Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (12016 Views)

Tribalism In Lagos; Other Ethnic Nationalities Speaking Out / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Amarabae(f): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

They are pathetic and emotional lots.

That's why they foolishly Continue looking for those who keep sabotaging their struggles.

Blame their stupidity even in this 21st century.
Even as a Rivers indigene lady, I know these ikwerres more than these Igbos members from enugu, imo etc..
Ikwerres are not Igbos and NOTHING can make them accept being Igbo.
Rotimi amaechi is simply playing politics by his "I am Igbo" crap .
This is becoming embarrassing to see, all these "ikwerre vs igbo " nonsense
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are a liar.

I didn't understand what he was saying...Not at all..

Lol!

Why should you, you are not Igbo.

Every Igbo should understand what he spoke there.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Amarabae:

Even as a Rivers indigene lady, I know these ikwerres more than these Igbos members from enugu, imo etc..

The Igbos from enugu Imo has allowed themselves to be a willing tool in the hands of ikwerre people. More like the weapon in their arsenal(ikwerre) that can be used as will.

They have failed to come in terms with reality even if you educate them to let ikwerre be.

How can I be defending someone in this 21st century that will still stand infront of me and deny samething I am trying to defend him on.

Anyway it is only fools(Ipob) that energize and strengthen madness not sensible ones.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
pazienza:

Lol!

Why should you, you are not Igbo.

Every Igbo should understand what he spoke there.

Well my understanding is higher and different from theirs.

I am not moved by emotions and I am as blunt as ever.

Ikwerre is ikwerre and igbo is igbo.

Mixing both won't achieve anything but failure and backwardness.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
Amarabae:
Ikwerres are not Igbos,
All these Igbos should go and rest.
Ikwerre is ikwerre.
Igbo is Igbo

I agree as well.
But I also agree that what Wike spoke on the clip is Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Amarabae:

My dear, Ike kwuru.
They no de use eye see where ikwerre is mentioned, why can't they allow dis people to rest.
You never accept abakiliki man as fully Igbo, na ikwerre you want.
Look at how they derailed this page

Where did you get that from?

Abakaliki is s fully and well accepted part of Igboland. They don't even need anyone acceptance. As no one has the right to accept or reject their Igboness. They are just unapologetically Igbo, and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Those stupid inferiority plagued Igbos deriding Ndiigbo in Ebonyi are stupid and useless to themselves and everyone else. Sooner than later, Ebonyi will be like a city set on a hill in Igbo nation, that can never be ignored. The proverbial Ngene stream that those who cajoled would end up drinking for their own survival.
An Ebonyi man is the current SE governors forum chairman, and An Abakaliki man, Chief Igariweh was the immediate past president of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.
Let's be well guided in our utterances.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
Amarabae:

It really is embarrassing.
Our people keep making ourselves easy pawns in Ikwerre petty Rivers state politics games, by stupidly claiming them, when it's obvious they are not part of us, and even abhor us more than the Ijaws do. cool
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Okwyjesus(m): 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Was that Igbo that he is speaking?

An lgbo dialect called Ikwerre- the governor's tribe.

Wike is working for his people because he knew after now lkwerres may not taste the position for the next 30yrs
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well my understanding is higher and different from theirs.

I am not moved by emotions and I am as blunt as ever.

Ikwerre is ikwerre and igbo is igbo.

Mixing both won't achieve anything but failure and backwardness.

I agree strongly with you that Ikwerre is not Igbo.
Any Igbo calling Ikwerre Igbo obviously have not lived in those Rumu villages in Obio Akpor LGA, to witness first hand the raw undiluted deep seated hate these lots have for Ndiigbo.
Either that, or the Igbo claiming Ikwerres have witnessed this hate, but decided to out of lack of group esteem, pride and dignity, to continue embracing a people who do not consider you kin, and would not waste time to harm you, if need be.

The Ijaw and Ikwerre deserve each other. Together they both conspired and took away Igbo property in PH, and they are both filled with caustic loathe for Ndiigbo.

Wike not long ago named a public structure in Rivers state after Gowon. And made funny comments about how Gowon saved them from certain "oppressors". Igbos claiming Ikwerre are pathetic set of people, they disgust me. How stupid will it be for Israelis to be claiming a group who sees Hitler as a national hero, and have national structures named after him?

Our people use to be wise people, we use to have leadership capable of discernment, strategic thinking and setting group objectives. I don't know what happened to us.

IPOB are living in fools paradise. They know fully well that Ikwerres are Igbophobic. When Nnamdi Kanu came back from prison, he never dared to visit those Rumu villages. He cunningly restricted his activities to Obigbo, where the indigenes are obviously still Igbo.
Who is deceiving who?

6 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2020
No stupid Igbo should involve Ndiigbo in the fight to finish between Ikwerre and their brothers Ijaws.
None of them are our friends or foes.

If the Igbos living in Rivers state are wise, they should focus on their business in Rivers state ( that is if Wike and his Ikwerre touts allow them, because recently, Wike and his boys have been demolishing Igbo businesses in Port harcourt).

Stop backing the Ikwerre against Ijaws, just simply let the two groups slug it out, and then rush to identify with and congratulate whoever emerges the winner between the two of them.

There is nothing we share in common with Ikwerres that we don't share with Ijaws in Rivers state.
Opobo basically speak Igbo and many of them have Igbo blood in them.
The Okrika are highly mixed with Ndiigbo, they married too much Igbo women in the past and continue to do so presently. I personally know Patience Jonathan mother's father house in Afugiri Ohuhu Umuahia, she renovated the house when she was the first lady, she speaks fluent Igbo.
The Kalabari have strong connection with Aros and Abam Igbos in Abia state, a good number of them migrated from this parts of Igboland and assimilated as Ijaws.
Asari Dokubo in an interview admitted that his ancestral house name is Edi abali and that his ancestor migrated from Abam in Abia state to assimilate in Buguma.
Many Ijaw family in Rivers state are Ijawnized Igbos, they will not admit it today because of the circumstances of the civil war.

Bottomline is that, we don't share more in common, genetically with Ikwerres than we do with the Ijaws in Rivers, and none of the two groups are any different in their ways towards the Igbo, it is therefore foolish for us to be backing or claiming any of them. We should be neutral and mind our business.

Ikwerre is not Igbo, simple. Once Ndiigbo internalize and digest this reality, neither the Ikwerre nor other Nigerians would use it against us ever again.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 25, 2020
PHijo:

Italy and Greece are not part of the past as you assume. They remain relevant in our contemporary times.

Thank God you admitted votes don't count in Rivers elections. Ijaw people have achieved a lot through armed struggle part which you ingrates in Ikwerreland are benefitting from. If the governorship was too important to Ijaw people they would have used that energy to get the governorship instead of fighting for causes they felt would benefit the entire region.

After all the Ogoni people have been able to rest a bit for the past 2 decades.

I don't blame you, I blame Tinubu that gave some of you a platform to rant.

We don't have problems with Igbo residents per say. We've only had issues with Igbo separatist groups misrepresenting our history.

Lol as if u guys do not disrespect the Ogonis day in, day out ? You do not know the role ur Ada George Oga played in that saga ? Or ur big elders/professionals in PH and in Shell ? Abacha just acted on his own ? before ofc u hijacked their struggle.. las las una don bellefull shey ? hahaha .. All ur militant boys are now ogas themselves. And uhm.. A lot of them would hurt u for the sake of Wike , upon all this ur noise :p.
Money is all that ur boys want. I mean that's all Rivers ppl in general see lol.

Btw Tinubu what ? I dont get that part.

U guys should use ur energy and collect na let's see. Ure not getting there without any help from Ikwerres and Uplanders? Like I said pls use ur 20k votes and win the election. Ikwerres will still produce the OBALGA and PHALGA result. Let us not forget more than 200k from Emohua and Ikwerre LGA... hahah. we will chop ur Soku oil well well. Drink it even... Thank goodness the court gave it back. It is OURS.. Ur oil, ur land and ur heritage, U are in Rivers state not in Ijaw Republic.

Ur Bayelsa is a massive failure btw. Can't imagine what your country will be like. Pls enjoy this Nigeria. Cos u cant complain just because it doesn't favor u between 1999 and now. You over enjoyed 1967 to the 90s. So shush my brother. Oil money will be spent in OBALGA, PHALGA etc. Btw everybody does have oil, nut I know you lot get too carried away with ur so called oil money and wealth.

Please do compete for ur election victory in 2023 or 27. And bring out ppl with more wight than ur usual Princewill, Dumo and lol.. Tonye Cole. Whatever tho, you're just an Ijaw supremacist. The L u took at the national elections in 2015 should have humbled you guys.. You have only one election u can comfortably win.. that's Bayelsa guber.. where it's Ijaws facing each other. Rivers is cancelled for now.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

I agree strongly with you that Ikwerre is not Igbo.
Any Igbo calling Ikwerre Igbo obviously have not lived in those Rumu villages in Obio Akpor LGA, to witness first hand the raw undiluted deep seated hate these lots have for Ndiigbo.
Either that, or the Igbo claiming Ikwerres have witnessed this hate, but decided to out of lack of group esteem, pride and dignity, to continue embracing a people who do not consider you kin, and would not waste time to harm you, if need be.

The Ijaw and Ikwerre deserve each other. Together they both conspired and took away Igbo property in PH, and they are both filled with caustic loathe for Ndiigbo.

Wike not long ago named a public structure in Rivers state after Gowon. And made funny comments about how Gowon saved them from certain "oppressors". Igbos claiming Ikwerre are pathetic set of people. How stupid will it be for Israelis to be claiming a group who sees Hitler as a national hero, and have national structures named after him?

Our people use to be wise people, we use to have leadership capable of discernment, strategic thinking and setting group objectives. I don't know what happened to us.

IPOB are living in fool's paradise. They know fully well that Ikwerres are Igbophobic. When Nnamdi Kanu came back from prison, he never dared to visit those Rumu villages. He cunningly restricted his activities to Obigbo, where the indigenes are obviously still pro Igbo.
Who is deceiving who?

Well over the years I have watched with keen interest of many Igbos claiming Ikwerre here or outside. I always literally ignored such because summarily I see it as may they are not well educated on history or don't have a good sense of history but as years pass by these same lot are yet to understand by themselves what they really want.

It cheer stupidity that many don't learn and still traces of history always flashes infront of them still they keep claiming people that will look you in the eye and still say opposite of what you claiming. There is no best definition of such than fools created by Ipob that lives continually in their foolery and fools paradise.

Excerpt
Ada Priscilla Nzimiro, MB ChB (April 30, 1923 – March 22, 1951), a graduate of the University of Glasgow, was the first Igbo woman doctor, using modern medical practices, in the Igbo region of Eastern Nigeria upon her graduation in 1950.
Of Ugwuta (Oguta) ancestry, she was born in Port Harcourt to Richard Okwosha Nzimiro, a politician and the first indigenous mayor of Port Harcourt from 1956 until his death in 1959, and his wife, Mary Nwametu Onumonu (1898–1993), a wealthy merchant (initiated by her mother Ruth Onumonu, a wealthy oil palm merchant), political activist, and member of the NCNC who galvanised Igbo women for the Biafran war effort in the late 1960s and lost all her landed properties in Port Harcourt after the war due to anti-Igbo sentiment.
Nzimiro left Nigeria for The University of Glasgow in 1945 to study Medicine and she graduated MB, ChB in 1950 and returned to her hometown in Nigeria, where she unexpectedly died the following year in 1951. She was only 27.
Her death came as a huge shock to the entire region, as well as her family and well wishers.
Later reports revealed she died of unnatural causes. She was buried a month after in Oguta, Imo State on April 27, 1951.
After Nzimiro's death, the William Wilberforce Academy, the first of two secondary schools her parents established at Oguta in 1945, was renamed the Priscilla Memorial Grammar School. This was done in order to honour her memory and record her achievement in the field of medicine.

It is obvious that what we have here are children who are tired of reading their books .

Nobody has achieved anything meaningful with emotions. No- one.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well over the years I have watched with keen interest of many Igbos claiming Ikwerre here or outside. I always literally ignored such because summarily I see it as may they are not well educated on history or don't have a good sense of history but as years pass by these same lot are yet to understand by themselves what they really want.

It cheer stupidity that many don't learn and still traces of history always flashes infront of them still they keep claiming people that will look you in the eye and still say opposite of what you claiming. There is no best definition of such than fools created by Ipob that lives continually in their foolery and fools paradise.

Excerpt
Ada Priscilla Nzimiro, MB ChB (April 30, 1923 – March 22, 1951), a graduate of the University of Glasgow, was the first Igbo woman doctor, using modern medical practices, in the Igbo region of Eastern Nigeria upon her graduation in 1950.
Of Ugwuta (Oguta) ancestry, she was born in Port Harcourt to Richard Okwosha Nzimiro, a politician and the first indigenous mayor of Port Harcourt from 1956 until his death in 1959, and his wife, Mary Nwametu Onumonu (1898–1993), a wealthy merchant (initiated by her mother Ruth Onumonu, a wealthy oil palm merchant), political activist, and member of the NCNC who galvanised Igbo women for the Biafran war effort in the late 1960s and lost all her landed properties in Port Harcourt after the war due to anti-Igbo sentiment.
Nzimiro left Nigeria for The University of Glasgow in 1945 to study Medicine and she graduated MB, ChB in 1950 and returned to her hometown in Nigeria, where she unexpectedly died the following year in 1951. She was only 27.
Her death came as a huge shock to the entire region, as well as her family and well wishers.
Later reports revealed she died of unnatural causes. She was buried a month after in Oguta, Imo State on April 27, 1951.
After Nzimiro's death, the William Wilberforce Academy, the first of two secondary schools her parents established at Oguta in 1945, was renamed the Priscilla Memorial Grammar School. This was done in order to honour her memory and record her achievement in the field of medicine.

It is obvious that what we have here are children who are tired of reading their books .

Nobody has achieved anything meaningful with emotions. No- one.

“When my father died at 40, he was a politician and also a principal. But he didn’t have much money. In those days, you had to keep your day job, even if you were a member of the House of Representatives. Yes, my mother, an Anambra woman, was a trader. She was richer than my dad, so my dad would borrow money from her to buy land and he never paid back. You know how it is with husband and wife.

“At the end of the war, I couldn’t go back to Port Harcourt. My home was abandoned property. Those of you who come from Port Harcourt know the story. The home that a widow, my father had only laid the foundation when he died in an accident; the building that a widow built was seized as an abandoned property.

“And living just adjacent to us on Hospital Road were the Ikokus. In fact, I thought we were related because every family in Port Harcourt was together. You didn’t care were anyone came from or who they were, whether you were from Port Harcourt or not. Every parent had the right to reprimand a child he/she saw misbehaving. Port Harcourt was a beautiful town, but we couldn’t get back to it.

“So, for me, the civil war never ended, it is still going on. My poor mother went back to Port Harcourt to claim her property and she was beaten into a coma by people whom she had helped all her life; people she had helped to send to school, because she is an Igbo woman and now Port Harcourt belonged to another group of people".

~Onyeka Onwenu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Odingo1: 12:42am On Mar 25, 2020
Amarabae:

What we are saying is that Ikwerre people are speaking Igbo dialect.

The question whether they are Igbos is a different thing but they are indeed speaking Igbo. The same with Igbanke in Edo and Ika-Anioma in Delta.

These people by virtue of politics can decide that they are not Igbos but they are speaking Igbo.

Austria in Europe speak a German dialect but they are not Germans but use to admit that what they are speaking is a German dialect.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Mar 25, 2020
Some of our people have decided to be playing the Ostrich on "Rivers people" issues. But we would be here to keep reminding them.

How can Wike be using money meant for entire Rivers state to be developing only his Ikwerre that produces next to no crude oil, and have the temerity to be rubbing it in their faces.

Rather than stay away from it all, our people are here claiming Ikwerre and Wike. A people who have said more worst things about us than anyone else had. Are we mad? Don't we deserve some peace of mind?

Ikwerre is not Igbo. And if they know what is good for them, they should stop this unnecessary arrogance and rather learn diplomacy to cooperate with their benefactors, the Ijaws.
Because sooner than later, things will change, the Ijaws in Rivers will have their Bayelsa brothers to help them, but Ikwerre would discover just how far away Bini and Edo state, their ancestral homeland, are from Rivers.

It's not like the Ijaws are any better. They did worst in the old Rivers state. But again, that's none of our business. Let's mind our business.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by technicallyrich(m): 1:20am On Mar 25, 2020
Amarabae:

STFU prostitudde.
By the way we ijaws own half of Rivers State.
Ijaws clan in Rivers State which include
Okirika
Kalabiri
Bonny
Opobo
Andonni
Abua
Odual etc
Ngene that is part of ahoada
And you Igbo groups in Rivers should prepare be you ikwere,etche,omogu.
The next governor must be an ijaw.
We will no longer accept deputy.
Finally ijaws are the strongest, bravest and most blessed black tribe on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AmuDimpka: 8:08am On Mar 25, 2020
technicallyrich:

STFU prostitudde.
By the way we ijaws own half of Rivers State.
Ijaws clan in Rivers State which include
Okirika
Kalabiri
Bonny
Opobo
Andonni
Abua
Odual etc
Ngene that is part of ahoada
And you Igbo groups in Rivers should prepare be you ikwere,etche,omogu.
The next governor must be an ijaw.
We will no longer accept deputy.
Finally ijaws are the strongest, bravest and most blessed black tribe on Earth.

Bonny speaks Igbo
Opobo speaks Igbo
Kalahari had been colonised by Igbo

What s left again
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AmuDimpka: 8:30am On Mar 25, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Was that Igbo that he is speaking?

Yes...I heard him very well! Ntorr is Igbo and chineke kpokwa ha oku
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AmuDimpka: 8:32am On Mar 25, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Shut it

he wasn't speaking any igbo.

There is nothing like Ikwerre igbo. It is simply Ikwerre not Igbo.

He spoke ikwerre , a dialect in Igbo, I am Nkwerrr and I understood it clearly

Chineke kpokwa gi oku there
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by technicallyrich(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bonny speaks Igbo
Opobo speaks Igbo

What s left again
How.
Ijaws mostly like Igbo people,that's why almost all ijaws marry igbos.
They have their own indigenous ijaw language that they speak.
Finally,some ijaws speak ijaw language,others Igbo,only very few ijaws speak urohbo and Yoruba.
But ijaw na ijaw.you can see the bravey in their eyes,even from afar.
Mind you,nwokem I support Biafra anyday.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AmuDimpka: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2020
technicallyrich:

How.
Ijaws mostly like Igbo people,that's why almost all ijaws marry igbos.
They have their own indigenous ijaw language that they speak.
Finally,some ijaws speak ijaw language,others Igbo,only very few ijaws speak urohbo and Yoruba.
But ijaw na ijaw.you can see the bravey in their eyes,even from afar.
Mind you,nwokem I support Biafra anyday.

Blablabla

Forget Bonny and Opobo ...they speak Igbo there in real time

As of Kalabari...they are influenced by Igbo and speak Igbo as second language that is why Asari title is Edi Abali which is pure Igbo

Oya

Talk another one
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2020
okeyglm:
Ikwerre they don't only speak Igbo they practice all Igbo culture and tradition.

So do Onitsha people and Nsukka people. This is madness.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Coldie(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Shut it

he wasn't speaking any igbo.

There is nothing like Ikwerre igbo. It is simply Ikwerre not Igbo.
Shuutup, what he spoke was Igbo.

Them saying they are not igbos doesn't change the fact that our language is closely alike
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bonny speaks Igbo
Opobo speaks Igbo

What s left again

Bonny and Opobo might be Igbo speaking, but they are also Ijaw(Ibani) speaking.
You will hardly meet an Opobo or Bonny man that does not identify as Ijaw. Their youths leaders are members of IYC(Ijaw youth council), while their chiefs and Amanayabos are members of INC( Ijaw National Council).
You don't have to take my word for it, if you can't travel to Bonny or Opobo to find out the state of things there, you can simply join their facebook pages and engage the people.
Kalabari is Ijaw, though like the Nembes, many Kalabari want independence from Ijaw, they want to be an independent ethnic group of their own. But Kalabari culturally and linguistically speaking are Ijaws, and their leaders identify with IYC and INC.

Ndiigbo need to stop all these needless emotions, it will get us to no where. It does not make sense claiming a people who doesn't claim you, who as a matter of fact look at you with suspicious eyes.

We know our people in Rivers state. They are found in Obigbo and Egbema.
Let's look inwards and find a way to strengthen our bond with our fellow Igbos in SE and even the ones in Isobo, Benue and Enu-ani, deal head on with every type of discrimination or dehumanization of our people by fellow ignorant Igbos.
Pull funds together and deliver emergency relieve projects to neglected but proud Igbo groups like the Umuezekoha in Benue state who have been crying for our help since 2015 with no interventions coming from us. Just a few boreholes to relieve the people water needs, renovation of their dilapidated primary schools and provision of schooling materials to their people. Umahi can visit the governor of Benue state and liase on how to build small bridges and few roads that their absence had cut those Igbo communities off from development.
There is a whole lot more we can do for ourselves in SE and for proud Igbos outside SE. This whole obsession with some confused power drunk Bini people in Rivers state,whose ancestors adopted and corrupted our Igbo language is very unhealthy for us politically speaking and needs to stop.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

You will hardly meet an Opobo or Bonny man that does not identify as Ijaw. Their youths leaders are members of IYC(Ijaw youth council), while their chiefs and Amanayabos are members of INC( Ijaw National Council).
You don't have to take my word for it, if you can't travel to Bonny or Opobo to find out the state of things there, you can simply join their facebook pages and engage the people.
Kalabari is Ijaw, though like the Nembes, many Kalabari want independence from Ijaw, they want to be an independent ethnic group of their own. But Kalabari culturally and linguistically speaking are Ijaws, and their leaders identify with IYC and INC.

Ndiigbo need to stop all these needless emotions, it will get us to no where. It does not make sense claiming a people who doesn't claim you, who as a matter of fact look at you with suspicious eyes.

Let's look inwards and find a way to strengthen our bond with our fellow Igbos in SE and even the ones in Isobo, Benue and Enu-ani, deal head on with every type of discrimination or dehumanization of our people by fellow ignorant Igbos.
Pull funds together and deliver emergency relieve projects to neglected but proud Igbo groups like the Umuezekoha in Benue state who have been crying for our help since 2015 with no interventions coming from us. Just a few boreholes to relieve the people water needs, renovation of their dilapidated primary schools and provision of schooling materials to their people. Umahi can visit the governor of Benue state and liase on how to build small bridges and few roads that their absence had cut those Igbo communities off from development.
There is a whole lot more we can do for ourselves in SE and for proud Igbos outside SE. This whole obsession with some confused power drunk Bini people in Rivers state,whose ancestors adopted and corrupted our Igbo language is very unhealthy for us politically speaking and needs to stop.
.I have said this times without number.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 9:13am On Mar 25, 2020
Coldie:
.I have said this times without number.

We can only continue preaching until the message sinks in completely into the hearts of our people.
I don't know how we became this overtly emotional and less pragmatic as people. It gives me shivers.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by AmuDimpka: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

Do you even realise that (u)ibani is an Igbo word ! Do you even realise it means the language in richness of the land (uba Ani ) sometimes

I have Opobo friend he claims Igbo ....so what are you saying ?

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by gidgiddy: 9:27am On Mar 25, 2020
What I see about Rivers state is that there is some sort of identity crisis going on there. Many people dont know who they are any more. Ogoni, Ikwerre, Kalabari, Okrika, Etche, Ekpeye, Ahoada and everyone else are claiming to be 'distinct ethnic nationalities'. The politics of Oil has turned some people into robots.

I was shocked to see someone from Chokocho in Etche who said that Etches are not Igbo, only to find out that the same person is from a family of Ijaws who settled in Etche many years ago. Give him another 20 years and he will says that Etches are Ijaw.

Sometimes I think that Rivers state should divided up. All the Igbo speaking groups from Ikwerre to Ahoada to Obigbo to Omuma should continue as Rivers state while all non Igbo speaking should either be a separate state or carved into Bayelsa

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Do you even realise that (u)ibani is an Igbo word ! Do you even realise it means the language in richness of the land (uba Ani ) sometimes

I have Opobo friend he claims Igbo ....so what are you saying ?

Stop with the emotions already.

Ibani is Ibani. That Yorubas call us Yibbo, does not stop us from being Igbos. Use your brain biko.
A single friend of yours tell you he is Igbo and so? Shouldn't you be more interested in what majority of his people think? Do Opobo/Bonny traditional leaders attend Ohanaeze meetings or INC/IYC meetings? Do the youth leaders attend Igbo meetings or IYC meetings?
What is wrong with you. Go to Opobo and Bonny and find out things yourself, mba! Okay join Bonny or Opobo facebook pages and engage the youths there, MBA! You would rather live in your own distortions than embrace the truth and be made whole.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

Stop with the emotions already.

Ibani is Ibani. That Yorubas call us Yibbo, does not stop us from being Igbos. Use your brain biko.
A single friend of yours tell you he is Igbo and so? Shouldn't you be more interested in what majority of his people think? Do Opobo/Bonny traditional leaders attend Ohanaeze meetings or INC/IYC meetings? Do the youth leaders attend Igbo meetings of IYC meetings?
What is wrong with you. Go to Opobo and Bonny and find out things yourself, mba! Okay join Bonny or Opobo facebook pages and engage the youths there, MBA! You would rather live in your own distortions than embrace the truth and be made whole.
my brother tell them make they listen!!! it's not about who's DNA is igbo, it's about who accepts being igbo!!! we forget what the ikwerre did after the war and are still doing or is it the ijaw that mobilised and trained 1000 fighters to harass biafran Forces while The feds landed in ph -what about the peeps in asaba that wore white and danced to welcome the invading fed Forces (if not for that massacre, today they would deny being igbo) . Non of this groups have our interest at heart,anyone who has lived with them -even at the Nysc camp would know how igbophobic these tribes are.
Let us focus on the core SE states and what is being achieved their, let us keep on licking our wounds because our time would soon come
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2020
gidgiddy:
What I see about Rivers state is that there is some sort of identity crisis going on there. Many people dont know who they are any more. Ogoni, Ikwerre, Kalabari, Okrika, Etche, Ekpeye, Ahoada and everyone else are claiming to be 'distinct ethnic nationalities'. The politics of Oil has turned some people into robots.

I was shocked to see someone from Chokocho in Etche who said that Etches are not Igbo, only to find out that the same person is from a family of Ijaws who settled in Etche many years ago. Give him another 20 years and he will says that Etches are Ijaw.

Sometimes I think that Rivers state should divided up. All the Igbo speaking groups from Ikwerre to Ahoada to Obigbo to Omuma should continue as Rivers state while all non Igbo speaking should either be a separate state or carved into Bayelsa

The Etche are not Igbos. Many of them will kill you if you call them Igbo. Many of them are opportunists, they claim Igbo when they have something to gain, and denounce it, when they don't. I have engaged them in their facebook pages. They currently have a fabricated origin story which claims that they migrated from Bini. Yes, I know they speak Igbo and are actually Igbos if we are being honest. But they have rejected the Igbo tag. And it will be self destructive for us to be claiming them. Love and group identity are not things you beg for. If you have to beg for it, then it's simply not worth it. You are better off on your own. If you force it, you will only be setting yourself up for manipulation and abuse by the one you are begging for their love or to identify with you.

The Ijaws want an "Oil Rivers state" that will incorporate all Ijaw and Ijaw aligned coastal ethnicities in Rivers state, in addition to Ibeno and Eastern Obolo of Akwa ibom. When and if Nigeria becomes serious about developing as a nation, this will happen as the people would be given more room to organize themselves as they seem fit.
If Oil Rivers state happens, Akwa ibom will lose most of her offshore oil fields, the Ikwerre and the rest of upland Rivers state with become landlocked, PH will become like a Jerusalem, divided between the Ijaws(Israel) and Ikwerres (Arabs), The Ogbas who produce the highest onshore crude oil in Rivers state will not tolerate Ikwerres using their crude oil wealth to develop Ikwereland while Omoku remains a glorified village , neither would the Ekpeye tolerate the continued marginalization of Ahoada town. The Oyigbo will not tolerate same. Maybe by then this whole shallow arrogance of Wike and his people will clear. Those Igboid groups are only keeping quiet now because the Ijaws are still in the picture, many of them are grumbling inside about Ikwerre lopsided cornering of all the state resources for development of mainly Ikwerreland that does not produce much crude oil, their grumbling will turn to fights once the Ijaws get their deserved oil Rivers state, and the Ikwerre are stuck with the Igboids and Ogoni.

But, with the rate things are even going, will crude oil even still remain important source of income in that nearest future? We will see.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2020
eduj:

my brother tell them make they listen!!! it's not about who's DNA is igbo, it's about who accepts being igbo!!! we forget what the ikwerre did after the war and are still doing or is it the ijaw that mobilised and trained 1000 fighters to harass biafran Forces while The feds landed in ph -what about the peeps in asaba that wore white and danced to welcome the invading fed Forces (if not for that massacre, today they would deny being igbo) .Non of this groups have our interest at heart,anyone who has lived with them -even at the Nysc camp would know how igbophobic these tribes are.
Let us focus on the core SE states and what is being achieved their, let us keep on licking our wounds because our time would soon come

Exactly. We need to love ourselves more.
The Ebonyi people deserve unreserved apology from the Ignorant people amongst us who had one way or the other abused or demeaned them,we all should do better to treat each other as brothers and with love.
We have to stop every iota of discrimination amongst us, embrace each other, be each others keepers, build each other, fight against any divisions based on states amongst us instigated by outsiders or enemies within (politicians) who thrive in dividing the people.
Reach out to Igbo groups like those in Benue that have been crying out for our intervention. Set up a fund raising program to be augmented by all SE states, then use the fund to show these brothers love.
We have too many things to do at home (SE) to be pokenosing into who wants to be Igbo and who doesn't.

By the way, were you talking about Issele-uku NYSC camp in Delta state?
Many Igbos who attended that camp always come back broken emotionally and with new perspectives of issues.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Tinubu Government Races Against Time / NEMA: EFCC Invites More Top Officers Amid Reps Probe Of DG Maihaja / Can The Binis Survived On Their Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.