Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja (60785 Views)

Mohbad's Name Appears On Church Programme's Banner (Photo) / Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Ayoefa: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2020
Why all this preaching, just shut the danm business center down. End of story.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by composure: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2020
josite:
im impressed ,na the son of fire they send to fire.

angry grin grin grin
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by bptc10: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2020
You guy have time self to be pressing to them, the best thing will be to beat all of them up, human being will not use their sense

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by legalwealth(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2020
Same thing was done to their branch at Palmgrove in Lagos.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by bizzibodi(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2020
People still dey marry....for this Corona plague what does it profit u to join together &every gatherers there & beyond catches covid-19 & d cycle continues.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Heffalump(m): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2020
Dreambeat:
Whoever convened that congregation should be arrested and prosecuted to serve as a deterrent. Kudos to the enforcement team head.He knows his bible.

Correct! The pastor responsible may be prosecuted and bent under the law. Members of the church will equally be humbled to submit to the authority. But the question is, can you try this with the Muslim counterparts? Did you just read what happened in Katsina recently. Muslim youths swoop on a police station and burnt it down because they were asked to take measures to prevent the spread of this dreadful disease in our country.

If you are a Muslim and reading this, please think twice about the religion you practice! You may be peaceful and kind hearted, but miscreants and demonic spirits have taken over the religion you so cherished. Better have a rethink cry

6 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by doggedfighter(f): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2020
Tobechuckwu:
I watched it on AIT News, I'm not sure its Christ Embassy. Verify news very well before u start mentioning church name. It was actually a wedding ceremony not a church service. Pastor Chris has directed all his churches to obey government order and prayed for the government on Friday, so it can't be Christ Embassy for sure.
Will you shut up there. That's how you people lie up and down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2020
How do I report one church close to my house abeg?

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Investnow2017: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Commonsense99:
The sad reality is, their misbehaviour affects everyone!

South Korea was doing fine in containing their own cases until patient #31 strongheadly went to a church gathering, pastor had defied the Govt order, alas numbers increased exponentially, today the country is suing the pastors for Mass murder.

We all Know how Iran go to where they are.. Rapid spread via religious gatherings, today someone dies in Iran every 10minutes... Iran would later lock their mosques.

I had been asking this question, what stops their GO from going to perform his Miracles at the front lines?
I think the Indian approach of flogging this lunatics would hv made more sense than talking to them, they are risking the life's of millions who live in Abuja and beyond.

Oh I enjoyed this comment so we'll. Well worded!

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Gerrard59(m): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2020
The guy deserves a promotion. So articulate and clinical in his response.

5 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by pacespot(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2020
These people no dey hear word. I think police should be in patrol every Sunday to pick out erring elements like these.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by greatreality: 9:38am On Mar 29, 2020
Dreambeat:
Whoever convened that congregation should be arrested and prosecuted to serve as a deterrent. Kudos to the enforcement team head.He knows his bible.

But one thing you fail to understand is that we have three major role in this world via economic, political and religion, so every subordinate have the right to find a solution to tackle the problem facing people. so if their faith demand so political means have no right to stop it since they themselves have not brought the solution to the problem, this is exactly what made the Jews to kill Jesus Christ because they thought he's trying to disobey them, and even after killing him it didn't stop the problem, instead it increase more, if a situation reach where God is seen as the least then that problem can never be solved. God is like our shadow you cannot run away from him, quote me or report me.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by bizhop01: 9:39am On Mar 29, 2020
I think obedience is better than sacrifice

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by atilla(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2020
Omoluabi9:
Abeg share me his handle. I like following people with sense.

https://instagram.com/ikharoattah?igshid=1pljo60hrfjml

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by topnotchinfo: 9:39am On Mar 29, 2020
This is not a Christ Embassy church..They dont carry out wedding on sundays
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by AmazingMOG: 9:40am On Mar 29, 2020
Dreambeat:
now you’re ranting like a lose dog, there was a report yesterday how Muslims burns down a police station you didn’t bark

Same fate await you and all the atheists and Islamist against Christianity on this forum.

Unproductive and untimely cut short life.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Mizwisdom(f): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2020
People of God fear not, God is watching the persecution against Churches all over the world. The Bible urges us to persevere, don't give up. If they won't allow us worship in His Temple, make altars inside your houses and worship him. He sees and knows our hearts and all our sins of not going to the temple is placed on the head of government and officials who have restricted us and upon the generations of theirs yet to be born. Make altars inside your houses and worship God for "This too shall pass"
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Glorymax: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2020
Please say it louder brother. All those still congregating for worships are hypocrisy.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by jahbiz: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2020
I like it when a man knows what he's saying.
..this man is sound academically and spiritually.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Preator: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2020
Heffalump:

Correct! The pastor responsible may be prosecuted and bent under the law. Members of the church will equally be humbled to submit to the authority. But the question is, can you try this with the Muslim counterparts? Did you just read what happened in Katsina recently. Muslim youths swoop on a police station and burnt it down because they were asked to take measures to prevent the spread of this dreadful disease in our country.

If you are a Muslim and reading this, please think twice about the religion you practice! You may be peaceful and kind hearted, but miscreants and demonic spirit has taken over the religion you so cherished. Better have a rethink cry

The North are predisposed to violence. Its not just religion.
If i had been a policeman there though, i'd have used lethal force.
Religion is the bane of our society.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2020
tiredoflife:

Oga I am a christ embassy member Na our church
Pastor Chris gave all churches directive on Friday to obey government order.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Saintly01(m): 10:04am On Mar 29, 2020
This is a clear case of beating you hands down in your own game. That man na Chairman.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by BLING4BLING: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2020
While somewhere in Katsina, muslims gathered together and burnt down a police station simply because they were prevented from observing their prayers...
So Christians are the only people to obey the laws and instructions in the country because we are not violent and shouldn't be feared?

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Preator: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
greatreality:

But one thing you fail to understand is that we have three major role in this world via economic, political and religion, so every subordinate have the right to find a solution to tackle the problem facing people. so if their faith demand so political means have no right to stop it since they themselves have not brought the solution to the problem, this is exactly what made the Jews to kill Jesus Christ because they thought he's trying to disobey them, and even after killing him it didn't stop the problem, instead it increase more, if a situation reach where God is seen as the least then that problem can never be solved. God is like our shadow you cannot run away from him, quote me or report me.

The constitution is political and transcends any other laws or views be it economical or religion as you mentioned. The constitution guarantees those rights but not at the detriment of collective right of others.

Imagine one person has corona in that congregation, at least 10 people will get it from him, which is ok since dey stupidly went to the gathering, but they will in turn take commercial transport home and dash it to those who didnt eat party jollof. Those will in turn carry it home to those who stayed home in the first instance and ad infinitum....

We shud just all freaking stay at home..

Just in case, you may wanna check this out daily... maybe we'd all get a brain reset. I check it every few hours to understand why i have to freaking stay at home. And medical practitioners are dying in droves too just because some idiots felt religion supersedes common sense...
Yea, i have family members who are in the medical line and i dnt wanna hear they are dead....
So PLEASE STAY AT HOME. GOD DOESNT LIVE IN A CHURCH OR A MOSQUE.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Liftedhands(f): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
To think that man in the second video is still asking why they are shutting down the wedding tells alot why this virus will spread more.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
doggedfighter:

Will you shut up there. That's how you people lie up and down.
I'm not sure it has gotten to the stage of saying such word to me. Pastor Chris gave instructions on Friday to all his churches to obey government order.
Please learn to be calm.
Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Gordson: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
topnotchinfo:
This is not a Christ Embassy church..They dont carry out wedding on sundays

You are dull

The post was yersterday's

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by pek(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2020
Tobechuckwu:
I watched it on AIT News, I'm not sure its Christ Embassy. Verify news very well before u start mentioning church name. It was actually a wedding ceremony not a church service. Pastor Chris has directed all his churches to obey government order and prayed for the government on Friday, so it can't be Christ Embassy for sure.
You are not sure it is because you don't want it to be Christ Embassy. It is definitely CE. The person who was wedding is a junior colleague to my wife in the office. Heard of the incident before it hit social media.

4 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2020
The clear difference between a shepherd and a hireling...

Only a hireling will put his church purse ahead of the health and wellbeing of his congregation.

3 Likes

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by Sundrus: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2020
grossintel:
How do I report one church close to my house abeg?
call this NCDC number & report to them. 080097000010... They'll channel u to the right authority.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja by LovesAllah: 10:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Thandiubani:
By Alexander Thandi Ubani

[s]Popular Islamic cleric, Imam Tawhidi aka Imam of Peace on Friday called President Muhammadu Buhari the dumbest president to ever rule Nigeria. His annoyance could be traced to Buhari's epic blunder on national television while addressing the nation on the coronavirus pandemic where he couldn't pronounce the name of the disease that has crippled nations and killed thousands of people all over the world. Instead of COVID-19 as it is known, Buhari called it COVIK 1-9.

Angry that a president of a country could be that doltish, Imam Tawhidi dragged Buhari like a faulty generator on Twitter - it was really that bad. So bad, that one of Buhari's aides had to lie that Imam Tawhidi blocked him just for him to evade questions put to him by worried Nigerians who were concerned how the President's miscalculations had brought the country global humiliation.

The issue which was resurrected on Twitter on Friday really caused a social media storm with Buhari and his supporters totally drubbed and silenced by missiles from Imam Tawhidi. Nigerians who had longed stomached Buhari's incompetence latched on the trend to pour vituperations on the president, his supporters and members of the ruling party.

Imam Tawhidi called out Buhari over his failure to address Nigerians on coronavirus outbreak. He also lambasted Buhari over his poor handling of terrorism in Nigeria after Boko Haram terrorists some days ago killed over 40 soldiers. He called Buhari's tactics of releasing thousands of terrorists 'foolish', as he emphasized that these same terrorists that are released, travel abroad and return to kill more Nigerians and security operatives.

Of course, Buhari brought this upon himself. Listening to Buhari speak is enough to convince you that he's a man at war with intelligence, himself, age, time and everything. A man who has taken a task far beyond his scope of understanding. Academically unsound, he speaks like someone who never passed through the four walls of a school. Even if these points are to be excused, his lack of wit and discernment when it comes to national and global issues are legendary pointers to his imprudence.

As the world is dragged on its knees by the deadly coronavirus virus which has established itself as a notorious global killer, ripping states, countries and continents apart with unbelievable easy, it sounds unthinkable that a world leader and president of a country like Buhari has not made it a point of duty to know what's going on around him; to know about this deadly killer disease especially for the fact that he's more at risk because of his hobby to gallivant the globe at any given excuse.

Buhari on March 22nd made a historic blunder on national television by pronouncing COVID-19 as COVIK 1-9. His handlers passed it off as another of his junk trademark. But, they were wrong.

Such an unforgivable blunder goes beyond mere speaking, it tells of a man totally disconnected from the events around him. It tells of a man who is not aware of his environment, a man detached from the rest of the world. It speaks of a man who is forgetful of his world, remoted and suffering from acute amnesia. It tells of a man tired of the burden of leadership imposed on him by those who stood to gain as far as he continues to stay in power. It speaks of a tired man secretly wishing to elope from his current position, but cowered by the wishes and caprices of power-hungry fellas controlling him.

It is a shame that a man who leads the most populous nation in Africa could be unaware of a disease that has crippled nations. Such ineptitude shows the level of decadence that has corrupted the highest level of leadership in Nigeria. As dump as such an act could be, it shows Buhari as a leader who is cluelessly paddling the boat of his country to an unknown destination. Even after such a ridiculous blunder, his aides who should have been sacked for making the president look stupid, went to market to insult those frowning at the blunder. Exactly the same script they keep playing anytime the President ridicules himself. I even wonder if the President enjoys acting the fool for his aides. It is inexcusable that Buhari doesn't know the name of the deadly disease killing his people and he calls himself President of Nigeria. It shows clearly that he doesn't care.

That's why you do not need to look far to know why Imam of Peace, Imam Tawhidi took Buhari and his supporters to the cleaners. He soaked, washed, dried and spread them on the hanger like a new dress. He called Buhari the dumbest person in Nigeria for not knowing the name of the disease that has killed thousands and infected over 300,000 people all over the world. A disease that has forced countries to lock borders, economies crashing and people forced to stay at home. How could he lock down the country, order civil servants to stay at home and even his chief of staff tested positive for the virus yet he knows not about the disease let alone its name. The only explanation is that the president is not the president.

It is quite clear that Buhari by himself, decided to become a global laughing stock, a thing of caricature and entertainment for the international audience through his clueless acts.

Like the Imam said, truth has no nationality. If we do not tell Buhari the truth about the lies he has been fed, he might die an unhappy man who had intentions of changing his country but was denied the opportunity by the hawks he surrounded himself with. Just the same way they have been lying for years now that Boko Haram has been defeated. Yet, the same people you defeated have been killing soldiers as if they are baits used for hunting practice. The same way he deceived Nigerians by lying that he has removed oil subsidy whereas his government secretly pays same subsidy he swore had been removed. It is obvious Buhari is not one of us. What they have given him, I can't say, but he is totally in a world of his own - high on a cheap weed that disconnects him from present realities. It is quite sad that the president's handlers have once again found another opportunity to ridicule him on the global stage. What a pity!

Alexander Thandi Ubani is a journalist.
He writes from Lagos.
thandiubani@yahoo.com

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/143926/covik-19-the-day-an-islamic-cleric-dragged-buhari.html[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 / Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.