Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92506 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Iceyjays:
Don't let this slide away, report to the police and bank also.

Not even Dangote will let 400k slide away like that.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by surgebitcoin(m): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
100% inside job
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Hardebayo(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Since this is POS transaction, the merchant hasn't be credited with the value. It takes 24 hrs for merchant to be credited with POS transaction. So, call the bank as many times as possible between now and 8am tomorrow until someone tells you that the case has been properly reported to their fraud unit. Same thing happened to a known person about 2 years ago using Gtbank, she reported the case days after, and she was refunded every kobo to the tune of over 160k. I wish you best of luck, and your sweat shall not be eaten up by devourer.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by drealcivilceno(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lastlook:
OP,
Should i advice you?
I don't know much about how connective you are online. I am developer, This is an international transaction, They don't need OTP before they will remove your money 100%, even alert won't show up immediately - This take times and some can be 1 to 2 days before you see it.

Even when you are paying for domain name using card details such as "CARD NUMBER, VCC AND EXPIRING DATE" They don't need OTP to remove your money and alert doesn't come in quick. Try buy anything worth $1 dollar from non Africa website using card. You will be amazed your OTP is not needed

The only time you get OTP, Is when the payment gateway is from Nigeria or Africa.

Call your bank, that is the best solution, Ask your bank the stance of the money, from where the debit came from and how to get your money back. (If they proof stubborn, involve other agency)

Or 100% you will not see this money again.

Hmmmm, speak for your self bro...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by unmask: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.
How is a bank staff involved? This looks like an ATM transaction so the op should say where he has used his card or who he has given it to

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ibabz(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
If the money is in the ledger account, it means the money is still with your bank, they haven't released it to the beneficiaries accounts. Send mail to the fraud unit of your bank, copy CBN and efcc. Trust me, the money would come out.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yes I do but rarely use it... In fact when I saw the debit, my first thought was that I must have lost the atm, I have to go and check under bed where I kept thr atm card and I saw it there

Your money is still in the bank.

Open your red eye.

When a cheque is paid into your account, ledger balance shows the cheque sent for clearing value.

Your account is on PND.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lookingfly: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Naughtysite:

Experience is the best teacher.

Stanbic is a useless bank.

I asked Stanbic to open a savings account for me. The account officer went ahead to open a current account. Similarly, my opening balance was N400k in that acct.

Funny enough, they spent 4 good days to generate ordinary account number. Lol. I was coming and going. Only to end up doing the wrong thing.

I requested for my withdrawal slip. They said my cheque book was not ready.

I.asked, which Cheque ?

Nah so I withdraw all my money left N2k there.

Stories too much. The most useless banking staff I have encountered
I hope their pension scheme is reliable because na them i de use ooo?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tonididdy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Set your daily limits.
If you did, someone cats just wipe your acct like this.
So sorry tho
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Emmanuel950(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

Send an email to cpc@cbn.gov.ng. Include your bank's email in the cc field. Add screenshots of the transfers to it.

Do this if the bank doesn't give you a satisfactory answer in 48 hours.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Mumiteoluwa: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Generalnomercy:
Stanbic ibtc bank staff are notorious for stealing customers money that way.

Email Stanbic and copy CBN, Efcc.

They made me close my account with them.
dicksonadams, kindly follow this advise, over 400k was withdrawn from the acct of someone i know too few weeks back. He works with CBN that made the recovery easy I think. You can call them out on twitter too.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Gabson006: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Don't collect ATM card it you want to use account for savings alone

E get why

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Naughtysite:

Your money is still in the bank.

Open your red eye.

When a cheque is paid into your account, ledger balance shows the cheque sent for clearing value.

Your account is on PND.

Money left the ledger balance this morning after about 24hrs of reporting to the bank
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by einsteine(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

Your account was debited in far away Mexico

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ConnectedMan: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:

Someone has cloned your card and is using it in mexico. I can see why they said it would be hard to get your money back

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by unmask: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
ibabz:
If the money is in the ledger account, it means the money is still with your bank, they haven't released it to the beneficiaries accounts. Send mail to the fraud unit of your bank, copy CBN and efcc. Trust me, the money would come out.
That the money is in the ledger doesn't mean it hasn't been debited.....it is probably still showing there awaiting reconciliation

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Lastlook: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Just your Card number, the VCC at the back and expiring date done.

lookingfly:
is it possible to carry out such transactions with only the bank account number? ATM card must be involved abi?

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by usifo1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Dem dash me 3k some days ago o
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mumiteoluwa:
dicksonadams, kindly follow this advise, over 400k was withdrawn from the acct of someone i know too few weeks back. He works with CBN that made the recovery easy I think. You can call them out on twitter too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03

Topic on Twitter too
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by MosesOJ(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Same thing happened to my aunts account with stanbic, almost 500k was deducted from hers early this year and nothing has been done about it by the bank
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JesseThunder(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Here is what happened since it's used in Mexico, your card was cloned by using the dump(card full information and programmed code) with the tracks and so on. There is nothing that can be done even CBN can't trace this cause it was not transferred and it's not big enough for CBN to involve international body. Next time I will advice you all! Create two account one with atm the other should not have anything internet access. Lots of you here CC information with millions are available for sale on darkweb for just 5-35 dollars depends what type of card you're using.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mechanics(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
That's serious o, someone have hacked into your account, do you normally transfer through internet banking and again buying things online through debit card with an unsecured site is very risky.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mechanics(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
JesseThunder:
Here is what happened since it's used in Mexico, your card was cloned by using the dump(card full information and programmed code) with the tracks and so on. There is nothing that can be done even CBN can't trace this cause it was not transferred and it's not big enough for CBN to involve international body. Next time I will advice you all! Create two account one with atm the other should not have anything internet access. Lots of you here CC information with millions are available for sale on darkweb for just 5-35 dollars depends what type of card you're using.
Banks this days will force one to have ATM.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by faizsanusi(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
GASOL EL FRESNO 2 CHIHu is a filling station in the same chihuahua. The theif bought some gas as well

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:

Most of the transaction seems to have taken place in Mexico
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by cruzydal(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
DonnyE:
My advice is to enter the banking hall shouting at the top of your voice else you won't be taken seriously, or enter there with Sars police and arrest the branch manager. I am 100% sure some1 from the bank had a hand in this.
No offence but this is dumb . Very barbaric .

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Emmanuel950:

Send an email to cpc@cbn.gov.ng. Include your bank's email in the cc field. Add screenshots of the transfers to it.

Do this if the bank doesn't give you a satisfactory answer in 48 hours.

OK,
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by einsteine(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
lookingfly:
is it possible to carry out such transactions with only the bank account number? ATM card must be involved abi?

You need the ATM card number and Security. You can't debit with just the account number.

Why does Nairaland censor ceeveevee as "security"

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.

Mr Man will you keep quiet, a Bank stafff yen yen yen

They will be telling to be care full with your details pin, card, token etc you no go hear word.

You think a Bank staff can just debit your account like that and go, you don't know this work, you ask questions

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mechanics(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Most of the transaction seems to have taken place in Mexico
Nawa o, how comes?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JesseThunder(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
No that's not true. Just used transfer to the card with atm is all you will be doing.
mechanics:
Banks this days will force one to have ATM.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mechanics(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
einsteine:

You need the ATM card number and Security. You can't debit with just the account number.
I concur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2