Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? (452 Views)

My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady / Tell Us About The Overly Religious Person You Dated Or Are Still Dating. / My Parents Don't Know I'm Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by medTechworld(f): 10:32am On Mar 24, 2020
Maybe I have seen this happening in movies but I know it has happened in real life as well. You love someone but when you introduce him or her to your parents, they get rejected.

This could be because of tribe, cultural social values or even religion. I don't understand why there should be barriers when people already love each other. What would you do if the person you love is not accepted by your parents?
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by tedimola(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2020
R
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by adexpa(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
The case is sensitive op. Many guys today dont take their time to do personal investigation of their partner after they meet, people just meet and agreed to date and that is all, but because parents had experiences, they always assist their children in doing some investigation after the guy is introduced or when theY saw seriousness in you guys. Aside spiritual(not religion) reasons, i dont think a reasonable parents should disagree with your choice and anytime they do they are expected to sit you down and explain( though, many parents do not explain because they knows you are in love and you can mess it up by going to your partner n tell him/her).
my Advice,
if you are not the type who normally take spiritual( not religious) steps before embarking on any big step you intend, if your parents question your choice, you have to sit them down to hear them out and know why. ( NEARLY ALL BIG MEN TAKE SPIRITUAL(NOT RELIGIOUS) LIFE SERIOUS.
for me, i always do my check myself and once i am done, nobody can tell me anything again...................IT TAKES MATURE GUY TO HAND THIS AND YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR CHECK IMMEDIATELY BEFORE YOU FALL IN LOVE AND BECOME DIFFICULT TO WITHDRAW.

RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE IS A BIG BUSINESS THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR.......LIFESTYLE, BUSINESS, FINANCE, FUTURE AND SCUCCESS........THAT IS WHY IT REQUIRE CAUTION AND THAT IS WHY PARENTS HELPS THEIR CHILDREN TO CHECK CUS YOUNG GUYS DONT CARE.

4 Likes

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
I think it depends on the reasons given. Are they flimsy or cogent?
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by Kintomadit(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
I’m scared of this issue like seriously.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by keenn: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
It doesn't matter if they like or not. It is just important you let them know who you are marrying, and of course invite them if they want to.

As regards their blessings, orphans get married, evenue rats and chickens sometimes have fruitful relationships regardless of if words were said for a wish to come true (prayer).

But if they are the ones sponsoring your wedding, then you must obey.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
What an elder sees sitting down, a child can never see even if he climbs the top of a palm tree. Word.

If my people say no, well...who am I?

1 Like

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
All ends when belle enter
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by chibueze76: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Based the conditions stated in advice you to follow them.from experience you will not in most occasions like the outcome later.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like The Person You Love? by Reichel99(f): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
Parents can only advise their adult children, they can't choose for them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Doubting Thomases, Topsquino Is Real / How To Turn A Lady (watch) / What Is Happening To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.