Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (67562 Views)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Commander0: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
Engagement ring is just like subscription for free browsing. If your not aware, you should know.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
jayson87:
As in eeehhnn, one guy will buy 2k diamond ring give a girl , she go dey snap all over social media saying she is engaged this and that , yet 6months down the line no marriage. Within that six months baba don build banana island for promise Land. He will go without, oral, everything in the promised Land. The mumu girl go still they flaunt ring and be peppering her fellow mumu girls

funny enough, I think some girls are aware of these tricks. I think those girls have been there before. cos I have heard some girls talk about this using engagement rings to tie them down while the men go around fvcking different pussies, whearas the women could not do that cos they already have the rings on and definitely women can't risk it with rings on.

but anything that would give free access to the Paradise cheesy men gat the senses.

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by oluwaleinad(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
so @24 the only thing going though your head is getting married and enjoy premium knacking back -back.anyways it's your choice sha.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
Paxie55:
You are still very young for this nonsense.

Blame it on the people who refer to them as evening newspaper if they don't marry young.

9 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Louisananda7(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
baba dats too harsh, she has a point.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by nuele(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Everyone wants a nuclear family not community one with no privacy

But wisdom calls here because offending them won't be a good one either.

Sure, he needs to rent another place. But he shouldn't expel them. Better avoid trouble. You and I know how things can go if he goes with a commando or gentle eviction style.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by mirabel9(f): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
The best way is to gently talk to him about it
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by bluefilm: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
So he should quit his family just like because of you abi?

Selfishness shall not kill you.

Say amen.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by nextstep(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
OP, first of all congrats, and I pray that it will end up in joy for you.

First, I'm sure you knew of his situation in the earlier days of dating, so that should be irrelevant now. As in, you saw that his family is staying with him and that he's responsible for them all... why would marrying change that? Did you think they all suddenly start working and get their own place? Reason it from his point of view and take that as part of the deluxe package you got.

Second, if this was a concern, did you two talk about it earlier, before or soon after engagement? What's wrong with living with your husband's relatives? Many many people have done it and it didn't kill them. Sure it's stressful and you're going to have to play politics and tread carefully, but it's not the end of the world. On the flip side, you could have started out just two of you in the same house, then his family comes after you married. Eventually people will move out as their economics improve (or the fights get too much grin ), so it's not forever.

Third, tell him - once you're totally sure (two days late is not enough time to be sure), that you're pregnant so he can start planning. Nobody knows what he will decide to do, but the longer you delay, the worse the outcome, in my opinion.

Fourth, are you working (as in, you're not a student)
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Taiwo20(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
Let's stop seeing marriage as an achievement because it's more or less a scam.

You might not get to live you dream....make up your mind before getting married.

Call the man and discuss face to face.

No go because of shyness catch disease...na Yoruba people talk so.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Lexusgs430: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

He turned your finger to Lord of the rings.........

How can he propose marriage, with all the family financial weight?

He has no money left, to start his own family...... Now that it seems you're pregnant, why would he buy the cow, when the milk and kpomo is free........ What more would he get after marriage, that he is not getting now?.....
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by nextstep(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Everyone wants a nuclear family not community one with no privacy

But if you open your eye and see that there is a community already, and you still join as adjunct faculty... don't complain when - through your own actions - join as permanent staff.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kingsleybrave(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
You guys are missing something here o......just the way we have football-age
Na so girls get relationship-age ooo
That 24 could mean 28 o
I am talking from experience.....if that girl is truly 24 she won't be pressured.......
The first lie a girl will tell u is there A G E
Always add 4 to anything they tell you is there AGE..... especially when they are graduates or working class .....

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by OChimex: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

Answer these questions sincerely. Then if they are positive, move to have a heart to heart talk with your man Inna very private place outside the home.

Do you love him?

Does he love you?

Do you find him to be a good man that will make a good husband and father?

If your answers to those questions are positive, then move to the next level below -

Tell him how much you love him and how proud you are of him taking care of responsibilities. Congratulate him so much and remind him how men like him are rare.

Ask him his plans for his siblings, how he intends setting them up to be on their own.

Ask him about what plans he has for himself, because he won't continue to cater for grown men and women.

From what he said you will the deduce if you want to stay with him or move on with your life.

If he states how he is about setting his siblings up to leave him alone and how he is planing to start up a family.

If the time frame for all these plans are okay for you, then stay. If not, you can gently tell him why you can't wait.

Again be careful not to get pregnant for him.

Good luck to you madam.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Semaj77(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Boo hoo.. The whinging of an obsessive compulsive liar... cheesy

You seem to forget you already arranged the chance to come across a man like me...
Now I'm quite thankful I had more important places to be that day, and postpone it.

Knowing what I know now about you, it would have been a total regret and waste of my time.

Both of you should just get a room and leave this thread for others. It's obvious if both of you meet tonight una go knack una self
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by shammahyaro(f): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
Don't listen to anyone saying you should break up oh Anty. Just ask him about it. You should be able to talk to your boyfriend of 5years now.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kaymical(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

No surprises here. Just like he is, is the way you are. I wonder who dates you people.

Bunch of walking, imbecilic narcissists.
like seriously that's just the truth, if you are in the said guy's shoe(which I know you will reject), what are you going to do? But they are both at fault....if you know you are not ready why proposing, and if it seems things are getting late(for the lady) let him know your mind and quit.....time wait for no man
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Chidonc:

No, don't judge her that way. Why should two of her boyfriend siblings be dependent on him and still have live in lovers, it makes no sense to me. I can't accommodate you then you bring your girl friend along. Besides she said he had given them money to start up their lives but instead squanders it on video games probably betting. The only siblings I can take care of are those in University I pay there fees and rent, apart from that, you are strictly on your own. You can never grow big if responsibility outweigh income.
You can't advice an intending wife to have this kind of mentality.

Its dangerous... The man has the wheels. Let him steer at will.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by jayson87: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

funny enough, I think some girls are aware of these tricks. I think those girls have been there before. cos I have heard some girls talk about this using engagement rings to tie them down while the men goes around fvcking different pussies, whearas the women could not do that cos they already have the rings on and definitely women can't risk it with rings on.

but anything that would give free access to the Paradise cheesy men gat the senses.

grin
your comments are spot on. 2 bottles of beer for you, on me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by WINDSOW(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
In Akon's voice: Keep on wearing.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Guynexttdoor: 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
Dont really knw what is wrong with some women these days, ur 24 and ure nt thinking about anything else but marriage, may God help you, better go and look for job , learn a skill , improve ur self be a better person, re u done with sch? Ane u wan marry,see ur mouth.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by DCmonster: 6:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
He who marries a Nigerian lady has definitely signed off his future. She wants him to abandon his family, she doesn't even have a job nor business. she wasn't even the one who paid his school fees neither did she set up a business for him. She wants him to abandon his family all because she has a pussy. Look her fellow women advice; add alabunkun to lime,boil ginger and soda,Bleep. You all will turn evening paper at last. Thank God I dodged you Nigerian bitches mo ti Japan!

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by idahme(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
People who don't have majority share in a business are quick to tell the majority share holder his ideas are not top notch....... Slay mamas who can't buy a needle are the ones who are quick to say needles are too expensive, they will refuse to share the needle with their neighbors because according to them 'it's expensive ' . They are everywhere, they look so appealing when you see them afar, and do 21 century colonialism when you come closer. If u know u know, trust them to your peril.

UyaiIncomparabl:

No surprises here. Just like he is, is the way you are. I wonder who dates you people.

Bunch of walking, imbecilic narcissists.

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Powersurge: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

One thing is sure, at 31, that proposal was not a joke. I wanna believe you are schooled or educated (I meant different things by the two). That is, you can hold an intelligent conversation.

Dating for 4 years shows you guys have bonded. Hence, you can carry out intimate conversation. Arrange a dinner date, and ask him what his plans are for the proposed union.

Say something like, "XYZ, I believe it is important that we talk about certain crucial aspect of our lives even as we are moving into the next phase. As you must have known, dating is a little different from marriage in many respects. For a starter, during dating, it was just you and I. However, as marriage is setting in, there will be third parties (referring to your children), amongst other things. Hence the reason for this discussion. I will like to know the accommodation you have in mind for us as a couple? Are we relocating or what? Is there anything you would want me to do concerning our accommodation? That been said, I will also like to know if you have any date in mind concerning our proposed marriage. Marriage needs planning and other things.

I don't have time and space to type Everything. But I hope you get the drill?

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by spyapollos(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
My dear sister you are doing well, my own is that I'm the man here, I n my girl has been dating for 5years according to her I didn't engage her doh, one faithful day she convince me to white garment Church, I didn't want to go at first but I didn't know what happen next she said the man saw something for me that I should come so follow her to the Church , the man of God pray over a sachet water, pure waters, to cut the long story short we are now married grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Kennyprince: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hehehehe free Bleep subscription
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Louisboy22(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Tintedglass:

You believe sex is the only contribution a woman brings to marriage?? Are you being serious
not all woman but at her age he should be thinking about learning hand work or getting a degree not talking about marriage or she want to become full time house wife he should be make herself useful to society
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by flexyrule(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
Thread should have been closed after this comment.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
UBGGA:
You're just 24!

Read. Travel. Build a career. Start a company.

Girl, live first, really live, before thinking marriage.

This isn't applicable to every person. The truth is, not everyone will start a company so soon because of one glitch or another.

Not everyone has that capacity. It is okay to wish that we travel and tour around the world before settling down but truth is, it's really not obtainable in reality, at least, for some people. In addition, what if she has done all those aforementioned things you wrote? You never know. Do not conclude.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
nuele:

But wisdom calls here because offending them won't be a good one either.

Sure, he needs to rent another place. But he shouldn't expel them. Better avoid trouble. You and I know how things can go if he goes with a commando or gentle eviction style.
The family are d insensitive gum body type. They'd probably attach to him if he moves again like leeches
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

Most men know that engaged Toto is cheaper and more accessible to dig than Olosho's or ordinary girlfriend's. So, a man can keep a lady engaged as long as he wants, until he finds the right woman he wanna settle down with.
Just yesterday we read about a man who engaged a lady for 12 years just to fulfil a mission of disgracing her publicly.

So, keep wearing your engagement ring for as long as he wants!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) / I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.