Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent (22667 Views)

Yorubas Whose Mothers Are Of Igbo Descent Hv Said Dat Dey Will Support PeterObi / Kenyans Authorities Continue To Arrest Nigerians Of Igbo Descent. / I Didnt Tell Yahaya Bello To Defect To Accord Party – Gov Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
MelesZenawi:

No time for rubbish.

Ok....next

My brother, I did not believe it either but listened anyway.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
honeyB2018:
Why are some of you creating problems for the entire Igbo land with your useless thread?
If anyone said he or she is not of Igbo extraction, why not allow the fellow be?
Where is the wisdom in this thread?

No wisdom at all.

BTW the thread was created by a Yoruba man.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by senatordave1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well Ikwerre is Ikwerre and Ikwerre's migrated from Benin.
I think pazienza and barcanista did justice to this thread.time to signoff

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Personally, I didn't come into the world with my ethnic group and I won't leave this world with it. I believe we all should desist from creating threads like this.

This is a display of mental inferiority.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
senatordave1:

Well Pazienza logic goes I. line with mine as for barcanista, there too many dots on his post. So he should go back and do the needful if not his post looks more like propaganda.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
[s]
senatordave1:

[/s]

Pazienza is unhappy with the southern miniorities.

He wants nothing to do with them.

If you follow pazienza u go missroad.

Anger never solve nothing, we are in the world.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
ProWalker:
In Nigeria cyberspace, the igbos keep proving to be the most foolish among all the tribes

They were so foolish that the wise tribes had to fight a war to bring the foolish tribe into their fold. A scenario only humanly possible in a shithole called Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by awakeuche(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

If you live in PH, especially in those Rumu villages as an Igbo man, you will witness first hand the harsh realities of Ikwerre hate for Ndiigbo. If you can't visit those Rumu villages, you can at least join Ikwerre facebook pages and interact with them. You will be heartbroken and you will witness an Igbophobia more concentrated than what any other Nigerian group can muster, if you join those Ikwerre pages. I bet you, your life and perception of Ikwerre and their co travellers will never remain same after that experience, it's an eye opener.
My experience too, they have a love hate relationship with Igbo people, mostly an envious one.
But if you see them outside rivers state, especially in the north or south west, they will begin calling any Igbo person they see "nwannem o". I find it two faced and laughable.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
awakeuche:

My experience too, they have a love hate relationship with Igbo people, mostly an envious one.
But if you see them outside rivers state, especially in the north or south west, they will begin calling any Igbo person they see "nwannem o". I find it two faced and laughable.

U IGBOS ALSO NEED TO LOOK AMONG YOURSELF AND REFLECT ON THE WAY YOU TREAT EACH OTHER AND YOUR LEVEL OF ANGER TOWARDS EACH OTHER.

U MUST LEARN TO DIALOGUE AND BARGAIN AMONGST YOURSELF.

IF U COMPLAIN ABOUT IKWERE WHICH WAT U ARE SAYING IS TRUE.

WAT ABOUT EBONYI?

EVEN THE ANAMBRA AND IMO FIGHTS WE SEE HERE?

TRUTH IS IGBO NEED TO REDEFINED AND WE NEED TO RETRACE OUR STEPS TO THE TIME BEFORE THE BIAFRA WAR, WEN OUR GRAND FATHERS AND GREAT GRAND FATHERS SAID IGBO KWENU AND ACTUALLY WERE UNITED.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
Chimok:
Whether they believe or not is simply irrelevant, they are Igbo and thats all about it.

My dear, they never agree to it.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by senatordave1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:
[s][/s]

Pazienza is unhappy with the southern miniorities.

He wants nothing to do with them.

If you follow pazienza u go missroad.

Anger never solve nothing, we are in the world.
Cancelling posts means you are intellectually low.despite pazienza's views,he's one of the few respevted persons on nairaland,a sane and urbane fellow.why not strive to be like him

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
senatordave1:

Cancelling posts means you are intellectually low.despite pazienza's views,he's one of the few respevted persons on nairaland,a sane and urbane fellow.why not strive to be like him

Argue with google.

Igbo
Obiigbo (Oyigbo)
Ogba–Egbema–Ndoni
Etche
Omuma

Ikwere People
Port Harcourt (local government area)
Obio-Akpor
Emohua

Opobo People
Bonny, Rivers
Opobo–Nkoro

Ekpeye people
Ahoada East
Ahoada West
Ogbia people
Abua–Odual

Kalabari People
Degema, Rivers
Akuku-Toru
Asari-Toru
Okrika

Ogoni People
Gokana,
Khana,
Tai

Sub groups

Eleme
Andoni
Ogu–Bolo

May I add that they are all mixed with each other too.

So nothing is actually as it seems.

cc tonyebarcanista and pazienza
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by senatordave1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:

Argue with google.

Igbo
Obiigbo (Oyigbo)
Ogba–Egbema–Ndoni
Etche
Omuma

Ikwere People
Obio-Akpor
Emohua

Opobo People
Bonny, Rivers
Opobo–Nkoro

Ekpeye people
Ahoada East
Ahoada West
Ogbia people
Abua–Odual

Kalabari People
Degema, Rivers
Akuku-Toru
Asari-Toru
Okrika

Ogoni People
Gokana,
Khana,
Tai

Sub groups

Eleme
Andoni
Ogu–Bolo

How do rivers state and the fg classifiy them? How do ikwerre people see themselves? Those are the questions that matter

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2020
senatordave1:

How do rivers state and the fg classifiy them? How do ikwerre people see themselves? Those are the questions that matter

Pre Biafra war, Ikwere is documented as Igbo.

Post Biafra war Ikwere is not Igbo.

I hope u can read,.

1 Share

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by ProWalker: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
Dedetwo:

[s]They were so foolish that the wise tribes had to fight a war to bring the foolish tribe into their fold. A scenario only humanly possible in a shithole called Nigeria. [/s]

Pa Dede

Obviously your generation failed the youths of igboland by not inculcating proper home training into them

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by senatordave1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:

Pre Biafra war, Ikwere is documented as Igbo.

Post Biafra war Ikwere is not Igbo.

I hope u can read,.
Well i hops you can also read and differentiate like an educated fellow.in law,we deal with concurrent events and matters.how ikwerre are currently classified is what matters,valid and regular.what warped thing you are cogitating is irrelevant,unlawful and as wasteful as atiku's server results.continue misleading your misguided self

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
[s]
ProWalker:

Pa Dede

Obviously your generation failed the youths of igboland by not inculcating proper home training into them
[/s]

The same way, your fathers failed to teach you to stand on your own, without holding unto your fellow man.

Leave Igbo and face your people.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by ProWalker: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:
[s][/s]

[s]The same way, your fathers failed to teach you to stand on your own, without holding unto your fellow man.

Leave Igbo and face your people.[/s]

This is one of the untrained idiots I’m talking about

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerT: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
This is prove that the black man has no principle or ethics, he makes things up as he goes and keep shifting the goal post.

This is another Ikwere man telling the word they are Igbos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbSAXXDvUw
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:

Argue with google.

Igbo
Obiigbo (Oyigbo)
Ogba–Egbema–Ndoni
Etche
Omuma

Ikwere People
Obio-Akpor
Emohua

Opobo People
Bonny, Rivers
Opobo–Nkoro

Ekpeye people
Ahoada East
Ahoada West
Ogbia people
Abua–Odual

Kalabari People
Degema, Rivers
Akuku-Toru
Asari-Toru
Okrika

Ogoni People
Gokana,
Khana,
Tai

Sub groups

Eleme
Andoni
Ogu–Bolo

b]Igbo [/b]
Obiigbo (Oyigbo)
Ogba–Egbema–Ndoni
Etche
Omuma
Eleme

Ikwere People
Obio-Akpor
Emohua

Opobo People Igbo
Opobo–Nkoro
Bonny, Rivers

Ekpeye people Ekpeye aka Akpa ohia (Akpa offia) Igbo
Ahoada East
Ahoada West

Ogbia people
Abua–Odual

Kalabari People
Degema, Rivers
Akuku-Toru
Asari-Toru
Okrika

Ogoni People
Gokana,
Khana,
Tai

Sub groups

Andoni
Ogu–Bolo

[b]
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:

The both of you need to stop day dreaming.

Below is the founder of Opobo, Jaja of Opobo

The other is Asari Dokunbo, they have something very similar.

They are both Igbo men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-N2kdjU1Y

https://olivernwokedi./2015/10/27/they-are-igbos/

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language

https://dailypost.ng/2018/11/27/eastern-railway-controversy-cant-igbo-amaechi-dares-abaribe/

Lol!
Asari is an Ijaw man. Make peace with it, nwanne.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerT:
Pazienza dont allow your feeling of being hurt by the post war generation of Igbos deniers in Rivers get the best of you.

Lies can be dispelled and their claim cannot hold water.

They answer Igbo names.

All the people featured above are alive and you can even go on youtube and listen to them tell you they are Igbos.

They are the visible leaders in Rivers State today.

Are they all liars and mad? cc: tonyebarcanista

There is no feelings of hurt. Rather a feeling of clarity and freedom from emotional blindness.

The natural group reaction is to hate those who hate your own group. To do otherwise is to risk your own group demise.
It doesn't matter what Ikwerre people were in the past. What matters is what they currently are. They are a group of Igbo hating confused Bini people whose ancestors lost their Bini language and replaced it with the corrupted version of Igbo language they currently speak. That's the unapologetic image of Ikwerre from a pro Igbo perspective. . An Igbo can only see this if only the Igbo can eliminate sentiments and emotions.

That they bear Igbo names means nothing. An Ntezi (Ukelle) man in Ebonyi does not speak Igbo as a first language, neither does he bear Igbo surnames most times, but he is a real Igbo man whose loyalty and allegiance is to the Igbo nation. That's how nationhood work.
Are you saying that because an ax is made of wood, the trees should be stupid to ignore it's metallic end?

Ikwerre can bear All Igbo names they want or speak Igbo language, but their heart is black towards Igbo, they are truly Bini people. No matter how long the crocodile stays in the river, it will always come to the dry land.

Nwanne, accept that Ikwerre is not Igbo. Look inwards towards SE, and outwards towards Igbo groups outside SE that are proud Igbos. Group identity is like a relationship. It can never work if built on plea or manipulations.

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerVJ: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
[s]
senatordave1:

Well i hops you can also read and differentiate like an educated fellow.in law,we deal with concurrent events and matters.how ikwerre are currently classified is what matters,valid and regular.what warped thing you are cogitating is irrelevant,unlawful and as wasteful as atiku's server results.continue misleading your misguided self
[/s]

Abeg Afonja, which ever moniker u are using in the future stay away from my mention.

I think u are the same person that lives on every igbo thread and be catching watery feels, yet you are not igbo.

Stay the fuucck away from me.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
Dedetwo:

Did you know that Andoni, Opobo (Opu Obu) and Nkoro refused to join Rivers province and instead remain in Owerre province. The people of Abonima, Buguma and Kalabari were regarded as saboteurs by the Ijo in Rivers State during Nigeria/Biafra war.

I know nwanne. But all that is in the past now. Ndiigbo have lived in the past for too long now, and consequently, all these groups and other Nigerians are using it to exploit us.
It's time we moved on. The civil war ended 50yrs ago.
Those people are not Igbos. Let's work on what we have. If we do so, it would be more than enough.
Germany didn't need the Germanic clans in Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Liechtenstein, Poland, etc to be a great nation. They only needed to mend and reunify East and West Germany.
If we unify our Five SE states today, elect visionary leadership who would strive to ensure unified development and agenda across the 5 states.
We would emerge a force again. I travelled to Northern part of Ebonyi few months ago. Too many empty lush green fertile lands to develop.
We have a gold in our hands in SE, we should concentrate on that and leave Bini people in Rivers state alone.

8 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerVJ: 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

I know nwanne. But all that is in the past now. Ndiigbo have lived in the past for too long now, and consequently, all these groups and other Nigerians are using it to exploit us.
It's time we moved us. The civil war ended 50yrs ago.
Those people are not Igbos. Let's work on what we have. If we do so, it would be more than enough.
Germany didn't need the Germanic clans in Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Liechtenstein, Poland, etc to be a great nation. They only needed to mend and reunify East and West Germany.
If we unify our Five SE states today, elect visionary leadership who would strive to ensure unified development and agenda across the 5 states.
We would emerge a force again. I travelled to Northern part of Ebonyi few months ago. Too many empty lush green fertile lands to develop.
We have a gold in our hands in SE, we should concentrate on that and leave Bini people in Rivers state alone.

Your defeatist attitude to this discussion is legendary.

Ikwere that u talk about know they are related and affiliated to the igbos.

U can hardly hear any of them talk without mentioning Igbo.

Are this not the same Ikwere that are members of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo?

Listen, we are wasting too much time on our Ikwere brothers.

Igbo is not negotiatable, u are either Igbo or you are not from birth and ancestry.

Ikwere are Igbo by birth and ancestry.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerVJ: 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
pazienza:

It's time we moved on. The civil war ended 50yrs ago.

we have shown you Ikwere and opobo people claiming Igbo.

Show us those that denounce Igbo.

This will make things more interesting.

It cannot be all about how u feel.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
hammerVJ:

Your defeatist attitude to this discussion is legendary.

Ikwere that u talk about know they are related and affiliated to the igbos.

U can hardly hear any of them talk without mentioning Igbo.

Are this not the same Ikwere that are members of OhanaezeNdiigbo?

Listen, we are wasting too much time on our Ikwere brothers.

Igbo is not negotiatable, u are either Igbo or you are not from birth and ancestry.

Ikwere are Igbo by birth and ancestry.

Hitler was of Austrian ancestry, yet Austria is not part of Germany.
An Ikwerre man who has proved his loyalty should be allowed to rise in Ohanaeze ranks as an Igbo man.
But that should not make us forget the fact that Ikwerre people in the Majority are Igbo hating, and that apex Ikwerre sociocultural organization, the Ogbakor Ikwerre, have no affiliation whatsoever with Ndiigbo and as representatives of the Ikwerre people, are Igbophobic and actually pro Ikwerre ethnicity independence.

You are incapable of separating a national agenda from an Individual. You must learn to separate the actions of few individual non conforming members a group, from their group agenda.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by gidgiddy: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
An ethnic nationality is a group of people with a contiguous ancestral land, speak a a similar ancestral language and practice a similar ancestral culture, all of which are different from other ethnicities

In this regard, there is no difference between an Nsukka man from Enugu, an Ijekebe man like me from Anambra, an Ngwa man from Abia, an Oru man from Imo or an Ikwerre man from Anambra. They are all contiguous, they all speak dialects of the Igbo language as their ancestral language and they all practice a similar ancestral culture.

So who is Igbo and who is not? If the Ikwerre man Is not Igbo, then it means that ethnic nationality is based on choice, not facts. What it means is that the Ngwa man can decide tomorrow he is Yoruba and the Nsukka man can decide he is Hausa

If being Igbo is based on choice and not facts, the Ogbomoso man can decide he is Igbo.

Being Igbo or not cannot be based on choice, being Igbo is based on facts. The Ikwerre man can claim to be Chinese, but facts are what counts

4 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammerVJ: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
gidgiddy:
An ethnic nationality is a group of people with a contiguous ancestral land, speak a a similar ancestral language and practice a similar ancestral culture, all of which are different from other ethnicities

In this regard, there is no difference between an Nsukka man from Enugu, an Ijekebe man like me from Anambra, an Ngwa man from Abia, an Oru man from Imo or an Ikwerre man.
They are all contiguous, they all speak dialects of the Igbo language as their ancestral language and they all practice a similar ancestral culture.

So who is Igbo and who is not? If the Ikwerre man Is not Igbo, then it means that ethnic nationality is based on choice, not facts. What it means is that the Ngwa man can decide tomorrow he is Yoruba and the Nsukka man can decide he is Hausa

If being Igbo is based on choice and not facts, the Ogbomoso man can decide he is Igbo.

Being Igbo or not cannot be based on choice, being Igbo is based on facts. The Ikwerre man can claim to be Chinese, but facts are what counts

Excellently put.

In fact we have one Ngwa man (Chinenye) here, that is denying he is Igbo. grin grin grin grin grin

Pazienza read. This is exactly wat i have been trying to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Accident At Onipanu If You Heading Towards maryland / Lauretta Onochie Writes Aisha Yesufu An Open Letter / Babajide Sanwo-olu Biography – Profile, Background, Family & History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.