Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed (88647 Views)

Rev Gbejoro: Shettima Re-Built Churches Destroyed By Enemies Of Christianity / BREAKING: Protest Rocks Akure Over Akeredolu’s Vacation Order To Herdsmen[photos / Election Protest Rocks Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2020
IS HEZBOLLAH NOW IN NIGERIA ?
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:37am On Mar 28, 2020
ivolt:

The reason why no one is claiming responsibility is because it was never an attack.
Do you think Boko haram or bandits will be afraid of claiming responsibility?
These are group who revel in carnage and are proud to own up to their mistakes.

What I suspect is a meteor or government test gone wrong.

The police shouldn't have allowed people to congregate on the scene as they may contaminate vital evidence.

That is my position too but some fifth columnists desperately want us to believe it is an attack because of their selfish agenda.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

At least we are getting somewhere and now know a truck carrying high explosives was involved
No. That account is lying.
It happened in the night and no one was caught.
How was he able to tell such a story as if he was an eyewitness?

The sound was reportedly heard in almost all parts of the state which suggests an impact.

How can a bomb of such magnitude cause a mere crater and still leaves a truck intact?

With such an alleged bomb, no one can escape on foot as the "story teller" is claiming.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Iyiataata92: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2020
ignis:

You are a suspect.

I suggest DSS arrest and interrogate you.
You're an idiot. Two explosions in one region with similarities in location and identical targets in the space of one month.
Wait until you are overwhelmed before it becomes clear to you

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

That is my position too but some fifth columnists desperately want us to believe it is an attack because of their selfish agenda.
Don't mind them.
What's funny is that they want us to believe that the "attackers" chose to bomb an almost empty space.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Bloggingscope: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2020
scally11:
Nigerians and their shallow thinking. Of cos that is a crater created by a meteorite. If you look closely u will see the rocky part of it. This is the second time i will be witnessing that. The first one was in sokoto in 2007/2008 but this one is huge. When a meteorite enters earth orbit it begins to disintegrate as it excite. Some of the fragments energy land on roofs and surrounding while the reminant land and make a crater. No vehicle is buried there.

Fslse statement, meteorite only occured in Oyo State (Apana) . Nothing of such recorded in that timeframe in Sokoto
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by bonnyhope: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2020
THE BAD GUYS ARE NOW IN SW

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN LAGOS WAS NOT GAS EXPLOSIONS BUT REAL BOMBS
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by MegaPlayBoy: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2020

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by mrvitalis(m): 10:48am On Mar 28, 2020
KosiGee:

I do believe that this is a terrorist attacking against the south. I also believe that it has to do with RUGA and Amotekun but please stop this Igbo presidency idea. Igbo presidency wouldn’t stop this. I am not against an Igbo president but bringing this up here when a very serious matter is being discussed is very provocative and silly.

Terrorism will consume us all if the south fail to unite and act. Fragmented south is very vulnerable, will not and can not pull enough resources to fight this evil.
A United south is what would stop this ...the only thing that can unite the south now is an igbo president ....there can't be unity without equity and justice
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by GamalNasser: 10:48am On Mar 28, 2020
ivolt:

No. That account is lying.
It happened in the night and no one was caught.
How was he able to tell such a story as if he was an eyewitness?

The sound was reportedly heard in almost all parts of the state which suggests an impact.

How can a bomb of such magnitude cause a mere crater and still leaves a truck intact?

With such an alleged bomb, no one can escape on foot as the "story teller" is claiming.

The truck is not intact , but the axle can be seen ..even the nation news has confirmed it was a truck

https://thenationonlineng.net/50-houses-destroyed-in-ondo-bomb-explosion/

Why do you people like arguing to hide evil

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by scally11: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2020
Bloggingscope:

Fslse statement, meteorite only occured in Oyo State (Apana) . Nothing of such recorded in that timeframe in Sokoto
Lazy Nigerian youth. I didnt even know one happened in oyo. The one of 2008 happened when i was serving in rabah. The scene of impact was in another local government but all of sokoto felt it. Please check the link for confirmation
https://www.nasrdacbss.com/meteorite/
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Eagleword14(f): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2020
Hey! Lord have mercy cry
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by bonnyhope: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Are u sure its bomb? Please be sure... God I commit south east in ur hand...Jesus!!

Self centered

Why not pray for the entire nation
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
This 2020 is too entertaining to my liking!!!

Lol. Think of how much you can save on DSTV subscription.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by mrvitalis(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

Lol. You met someone far intelligent than you. I wonder why you Igbos keep exposing your stupidity. Only Igbo presidency can save SW from bombing. We can even conclude it’s you Igbos that are planting the bomb to blackmail us into voting you into power. You are just too dumb.
Intelligent ? Lamo
Where in my statement did I say igbo president can't save south west ?
I said only a United south can defeat this and the only way to unite the south is igbo presidency but hate blocked your ability to comprehend
Go n sleep .. intelligent man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2020
SoNature:

I don't know what you are trying to establish here, but the fact is that when terrorists attack they always claim responsibility

The terrorists operating in Nigeria in aso rock, nig army, herdsmen, bandits and now bombers are operating below the radar. They have never been caught.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by awgumayor: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2020
Chrisus:

No death ke?

What about those driving the truck??
I love your intelligent question. But let's assume miracle happened.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by BlackPanther101(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2020
I suspect that to be an asteroid that has been traveling the space for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by AgentNairaland(f): 10:57am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

From Igbo criminals and abokii terrorists.

You'll get well soon ok.. La bomb still dey bomb you en
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Dreadful: 10:57am On Mar 28, 2020
Boko if you put Haram in Yorubaland grin grin
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by williams85(m): 10:57am On Mar 28, 2020
What happened is suspected to be a meteorite.
Guys, it’s not bomb.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by pedrilo: 10:58am On Mar 28, 2020
what is happening in nigeria?
the media is just silent like there is nothing happening!
two weeks ago, lagos was bombed.
last weekend, so many soldiers were ambushed and killed.
now akure is up in flames
what is going on ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
we r under attack
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Bennyidu(m): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2020
That's more like a meteorite or an asteriod..
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Sheuns(m): 10:59am On Mar 28, 2020
This doesn’t look like a bomb. More like a meteorite. But since we do not even know what’s in our airspace talk more of outer space we’ll call it terror attack. Dem never carry out investigations una don talk say na terror attacks.

How una go call this bomb sef. If truly it was a truck bomb, it can never dig such hole in the ground, the impact will be more on the surrounding buildings. This is an asteroid Biko, the impact shows it’s a projectile that hit the ground from.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by ivolt: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

The truck is not intact , but the axle can be seen ..even the nation news has confirmed it was a truck

https://thenationonlineng.net/50-houses-destroyed-in-ondo-bomb-explosion/

Why do you people like arguing to hide evil
Evil?
No one is disputing that there was an explosion but you guys are busy reading meanings into it without evidence.
There is a difference between drowning while swimming and being forcefully submerged in a river.
You claimed it was an attack and I say it is just an explosion.

The link you posted even has only 4 sentences with even lesser information than the
various "theories" being spread on Nairaland.

The nation is behaving like a typical Nigerian newspaper, treating rumors like news.

It is funny how 50 houses were "destroyed" and we are not hearing of hundreds of casualties.
I never knew bombs now prioritize destroying houses while leaving humans largely untouched.

Mention me when you have real evidence of a "bomb attack".
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by JAWBONE(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
Only two things can dig that crater a huge bomb or a sizeable asteroid !!!! But the similarity if the damage to Abule Egba blast shows that someone is bombings the south west ..Notice how it was targetted at the a church and school again?

New comment:

It has been confirmed to be a truck bomb , the truck has been sighted in the crater ..I have been again vindicated

Don't mind that IDIOTIC ZOMBIE called heliunes abi na hell-anus. In their mind they don't want any bad news concerning President Covik 1-9 birus but let it be during the administration of the opposition they will celebrate bad news as if it's Christmas.

I remember during GEJ how these wicked and evil elements were celebrating Boko Haram because it made GEJ look incompetent. The tables have turned, now they are pretending as if they are patriots. Two-faced bastards are what they are.

If you don't want the terrible things happening in the country to continue, then lend your voice and call the President and his party to order whenever they err. No matter which group you belong to, the progress of Nigeria is paramount.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Sheuns(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
Only two things can dig that crater a huge bomb or a sizeable asteroid !!!! But the similarity if the damage to Abule Egba blast shows that someone is bombings the south west ..Notice how it was targetted at the a church and school again?

New comment:

It has been confirmed to be a truck bomb , the truck has been sighted in the crater ..I have been again vindicated

It can’t be a truck bomb. The link u posted shows nothing of such. If the bomb was on a truck as u said, the truck must have been still on the ground and such huge hole cannot be made by something already on the ground. It’s a meteorite from the look of things. Only a trajectory bomb dropped from above can create such impact.

As for the roofs and buildings affected, it’s the shockwave from the impact on the ground that did that.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by GamalNasser: 11:05am On Mar 28, 2020
Sheuns:

It can’t be a truck bomb. The link u posted shows nothing of such. If the bomb was on a truck as u said, the truck must have been still on the ground and such huge hole cannot be made by something already on the ground. It’s a meteorite from the look of things. Only a trajectory bomb dropped from above can create such impact.

Even the governor has confirmed but so shut up
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by lx3as(m): 11:05am On Mar 28, 2020
For the celebrating Igbo guys, you should read this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5760527/explosives-been-transferred-storage-facility
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Astrologyfact: 11:06am On Mar 28, 2020
technicallyrich:
Yoruba Muslims,good morning.
How was your night,hope you slept well.
Don't worry the sex just started and it will last forever because your mmastetd are on tramadol.
Allah bless Yoruba Muslims.
And Codine with refnol and Kush grin
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by JAWBONE(m): 11:08am On Mar 28, 2020
APC Zombies have suddenly become experts in astrophysics. They will do anything to defend mediocrity. They want to make you believe all is well in the country. You will be a big FOOL if you believe that.

I can't confirm or deny if this was an explosion because I was not there but the way even the Zombies have rushed to social media to defend this shows how pretentious they are. Some of them are saying it's thunderstorm others are saying meteorite. Now they have turn to meteorologists and astrophysicists all to defend the incompetent, inept, dumb dullard.

Whatever it is, you can't change the fact that this is the worst administration ever.
Re: Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed by Merciful77: 11:09am On Mar 28, 2020

You are absolutely right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.