Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (12009 Views)

Tribalism In Lagos; Other Ethnic Nationalities Speaking Out / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Yujin(m): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2020
jamesversion:

You need to understand Dynamics at play. What does Umuezekoha and Ebonyi people bring to the Igbo table? In a world motivated by financial and material gains, who are the Ebonyians and ndi-Umuezekoha and what are they contributing, except brotherhood.

If SS Igboid ethnicities with oil and gas and placed in strategic locations dey form hard to get, people living in forgotten bushes and mountainous regions also want to form? Guy abeg relax, Nigeria is a crazy place and every ethnicity will do what it takes to milk Nigeria of resources. Takes Umuezekoha from Benue and put them in Bonny and see how them go dey pose, dey form for everybody.

Abeg IPOB, make una carry una wahala dey go.
Lol. Onyeara. You should have it at the back of your mind that that particular chick forming hard to get is always disgraced after enduring all her shit. Such awaits all of you who think you're in the spotlight at the moment. On an average level, most Igbos from SE live better lives than you from SS and Rivers particularly. Until you guys realize that our extending of the hand of brotherhood is based purely on ethnic relationship and not for any economic gains, you'll continue to shoot yourselves in the feet. You find it so easy to insult us and even mock us simply because of our fraternity with you. You can see that some of us are starting reject your foolishness and decided to take it up with you. You stand no chance.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by Dedetwo(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2020
pazienza:

Oil is not so lucrative these days, are they?
All riverine Igboid groups are landlocked and have no real access to the Sea, so they will not bring in the real money spinner, ie offshore oil wells to Ndiigbo if we accept them.
Ikwerre in particular don't seem to have that much oil wells , you are dependent on Ijaw offshore oil derivation. Offshore is the main deal and why Akwa ibom is currently the highest oil producing state in Nigeria. If Ijaws get oil Rivers state which would eventually happen, they will corner all the current Offshore oil derivation from Rivers state, and whatever is remaining of Rivers state will be like Abia or Imo, as far as oil derivation is involved.

Umezekhoha and Ebonyi brings arable lands, hardworking populace and most importantly, allegiance and solidarity to Ndiigbo.
They bring freshness, air of kinship, and who knows what new mineral resources that would be found there tomorrow. Ebonyi produce large quantity of limestone which is essential in building and infrastructure. Go to Abakaliki, they are making Igbos proud there. With the vast fertile lands of Ebonyi, we can be another Netherlands in terms of agriculture.
Ebonyi has 13LGAs, gives us three more voices in terms of representation at the Senate on crucial issues involving the Igbo nation.
What exactly will Ikwerre 3LGA and their cotravellers bring to Ndiigbo, once Ijaw leaves with their crude oil wealth? Remember you still have scores to settle with Ijaw on PH. This are all distractions Ndiigbo can do without.

Anambra and Imo sits on huge reserves of natural gas already yet to be tapped.

I personally don't see what Ikwerre as a group can bring on the table to Ndiigbo, I think you have nothing to offer, other than shouting our Oyel, our Oyel, if it's up to me , I would lock you and your Ogba, Etche and Ekpeye cousins out of Igbo entirely. And when the time is right, I would use you all to negotiate with Ijaw, the owners of Niger delta republic for safe passage through Obuaku to the sea.
Infact, part of the reasons I don't want Ikwerres in Igboland, is that I sense we might need to one day negotiate with Ijaws for safe passage through Imo river or Niger River to the Atlantic , knowing how Ikwerres are deep in battle for soul of Ph with Ijaws, not having Ikwerres in our midst and rather using them as bargaining chip with the Ijaws, would be a very profitable venture, especially if Nigeria ceases to exist and the influence of Hausa Fulani becomes reduced in the area.

Nwannem, Nigeria is crazy place. This moronic offshore crude oil deal will cease to exit the moment one or two states seemed to enjoy the benefit of the draconian setup and no kick backs to major stakeholders in Nigeria. Offshore crude oil belongs to entire Nigeria or Nigerians because state or region is not recognized when exclusive economic zone is decided and only a country is considered. The contiguous zone or territorial waters belong to Nigeria not Rivers State, Delta State or Akwa Ibom State. However everything in Nigeria is followed with a mark idiotic mannerism. I think the Igbo in Benue State are more that mere Umuezeokocha. Due to authority that lies with the area of jurisdiction, Ebony State or Enugu State cannot jump into the four LGAs in Benue State to exercise authority of influence either economically or otherwise. Who could believe that Obigbo could be turned into Oyigbo. The Igbo people in those LGAs in Benue State should move to join the rest of their brethren on pan Igbo organizational level. Although majority of Ikwerr peeps conveniently deny their Igbo ancestry, some Ikwerr dudes have made effort to join organization such as Ohanaeze. Bear in mind that certain folks had been brainwashed to believe in a mirage. There is a false sense of importance many outsiders have drummed into the ears of these Ikwerr peeps. One day, it will all come crashing to a bitter reality.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by jamesversion: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2020
pazienza:

Oil is not so lucrative these days, is it?
All riverine Igboid groups are landlocked and have no real access to the Sea, so they will not bring in the real money spinner, ie offshore oil wells to Ndiigbo if we accept them.
Ikwerre in particular don't seem to have that much oil wells , you are dependent on Ijaw offshore oil derivation. Offshore is the main deal and why Akwa ibom is currently the highest oil producing state in Nigeria. If Ijaws get oil Rivers state which would eventually happen, they will corner all the current Offshore oil derivation from Rivers state, and whatever is remaining of Rivers state will be like Abia or Imo, as far as oil derivation is involved.

Umezekhoha and Ebonyi brings arable lands, hardworking populace and most importantly, allegiance and solidarity to Ndiigbo.
They bring freshness, air of kinship, and who knows what new mineral resources that would be found there tomorrow. Ebonyi produce large quantity of limestone which is essential in building and infrastructure. Go to Abakaliki, they are making Igbos proud there. With the vast fertile lands of Ebonyi, we can be another Netherlands in terms of agriculture.
Ebonyi has 13LGAs, gives us three more voices in terms of representation at the Senate on crucial issues involving the Igbo nation.
What exactly will Ikwerre 3LGA and their cotravellers bring to Ndiigbo, once Ijaw leaves with their crude oil wealth? Remember you still have scores to settle with Ijaw on PH. These are all distractions Ndiigbo can do without.

Anambra and Imo sit on huge reserves of natural gas already yet to be tapped.

I personally don't see what Ikwerre as a group can bring on the table to Ndiigbo, I think you have nothing to offer, other than shouting our Oyel, our Oyel, if it's up to me , I would lock you and your Ogba, Etche and Ekpeye cousins out of Igbo entirely. And when the time is right, I would use you all to negotiate with Ijaw, the owners of Niger delta republic for safe passage through Obuaku to the sea.
Infact, part of the reasons I don't want Ikwerres in Igboland, is that I sense we might need to one day negotiate with Ijaws for safe passage through Imo river or Niger River to the Atlantic , knowing how Ikwerres are deep in battle for soul of Ph with Ijaws, not having Ikwerres in our midst and rather using them as bargaining chip with the Ijaws, would be a very profitable venture, especially if Nigeria ceases to exist and the influence of Hausa Fulani becomes reduced in the area.

You are a very uninformed person, if you feel Ijaws produce more oil than Uplanders. Why don't you get your facts right before posting it. Rivers does not have much offshore oil well, majority of oil produced in Rivers is produced Onshore and Majority of those is produced in Upland areas. That is the reason why Rivers Ijaws don't use oil as a clamour for governorship. Please educate yourself accordingly so as not appear inadequate.

Again, if you feel more states will be created in Nigeria, think again. in this time when the cost of governance is exponential and there's a clamour for it's reduction and even possible merger of states, you are typing in opposite direction. It's economically not feasible and even at that, if there's a split of present day Rivers, the ones created for Ijaws wouldn't have more oil than the ones for Uplanders as explained to you earlier.

Again, the usefulness of oil wouldn't exceed next 40yrs. Anyone who has it may as well plan on drinking it by then. The question remains what did u achieve with it and the way forward. Well, Ikwerres have achieved a while lot with Nigerian oil. By Nigerian standards, we have a large city with modern infrastructures to show for it as testament. We have enriched our people with oil proceeds. infact, We have properly placed ourselves. Going forward, we have enough resources and arable land for whatever kind of agriculture possible. So, nothing do us. If oil no get value again, Ikwerre will move on, knowing they benefitted immensely.

Igbos and seaport Sha. It's not as if you guys are exporting anything, only interested in importing all manner of fake, substandard, counterfeit goods from China and Taiwan with our hard earned foreign exchange, continually putting pressure on the Naira. Igbos are perpetually perpetrating economic sabotage on Nigerian. Use hard-earned dollars to import rubbish and sell at the price of original.
Re: Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? by MetaPhysical: 8:24am On Mar 30, 2020
EVILFOREST:

RIVERINE GOVERNORS are usually MAD. grin grin grin
That's one quality you must possess & present before the INEC to enable you qualify for the gubernatorial race.

MADNESS (Lack of Comportment) is a Normal quality in Rivers State and Deep Down South South.
Among the PASTORS, you will hear names like, MILITANT PASTOR, MILITARY BISHOP, EGBESU ANGEL.

No one votes for people like BEN MURRAY BRUCE, AJEMUOGOBIA, TONYE COLE.
U must possess OGOGORO QUALITIES to attract huge votes.
I am not surprised at all.

Rivers State has really gone to the dogs since we started seeing names like Peter Odili, Ngozichim Omehia, Chibuike Amechi, Nyesom Wike.
You don't need to be told what this means or what set of behavior to expect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Rescues 16 Kidnapped Women In Adamawa / Revenue Consultants Barricade Entrance To Government House In Makurdi (pics) / INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.