationship to the other until she's 30? Everyone's got their priorities and how they've planned their lives. It may not be as you've planned yours, but in this very case, you're in no place to criticise.

Goals and ambitions? What's to say she's not already living out her goals?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by airminem(f): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Boo hoo.. The whinging of an obsessive compulsive liar... cheesy

You seem to forget you already arranged the chance to come across a man like me...
Now I'm quite thankful I had more important places to be that day, and postpone it.

Knowing what I know now about you, it would have been a total regret and waste of my time.
Damnnn niggarrr...wink this is sooo COLD!
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by elonize(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
My dear I've never heard of a case like dis n girl wins...d attachment to d family,grandma,or mum...e dey hard ooo.e doesn't wana leave his family... So its not a win situation
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by arthorjnr(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

The ilks who liked your post are obviously your flocks. I see how much they've influenced you since you've dated quality women.

I don't have anything to say to you, but I'll rather just hope that I never come across men like you in my life. smiley

You're a total waste of time.

You know, I now understand that most of the female folk are perpetually dumb.

Because I don't see anything wrong with what the dude above said.

All females care about is marriage.
Heck, if the Op had a career or has career plans, I don't think there will be an issue.
A little chat and financial support from her, they move into another apartment!!

But no, she has no career or career plans. Which is why she's here wailing over a guy working real to keep his bloodline afloat.
Well if she's desperate, she should leave him and wait for someone that is supposedly better.

Females!!!
Damn!!!

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
If after all you've seen you still choose to stay with him and keep opening legs for him, what's my own self?
**whistles away**

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by FanOfMyself: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
mix alabukun in sprite and drink, so as to stop his seed from taking root. Don't, if you wanna continue such life. But better don't come here complaining when shit hit d fan. You still got time to make things right.
You're a murderer!!! God will judge you!!!
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by stanisbaratheon: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Aunty give him back his ring and come be with me. I dey find wife urgently.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
Once engaged both of you should immediately agree on the earliest possible date for the wedding. If he cannot agree to an early enough date for your liking, you can give him a 1 month ultimatum to reconsider and compromise after which time you can break off the engagement.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by FanOfMyself: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ladycewhy:
na to slap you dey hungry me . This girl you well so? So you are seeing fire with your krokro eyes you want to jump inside .

RUN ! What did I say ? RUN!

Now as for the pregnancy suspicion , go and boil blended ginger for 10 mins and add teem soda drink .
Are you a harlot?
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
UBGGA:
You're just 24!

Read. Travel. Build a career. Start a company.

Girl, live first, really live, before thinking marriage.

Did you start a company at 24? And I don't mean a hair vendor kinda company.

Married people don't read and travel and build careers? A 24-year old damn well knows what's good for her. She didn't ask you for advice as to whether or not she should get married.

It's nauseating when y'all act like you know better what's best for the next person. What do you know about her life to think that your advice is necessary? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SomehowBROWN(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
U have to be able to talk to him in a way that doesnt make u look like an enemy of the family, 4yrs and 1yr of engagement is enough for u to want to know your fate, and your feelings are very valid ones, but u need a very simple n understanding way to approach this, cuz family issues like this can be toxic on a new marriage, u may have to just walk away for sanity sake so u dont b the bad person. If its already making u unhappy now it would b worse later.
HelloHolla:

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) / I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.