Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number (56371 Views)

Help! The NCDC People Are Asking For Money To Release Covid 19 Test Result / COVID-19: Questions For The NCDC And NMA / Coronavirus: The Ncdc Isn't Adding The Popular Cases To The Ones That They Are B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by ayo6hammiey(m): 12:25am On Mar 29, 2020
Does the lab has necessary kit to test for the virus? Yeah u might have had the typhoid and malaria but something like the virus may have caused it to manifest. Coughing and breathing issues isn't sign and symptoms of malaria or typhoid. Anything cough/breathing has to do with the lungs
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by chozzy: 12:41am On Mar 29, 2020
delerx:
Covid 19 belongs to SARs family. How many has SARs killed in Africa? Africans will die but it will not be catastrophic. Ebola is our own, covid 19 is for them. But trust the white they wish Africa baduck and our uncivilized people believe everything being told by their whiite generals.
Go online and read about SARs. Read about hydroxychloroquin. It's àctually used for rheumatic fever and Hepatitis (viral). Rheumatic fever is an auto immune fever.
Lagos State is using anti bodies from recovered patients to treat others.
For those who are wishing us bad because bubu is the president it is u and ur family that will die of Corono virus

Oga, though your assumptions are not backed up by any laboratory or scientific proofs but the complain here is about getting access to
Covid 19 testing and treatment in Nigeria. For god sake, why is it so difficult? You will call and call and call and call ... no response. When
you're fortune to get a response, they will never show up. Why's Nigeria like this?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ogaonos: 12:57am On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

How then do u explain the success of the Japanese approach (see below). They neither tested much nor shut down their society
we have pass d stage of preventive.buhari failed to prevent.what u saying about Japan approach is what d whole world is doing including Nigeria states but is back firing.u don't wait for Ur citizen to show symptoms Nd do contact tracing.causalities go high.like Italy .citizen door to door testing as we all stay indoor is d solution.if we can share such solution to our governors it will help alot.nd we be back to work sooner.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ogaonos: 1:02am On Mar 29, 2020
chozzy:

Oga, though your assumptions are not backed up by any laboratory or scientific proofs but the complain here is about getting access to
Covid 19 testing and treatment in Nigeria. For god sake, why is it so difficult? You will call and call and call and call ... no response. When
you're fortune to get a response, they will never show up. Why's Nigeria like this?

the governors should be partial in control of nscdc in their state fed govt has failed the governors should establish test lab in every ward Nd isolatn centre every local govt then do door to door testing of citizen.virus no dey hide for blood.these approach of waiting for Ur citizen to show symptoms go back fire.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 1:29am On Mar 29, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

Yes I understand they are not serious, but if I have any symptoms I am driving myself down there to get tested or cause commotion there.

Don't sit there, get someone to get you there or take yourself there.

I am better now. Many thanks for your concern

emmydiamon:
;DYou too funny, to come carry you for ambulance or with keke? I pity for my country Nigeria cause the way things is going right now Italy will be a child's play.

They should use their ambulance somewhere else grin I am better now. Thanks

softwerk:

Brother,

Are you not concerned that your lab result was not signed by anyone?!

Sister, In all sincerity checking signatures was the last thing on my mind that day, but considering it is a Government approved Diagnosis Centre and I wasn't with any doctor's report, I am not a bit concerned. I am okay now though, Thanks.

NairaMaster1:

This small malaria and typhoid?

Work on your immune systems

Yes Doctor cheesy I actually self treated with Antibiotics and Coartem a week before I broke down totall, but thanks for the advice, will work on my immune system.

stonecoldcafe:

It's not ok to be having regular treatment for typhoid. Malaria maybe a bit understandable (depending on your location) but not typhoid
Thank God you are better

Actually its been 5years since I was down that way and had to take injections, but every 3 months i get malaria and typhoid, maybe being O+ and AA is really a curse for me. Yes I am better now. Thank you.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by CanadaOrBust: 1:30am On Mar 29, 2020
Ogaonos:
we have pass d stage of preventive.buhari failed to prevent.what u saying about Japan approach is what d whole world is doing including Nigeria states but is back firing.u don't wait for Ur citizen to show symptoms Nd do contact tracing.causalities go high.like Italy .citizen door to door testing as we all stay indoor is d solution.if we can share such solution to our governors it will help alot.nd we be back to work sooner.

Ok, so why do u think it worked for Japan: they didn’t test much and they didn’t shut down their society - and they are next door to Wuhan!
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by chozzy: 1:34am On Mar 29, 2020
Ogaonos:
the governors should be partial in control of nscdc in their state fed govt has failed the governors should establish test lab in every ward Nd isolatn centre every local govt then do door to door testing of citizen.virus no dey hide for blood.these approach of waiting for Ur citizen to show symptoms go back fire.

Door to door testing is best but their constraint is the test kits. They don't have enough test kits.
Jac Ma donated just 20,000 test kits and it will run out soon.

These are areas we needed the president to intervene and coordinate. FG is supposed to have by now placed an order
for at least 10m test kits but they have not. Jac Ma's 20,000 test kits can only test at most 20,000 people whereas Lagos
alone require about 5m.

See, I foresee gloomy days ahead for Nigeria unless a Vaccine is discovered soon.

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Alexisliveonlin: 1:37am On Mar 29, 2020
How country Nigeria is just getting worst day by day [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 1:52am On Mar 29, 2020
Draught:
You can take all the time you want FG of Nigeria but ultimately we will be on lock down, when you all are ready let us know but bet this, today it's 90, next week it's gonna be in 500's.

A 3rd world country watches how late First World countries reacted to the Virus and struggles yet we dey here dey say God gat us.. Yes God gat us but only when when we help ourselves..

Deploy the Military to lock down Nigeria, cos there are wayyyy to many Covidiots floating around...

Lol Op I feel you when you said you held that cough, I entered taxi the last couple of days or so, I was wearing face mask and hand gloves and even paid for the extra front seat cos that's how it goes down in the Capital (2 in front, 4 at back) As soon as we left (fully populated obviously except just me in front seat) I felt rumbling in my throat!!! OMG I couldn't can, This is the first time ever I held a cough for more than 3 mins or so..every second felt like hell, I couldn't hold it anymore, I just blabbed loudly "Corona Virus is real" and then coughed, O boy that cough was sweet mehn...

Disclaimer : My cough was with phlegm not a persistent dry cough hence I wasn't harming the public + I had the blue side of the face mask facing outside...

Your disclaimer is funny to me grin Like you think some doctors here will blame you for coughing, but bros next time be careful where you cough, so they won't ask you out of the vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

sammirano:

Lolz what were you expecting.

Honestly now that I ask myself that too, I don't know the answer, especially now that our president is missinggrin

yom2:
do u think its that easy to just shut the whole place just like that. Have u considered the socio economic implications. The same u Nigerians that will still complain when they do. If ur bank account is in 6 digits. Others may not be that fortunate. Besides other countries who has mimic such measures has a well designed and implemented social welfare.

I dont think it's easy, but prevention is better than cure.

Dalby:

Corona only comes with contact, with an infected person. That is why your travel history is key. If they wasted a test kit for you, when those really infected comes there will be nothing to test them. NCDC is responding to a pandemic and they have to be prudent with scarce resources.

I get your point, but do you consider it a waste of test kit? One can never be too careful, have you thought of how many people that would have been infected if I had the virus?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 1:55am On Mar 29, 2020
Ogaonos:

Nigerians and most especially Lagosians are very stubborn in nature. It will only take the involvement of soldiers to force them to stay home.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Abanabaoghogho: 2:02am On Mar 29, 2020
It is a common practice in Nigeria for people to go to the lab when they are sick and carry the result to a nurse for injection, this practice is wrong, a lot of persons have died from it because they eventually present late to the hospital for proper evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
Next time when you're sick please visit a doctor, its not every time those lab investigation and injection are needed.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Cmanforall: 2:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:
Hello guys, Let me start by narrating my ordeal, about 2weeks ago I started having my regular symptoms of typhoid and malaria which is back pain, hot breathe, evening fever and change in urine colour, so i rushed to the pharmacy and got malaria drugs.

Fast forward to Saturday 21st,I started coughing but i didn't take it too seriously, but by midnight of that day I woke up with the worst fever and hallucination i have ever experienced, by Sunday morning the fever was gone, but then I had itchy/sore throat coupled with the cough, so i gargled salt and warm water and i got relief from the sore throat.

At exactly 6pm that Sunday, the fever returned but this time more serious than the last one and this time it lasted till Monday morning, at this point I was already on google searching for all the symptoms of CoronaVirus, instantly I called my nurse that I needed injection for malaria and typhoid and she told me no treatment unless i go for a test to confirm if its malaria and typhoid.

The thought of going to the Lab for test made me feel uneasy so i called the NCDC toll-free line (080097000010), I called for 12 good times and each time I was told to hold on but the call gets disconnected, I wasn't going to let myself die of ordinary Typhoid because I want to self isolate so i went to the Diagnosis centre with my nose mask on. At the centre i was dying inside, dying not because I was sick inside or I was afraid of what the result would bring, but dying because I was trying so hard to suppress the urge to cough, because I didn't want to scare people or spread whatever was wrong with me. After 2hrs the result was out and i had malaria and too much typhoid in my body system, I went home gave the nurse the result and she gave me 3 injections for the Malaria and typhoid, and I am much better now than yesterday,and she also prescribed Tutolin for my cough.

I read today about a Nairalander that called the NCDC line today to explain his symptoms and was told they only attend to people that had contact with someone who just came from travel outside Nigeria, with that I can only conclude that there is no seriousness in this Government to fight the Virus, right from the beginning they refused to close all point of entry in the country because they thought its child's play, now they wont even respond to Emergency calls.

Forget the nose mask, the hand sanitizer, once this gets to the common man in Nigeria, who believes they cant get the virus, who still believes the hot weather will kill the virus inside you, who believes the cure for every sickness is either paracetamol or antibiotics, then I am sorry to say, Nigeria might just become worse than italy

Stay safe guys, Stay indoors.

How come?
But Davido and his crew (31) all got tested.

How much is the test or is the test for free?
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 2:19am On Mar 29, 2020
Cmanforall:

How come?
But Davido and his crew (31) all got tested.

How much is the test or is the test for free?

The test is definitely free. There is also this Sydney Talker guy that wasn't tested even with serious symptoms, but guess Davido and his crew were tested because they werr high risk
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by favour32(m): 2:26am On Mar 29, 2020
Thank God for you but we don discover our way to neutralize covid19...if you know you know
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Nigeriapen(m): 2:50am On Mar 29, 2020
See What Senate President Lawan Told Buhari and NCDC

WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcN1mFSbk8
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Sterope(f): 4:20am On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by DedeNkem: 4:27am On Mar 29, 2020
When COVID 19 entered Nigeria and more cases in different States being announced, our useless and incompetent governor of Abia State, Ikpeazu, proudly claimed that the virus won't enter the State because Abia is the only State whose name is in the bible. That's what the idiot who claimed to possess a PhD, said!

Unfortunately, we've st*upid and incompetent "leaders" who are only good in looting public funds!
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Underarm: 4:36am On Mar 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Truth be told, the only thing that'll save Nigeria is if a cure is found on time. Otherwise, Nigeria is doomed. We're the most stupid and unserious nation on earth.

Without Coronavirus, Nigerians die on the streets anyhow.

imagine when Coronavirus start killing people.

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ladycewhy(f): 5:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

Well I am thinking that once I am done with my Malaria and typhoid treatment and I still notice the symptoms then I can call out those idiot NCDC on social media to come carry me.
wrong move bro. Except you are well connected, isolation centers will be nothing but a death trap for the common man . They will only carry you to dump in their delapidated centers or you think say na UK looking cubicle bed space them go give you? undecided.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by henrixx(m): 6:19am On Mar 29, 2020
NairaMaster1:

This small malaria and typhoid?

Work on your immune systems
do you know how long it has been in his body? and hope you know malaria and typhoid accumulates right?
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

They don’t understand there are cabals bigger than Trump who MUST make their money before u start talking of any cure or vaccine or such. U can’t just sidetrack them and start saying some drug seems to work. That’s one of the pitfalls of capitalism, though I still think it is better than the alternative.

Humans are nothing but numbers to the big pharmaceutical industry. The media is their willing tool for wiping up mass hysteria and fear. Only the social window is giving the masses an opportunity to stay alive in this rat race.

Just look at the billions been spent on acquiring ventilator and buying other hospital equipment like beds in just Nigeria alone. Money that could easily get those drugs and distribute even across the west African nations
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by JuanDeDios: 7:01am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:
Hello guys, Let me start by narrating my ordeal, about 2weeks ago I started having my regular symptoms of typhoid and malaria which is back pain, hot breathe, evening fever and change in urine colour, so i rushed to the pharmacy and got malaria drugs....
There's a shortage of test kids - that's why they're limiting tests to those who returned or have had contact. But once it's confirmed that it's spreading in the population they'll have to change that policy. I'm not excusing their incompetence in not responding to calls on time though.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

Your disclaimer is funny to me grin Like you think some doctors here will blame you for coughing, but bros next time be careful where you cough, so they won't ask you out of the vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

Honestly now that I ask myself that too, I don't know the answer, especially now that our president is missinggrin

I dont think it's easy, but prevention is better than cure.

I get your point, but do you consider it a waste of test kit? One can never be too careful, have you thought of how many people that would have been infected if I had the virus?

Sydney should go home and take and continue to hydrate. After all, there is ”no ” cure e centre he wants to go won't be of much use anyways.

He should meet his parents for all the local cures of those days for malaria... Like boiling herbs and covering himself with thick blanket over the steam.

If he has the coro or not, he would be creating himself without any side effect of every Jedi- Jedi in him
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by milliman(m): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Truth be told, the only thing that'll save Nigeria is if a cure is found on time. Otherwise, Nigeria is doomed. We're the most stupid and unserious nation on earth.

Stupid boy speak for yourself say you are the most stupid and unserious boy on earth you fool.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Abdbaba: 7:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Before this period I work from home. Now this period is here, we are forced to work from home. After the lockdown I will continue to work from home but all time it's for myself not anyone.

I will be teaching 3D and 2D animation and how I make money from it during this period and beyond. You can finally work for yourself with these skills. They are in high demands but no much professionals.

Join me now and start securing a brighter future.

https:///2349023224596?text=Hello%20there!%20Please%20I'm%20interested%20in%20learning%203D%20and%202D%20animation.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by rirri111: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2020
Interesting
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by ohiz2007(m): 7:36am On Mar 29, 2020
Not true as it's an ongoing research.

I follow up the various treatment options.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fucsf.box.com%2Fs%2F2laxq0v00zg2ope9jppsqtnv1mtxd52z#folder-navigation

https://www.jwatch.org/na51020/2020/03/27/covid-19-nejm-journal-watch-coverage

A lot of work here too just to mention a few.

Nodogragra4me:

The cure is available just that the big pharmaceutical companies considers it or them too cheap to be the cost for such a one in a lifetime economic boom. Trump already told you the name

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria is a very disorganized society
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by thinkmoney(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:
Hello guys, Let me start by narrating my ordeal, about 2weeks ago I started having my regular symptoms of typhoid and malaria which is back pain, hot breathe, evening fever and change in urine colour, so i rushed to the pharmacy and got malaria drugs.

Fast forward to Saturday 21st,I started coughing but i didn't take it too seriously, but by midnight of that day I woke up with the worst fever and hallucination i have ever experienced, by Sunday morning the fever was gone, but then I had itchy/sore throat coupled with the cough, so i gargled salt and warm water and i got relief from the sore throat.

At exactly 6pm that Sunday, the fever returned but this time more serious than the last one and this time it lasted till Monday morning, at this point I was already on google searching for all the symptoms of CoronaVirus, instantly I called my nurse that I needed injection for malaria and typhoid and she told me no treatment unless i go for a test to confirm if its malaria and typhoid.

The thought of going to the Lab for test made me feel uneasy so i called the NCDC toll-free line (080097000010), I called for 12 good times and each time I was told to hold on but the call gets disconnected, I wasn't going to let myself die of ordinary Typhoid because I want to self isolate so i went to the Diagnosis centre with my nose mask on. At the centre i was dying inside, dying not because I was sick inside or I was afraid of what the result would bring, but dying because I was trying so hard to suppress the urge to cough, because I didn't want to scare people or spread whatever was wrong with me. After 2hrs the result was out and i had malaria and too much typhoid in my body system, I went home gave the nurse the result and she gave me 3 injections for the Malaria and typhoid, and I am much better now than yesterday,and she also prescribed Tutolin for my cough.

I read today about a Nairalander that called the NCDC line today to explain his symptoms and was told they only attend to people that had contact with someone who just came from travel outside Nigeria, with that I can only conclude that there is no seriousness in this Government to fight the Virus, right from the beginning they refused to close all point of entry in the country because they thought its child's play, now they wont even respond to Emergency calls.

Forget the nose mask, the hand sanitizer, once this gets to the common man in Nigeria, who believes they cant get the virus, who still believes the hot weather will kill the virus inside you, who believes the cure for every sickness is either paracetamol or antibiotics, then I am sorry to say, Nigeria might just become worse than italy

Stay safe guys, Stay indoors.
I fear for the worst honestly. Haven't those that are in from abroad stopped at the road to buy an Item, maybe apple from the common man? Haven't they use an ATM machine which a common man too use? we are sitting on a keg of Gun powder. I am depressed already about the future with all this sorry stories. But please, I want to beg some section of Nigeria; if you voted in this government, fear God and behave in a dignified manner by not complaining publicly or online. Just take everything in. That's being responsible. You can only complain if and after u tender an apology. FEAR GOD OH
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ogaonos: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

Nigerians and most especially Lagosians are very stubborn in nature. It will only take the involvement of soldiers to force them to stay home.
yap it has to come to DT if necessary
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2020
we re doom for life in lagos nah

Contact us for your Procurement from
China to Nigeria (1688,alibaba) Website
Design and Social media management
whatsapp - 07081997275
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ogaonos: 8:11am On Mar 29, 2020
chozzy:

Door to door testing is best but their constraint is the test kits. They don't have enough test kits.
Jac Ma donated just 20,000 test kits and it will run out soon.

These are areas we needed the president to intervene and coordinate. FG is supposed to have by now placed an order
for at least 10m test kits but they have not. Jac Ma's 20,000 test kits can only test at most 20,000 people whereas Lagos
alone require about 5m.

See, I foresee gloomy days ahead for Nigeria unless a Vaccine is discovered soon.

FG has failed Nd very slow .i think d governors like Lagos should wrk out a solution for d test kits maybe by paying for manufacturing of such test kits.d sensitive area of d test kits manufacture abroad and less sensitive area like tube.mabufacture here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know / COVID-19: Muhammed Babandede Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.