Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare (96410 Views)

How Jumoke Hospital Lagos ‘Mistakenly’ Employed 2 Jobless Men As Medical Doctors / COVID-19: Inside Gbagada General Hospital's Isolation Centre (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Comissions 118-Bed Isolation Center At Gbagada General Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by HORRORIZON: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
Wow! They acted like a bunch of Niggas. If that had happened to a group of blacks living or visiting Egypt there'd be outrage. If you call yourself a professional then you should act professional in all circumstances. You signed up for the job... so do your job. Many hospitals in the US, Italy and elsewhere are not equipped to handle this pandemic, but they are ALL taking in covid cases and their staff are doing their best to function and adjust to the situations presented them courageously at the risk of their own health, because they take their jobs and oaths serious. It is unacceptable that any operating hospital in Nigeria does not have a covid trauma area set up at this time, and are prepared to take in people in need. If a person can make it to that hospital in 5 minutes as opposed to 10 to get to another, that could literally be the difference between life and death for that person. All hospitals need to be on deck and ready to take in covid cases period. A person is literally suffocating to death as they drown in their own fluids filling their lungs, they may not have the precious time needed to go running around town looking for that one or two hospitals ready to take in cases.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by chronique(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
MansoryMX:

Do you think we have the necessary equipment? Almost all hospitals in Nigeria lack the basic things needs medically to combat this virus. What you should be saying is that government should check all flights manifest, locate and repatriate all foreigners out Nigeria back to their country who came into the country since last year Jan. My brother nor blame the ignorance of those health workers, blame our stupid government for putting us in this mess.

Abeg, let's not excuse stupid behaviors. No one is saying they should or must attend to them and treat them. Rather than running away and shouting this is Corona virus, they should have just redirected them to the appropriate place for attention, simple.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by espn(m): 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
mistarsam:

Google Nigeria consumer protection council email address
Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by sulaak(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished.

Have the health workers been provided with the appropriate hazard attires and training?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Aladdin1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Shellsploit:
Ndi igbo will call it " Osondu "

grin
RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by CioAngels(f): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Why go to general hospital, didn't they know that they are to go to IDH? To them, Nigeria is where there is no control of anything and a porous place where people can do anything.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by luluman: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww If e pain you go and study medicine now.

Modified- Professional Illiterates everywhere.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Correcto: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
Not all hospital has the capacity to fight infectious diseases
Olodo24:
Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Izigha(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So their first and only response is to be shouting "God forbid, Coronavirus is not my portion, security come and send them away"? Even if you won't let them disembark, why not turn them back(refer them to the right place) in a sensible and professional manner? Not surprised at y'all responses, it's how you guys act in your various places of work...it's in the blood. This is Nigeria...bunch of unprofessional idiots.

I was talking to a family member in Milan last week, I told him he is better off in Italy right now than in Nigeria - with or without corona virus. can this happen in an hospital in Italy
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by TheStarsAlign: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
DominusPrime:
Well if the director says it's a lie I don't blame him. GGH is not equipped to fight infectious diseases. I wonder who that doctor is that referred them there. He needs to be tested for the virus too cos he obviously does not understand basic protocol about this disease.

Pls are you in medical line? If yes, what was/is supposed to be the protocol if someone is infected with COVID-19?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Starz825(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
atiku4President:

How much is their life insurance, if any? Let the Senators that collect Hazard allowance go and attend to them.
Senators are bastards...which hazard allowance Dem dey collect....after all the stress and wardrobe allowance...
Ahhh.... God's judgement dey come for them Sha...ahahha
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
TheStarsAlign:

Pls are you in medical line? If yes, what was/is supposed to be the protocol if someone is infected with COVID-19?
Simply dial the emergency call lines available in your state. It is expected that once you suspect that you have it you will isolate yourself until you've been taken for testing. It is also important that you wear protective clothing like face masks and gloves and maintain the regular hygiene habits that is all over social media which include regular washing of hands, social distancing, keep a alcohol based sanitizer in close proximity as well. These are but a few of the basic health tips for everyone whether suspected to have it or not.
But remember to call the help lines if you suspect you are infected.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Roon9(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:

Jesus! Fair weather docs
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by sylve11: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
atiku4President:

How much is their life insurance, if any? Let the Senators that collect Hazard allowance go and attend to them.

E nor pass like that. cool
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Khanben: 2:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
stop telling lies from the pit of hell

Hazard allowance for doctors is not what you posted up there
Stop telling lies

How much then is Hazard allowance for Doctors since you seems to know?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by FameTouch(f): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
So because they're health workers,they should see death and stay.Or they are not human, blood is not running in their veins....comet from here jor
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by DavidEsq(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

That's how most of you talk stupidly without having the basic information.
Why not first ask if they have PPE in that hospital? I hope you know what PPE is?
Without it, no one has any business attending to a suspected case of Covid-19.
Most general hospitals in Nigeria don't even have hand gloves, let alone PPEs.
Your guys are ignorantly focusing on the health workers who are given nothing to work with, instead of on the government which has failed to equip the hospitals.
For a nurse to be screaming "Coro is not my portion", doesn't that tell u how much of a native fowl she is? Where in the study of medicine does that statement apply. Aren't these the crop of olodos that are now at the front burners in the medical profession? I know what UniAbuja teaching hospital, Gwagwalada showed me and my wife in September 2019. That's not to say u are wrong in ur wonderful analysis. The unprofessional approach is what I'm pissed about

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by bizzibodi(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww

It is better to b sacked & b alive than to b dispatch by covid-1-9.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by bizzibodi(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
I remember 1 female soldier that saw me & lock d gate yesterday,I went to mammy market to see if I can get a bag of rice to buy, she asked me if I am a foreigner...b4 I could answer negative she quickly lock d gate ..only to peep thru d crack & ask me again.i thought b4 soldiers are trained to die anytime.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww

they should close where the workers already took to heels? If Na you, you no go run? Ask Italy people, you will understand how deadly corona is
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by TheStarsAlign: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
DominusPrime:

Simply dial the emergency call lines available in your state. It is expected that once you suspect that you have it you will isolate yourself until you've been taken for testing. It is also important that you wear protective clothing like face masks and gloves and maintain the regular hygiene habits that is all over social media which include regular washing of hands, social distancing, keep a alcohol based sanitizer in close proximity as well. These are but a few of the basic health tips for everyone whether suspected to have it or not.
But remember to call the help lines if you suspect you are infected.

Thanks but what I actually wanted to know is the next step/s after someone is found to be infected. The reason for asking is that Ive read a report of someone who tested positive but was asked to go back home and wait till they get back to him. So is he suppose to go wait at home indefinitely (if they don't get back to him)
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:

No hazardous material (hazmat) suit, only face mask, and you say what? Be humane for once.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
zikter:
I perfectly understand PPE. However, I completely disagree with their uncultured behavior. It has nothing to do with PPE but purely negligence and poor attitude to work. As health professionals, they know how covid-19 transmits. If they suspected a corona case, they didn't need to admit, neither do they need to running and madly uttering some useless phrases like we are still in stone age. They had a solemn duty to ensure the suspected cases reached IDH successfully, at least they owe us that. As a general hospital, a call to Yaba on a suspected case especially on foreigners will be answered with all sense of urgency. Instead they choose to run away. Now, where are those people? We keep blaming politicians but the citizens mostly fail at very basic tasks. One of the reasons why we are where we are today.

I really understand you perfectly well. They might have acted unprofessionally as you said. This covid-19 is wrecking havoc and since there is no known cure for now everybody is afraid. Do you think a simple phone call to the right hospital for the treatment of the patients would have done the magic? I thought referrals are accompanied in a written form according to health laws in Lagos state. I also read how LUTH rejected a convid -19 patient on the ground that there was no bed space though I don't know how through is that. The health sector has been stretched to the limit. I blame our politicians because they are not trying at all as regards equipping these hospitals, if they were truly trying I am sure individuals will support them.
thanks
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by adontcare(f): 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
topshotnista:
They should be more prepared
lol
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
TheStarsAlign:

Thanks but what I actually wanted to know is the next step/s after someone is found to be infected. The reason for asking is that Ive read a report of someone who tested positive but was asked to go back home and wait till they get back to him. So is he suppose to go wait at home indefinitely (if they don't get back to him)
Ow...ok. if someone tests positive treatment might depend on if he's symptomatic or not. If he is then it depends on the availability of beds. Then again there's sorting out a patient according to severity of symptoms, especially if they are life threatening. The latter ones cant be managed at home. But the milder symptoms can.
In summary if symptoms are mild you can take lots of warm water, take lots of fruits, if there's a fever you could take paracetamol, painkillers.
These are basically what Drs would advice and more. The best bet is still to contact a Dr for advice. The above is not a treatment guide. Like I said it's most important to see Dr from the Infectious Disease Unit closest to you.
Even if they will send you home, they'll still give u some or more of the advice I've given.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
DavidEsq:

For a nurse to be screaming "Coro is not my portion", doesn't that tell u how much of a native fowl she is? Where in the study of medicine does that statement apply. Aren't these the crop of olodos that are now at the front burners in the medical profession? I know what UniAbuja teaching hospital, Gwagwalada showed me and my wife in September 2019. That's not to say u are wrong in ur wonderful analysis. The unprofessional approach is what I'm pissed about

Nobody can accurately verify what the nurse said or didn't say. People exaggerate and twist things alot in Nigeria. That's one of the reasons I left. At times, you would tell a Nigerian patient what the prognosis or complications of his medical condition would be, only for them to tell their relatives that "the doctor said I will die". Then, you would immediately become their enemy. Nigerians are not easy to deal with.
It may even be that she was jokingly saying that to her colleagues after the patient has already started leaving, but of course, just because it was alleged to have come from a healthcare professional, it'll immediately become a problem.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by abeggnow: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
I saw a similar scenario in Ikeja general hospital, a young boy of 8 years had a high temperature, apparently, he just came back from the UK.all the doctors and nurses ran away, it was so unprofessional and frankly embarrassing.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Angelfrost(m): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
eni4real:
They fought Boko Haram with ordinary Kung Fu skills.. No Rifle, no Armor??
Is that what you are trying to say??

Anyone that treat Coronavirus without Protection kits has Suicide tendencies!!!

I fear you are wasting your precious time with these people...

Most Nigerians are more hypocritical than you can imagine... They live daily in denial!!!

It is this inability to call a spade a spade, that has kept us backwards electing morons for decades.

Just imagine people rubbishing the daily efforts put in by Nigerian medical professionals in the midst of one of the worst healthcare sectors known to man... Such ingratitude!!!

Back then when Ebola hit home, I told a friend and colleague that when it would all end, we would all still get abandoned, behold here we are again... When NMA and bodies go on strike demanding reforms, many of these hypocrites still call them out... Now you are asking them to die for you??! Even comparing them to soldiers... Lol...

Like I said, the chicken has come home to roost... No where to run for anyone. Maybe this time, our leaders will actually learn the value of health and education (for the ones that will still be alive to be called leaders)!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by abeggnow: 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
Onebottle:

Go and close the hospital na
Which equipment have you given gdh
Didnt you hear them saying here is not IDH
Make them take malaria drug fight coro?

If na you,you go wait
That hospital sef,may not have wheelchair,not to talk of ventilator.
And ya telling them to wait
Nawa for you o
Plz don't say this trash you are talking here. In the medical profession, there has to be some form of decorum accosted with the profession. Is coronavirus a death sentence why must we always act and talk out of ignorance
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Comkash: 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
Why won't they run when they are not well kitted, no PPE in hospitals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Rivers State Border Closure In Pictures / Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo) / 18 Health Benefits Of Wonderful Kola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.