Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Should He Go For This Car Or Not? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should He Go For This Car Or Not? (2568 Views)

Scan Car Or Vehicle Plate Number For Registration Confirmation On Confirmme App / Which Is Wiser? Save For Your First Car Or Get A Loan. / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 4:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Looking at the dashboard of this car which someone was interested in getting from a car dealer, some warning lights could be seen.

He called me to inspect the car which came out clean in, out and under; autocheck VIN report also came out fine. But after scanning it, result showed;

1. Back left wheel abs sensor
2. TPMS fault

and these warning lights stayed on the dashboard of the car.

Should he pay for the car?
Will fixing the abs sensor and TPMS really remove all the warning lights from the dashboard of the car even after I cleared all DTCs?

P.S: I already told him my piece of advice but I want to confirm from the house if what I told him is good. Thanks in advance! !!

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by Nackzy: 6:23am On Mar 23, 2020
Why not look for the same car somewhere else and see what the dashboard looks like as well
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by punisha: 6:42am On Mar 23, 2020
Wow!
Not good!
Just like in that movie on netprick.
One more light comes up and the car will blow up. It's a remote switch by d previous owner of the car to kill d new owner.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2020
Nackzy:
Why not look for the same car somewhere else and see what the dashboard looks like as well

Others he has seen are not as clean as this one in particular.

1 Like

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by TPound(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2020
If fixed, it will go off

3 Likes

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2020
TPound:
If fixed, it will go off

Thanks for this! !!
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by EgunMogaji2: 7:56am On Mar 23, 2020
TPound:
If fixed, it will go off

I agree.
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I agree.

Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by aieromon(m): 9:49am On Mar 23, 2020
legalwealth:
Looking at the dashboard of this car which someone was interested in getting from a car dealer, some warning lights could be seen.

He called me to inspect the car which came out clean in, out and under; autocheck VIN report also came out fine. But after scanning it, result showed;
1. Back left wheel abs sensor
2. TPMS fault
and these warning lights stayed on the dashboard of the car.

Should he pay for the car?
Will fixing the abs sensor and TPMS really remove all the warning lights from the dashboard of the car even after I cleared all DTCs?

P.S: I already told him my piece of advice but I want to confirm from the house if what I told him is good. Thanks in advance! !!

Replacing the abs sensor will clear 90% of the warning lights. What is the TPMS code? As long as the module is not fried, the fix can go from as cheap as inflating the tires to as expensive as replacing the TPMS sensor/s.

1 Like

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by sultaan(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2020
Economy is about to melt down, Naira is falling the car is cheaper now than next week if you have money buy it now.

If your account is empty after buying the recession will bite you harder

3 Likes

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2020
aieromon:

Replacing the abs sensor will clear 90% of the warning lights. What is the TPMS code? As long as the module is not fried, the fix can go from as cheap as inflating the tires to as expensive as replacing the TPMS sensor/s.

Thanks for this.
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by thebigkendo(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2020
Legalo and ES350 sha!!! grin grin grin

Say the truth & shame the Satan.. Na your motor be this..

Ideally, replacing the faulty ABS sensor should take out most of the error lights

As for the TPMS, remember that "big" scanner you were showing off? If you know how to use it, you will be able to identify the specific TPMS fault..
Could be as easy as low or high tire pressure or defective tire pressure modules.

1 Like

Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
sultaan:
Economy is about to melt down, Naira is falling the car is cheaper now than next week if you have money buy it now.

Sense was sighted in this. Thanks
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by Smartchoiices(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
sultaan:

grin grin
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2020
cool
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by sultaan(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
After seeing your post about your purchase with Calculuxs.
I will suggest you stay away from buying Nigerian used cars and buy your Lexus directly from US.

72k mileage is the first sign of fraud, you don't need another drama

Do't go for another awoof if it is clear you can't afford the real thing
Re: Should He Go For This Car Or Not? by legalwealth(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
sultaan:
After seeing your post about your purchase with Calculusx.
I will suggest you stay away from buying Nigerian used cars and buy your Lexus directly from US.

72k mileage is the first sign of fraud, you don't need another drama

Do't go for another awoof if it is clear you can't afford the real thing

This is actually for a client who wanted to buy it. I now run related services as it can be seen and confirmed in the images attached! !!

Besides, I later got Lexus Es 350 2010 directly from USA after I returned the Lemon Lexus Es 350 2007 to Calculusx.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home / My Mercedes Benz CLS 500 Wont Change Gear From Gear 1 / Please I Need Opinions On Carina E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.