Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (12010 Views)

Tribalism In Lagos; Other Ethnic Nationalities Speaking Out / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2020
chukel:
ikwerre igbo
purely Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2020
DateMynd44:
so why are they always irritated when I call them igbos?

It depends on the Ikwerre you meet. Some Ikwerres claim not to be Igbos, others claim to be Igbos. Famous Ikwerre novelist, Elechi Amadi, always claimed not to be Igbo. Former Governor Chibuike Amaechi cane out on national Tv to tell everyone that he is Igbo despite being an Ikwerre man.

But no matter the Ikwerre you meet, their language is Igbo and they all have Igbo surnames

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 24, 2020
Mrfeel:

If you didn't understand one or two words in what he said then you are not Igbo at all, ikwerre is an igbiod subgroup and speaks igbiod dialect just like those in ebonyi and Delta

Your argument is purely weak. Come up with something strong and defeating not these petty logics.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Ojiofor: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Was that Igbo that he is speaking?

Wike said Chileke Kpokwaha oku,ntoor ntoor ntoor lwkmd. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Ikwerre Igbo amaka.Lol.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Mrfeel: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Your argument is purely weak. Come up with something strong and defeating not these petty logics.

Your argument is purely empty pointless , come up with something to hold a grip on

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 24, 2020
junketer:
how many ikwerre people do you know? If most ikwerre people do not see themselves as igbos then they wouldn't observe biafra day, they wouldn't shutdown river state every 30th may. They wouldn't be in support of kanu and ipob.

Ipob what?....what nonsense

What is it everyone that observed such trash. It is at ur own will and not a necessity. Try and come with something strong.

Moreover I don't argue with anything IPOB, they are miscreants, animals and fools. They constitute danger to the society and must be decimated anywhere they are seen.

In short term...Ipob wu ndi ala ndi ala.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2020
gidgiddy:

Really? Then that means your grasp of the Igbo language is bad. Even a none Igbo would understand that he said Ntoor and Chineke. Then he said 'Chineke, kpor ha' and ended with the word 'oku'. Anyone who understands Igbo would know that wike said that God should burn some people in hellfire, just with those 4 words. Its not a must that one must understand every word of the Ikwerre dialect, what is important is that you understand the key words that explains what is being said.

Well it ends at the doorstep of you giving your own meaning to the word as u feel that's the meaning. Until the speakers themselves (Ikwerre) says the meaning and what it means to them it will end up that wike is speaking Ikwerre.

Go and get some rest.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 24, 2020
Mrfeel:

Your argument is purely empty pointless , come up with something to hold a grip on

My grip is strong and firm. Ikwerre ethnic nationality speaks Ikwerre.

Any logic you are bringing is what you think not what they are.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Ojiofor: 10:39am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are a liar.

I didn't understand what he was saying...Not at all..

If you didn't understand what Wike said that means you are not Igbo or don't understand or speak Igbo language.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Mrfeel: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lol you have no grip at all, the ikwerre is an igbiod subgroup and speaks an igbiod dialect

Any political logic they are bringing to it is what they think and not what they are, history can never be destroyed

Get a stronger grip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Ojiofor: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Wike is speaking Ikwerre and not igbo.

Moreover you are the one giving the meaning of the words in your own dialectical understanding and not the ikwerres themselves.

So your argument remains weak.

Okay lets assume he was speaking Ikwerre .Case close!
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Difrent: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
PromiseHamza:

Who is he telling this?

He is telling this to opposition.

Buhari said the worst

Like?
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by PeaceGord: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2020
chukel:
which is? Ebonyi or nsukka?

Ikpu nnei dia!

Wetin concern Nsukka for this matter.

Agwo mia g anya!
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by gidgiddy: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well it ends at the doorstep of you giving your own meaning to the word as u feel that's the meaning. Until the speakers themselves (Ikwerre) says the meaning and what it means to them it will end up that wike is speaking Ikwerre.

Go and get some rest.

You are talking like an ignoramus. The Nsukka man of Enugu State speaks Nsukka dialect, the Ngwa of man of Abia speaks Ngwa dialect, the Oru man of Imo speaks Oru dialect and the Ikwerre man of Rivers speaks Ikwerre dialect. Yet, when all of them meet, they understand each other, which of them is then speaking Igbo?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Odingo1: 11:25am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are just senseless in your comment, why are you always pained about anything Igbo. Why not face your tribe.

Is there any tribe in Nigeria that doesn’t have dialects, in Yorubaland Ijebu man Yoruba speaking is different from Ondo Yoruba and also with ogbomosho Yoruba. Even Aworis, Eguns, Ilaje have a local languages that a Yoruba person cannot even understand.

Politics apart Ikwerre language is an Igboid language that every Igbo person can understand to a level. Ikwerre, Ika, Anioma, Ngwa, Nsukka, Ngwo, Izii in Ebonyi, Igbanke in Edo etc are all Igbo dialects.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2020
gidgiddy:

You are talking like an ignoramus. The Nsukka man of Enugu State speaks Nsukka dialect, the Ngwa of man of Abia speaks Ngwa dialect, the Oru man of Imo speaks Oru dialect and the Ikwerre man of Rivers speaks Ikwerre dialect. Yet, when all of them meet, they understand each other, which of them is then speaking Igbo?

You which dialect do you speak?

So that we can summarize all straight up.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Odingo1:

You are just senseless in your comment, why are you always pained about anything Igbo. Why not face your tribe.

Is there any tribe in Nigeria that doesn’t have dialects, in Yorubaland Ijebu man Yoruba speaking is different from Ondo Yoruba and also with ogbomosho Yoruba. Even Aworis, Eguns, Ilaje have a local languages that a Yoruba person cannot even understand.

Politics apart Ikwerre language is an Igboid language that every Igbo person can understand to a level. Ikwerre, Ika, Anioma, Ngwa, Nsukka, Ngwo, Izii in Ebonyi, Igbanke in Edo etc are all Igbo dialects.

You are talking trash.

Ikwerre is a recognised ethnic group in Nigeria, same as Igbo and not as a sub group to any...

So what are you arguing?

moreover Wike said Ikwerre ethnic nationality...

Bunch of classless argument.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

Okay lets assume he was speaking Ikwerre .Case close!

Not assuming

He is speaking Ikwerre and recognised as ethnic group in Nigeria same as Igbo not as a sub group to any...
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Was that Igbo that he is speaking?
yes its Igbo I heard everything

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Shut it

he wasn't speaking any igbo.

There is nothing like Ikwerre igbo. It is simply Ikwerre not Igbo.
it's Igbo he speaking I heard everything he said

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not defending him.

I only stated clearly that he was speaking Ikwerre for those shifting goal post that he is speaking Igbo.

Actions are bad but corrected an impression trying to build up.
why are you people like this he is speaking Igbo I heard everything he said and any Igbo man who watch the video that will also understand the language
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Demurkelly: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2020
chukel:
ikwerre igbo
Which one again is ikwerre Igbo??
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2020
ericuzor:
it's Igbo he speaking I heard everything he said

It is not Igbo,

He is speaking Ikwerre which is a recognised ethnic group in Nigeria.

I wonder what you hearing that others haven't.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2020
DateMynd44:
when Ikwerre people speak, do igbos understand?
yes I do understand, Igbo dialects differ, when an ohafia man speaks you won't hear a thing
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2020
ericuzor:
why are you people like this he is speaking Igbo I heard everything he said and any Igbo man who watch the video that will also understand the language

By your own right, you are proving yourself right.

Next
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Ojiofor: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not assuming

He is speaking Ikwerre and recognised as ethnic group in Nigeria same as Igbo not as a sub group to any...

You are basically playing politics with the topic.
Is Chineke or Ntoor or Kpokwa ha oku is which language in Nigeria?
Ikwerre can claim anything, I don't care, but what Wike was speaking is clearly Igbo language which happens to be his native language.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Odingo1: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are talking trash.

Ikwerre is a recognised ethnic group in Nigeria, same as Igbo and not as a sub group to any...

So what are you arguing?

moreover Wike said Ikwerre ethnic nationality...

Bunch of classless argument.
Ikwerre language is an Igbo dialect

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

It is not Igbo,

He is speaking Ikwerre which is a recognised ethnic group in Nigeria.

I wonder what you hearing that others haven't.
stop deceiving yourself what he is speaking is Igbo period

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by ericuzor(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

By your own right, you are proving yourself right.

Next
nothing to prove right here because that's the Truth
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
ericuzor:
nothing to prove right here because that's the Truth

Your truth get K-leg
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by paj4love: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Your truth get K-leg

Ok, translate what wike said in English language. Please we like to know
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Ezemust: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
I would'nt be surprice if meleszenawi is yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Introduce Death Insurance For Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram / NNAMDI KANU'S EVIL PLOT FINALLY EXPOSED!!! SOUTH SOUTH BEWARE / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.