Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92517 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Openbusiness: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Generalnomercy:
Stanbic ibtc bank staff are notorious for stealing customers money that way.

Email Stanbic and copy CBN, Efcc.

They made me close my account with them.
Really? Talk true please. May eye go comot my money for there oh before magic happen. I always had some bad vibe feeling about this bank, that's why I hardly keep plenty money there.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Ugmama(m): 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ugmama:

Which one is bank staff again? Why accusing staff when you're not right of allegations...

Please op visit the bank and lay your complaint, afterwards report to nearest police station.
OP hope you didn't use all these fake purchasing sites of recent. Please don't disclose your card or account details.

Thank you
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Have you used the bank for an online transaction before? If yes, the information of your card has been stored in the software hence it would be easy to use.

Secondly you may have exposed your card, because I saw a photo of transactions at one spot. The spot I’m sure provided an address where the transaction took place.

Before going to the point of transaction, report to the bank and cc CBN.

But bro, make e no be say na your fault las las o
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Instead of talking about insiders, look at the people around you very well. 400k is too small for bank staff to risk their careers over.

All someone close to you needs is your pin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thegloor: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

What's your card details doing in Mexico?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by don4real: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yes I do but rarely use it... In fact when I saw the debit, my first thought was that I must have lost the atm, I have to go and check under bed where I kept thr atm card and I saw it there

Your ATM card was used to do an online transaction. If your bank can tell you where the money went to, you can contact them online to report for fraudulent activities. Since the money is still in ledger, they haven't been credited yet. Act fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by stonecoldcafe: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

A strongly worded letter from your lawyer to the banks complaints channel copying relevant govt agencies and bank MD or other senior bank officials can also do the trick
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by codemaster2much: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
mikezuruki:
Have you used the bank for an online transaction before? If yes, the information of your card has been stored in the software hence it would be easy to use.

Secondly you may have exposed your card, because I saw a photo of transactions at one spot. The spot I’m sure provided an address where the transaction took place.

Before going to the point of transaction, report to the bank and cc CBN.

But bro, make e no be say na your fault las las o

I rarely use the bank,
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by codemaster2much: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
stonecoldcafe:

A strongly worded letter from your lawyer to the banks complaints channel copying relevant govt agencies and bank MD or other senior bank officials can also do the trick

Thanks boss
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by salford1: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
thegloor:

Like seriously. In this era of yahoo?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Princewell2012(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Everybody was just shouting insider any how. Ask him if he has not partispated in any of all this guys giving audio money yesterday night?

5 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Just2endowed2:

Number and email still working fine. Nothing was changed.
Then they may have disabled your notification. Change your password asap!
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Digitalcreator(m): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bros take this also twitter and call them out!!!
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by just2endowed: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
thegloor:

Just helping out.

There is a purpose for the transaction in Mexico which I want to understand. No otp was sent, and alert didn't come on time until in afternoon.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by codemaster2much: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
don4real:

Your ATM card was used to do an online transaction. If your bank can tell you where the money went to, you can contact them online to report for fraudulent activities. Since the money is still in ledger, they haven't been credited yet. Act fast.

The money left the ledger this morning, all my effort at pleading with the bank to prevent the morning from leaving by placing a restriction, they say they cant

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lisa286: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX

Same thing happened to me with my GTB dollar MasterCard this year. It was 3 Netflix subscriptions and some other subscriptions in UK, even a t-shirt from a UK store for 50 something pounds

I called GTB and they told me there was nothing they could do.

Here's how I got back a major part of the funds.

1) Copy out the businesses that charged those funds.

2) Google the names to get their contact information. Emails but phone numbers preferably

3) Call each one and explain the situation to them, do that fast. Ask for a chargeback.
Like Netflix, I had to download the app to call them, cos they have this in-app phone stuff. The dude at the backend asked for my card details and found all the 3 subs (I was even just aware of one), he then did the chargeback and cancelled the subscription, he also asked if he should blacklist the card on Netflix and I told him yes. So few days later I got the refund from Netflix

4) Call MasterCard or visacard (that's the card company) directly and tell them about the situation and that your funds should be refunded.

Finally act speedily. Usually international payments ain't really fast. That's why you can still see the balance.

The luck I had was that the card is more of a wallet type and wasn't directly linked to my dorm account. I usually transferred funds into it per time I needed to transact

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by EverythingCars: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sorry about your misfortune. Unfortunately there are some sites that you can purchase things with just your PAN without necessarily putting otp or pin. But its the responsibility of your bank to blacklist all those sites and Point of sale terminals.
So what happened here is that they got a hold of your PAN and they cloned it.

It's important we think agead of these guys.. have an account that is not linked to a debit card or even Internet banking "cold storage" and save there. This will give you peace of mind to an extent. Also guys that always save their card details online are very vulnerable. If there is an attack on the database of the merchant, your PAN and card details will be available in the darkweb.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lakesider(m): 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
When efcc arrest yahoo people, una go dey protest...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Sanchez01: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX
Mine was used on Aliexpress. A total of 118k out of a reserved 120k I kept in a First Bank account for emergency reasons.

Seems yours was used on a Mexican merchant or Spanish website.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tetula123(m): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Burger01:
Same happened to me months ago. I started having problems the day I sent a mail to my supposed account officer to open a domiciled account. He mailed back asking for few details and pronto I started receiving POS alerts on transactions I never made. 680k down the drain like that. That bank is complete fraud! angry
Same stabic?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Lastlook: 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
OP,
Should i advice you?
I don't know much about how connective you are online. I am developer, This is an international transaction, They don't need OTP before they will remove your money 100%, even alert won't show up immediately - This take times and some can be 1 to 2 days before you see it.

Even when you are paying for domain name using card details such as "CARD NUMBER, VCC AND EXPIRING DATE" They don't need OTP to remove your money and alert doesn't come in quick. Try buy anything worth $1 dollar from non Africa website using card. You will be amazed your OTP is not needed

The only time you get OTP, Is when the payment gateway is from Nigeria or Africa.

Call your bank, that is the best solution, Ask your bank the stance of the money, from where the debit came from and how to get your money back. (If they proof stubborn, involve other agency)

Or 100% you will not see this money again.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lookingfly: 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
So to keep money for bank now no safe again..... That's why i use only one atm card for one of my accounts which i hardly leave any tangible money in it. Anytime i want to withdraw, i do transfer to that account that has atm. Man need to be careful with atm cards cos it seems that's the easiest way to tamper with your account.

3 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by stonecoldcafe: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

This is irritating, look at the POS name and the way the deduction happened, you dont need a rookie fraud officer to tell you the banks mechanism should hv blocked the transaction . It screams of fraud!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by drealcivilceno(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/4429569/bank-fraud-what-did-how

Guy read this article. It might just help you.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by codemaster2much: 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys I have also created the topic on Twitter and tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC, I will appreciate if anyone could help me also make it trend their. https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by udemzyudex(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
This nonsense happened to my cousin yesterday, #15k was removed from his Eko bank account yesterday.

He said he only got a notification of #2k and #200 from Eko bank.
The transaction was don Via POS in Lagos whereas he is in Akwa ibom state.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Burger01(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
tetula123:

Same stabic?
Trust me, same fraudulent Stanbic IBTC! angry
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Maybe it's CBN collecting your contribution to fighting Coronavirus. Take heart

3 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Experience is the best teacher.

Stanbic is a useless bank.

I asked Stanbic to open a savings account for me. The account officer went ahead to open a current account. Similarly, my opening balance was N400k in that acct.

Funny enough, they spent 4 good days to generate ordinary account number. Lol. I was coming and going. Only to end up doing the wrong thing.

I requested for my withdrawal slip. They said my cheque book was not ready.

I.asked, which Cheque ?

Nah so I withdraw all my money left N2k there.

Stories too much. The most useless banking staff I have encountered

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by SavageBoy: 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
I'm guessing this matter can be reported to CBN
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by faizsanusi(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Chihuahua is an airport in mexico. Your atm was used to book a flight maybe. Thats really strange. I think u shohld involve efcc. Your bank is a potential suspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lookingfly: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lastlook:
OP,
Should i advice you?
I don't know much about how connective you are online. I am developer, This is an international transaction, They don't need OTP before they will remove your money 100%, even alert won't show up immediately - This take times and some can be 1 to 2 days before you see it.

Even when you are paying for domain name using card details such as "CARD NUMBER, VCC AND EXPIRING DATE" They don't need OTP to remove your money and alert doesn't come in quick. Try buy anything worth $1 dollar from non Africa website using card. You will be amazed your OTP is not needed

The only time you get OTP, Is when the payment gateway is from Nigeria or Africa.

Call your bank, that is the best solution, Ask your bank the stance of the money, from where the debit came from and how to get your money back. (If they proof stubborn, involve other agency)

Or 100% you will not see this money again.
is it possible to carry out such transactions with only the bank account number? ATM card must be involved abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.