Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed (88650 Views)

Rev Gbejoro: Shettima Re-Built Churches Destroyed By Enemies Of Christianity / BREAKING: Protest Rocks Akure Over Akeredolu’s Vacation Order To Herdsmen[photos / Election Protest Rocks Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by samwise180(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2020
From what I heard
The actual story of what happened in Akure.
The Governor is with them right now addressing the issue.
An unknown truck conveying explosives caught fire around 1:00am and exploded along Akure-Owo Road and the vehicle is currently buried in the sand.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2020
onyxo76:
that Lagos explosion was most likely a bomb...the same pattern of occurence someone somewhere surely is up to something.

Is that person a coward and not strong enough to own up to his responsibility ? If you wanna fight me,you don't slap me from behind and run into hiding ! It means you're actually scared of me.

Even if the explosion in Lagos was actually a bombing as some people desperately want us to believe, why is nobody or group claiming responsibility for it ? In a conventional war you don't just drop bombs from the sky and claim you have defeated or taken over your enemy's territories; you have to put boots on the ground to claim victory. So whoever or whatever groups that may be behind this should be courageous enough to declare war against us please.

Be it boko haram,fulani herdsmen,miyetti Allah or whatever, as long as they are scared of claiming responsibility for their actions,they are nothing but cowards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by MansoryMX(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2020
Deadratgrill:
It could be an asteroid because we had a cluster of asteroids ☄️ miss the earth last week!

It could also be the work of Boko Haram! Where is buhari’s town jester “Bashir Ahmad” over to you on Twitter btw imam of peace is waiting for you grin grin grin

Where is channels tv when you need them, oh I forgot they have been bought by APC

Asteroid ☄️ nor know country e wan land put na Nigeria e see abi

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Ddy(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2020
Iyiataata92:
When we tell people that the Abule explosion had more than meets the eyes, they said we were the problems of Nigeria. I told people to expect another one in less than one month. Now here we are.
A crime syndicate is expanding their horizon to engulf the entire nation. And they are doing it fast. I hope the government comes up with a more credible excuse than pipeline explosion this time around

Which government.
Are they not the ones sponsoring it?

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by KosiGee(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2020
mrvitalis:
It's still has explosion

Keeping waiting for 2023 before u talk by the time north is done u people would know only a United south can save u ...and a United south is only possible through Igbo presidency

I do believe that this is a terrorist attacking against the south. I also believe that it has to do with RUGA and Amotekun but please stop this Igbo presidency idea. Igbo presidency wouldn’t stop this. I am not against an Igbo president but bringing this up here when a very serious matter is being discussed is very provocative and silly.

Terrorism will consume us all if the south fail to unite and act. Fragmented south is very vulnerable, will not and can not pull enough resources to fight this evil.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
Only two things can dig that crater a huge bomb or a sizeable asteroid !!!! But the similarity if the damage to Abule Egba blast shows that someone is bombings the south west ..Notice how it was targetted at the a church and school again?

New comment:

It has been confirmed to be a truck bomb , the truck has been sighted in the crater ..I have been again vindicated
No, you have not been vindicated.
You are spinning more conspiratorial lies.
If you found a goat in the crater, would you conclude that the goat was carrying a bomb?

How do you know where it was targeted?

Only in your imagination is someone bombing SW as you seem to be drawn to bad news about SW.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Davash222:

E go soon happen for your backyard, then you may understand.
The bomb is so effective that all it did was blow off roofs and cause a crater.
Here, we have the most incompetent bomber in the world with so large an explosive
but minimal damage.

3 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by GamalNasser: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2020
ivolt:

No, you have not been vindicated.
You are spinning more conspiratorial lies.
If you found a goat in the crater, would you conclude that the goat was carrying a bomb?

How do you know where it was targeted?

Only in your imagination is someone bombing SW as you seem to be drawn to bad news about SW.

At least we are getting somewhere and now know a truck carrying high explosives was involved

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2020
Are those people behind these "bombings" cowards and not strong enough to own up to their responsibilities ? If you wanna fight me,you don't slap me from behind and run into hiding ! It means you're actually afraid of me or what I can do.

Even if the explosion in Lagos was actually a bombing as some people desperately want us to believe, why is nobody or group claiming responsibility for it ? In a conventional war you don't just drop bombs from the sky and claim you have defeated or taken over your enemy's territories; you have to put boots on the ground to claim victory. So whoever or whatever groups that may be behind this should be courageous enough to declare war against us please.

Be it boko haram,fulani herdsmen,miyetti Allah or whatever, as long as they are scared of claiming responsibility for their actions,they are nothing but cowards.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by FanRong: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2020
Laslaslala:

When you should have said 2 blast in the south
If the south refuses to come together our case will be pitiable in the near future
You are right. We the south need to come together and resist this.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by HeeBraHim2(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2020
ŦĦis is gɇŦŦing sɇriØus, ɃØkØĦȺrȺm wiŁŁ surɇŁɏ finĐ ŦĦɇir ĐɇfɇȺŦ is ŦĦɇ ŁȺnĐ ŦĦɇɏ Ⱥrɇ sŦɇpping Ƀɏ ŦĦɇ Ŧimɇ ȺmØŦɇkun is ĐØnɇ wiŦĦ ŦĦɇm.

i knɇw igɃØ pɇØpŁɇ wiŁŁ ŦĦis ȼȺŁȺmiŦɏ Ⱥs Ⱥ ȼĦȺnȼɇ ŦØ ȺɃusɇ us.

ŦĦɇɏ ĦigĦŁɏ fØrgɇŦ ŦĦȺŦ ŦĦɇɏ Ⱥrɇ ŦĦɇ mØsŦ fȺiŁɇĐ ŦriɃɇ ɇvɇr.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2020
mrvitalis:
It's still has explosion

Keeping waiting for 2023 before u talk by the time north is done u people would know only a United south can save u ...and a United south is only possible through Igbo presidency
Fearmonger.
No one is falling for your theories.

No one bombs irrelevant targets in secret.
The aim of bombing is to cause massive casualties and damage and force your enemies to accept your
demands.

Where are the demands?

The so-called "bomb" was heard in almost all parts of the state, yet it caused minimal damage.
The bomb manufacturer must have stumbled upon a futuristic technology that causes explosion without
commensurate damage.

Critical thinking will suggest that it was not a bomb or it was never a targeted attack.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by soojar(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2020
Kwanza:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/breaking-explosion-rocks-akure-100-houses-school-churches-destroyed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Some people on ground say that it's the military moving some heavy bombs through Akure that caused the carnage. These are the times I really doubt the training of our military men in this country. That is how they were ambushed by Boko the other day and got themselves blown up with their own explosives they were moving.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Kingsean(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2020
That should be a meteor. The crater is an indicator
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Lizzydonnah(f): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2020
I heard it.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Dapperdon7: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2020
It sure was a meteor
Below is a picture of a meteor crater ,this happened in Brussel in 2003

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
They have shifted to SW. We warned the sophisticated tribe but they were to sophisticated to listen.

Tinubu for president 2023 grin
Who are they?
Are you afraid of mentioning them?

The last time I checked all armed groups in Nigeria do not hide.
They boldly claim responsibility for whatever they do.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by proffemi: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
p(Meteorite) > 0.75
Meteorite.
Meteorite.

Edit: bomb blast apparently confirmed.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
FanRong:
This people got no conscience.

I hope this is not a treat on Amotekun.
2 blast in SW within 1 month.

May God protect us.
There is a difference between an explosion and a bomb attack.
Don't fall for the lies.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by scally11: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Nigerians and their shallow thinking. Of cos that is a crater created by a meteorite. If you look closely u will see the rocky part of it. This is the second time i will be witnessing that. The first one was in sokoto in 2007/2008 but this one is huge. When a meteorite enters earth orbit it begins to disintegrate as it excite. Some of the fragments energy land on roofs and surrounding while the reminant land and make a crater. No vehicle is buried there.

4 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by SKYloafFISH(f): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Davash222:
They said the one that happened in Lagos is gas explosion, and now this...

We're watching sha.
it was gas explosion
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2020
I don't think a bomb can cause this kind of damage. The extent of the crater is too large. Plus nobody will bomb an empty road.

Maybe a meteor strike?
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
This 2020 is too entertaining to my liking!!!

Entertaining? This is not funny.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by SKYloafFISH(f): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2020
scally11:
Nigerians and their shallow thinking. Of cos that is a crater created by a meteorite. If you look closely u will see the rocky part of it. This is the second time i will be witnessing that. The first one was in sokoto in 2007/2008 but this one is huge. When a meteorite enters earth orbit it begins to disintegrate as it excite. Some of the fragments energy land on roofs and surrounding while the reminant land and make a crater. No vehicle is buried there.
ehen I was also wondering because if it was a bomb, there would be fire
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
Are those people behind these "bombings" cowards and not strong enough to own up to their responsibilities ? If you wanna fight me,you don't slap me from behind and run into hiding ! It means you're actually afraid of me or what I can do.

The reason why no one is claiming responsibility is because it was never an attack.
Do you think Boko haram or bandits will be afraid of claiming responsibility?
These are group who revel in carnage and are proud to own up to their mistakes.

What I suspect is a meteor or government test gone wrong or irresponsible company.

The police shouldn't have allowed people to congregate on the scene as they may contaminate vital evidence.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2020
KosiGee:

I do believe that this is a terrorist attacking against the south. I also believe that it has to do with RUGA and Amotekun but please stop this Igbo presidency idea. Igbo presidency wouldn’t stop this. I am not against an Igbo president but bringing this up here when a very serious matter is being discussed is very provocative and silly.

Terrorism will consume us all if the south fail to unite and act. Fragmented south is very vulnerable, will not and can not pull enough resources to fight this evil.
It is not a terrorist attack.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ud4u: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2020
Let it not be what am thinking.

Revenge for amotekun undecided undecided undecided
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by jneutron4000: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2020
Odingo1:

Did Yoruba have zeal to fight for anything, Nigeria will remain under the control of the Hausa-Fulanis. Igbos may pull out one day, the rest will remain.

Before Buhari administration came Yorubas control most of the government parastatals in Nigeria today the cabal have remove all of them replace all with northerners.
yeah that is my point, events like this will awaken the sleeping Yoruba liberals who sees both Igbos and Hausa fulani as friends and do not wish to fight and chase them away from our land. Gradually they will develop the zeal and forget owambe and partying for now. As a Yoruba man, I face great resistance from my fellow Yoruba people anything I talk about us chasing Igbos and Hausa fulani away from our land.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by PFRB: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2020
helinues:
Bomb in Akure??
That crater in the picture shows it is a bomb. No doubts about that.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by fkj950ax(m): 10:28am On Mar 28, 2020
Davash222:
They said the one that happened in Lagos is gas explosion, and now this...

We're watching sha.

This one has a crater. Lagos didn't have.
A bomb always leave crater
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by oluwaahmed: 10:30am On Mar 28, 2020
When it happened in Lagos the media covered it up and said its pipeline explosion (just as they covered up for herdsmen killings and renamed it farmers-herders clashes) now it has happened in Akure.
Yoruba media its your region that's under attack better do some investigative journalism rather than report what you are told because of money.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2020
september1999:
Fani Kayode posted a video of a man that said south west should brace up for more bomb blast from the group against the new south-west security outfit. someone in the comment section made mentioned of a military securing some main digging a hole in Lagos, the soldier ordered him to leave when they were planting this object.
I really wish we are sensitive enough to investigate by going to this location.
Fani Kayode is a mad man.
Stop following him or you become like him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.