Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? (5654 Views)

How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by jambya(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
Regain Trust? long thing!
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Kingjames(m): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
My partner said she has forgiven me but dt she wont forget. Where does this leave me (us)?
But b4 u kick me, it has nothing to do wt dating someone else nor cheating on her,
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by akbtunes: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2010
How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? Rule 1: Never break it in d first place; Rule 2: Read rule 1 again
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by UNLEASHED(m): 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2010
REGAIN indeed
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by IyaBasira: 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2010
akbtunes:

How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? Rule 1: [b]Never break it in d first place; Rule 2: Read rule 1 again[/b]

LOL! Funny but true.

On the other hand, it's kind of redeundant since the person is asking how to REGAIN trust, not how to maintain it, and there's no point crying over spilled milk, is there?
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by olly1985(m): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
only God knws,
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Ezebu(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
just cry,go to a studio and sing "forgive me",don't eat,don't bath,put on sack clothe and pour ashes on ur head, wah lah!u'l be 4givn!If not?Move on!
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by coolpapa: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2010
@poster

Have you heard of St. Paul's second missionary journey? In summary, he was beheaded and thats what you will get if you do not back off rather than asking on how to regain trust in a broken relationship grin
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2010
Depends on how initial trust was lost, in the first instance.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Mcleo007(m): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2010
Got an article on this topic on my blog that may be of interest to you guys. Check it out here; http://datingessays..com/2010/12/5-steps-on-how-to-build-trust-in.html
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by PTBNaija(f): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2010
I personally don't think that trust lost can be regained, but with time many things can be possible.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 30, 2010
TIME HEALETH ALL WOUNDS.
WITH TIME, TRUST CAN BE REBUILT AND THE PAST WILL BE FORGOTTEN FOR EVER.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 6:07am On Dec 30, 2010

Most people are saying Time is the ultimate key. What if you don't have enough time?

For example, maybe she caught you cheating with another woman 2 weeks to your wedding. How do you get her to forgive you? How do you get her to trust you again?
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2010
@phate07, 2weeks to ur wedding and u are caught cheating on ur wife? that means u are not ready for the marriage cos u should be thinking of only ur wife at that time and the marriage plan. Kidding.
if she continue with the wedding she will trust u back, but, don't expect her to trust u before the wedding if she caught u 2 weeks to the wedding.
Trust can only be built with time.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Fimmy(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2010
you learn to trust but its one of the hardest thing to do
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by kimekuSUN: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2010
both patnr drawing close to God n 4geting the past
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by lightest(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2010
This thread is funny. Everybody is saying "what if she caught him" now lets reverse it to "what if you caught her" sleeping with somebody you have been suspecting and yet she kept denying it. and not just f u c k only but have been f u c k ing lol. what will you do? true life experience
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Carlosein(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2010
Never lose your trust in the first place.

but if it's lost, how it was lost will put things in perspective. care to tell us how u lost yours?
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by hermosa(f): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2010
take it from me, neversad
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by ladeeh09: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2010
It really depends on the other person whose trust you ate trying to regain. With some people forget it , others you go work tire.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by cantell(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Okay, here's another question. . . How big of an eediot are you? Don't answer that, it quite evident you don't have two brain cells to rub together or you'd know the question is a legitimate one. He must have done something to lose the trust, knowing what to do to correct it goes a long way to restoring the trust.

Does he lie to her? Does he cheat? Does he make promises he doesn't keep? Is he cagey about things? The key is to understand what made him lose her trust in the first place Everyone is saying give it time, give it time. . . What's the point of "giving it time" if the root of the problem isn't being addressed?!

Does it make sense to you now lame brain or do you want me to draw you pictures! Stupeeed!
I think you're the one with the lame brain cos he may not have been in any relationship.
If he wants to know something, he doesn't have to be a part of it to know.
He may not be in a relationship but it crossed his mind and he thought he should ask.
His Question is, HOW DOES ONE REGAIN TRUST IN A RELATIONSHIP?
He never said anything about being in relationship so you need to read and understand well before you run your mouth.
One more thing, tell your mama to teach you the home training lessons you skipped.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Carlosein(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2010
^^Nigerians, why can't you just post your contributions without resorting to name calling
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by coolpapa: 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
lightest:

This thread is funny. Everybody is saying "what if she caught him" now lets reverse it to "what if you caught her" sleeping with somebody you have been suspecting and yet she kept denying it. and not just f u c k only but have been f u c k ing lol. what will you do? true life experience

Addendum, what if the very suspect kept f u c k ing her and eventually got her impregnated at the verge of her two weeks intended wedding schedule? and the suspect even denied the pregnancy when the truth was revealed, leaving the lady with no home she could call her's. true life experience
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by JUO(m): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2010
only the truth
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by lightest(m): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2010
@coolpapa

aye le but life goes on as they say
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2010
Broke up with my then fiancee in october because i couldnt bring myself to fully trust her again after i made some discoveries about her and one dude. The fact is, if they did it once, they'll do it again.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Reference(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2010
Sorry, you can't regain trust in any relationship. Its one of those things that are beyond human.
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Blazay(m): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
By never trusting anyone. kiss
You should not trust yourself in the first place, not to mention another human being like yourself.
All are guiity till proven innocent. . . especially Nigerians who claim to be Christians. kiss
Beware of the "Redeem" and "MFM" ones especially. cheesy
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by SmileyB: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]
Blazay:

By never trusting anyone. kiss
You should not trust yourself in the first place, not to mention another human being like yourself.
All are guiity till proven innocent. . . especially Nigerians who claim to be Christians. kiss
Beware of the "Redeem" and "MFM" ones especially. cheesy

What do you mean by Redeem and MFM ones This thread doesnt require anyone's opinion concerning churches. Dont cause wahala here oh!
About trust, it depends on what made the trust get lost in the first place. It takes time for a person to trust his / her partner but during that so called time, na doubt go wan kill the other person cos you'll start wondering what your spouse's doing. It's such a nasty experience. Every minute u think, your blood pressure goes up. You feel so uncomfortable yet you dont want the other person to feel you're trailing him / her so u dont call to find out where or what he/ she's doing. Its crazy!
Good thing is that it can be regained but you're gonna work your ass out to prove it!!!! undecided
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by Swahili9: 12:02am On Jan 02, 2011
If one of my male friends asked me the question,  I would simply tell him to cover his tracks better next time. The truth is if you are the perpetuator you can never regain the trust, so instead of stressing yourself with all that building bridges crap either bounce out or continue as per usual.

If you are the injured party, you need to 'get even' and not wallow in self pity. This will at least lessen the blow of a betrayal.

And this final point applies mainly to women. Never ask your girlfriends to advise you on issues of trust with your bf/husband. They will only succeed in giving you the worst possible solutions, which will at first lead to confusion and ultimately failure.   grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by bishopz1: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2011
you must be honest to yourself and if you do that then and only then will you be trusted and trust in
Re: How Does One Regain Trust In A Relationship? by bishopz1: 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
trust is earned, its nothing you can buy, when you lose trust in somone it changes you anf them forever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Romantic Names On Nairaland According To Opionion Poll Result / Bro Code You Must Never Break (18+) / Endowed Lady Causing Commotion On Instagram With Her Massive Hip And Big Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.