Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number (56368 Views)

Help! The NCDC People Are Asking For Money To Release Covid 19 Test Result / COVID-19: Questions For The NCDC And NMA / Coronavirus: The Ncdc Isn't Adding The Popular Cases To The Ones That They Are B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by boxypane(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2020
They are only treating the rich.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2020
Sterope:
You arw a Nigerian and you can read whatnsi going on in the world z ehat in eqrht mare you call NCDC? Emescot

I can read what is going on but i can't read what you just wrote up there grin
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2020
Ladycewhy:
wrong move bro. Except you are well connected, isolation centers will be nothing but a death trap for the common man . They will only carry you to dump in their delapidated centers or you think say na UK looking cubicle bed space them go give you? undecided.

The isolation centre at onikan is beautiful though tongue. But las las Hospital bed no be our portion
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2020
thinkmoney:

I fear for the worst honestly. Haven't those that are in from abroad stopped at the road to buy an Item, maybe apple from the common man? Haven't they use an ATM machine which a common man too use? we are sitting on a keg of Gun powder. I am depressed already about the future with all this sorry stories. But please, I want to beg some section of Nigeria; if you voted in this government, fear God and behave in a dignified manner by not complaining publicly or online. Just take everything in. That's being responsible. You can only complain if and after u tender an apology. FEAR GOD OH

grin grin grin I can't laugh baba
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2020
milliman:

Stupid boy speak for yourself say you are the most stupid and unserious boy on earth you fool.
This is one of them.

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by maasoap(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2020
sapientia:
The first two cases of the COVID-19 in Italy were recorded at the end of Jan 2020.

Italian Govt gave a stay at home order which was disobeyed

Since then, the number of cases in Italy increased steadily, reaching approximately 86 thousand as of March 28, 10,000 dead

I tell people that Nigeria is gradually going the way of Italy if not worse because they still have many equipment and health workers which we don't have. What do you think about Nigeria in the next four to eight weeks? I could feel a total break down but I hope I'm wrong
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by sapientia(m): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2020
maasoap:

I tell people that Nigeria is gradually going the way of Italy if not worse because they still have many equipment and health workers which we don't have. What do you think about Nigeria in the next four to eight weeks? I could feel a total break down but I hope I'm wrong

Don't wanna think that.

Do not torture me.

I live daily by blanking out the reality of what will happen in Nigeria because its scary.

One expert said 45 million but I will never ponder over it.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Sterope(f): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2020
Don't call them or go to the hospital unless by the 7th day you are not getting any better. We don't have the resources to test everyone.

Many infected people are going to get better on their own without any medical help.

Emescot:

I can read what is going on but i can't read what you just wrote up there grin
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Bigblessed: 9:44am On Mar 29, 2020
My guy, so you didn't test for the other one in case.

Prevention is better than cure!
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Lilymatty(f): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2020
Mightymanna:
What useless emergency number has 11 degit?
�����
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by rirri111: 9:50am On Mar 29, 2020
Nice
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Lilymatty(f): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:
Hello guys, Let me start by narrating my ordeal, about 2weeks ago I started having my regular symptoms of typhoid and malaria which is back pain, hot breathe, evening fever and change in urine colour, so i rushed to the pharmacy and got malaria drugs.

Fast forward to Saturday 21st,I started coughing but i didn't take it too seriously, but by midnight of that day I woke up with the worst fever and hallucination i have ever experienced, by Sunday morning the fever was gone, but then I had itchy/sore throat coupled with the cough, so i gargled salt and warm water and i got relief from the sore throat.

At exactly 6pm that Sunday, the fever returned but this time more serious than the last one and this time it lasted till Monday morning, at this point I was already on google searching for all the symptoms of CoronaVirus, instantly I called my nurse that I needed injection for malaria and typhoid and she told me no treatment unless i go for a test to confirm if its malaria and typhoid.

The thought of going to the Lab for test made me feel uneasy so i called the NCDC toll-free line (080097000010), I called for 12 good times and each time I was told to hold on but the call gets disconnected, I wasn't going to let myself die of ordinary Typhoid because I want to self isolate so i went to the Diagnosis centre with my nose mask on. At the centre i was dying inside, dying not because I was sick inside or I was afraid of what the result would bring, but dying because I was trying so hard to suppress the urge to cough, because I didn't want to scare people or spread whatever was wrong with me. After 2hrs the result was out and i had malaria and too much typhoid in my body system, I went home gave the nurse the result and she gave me 3 injections for the Malaria and typhoid, and I am much better now than yesterday,and she also prescribed Tutolin for my cough.

I read today about a Nairalander that called the NCDC line today to explain his symptoms and was told they only attend to people that had contact with someone who just came from travel outside Nigeria, with that I can only conclude that there is no seriousness in this Government to fight the Virus, right from the beginning they refused to close all point of entry in the country because they thought its child's play, now they wont even respond to Emergency calls.

Forget the nose mask, the hand sanitizer, once this gets to the common man in Nigeria, who believes they cant get the virus, who still believes the hot weather will kill the virus inside you, who believes the cure for every sickness is either paracetamol or antibiotics, then I am sorry to say, Nigeria might just become worse than italy

Stay safe guys, Stay indoors.
I'm glad u are doing alright now. Take care of ur self
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by crash12345: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2020
maklelemakukula:
are you immortal? Do you think your life or those of your loved ones is guaranteed if/when a serious outbreak happens?
Do you know how long ago Corona became a global problem? Did we not have enough time to prepare?
The Nigerian index case came long before that of Ghana and South Africa. How many tests has Nigeria done since this time. Juxtaposed with that of Ghana and south Africa you'll see how much Nigeria has disgraced herself.
Why is the government so concerned about keeping the "numbers" low by not taking enough tests when they know the implications will far outweigh the perceived picture they're trying to paint to the international community so it seems they have it under control.

Nigeria will work the day the brains of her people begin to work.
check the tests done so far among African countries and see the numbers done among these countries

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by maklelemakukula(m): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2020
crash12345:
check the tests done so far among African countries and see the numbers done among these countries
can you imagine?
How complacent can we be ?
This is a shame, a country with close to 200 million people.
With these stats, I doubt our government seriously want to tackle covid19
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by mrhipup(m): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2020
This is quite unfortunate
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 11:00am On Mar 29, 2020
Lilymatty:

I'm glad u are doing alright now. Take care of ur self

Thanks dear
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Ladycewhy(f): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

The isolation centre at onikan is beautiful though tongue. But las las Hospital bed no be our portion
isolation center for the rich is different from that of the common man, Dem go only pack all of una for one room while the rich get w different kind of treatment.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ladycewhy:
isolation center for the rich is different from that of the common man, Dem go only pack all of una for one room while the rich get w different kind of treatment.

All of una bawo grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by CanadaOrBust: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Humans are nothing but numbers to the big pharmaceutical industry. The media is their willing tool for wiping up mass hysteria and fear. Only the social window is giving the masses an opportunity to stay alive in this rat race.

Just look at the billions been spent on acquiring ventilator and buying other hospital equipment like beds in just Nigeria alone. Money that could easily get those drugs and distribute even across the west African nations

Exactly. They first must “study” it for a year and do trials, never mind that it’s been around for 70 years. Then they’ll tweak it and give it a fancy name, so u won’t know it’s the same chloroquine. Then they’ll sell it for $50 a pill, prescription only - doctors must make their money too! Trump broke a big rule indeed!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by 2016easy2017: 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
on this day of shut down, enjoy broiler on home delivery and enjoy your stay.
ust call 07045969026

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by nanceeleecious(f): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

Talk about eating eba without properly washing your hand after touching a contaminated surface grin
a

I've stopped eating eba with my hands.i now use cutlery.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Dalby(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Emescot:

Your disclaimer is funny to me grin Like you think some doctors here will blame you for coughing, but bros next time be careful where you cough, so they won't ask you out of the vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

Honestly now that I ask myself that too, I don't know the answer, especially now that our president is missinggrin

I dont think it's easy, but prevention is better than cure.

I get your point, but do you consider it a waste of test kit? One can never be too careful, have you thought of how many people that would have been infected if I had the virus?

We do not manufacture any of the items used for collecting samples and for testing in Nigeria. If we a finite number of kits it makes more economic sense to have a protocol for deployment or use which they are following strictly. The first thing anyone learns in school economics is that resources are scarce, humans have unlimited needs, hence the need for categorization (scale of preference)...bla bla bla

https://www.nairaland.com/5762126/covid-19-video-ncdc-officials-taking
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Dalby(m): 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
maklelemakukula:
are you immortal? Do you think your life or those of your loved ones is guaranteed if/when a serious outbreak happens?
Do you know how long ago Corona became a global problem? Did we not have enough time to prepare?
The Nigerian index case came long before that of Ghana and South Africa. How many tests has Nigeria done since this time. Juxtaposed with that of Ghana and south Africa you'll see how much Nigeria has disgraced herself.
Why is the government so concerned about keeping the "numbers" low by not taking enough tests when they know the implications will far outweigh the perceived picture they're trying to paint to the international community so it seems they have it under control.

Nigeria will work the day the brains of her people begin to work.
So you believe Nigeria is more interested in keeping the numbers low...
The disease does not hide, how come our hospitals are not filled up with symptomatic patients?
Instead of commending the efforts of the health workers involved in this intervention for their due diligence.
There is politics on the one side and the professionals on the other side. The politicians manage the funds, not the health workers...
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Dalby(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
kecy19:
I thought it was also an Air-borne disease?
Airborne if you are close to a person with the disease. The reason we advocate for social distancing. By taking in the droplets released by a patient during coughing, sneezing or talking and you are less than 2 meters from the person...
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by delerx(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
We are not ready in this country
chozzy:

Oga, though your assumptions are not backed up by any laboratory or scientific proofs but the complain here is about getting access to
Covid 19 testing and treatment in Nigeria. For god sake, why is it so difficult? You will call and call and call and call ... no response. When
you're fortune to get a response, they will never show up. Why's Nigeria like this?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Emescot(m): 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
nanceeleecious:
a
I've stopped eating eba with my hands.i now use cutlery.
Lol way to go, I don't think I can do that sha
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by mindtricks: 12:29am On Mar 30, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Truth be told, the only thing that'll save Nigeria is if a cure is found on time. Otherwise, Nigeria is doomed. We're the most stupid and unserious nation on earth.

Statement of fact, raw and undiluted.
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Nigeriapen(m): 2:24am On Mar 30, 2020
Immigration Boss, Babandede Says He Tested Positive for Coronavirus In Nigeria

WATCH VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VifYbIordEc
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by DerickCO(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Mightymanna:
What useless emergency number has 11 degit?
Don't mind them. Nigeria's own is 112. Is just like 911 of USA
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by NairaMaster1(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
henrixx:
do you know how long it has been in his body? and hope you know malaria and typhoid accumulates right?

Okeoo
Re: Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number by Coolabbie: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
aminu114:
i was lucky the first time i called the corona number (NCDC number) they pick the called and guy asked me how may i help you. i told him i need test for corona virus he ask me why i told him i have been coughing for days i took several cough meds no sign of any relief the asked me did u travel recently i told him last week i was in abj i live in kano now he told me to calm down my cough is not corona virus related nd he hang up
But you are in Canada making money na.

So you can still call NCDC from there?

Dirty liar grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know / COVID-19: Muhammed Babandede Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.