Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (12011 Views)

Tribalism In Lagos; Other Ethnic Nationalities Speaking Out / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Do you even realise that (u)ibani is an Igbo word ! Do you even realise it means the language in richness of the land (uba Ani ) sometimes

I have Opobo friend he claims Igbo
....so what are you saying ?

@bolded.

I stopped reading when I saw that statement. One out of thousands. What a myopic research.

I should have asked how old are you but that will be for another day.

One person summarily means all...very pathetic.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

The Etche are not Igbos. Many of them will kill you if you call them Igbo. Many of them are opportunists, they claim Igbo when they have something to gain, and denounce it, when they don't. I have engaged them in their facebook pages. They currently have a fabricated origin story which claims that they migrated from Bini. Yes, I know they speak Igbo and are actually Igbos if we are being honest. But they have rejected the Igbo tag. And it will be self destructive for us to be claiming them. Love and group identity are not things you beg for. If you have to beg for it, then it's simply not worth it. You are better off on your own. If you force it, you will only be setting yourself up for manipulation and abuse by the one you are begging for their love or to identify with you.

The Ijaws want an "Oil Rivers state" that will incorporate all Ijaw and Ijaw aligned coastal ethnicities in Rivers state, in addition to Ibeno and Eastern Obolo of Akwa ibom. When and if Nigeria becomes serious about developing as a nation, this will happen as the people would be given more room to organize themselves as they seem fit.
If Oil Rivers state happens, Akwa ibom will lose most of her offshore oil fields, the Ikwerre and the rest of upland Rivers state with become landlocked, PH will become like a Jerusalem, divided between the Ijaws(Israel) and Ikwerres (Arabs), The Ogbas who produce the highest onshore crude oil in Rivers state with not tolerate Ikwerres using their crude oil wealth to develop Ikwereland while Omoku remains a glorified village , neither would the Ekpeye tolerate the continued marginalization of Ahoada town. The Oyigbo will not tolerate same. Maybe by then this whole shallow arrogance of Wike and his people will clear. Those Igboid groups are only keeping quiet now because the Ijaws are still in the picture, many of them are grumbling inside about Ikwerre lopsided cornering of all the state resources for development of mainly Ikwerreland that does not produce much crude oil, their grumbling will turn to fights once the Ijaws get their deserved oil Rivers state, and the Ikwerre are stuck with the Igboids and Ogoni.

But, with the rate things are even going, will crude oil even still remain important source of income in that nearest future? We will see.

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by nextdoor84(m): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

Bonny and Opobo might be Igbo speaking, but they are also Ijaw(Ibani) speaking.
You will hardly meet an Opobo or Bonny man that does not identify as Ijaw. Their youths leaders are members of IYC(Ijaw youth council), while their chiefs and Amanayabos are members of INC( Ijaw National Council).
You don't have to take my word for it, if you can't travel to Bonny or Opobo to find out the state of things there, you can simply join their facebook pages and engage the people.
Kalabari is Ijaw, though like the Nembes, many Kalabari want independence from Ijaw, they want to be an independent ethnic group of their own. But Kalabari culturally and linguistically speaking are Ijaws, and their leaders identify with IYC and INC.

Ndiigbo need to stop all these needless emotions, it will get us to no where. It does not make sense claiming a people who doesn't claim you, who as a matter of fact look at you with suspicious eyes.

We know our people in Rivers state. They are found in Obigbo and Egbema.
Let's look inwards and find a way to strengthen our bond with our fellow Igbos in SE and even the ones in Isobo, Benue and Enu-ani, deal head on with every type of discrimination or dehumanization of our people by fellow ignorant Igbos.
Pull funds together and deliver emergency relieve projects to neglected but proud Igbo groups like the Umuezekoha in Benue state who have been crying for our help since 2015 with no interventions coming from us. Just a few boreholes to relieve the people water needs, renovation of their dilapidated primary schools and provision of schooling materials to their people. Umahi can visit the governor of Benue state and liase on how to build small bridges and few roads that their absence had cut those Igbo communities off from development.
There is a whole lot more we can do for ourselves in SE and for proud Igbos outside SE. This whole obsession with some confused power drunk Bini people in Rivers state,whose ancestors adopted and corrupted our Igbo language is very unhealthy for us politically speaking and needs to stop.

"Igboid" what happened to that old but much cherished moniker of yours?
Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater! What then happens to people like me who's been working hard towards reorienting our people? You can't deny me of my Igbo heritage Mr. Pazienza! I am proudly Ekpeye just as you are proudly Idemili: but we both have something in common I.e., our shared pan igboid aspirations.
May God bless the Igboid race.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by nextdoor84(m): 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2020
gidgiddy:
What I see about Rivers state is that there is some sort of identity crisis going on there. Many people dont know who they are any more. Ogoni, Ikwerre, Kalabari, Okrika, Etche, Ekpeye, Ahoada and everyone else are claiming to be 'distinct ethnic nationalities'. The politics of Oil has turned some people into robots.

I was shocked to see someone from Chokocho in Etche who said that Etches are not Igbo, only to find out that the same person is from a family of Ijaws who settled in Etche many years ago. Give him another 20 years and he will says that Etches are Ijaw.

Sometimes I think that Rivers state should divided up. All the Igbo speaking groups from Ikwerre to Ahoada to Obigbo to Omuma should continue as Rivers state while all non Igbo speaking should either be a separate state or carved into Bayelsa
Bro you are spot on! We want the riverine folks to have their new state "oil Rivers". With these folks out of the way, perhaps my people can now see that the war ended in 1970.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by nextdoor84(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
eduj:

my brother tell them make they listen!!! it's not about who's DNA is igbo, it's about who accepts being igbo!!! we forget what the ikwerre did after the war and are still doing or is it the ijaw that mobilised and trained 1000 fighters to harass biafran Forces while The feds landed in ph -what about the peeps in asaba that wore white and danced to welcome the invading fed Forces (if not for that massacre, today they would deny being igbo) . Non of this groups have our interest at heart,anyone who has lived with them -even at the Nysc camp would know how igbophobic these tribes are.
Let us focus on the core SE states and what is being achieved their, let us keep on licking our wounds because our time would soon come

So many communities in the SE also waved the white flags to surrender to the fed forces! Don't make it look like it was only done among the SS Igbos. We are talking about survival here, you are talking nonsense. Left with no option but death and total destruction; your very own community would've done worse and even deny the igbo race.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Coldie(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

We can only continue preaching until the message sinks in completely into the hearts of our people.
I don't know how we became this overtly emotional and less pragmatic as people. It gives me shivers.
If u say u no be Igbo I don't have the leanest iota of strength to beg u. One day those people deceiving them would show them there real colour.

Just as Yoruba's will tell u there are no igbos in the south south, but when u go to the west for Nysc they would be calling you omoigbi unapologetic even when u are from akwa ibom, these same people would Still come and tell u there are no igbos outside south east.

That's how they would deceive them, the ancestor of ikwerre is from Benin according to the but they lost there Benin language due to there proximity to Igbo land and are there fore either Ikwerre or Benin people, but Jaja of opobo that's well documented as an Igbo man who was the ancestor of the opobos. But opobo is ijaw speaking and is ijaw Land.

I don't have strength to argue with anybody if u like claim Hausa ancestor its not my concern
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

Exactly. We need to love ourselves more.
The Ebonyi people deserve unreserved apology from the Ignorant people amongst us who had one way or the other abused or demeaned them,we all should do better to treat each other as brothers and with love.
We have to stop every iota of discrimination amongst us, embrace each other, be each others keepers, build each other, fight against any divisions based on states amongst us instigated by outsiders or enemies within (politicians) who thrive in dividing the people.
Reach out to Igbo groups like those in Benue that have been crying out for our intervention. Set up a fund raising program to be augmented by all SE states, then use the fund to show these brothers love.
We have too many things to do at home (SE) to be pokenosing into who wants to be Igbo and who doesn't.

By the way, were you talking about Issele-uku NYSC camp in Delta state?
Many Igbos who attended that camp always come back broken emotionally and with new perspectives of issues.
no, am talking about the imo state Nysc camp at Nkwerre.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by SlayerForever: 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2020
I don't think the Ikwerre were instigators of the abandoned property saga. That sounds like gross misinformation.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by SlayerForever: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
I've been with the Igbophobic elements from Anioma too and I can tell you it's all ignorance. They can see the obvious similarities with the rest of the Igbo nation and they find it very compelling. Sometimes they drop their guards and relate freely. Time and circumstances will reset all these identity crises, they are all IGBO.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
DateMynd44:
when Ikwerre people speak, do igbos understand?

I do understand Ikwerre more than Wawa especially Nsukka. It takes rapt attention on my part to figure out what a wawa person from Nuskka speaks.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2020
[quote author=DateMynd44 post=87717195] so why are they always irritated when I call them igbos? [/ quote]

They are the biblical Peter. grin grin grin
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
nextdoor84:

So many communities in the SE also waved the white flags to surrender to the fed forces! Don't make it look like it was only done among the SS Igbos. We are talking about survival here, you are talking nonsense. Left with no option but death and total destruction; your very own community would've done worse and even deny the igbo race.

Well, Let me hold this your view for now.

Sounds a bit convincing.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
PHijo:

To show how ignorant you are, except for Ogoni, Eleme and Ikwerre the rest are Ijaw clans.

For your information, Okrika is not a football field. What you don't know is bigger than you.

Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
Amarabae:
Ikwerres are not Igbos,
All these Igbos should go and rest.
Ikwerre is ikwerre.
Igbo is Igbo

Ikwerre are Ikwerre. I cannot hold the same lineage with a person who does not know his/her parentage. Ikwerre are not Igbo!!!
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

“When my father died at 40, he was a politician and also a principal. But he didn’t have much money. In those days, you had to keep your day job, even if you were a member of the House of Representatives. Yes, my mother, an Anambra woman, was a trader. She was richer than my dad, so my dad would borrow money from her to buy land and he never paid back. You know how it is with husband and wife.

“At the end of the war, I couldn’t go back to Port Harcourt. My home was abandoned property. Those of you who come from Port Harcourt know the story. The home that a widow, my father had only laid the foundation when he died in an accident; the building that a widow built was seized as an abandoned property.

“And living just adjacent to us on Hospital Road were the Ikokus. In fact, I thought we were related because every family in Port Harcourt was together. You didn’t care were anyone came from or who they were, whether you were from Port Harcourt or not. Every parent had the right to reprimand a child he/she saw misbehaving. Port Harcourt was a beautiful town, but we couldn’t get back to it.

“So, for me, the civil war never ended, it is still going on. My poor mother went back to Port Harcourt to claim her property and she was beaten into a coma by people whom she had helped all her life; people she had helped to send to school, because she is an Igbo woman and now Port Harcourt belonged to another group of people".

~Onyeka Onwenu

Garden City will never be the same again. As far as I am concerned, nothing defines Nigeria more than Nigeria/Biafra war.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by PHijo(m): 12:27am On Mar 26, 2020
Dasuks:

Lol as if u guys do not disrespect the Ogonis day in, day out ? You do not know the role ur Ada George Oga played in that saga ? Or ur big elders/professionals in PH and in Shell ? Abacha just acted on his own ? before ofc u hijacked their struggle.. las las una don bellefull shey ? hahaha .. All ur militant boys are now ogas themselves. And uhm.. A lot of them would hurt u for the sake of Wike , upon all this ur noise :p.
Money is all that ur boys want. I mean that's all Rivers ppl in general see lol.

Btw Tinubu what ? I dont get that part.

U guys should use ur energy and collect na let's see. Ure not getting there without any help from Ikwerres and Uplanders? Like I said pls use ur 20k votes and win the election. Ikwerres will still produce the OBALGA and PHALGA result. Let us not forget more than 200k from Emohua and Ikwerre LGA... hahah. we will chop ur Soku oil well well. Drink it even... Thank goodness the court gave it back. It is OURS.. Ur oil, ur land and ur heritage, U are in Rivers state not in Ijaw Republic.

Ur Bayelsa is a massive failure btw. Can't imagine what your country will be like. Pls enjoy this Nigeria. Cos u cant complain just because it doesn't favor u between 1999 and now. You over enjoyed 1967 to the 90s. So shush my brother. Oil money will be spent in OBALGA, PHALGA etc. Btw everybody does have oil, nut I know you lot get too carried away with ur so called oil money and wealth.

Please do compete for ur election victory in 2023 or 27. And bring out ppl with more wight than ur usual Princewill, Dumo and lol.. Tonye Cole. Whatever tho, you're just an Ijaw supremacist. The L u took at the national elections in 2015 should have humbled you guys.. You have only one election u can comfortably win.. that's Bayelsa guber.. where it's Ijaws facing each other. Rivers is cancelled for now.

Nobody will hurt his brother on behalf Wike or any other politician. Rather it the likes of Wike killing young men and blaming others with the hope of causing confusion and making it impossible for the real results to be announced. With the false impression they give, federal agencies or their personnel are unable to perform their constitutional duties and will have to fall back on the doctored reports provided by such individuals.

You do not know what money is, if you know what it is you will know why Dangote have never contested for any political position in Nigeria.

To start with, you don't know what we [Ijaw] want to collect. We collect from God not from man. All of you are too small to give us anything we need.

Our oil, our land and our heritage can never be yours. You Ikwerres have been eating crumbs and leftovers from the plates and table of Fulani and their Yoruba partners. The Ijaws don't swipe plates. We eat from the source. Yes, you manipulate the polls of the entire state, not just PHLGA and OBALGA. That is why you lack any moral right to speak against Buhari, his APC.

Like I said earlier, the state does not deserve refined minds. The likes of Chief Dumo Lulu-Briggs, Tonye Cole etc did not participate because they wanted to win by ALL means necessary. If you imagined my people could kill because of Wike, are there no people in our place they could kill for?
Before Wike had access to government funds what was his net worth?
If it was a case of highest bidder could an unknown Obio/Akpor based charge and bail 'lawyer' be able to afford the number of miscreants needed to turn the political tides in his favour?

You Ikwerres have benefited from the benevolence of your neighbours.

From 1967 to the 90s, further displayed your gross ignorance. Within this timeframe the state had mostly non-Rivers governors. Between 1967 and 1970 there was no semblance of governance in the whole of Rivers state with the exception of Bonny that had Ken Saro-Wiwa as administrator. Between 1979 and 1983 Chief Melford Okilo was the executive governor of the state. Between 1992 and 1993 Chief Ada-George was governor.
This Ijaw domination some of you talk about is pure propaganda!

Out the the over 50 years Rivers has existed, a Rivers Ijaw governed for 18 months. Another Ijaw from present day Bayelsa governed for about 4 years. The other Ijaw who governed for about 5 years was a military appointee.

You Ikwerre are shameless! Comparing Rivers state that is over 50 years with Bayelsa that is less than 30 years!

Of all the factories and schools Spiff and Okilo built, how many have you been able to maintain not to talk adding new ones!

It is people don't know you that have time for your rants.

2015 national election we didn't collect any L. Some people thought they were punishing Jonathan or Ijaw people if they did not vote him. Those that collected their L and learnt the lesson have been going to Otuoke to ask for forgiveness. It is after "COVIC 1-9 birus" I ask you guys how market?
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 26, 2020
PHijo:

Nobody will hurt his brother on behalf Wike or any other politician. Rather it the likes of Wike killing young men and blaming others with the hope of causing confusion and making it impossible for the real results to be announced. With the false impression they give, federal agencies or their personnel are unable to perform their constitutional duties and will have to fall back on the doctored reports provided by such individuals.

You do not know what money is, if you know what it is you will know why Dangote have never contested for any political position in Nigeria.

To start with, you don't know what we [Ijaw] want to collect. We collect from God not from man. All of you are too small to give us anything we need.

Our oil, our land and our heritage can never be yours. You Ikwerres have been eating crumbs and leftovers from the plates and table of Fulani and their Yoruba partners. The Ijaws don't swipe plates. We eat from the source. Yes, you manipulate the polls of the entire state, not just PHLGA and OBALGA. That is why you lack any moral right to speak against Buhari, his APC.

Like I said earlier, the state does not deserve refined minds. The likes of Chief Dumo Lulu-Briggs, Tonye Cole etc did not participate because they wanted to win by ALL means necessary. If you imagined my people could kill because of Wike, are there no people in our place they could kill for?
Before Wike had access to government funds what was his net worth?
If it was a case of highest bidder could an unknown Obio/Akpor based charge and bail 'lawyer' be able to afford the number of miscreants needed to turn the political tides in his favour?

You Ikwerres have benefited from the benevolence of your neighbours.

From 1967 to the 90s, further displayed your gross ignorance. Within this timeframe the state had mostly non-Rivers governors. Between 1967 and 1970 there was no semblance of governance in the whole of Rivers state with the exception of Bonny that had Ken Saro-Wiwa as administrator. Between 1979 and 1983 Chief Melford Okilo was the executive governor of the state. Between 1992 and 1993 Chief Ada-George was governor.
This Ijaw domination some of you talk about is pure propaganda!

Out the the over 50 years Rivers has existed, a Rivers Ijaw governed for 18 months. Another Ijaw from present day Bayelsa governed for about 4 years. The other Ijaw who governed for about 5 years was a military appointee.

You Ikwerre are shameless! Comparing Rivers state that is over 50 years with Bayelsa that is less than 30 years!

Of all the factories and schools Spiff and Okilo built, how many have you been able to maintain not to talk adding new ones!

It is people don't know you that have time for your rants.

2015 national election we didn't collect any L. Some people thought they were punishing Jonathan or Ijaw people if they did not vote him. Those that collected their L and learnt the lesson have been going to Otuoke to ask for forgiveness. It is after "COVIC 1-9 birus" I ask you guys how market?

Crumbs from Fulani and Yoruba partners hahaha. 2015 was an L. You fake majority called Ijaw or Ijo whatever.

U lot helped make useless Wike Governor. What do I care. Ur mama installed the clown lol. Regardless he's an Ikwerre man so yea whatever. Just dont cry victim cos it was 'Wike or nothing' for u guys.

Why the change of heart ?

Ur allocation ends up at Govt house. Btw let's not forget there's the oil from everywhere that ends up in that pool. Omoku is the king of oil in the state afterall.

U wanna act like u guys weren't cool with the military and had their ear ? Ikwerres only got a shot post 1999.... u dominated evrybody in this state. And stop throwing around Ogpni like u care about them. Ijo supremacists have never had regard for Ogoni.

U always threaten up and down lol. And btw ur ppl have already killed for Wike and Amaechi... for all the talk about being smart why perpetrate violence in ur communities during elections ? U lot are really Einsteins lol..

Ijo should move to Bayelsa and contest, but u cant take the oil. U will mever take it. It belongs to Rivers haha. After Hausa Fulani conquer u, Ikwerre and upland are conquering u in ur home land. Hahahah I cant laugh. U have no manners and 2015-like results will keep on happening till u learn manners and play politics without the chip on ur shoulder.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Area4Area: 1:23am On Mar 26, 2020
Dedetwo:

Garden City will never be the same again. As far as I am concerned, nothing defines Nigeria more than Nigeria/Biafra war.
Igbos should just forget about PH, prospects aren't nice.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by WorWorBoy: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bonny speaks Igbo
Opobo speaks Igbo
Kalahari had been colonised by Igbo

What s left again

You are looking for a fight right? grin grin Smh
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by jamesversion: 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
pazienza:
Some of our people have decided to be playing the Ostrich on "Rivers people" issues. But we would be here to keep reminding them.

How can Wike be using money meant for entire Rivers state to be developing only his Ikwerre that produces next to no crude oil, and have the temerity to be rubbing it in their faces.

Rather than stay away from it all, our people are here claiming Ikwerre and Wike. A people who have said more worst things about us than anyone else had. Are we mad? Don't we deserve some peace of mind?

Ikwerre is not Igbo. And if they know what is good for them, they should stop this unnecessary arrogance and rather learn diplomacy to cooperate with their benefactors, the Ijaws.
Because sooner than later, things will change, the Ijaws in Rivers will have their Bayelsa brothers to help them, but Ikwerre would discover just how far away Bini and Edo state, their ancestral homeland, are from Rivers.

It's not like the Ijaws are any better. They did worst in the old Rivers state. But again, that's none of our business. Let's mind our business.

Bring all the Ijaws in Bayelsa and Delta and add them to the ones in Rivers, Ikwerre will still win. The figures from Phalga and Obalga is way too massive. Game changer
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
jamesversion:

Bring all the Ijaws in Bayelsa and Delta and add them to the ones in Rivers, Ikwerre will still win. The figures from Phalga and Obalga is way too massive. Game changer

It's the Igbo population in those places that is the game changer.
Once we succeed in emotionally detaching the Igbo from Ikwerres.
Once we get the Igbos to start seeing Ikwerres for who they are. Once Ndiigbo understand that Ikwerres are no different from Ijaw, that both groups are independent ethnic groups looking out for their own interests.
The playing field would be leveled for Ijaw.

The Igbo can simply negotiate with whoever is willing to protect their business interests in Ph, and whoever promises them security and lesser taxation, irrespective of their ethnicity or political party and then vote for them.
It would no longer be a case of Igbo votes being an automatic birth right of Ikwerres, just because Ikwerres bear Igbo sounding names or speak Igbo language.

Ndiigbo need to rise above sentiments and start playing interest based politics.

Wike and his boys showed Igbo business men in PH pepper these last few years, taxation upon taxation, demolition of businesses, etc.
Wasn't funny. If it was done by Fashola or an Adamu, Ndiigbo would have started shouting on social media, but the Ikwerres are the perfect wolves in sheep clothing for the Igbo.
My job is to uncloth them for Ndiigbo to see better.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by jamesversion: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2020
pazienza:

It's the Igbo population in those places that is the game changer.
Once we succeed in emotionally detaching the Igbo from Ikwerres.
Once we get the Igbos to start seeing Ikwerres for who they are. Once Ndiigbo understand that Ikwerres are no different from Ijaw, that both groups are independent ethnic groups looking out for their own interests.
The playing field would be leveled for Ijaw.

The Igbo can simply negotiate with whoever is willing to protect their business interests in Ph, and whoever promises them security and lesser taxation, irrespective of their ethnicity or political party and then vote for them.
It would no longer be a case of Igbo votes being an automatic birth right of Ikwerres, just because Ikwerres bear Igbo sounding names or speak Igbo language.

Ndiigbo need to rise above sentiments and start playing interest based politics.

Wike and his boys showed Igbo business men in PH pepper these last few years, taxation upon taxation, demolition of businesses, etc.
Wasn't funny. If it was done by Fashola or an Adamu, Ndiigbo would have started shouting on social media, but the Ikwerres are the perfect wolves in sheep clothing for the Igbo.
My job is to uncloth them for Ndiigbo to see better.

First, you need to understand that everyone living in Phalga and Obalga is counted as Ikwerre votes. That includes every Nigerian nationality, including the Ijaws and foreigners alike. If you feel Igbos are the only group with large population in Rivers, then you are mistaken. Akwa Ibom, Yorubas and Northerners have a sizeable population. What about the population of Indigenous Riverians.

Secondly, it will interest you to know that you can sit at home or travel to Anambra and your votes will still count in Rivers election and it will be counting steady for Ikwerres. We control the wards and units and our people know the exact figures that are registered in those places. They will simply fill them in as always and nobody will cough. It is the way election is won and lost in Rivers. Nobody complain. It is normal service.

Thirdly, due to the way Nigeria is structured, no matter how long SE Igbos live and do Business in Rivers, aren't Riverians. To you, Ikwerre may be a devil to Igbos, but it is best to do business with the Known devil than harvouring this unfounded feeling of importance cos ive explained earlier why it will fail. And the slightest notion that you were going about Rivers negotiating with other groups, interfering with the Dynamics of Rivers State will be bad for business for the Igbos. Except maybe, Abonnema can contain all SE Igbos living in Rivers, cos Abonnema is the biggest town the Ijaws boast of in Rivers and Ikwerreland will be too hot to live in.

Just learn to endure your prevailing circumstances, maybe with time our historians will remember we came from Awka and not Benin. Just Maybe.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by jamesversion: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2020
pazienza:

Exactly. We need to love ourselves more.
The Ebonyi people deserve unreserved apology from the Ignorant people amongst us who had one way or the other abused or demeaned them,we all should do better to treat each other as brothers and with love.
We have to stop every iota of discrimination amongst us, embrace each other, be each others keepers, build each other, fight against any divisions based on states amongst us instigated by outsiders or enemies within (politicians) who thrive in dividing the people.
Reach out to Igbo groups like those in Benue that have been crying out for our intervention. Set up a fund raising program to be augmented by all SE states, then use the fund to show these brothers love.
We have too many things to do at home (SE) to be pokenosing into who wants to be Igbo and who doesn't.

By the way, were you talking about Issele-uku NYSC camp in Delta state?
Many Igbos who attended that camp always come back broken emotionally and with new perspectives of issues.

You need to understand Dynamics at play. What does Umuezekoha and Ebonyi people bring to the Igbo table? In a world motivated by financial and material gains, who are the Ebonyians and ndi-Umuezekoha and what are they contributing, except brotherhood.

If SS Igboid ethnicities with oil and gas and placed in strategic locations dey form hard to get, people living in forgotten bushes and mountainous regions also want to form? Guy abeg relax, Nigeria is a crazy place and every ethnicity will do what it takes to milk Nigeria of resources. Takes Umuezekoha from Benue and put them in Bonny and see how them go dey pose, dey form for everybody.

Abeg IPOB, make una carry una wahala dey go.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

First, you need to understand that everyone living in Phalga and Obalga is counted as Ikwerre votes. That includes every Nigerian nationality, including the Ijaws and foreigners alike. If you feel Igbos are the only group with large population in Rivers, then you are mistaken. Akwa Ibom, Yorubas and Northerners have a sizeable population. What about the population of Indigenous Riverians.

Secondly, it will interest you to know that you can sit at home or travel to Anambra and your votes will still count in Rivers election and it will be counting steady for Ikwerres. We control the wards and units and our people know the exact figures that are registered in those places. They will simply fill them in as always and nobody will cough. It is the way election is won and lost in Rivers. Nobody complain. It is normal service.

Thirdly, due to the way Nigeria is structured, no matter how long SE Igbos live and do Business in Rivers, aren't Riverians.
To you, Ikwerre may be a devil to Igbos, but it is best to do business with the Known devil than harvouring this unfounded feeling of importance cos ive explained earlier why it will fail. And the slightest notion that you were going about Rivers negotiating with other groups, interfering with the Dynamics of Rivers State will be bad for business for the Igbos. Except maybe, Abonnema can contain all SE Igbos living in Rivers, cos Abonnema is the biggest town the Ijaws boast of in Rivers and Ikwerreland will be too hot to live in.

Just learn to endure your prevailing circumstances, maybe with time our historians will remember we came from Awka and not Benin. Just Maybe.

One of the reasons the two sons of Igbo from Rivers State, not particularly Ikwerr, resigned from Rivers State government in exile led by Diete-Spiff was inclusion of mainland of Rivers State as riverians. Even as goofy as the so-called Ogbaku Ikwerr has being characterized, it has publicly rejected the inclusion of Ikwerr land and other mainland terrains in Rivers State as riverian areas.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by SonOfEl(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ipob what?....what nonsense

What is it everyone that observed such trash. It is at ur own will and not a necessity. Try and come with something strong.

Moreover I don't argue with anything IPOB, they are miscreants, animals and fools. They constitute danger to the society and must be decimated anywhere they are seen.

In short term...Ipob wu ndi ala ndi ala.

They are neither miscreants, animals nor fools. Quit the rant. They have their pursuit and they are following it dilligently. Let them be abeg.

You may not agree that ikwerre is an Igbo dialect, but indeed it is. The difference is that majority of them have decided to carve a new ethnicity for themselves. They can go ahead after all, ancient igboland comprised of villages and clans who were highly autonomous and Republican. Going from ngwa to ohuhu, or from orlu to awka, was like going from one country to another.

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

Thirdly, due to the way Nigeria is structured, no matter how long SE Igbos live and do Business in Rivers, aren't Riverians. To you, Ikwerre may be a devil to Igbos, but it is best to do business with the Known devil than harvouring this unfounded feeling of importance cos ive explained earlier why it will fail. And the slightest notion that you were going about Rivers negotiating with other groups, interfering with the Dynamics of Rivers State will be bad for business for the Igbos. Except maybe, Abonnema can contain all SE Igbos living in Rivers, cos Abonnema is the biggest town the Ijaws boast of in Rivers and Ikwerreland will be too hot to live in.

Nigeria will not remain like this forever. Eventually, electoral reforms would happen that would make it impossible to throw up wuruwuru figures. It happened in our exam system. I remember when it was so easy to impersonate and do other exam frauds in Nigerian exams like WAEC or JAMB, now electronic bio data capturing and other measures have put those things in check.

Alternatively, maybe Igbos resident in Ph can consider all going to Obiigbo and register.
This will cut Ikwerre tails, give the Igbos of Rivers state more relevance as they would have more bargaining chip. If all Igbos in Rivers state register at Obiigbo, Obiigbo will become the game changer in Rivers politics, and the Igbo indgenes of Obigbo will have more bargaining power.
They can produce Deputy by simply aligning with the Riverines to nullify Ikwerres, if the Riverine candidate agrees to favourable business and taxation policies for Ndiigbo and to provide better infrastructures for Obiigbo.

@Amarabae. What do you think about the above
Things change.
There are other Nigerian ethnic groups in Rivers state, but non as big as the Igbo population, I am sure you are well aware of this.

Ndiigbo don't have to endure any nonsense from Ikwerre or any group, we take our destiny into our own hands, we chart our course. No one has time to wait for Ikwerres. If only we can wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

If you believe what your typed @bolded then losing relevance in politics won't be long in ever dynamic electoral reforms going on daily. I will be a fool to make such statement.. knowing fully well has electoral reforms are now affecting provision of million votes by states who does that before.

Rivers produces a million votes past years but wasn't same last year...That will tell you something...and if mistakenly clean electronic voting is put in place then you will count your losses heavily in future election.

Be guided in bloated utterances...

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2020
pazienza:

Nigeria will not remain like this forever. Eventually, electoral reforms would happen that would make it impossible to throw up wuruwuru figures. It happened in our exam system. I remember when it was so easy to impersonate and do other exam frauds in Nigerian exams like WAEC or JAMB, now electronic bio data capturing and other measures have put those things in check.

Alternatively, maybe Igbos resident in Ph can consider all going to Obiigbo and register.
This will cut Ikwerre tails, give the Igbos of Rivers state more relevance as they would have more bargaining chip. If all Igbos in Rivers state register at Obiigbo, Obiigbo will become the game changer in Rivers politics, and the Igbo indgenes of Obigbo will have more bargaining power.
They can produce Deputy by simply aligning with the Riverines to nullify Ikwerres, if the Riverine candidate agrees to favourable business and taxation policies for Ndiigbo and to provide better infrastructures for Obiigbo.

@Amarabae. What do you think about the above
Things change.
There are other Nigerian ethnic groups in Rivers state, but non as big as the Igbo population, I am sure you are well aware of this.

Ndiigbo don't have to endure any nonsense from Ikwerre or any group, we take our destiny into our own hands, we chart our course. No one has time to wait for Ikwerres. If only we can wake up.

Not even that..The electoral system is changing everyday by day..

So he will take his statement back someday.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Was that Igbo that he is speaking?
no he speaks Chinese
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by pazienza(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

You need to understand Dynamics at play. What does Umuezekoha and Ebonyi people bring to the Igbo table? In a world motivated by financial and material gains, who are the Ebonyians and ndi-Umuezekoha and what are they contributing, except brotherhood.

If SS Igboid ethnicities with oil and gas and placed in strategic locations dey form hard to get, people living in forgotten bushes and mountainous regions also want to form? Guy abeg relax, Nigeria is a crazy place and every ethnicity will do what it takes to milk Nigeria of resources. Takes Umuezekoha from Benue and put them in Bonny and see how them go dey pose, dey form for everybody.

Abeg IPOB, make una carry una wahala dey go.

Oil is not so lucrative these days, is it?
All riverine Igboid groups are landlocked and have no real access to the Sea, so they will not bring in the real money spinner, ie offshore oil wells to Ndiigbo if we accept them.
Ikwerre in particular don't seem to have that much oil wells , you are dependent on Ijaw offshore oil derivation. Offshore is the main deal and why Akwa ibom is currently the highest oil producing state in Nigeria. If Ijaws get oil Rivers state which would eventually happen, they will corner all the current Offshore oil derivation from Rivers state, and whatever is remaining of Rivers state will be like Abia or Imo, as far as oil derivation is involved.

Umezekhoha and Ebonyi brings arable lands, hardworking populace and most importantly, allegiance and solidarity to Ndiigbo.
They bring freshness, air of kinship, and who knows what new mineral resources that would be found there tomorrow. Ebonyi produce large quantity of limestone which is essential in building and infrastructure. Go to Abakaliki, they are making Igbos proud there. With the vast fertile lands of Ebonyi, we can be another Netherlands in terms of agriculture.
Ebonyi has 13LGAs, gives us three more voices in terms of representation at the Senate on crucial issues involving the Igbo nation.
What exactly will Ikwerre 3LGA and their cotravellers bring to Ndiigbo, once Ijaw leaves with their crude oil wealth? Remember you still have scores to settle with Ijaw on PH. These are all distractions Ndiigbo can do without.

Anambra and Imo sit on huge reserves of natural gas already yet to be tapped.

I personally don't see what Ikwerre as a group can bring on the table to Ndiigbo, I think you have nothing to offer, other than shouting our Oyel, our Oyel, if it's up to me , I would lock you and your Ogba, Etche and Ekpeye cousins out of Igbo entirely. And when the time is right, I would use you all to negotiate with Ijaw, the owners of Niger delta republic for safe passage through Obuaku to the sea.
Infact, part of the reasons I don't want Ikwerres in Igboland, is that I sense we might need to one day negotiate with Ijaws for safe passage through Imo river or Niger River to the Atlantic , knowing how Ikwerres are deep in battle for soul of Ph with Ijaws, not having Ikwerres in our midst and rather using them as bargaining chip with the Ijaws, would be a very profitable venture, especially if Nigeria ceases to exist and the influence of Hausa Fulani becomes reduced in the area.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Yujin(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

Hmmm. Nwanza's belly is full little wonder he summoned the courage to challenge his chi. Ngwanu, n'ubochi nta, anyi achuo n'owere nchi.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Yujin(m): 9:38am On Mar 28, 2020
pazienza:

Oil is not so lucrative these days, are they?
All riverine Igboid groups are landlocked and have no real access to the Sea, so they will not bring in the real money spinner, ie offshore oil wells to Ndiigbo if we accept them.
Ikwerre in particular don't seem to have that much oil wells , you are dependent on Ijaw offshore oil derivation. Offshore is the main deal and why Akwa ibom is currently the highest oil producing state in Nigeria. If Ijaws get oil Rivers state which would eventually happen, they will corner all the current Offshore oil derivation from Rivers state, and whatever is remaining of Rivers state will be like Abia or Imo, as far as oil derivation is involved.

Umezekhoha and Ebonyi brings arable lands, hardworking populace and most importantly, allegiance and solidarity to Ndiigbo.
They bring freshness, air of kinship, and who knows what new mineral resources that would be found there tomorrow. Ebonyi produce large quantity of limestone which is essential in building and infrastructure. Go to Abakaliki, they are making Igbos proud there. With the vast fertile lands of Ebonyi, we can be another Netherlands in terms of agriculture.
Ebonyi has 13LGAs, gives us three more voices in terms of representation at the Senate on crucial issues involving the Igbo nation.
What exactly will Ikwerre 3LGA and their cotravellers bring to Ndiigbo, once Ijaw leaves with their crude oil wealth? Remember you still have scores to settle with Ijaw on PH. This are all distractions Ndiigbo can do without.

Anambra and Imo sits on huge reserves of natural gas already yet to be tapped.

I personally don't see what Ikwerre as a group can bring on the table to Ndiigbo, I think you have nothing to offer, other than shouting our Oyel, our Oyel, if it's up to me , I would lock you and your Ogba, Etche and Ekpeye cousins out of Igbo entirely. And when the time is right, I would use you all to negotiate with Ijaw, the owners of Niger delta republic for safe passage through Obuaku to the sea.
Infact, part of the reasons I don't want Ikwerres in Igboland, is that I sense we might need to one day negotiate with Ijaws for safe passage through Imo river or Niger River to the Atlantic , knowing how Ikwerres are deep in battle for soul of Ph with Ijaws, not having Ikwerres in our midst and rather using them as bargaining chip with the Ijaws, would be a very profitable venture, especially if Nigeria ceases to exist and the influence of Hausa Fulani becomes reduced in the area.
Nnam I kwuka! Aghasana mkpuru aku n'owere ka ndiiro ghara ifu ife fa ya eji maa gi iche.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer / Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.