Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare (96455 Views)

How Jumoke Hospital Lagos ‘Mistakenly’ Employed 2 Jobless Men As Medical Doctors / COVID-19: Inside Gbagada General Hospital's Isolation Centre (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Comissions 118-Bed Isolation Center At Gbagada General Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by adidison(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
lereinter:
What do Egyptians do in Nigeria

Hahaha
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Tchange1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished.

Go support them
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by zikter(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Fragility6:

Sure dier attitude was not professional bt don't take the media words seriously wen dey said d workers were running and shouting.
I agree with you completely on this one bro. In one of my opinions here, I said that I don't want to believe they run away.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by naturefellow(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Theyoungmatron:
The only time you talk sensibly and professionally to a patient with a contagious disease like COVID-19, is when you are suited and kitted up as if you are going to the moon.

Like this guy below

We are also calling on volunteers to directs patients in our various hospitals< no particular certificates required>. You'all armchair cheerleaders and commentators should endeavour to apply.
volunteers application form / link?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by bigpicture001: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
...I blame the Egyptians for being at home nd allow it b full blown....

Now they are looking for whom to infect....
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by nijabazaar: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
eni4real:
No protection means no care!!
Unless that Doctor want to die for Nigeria !
Even you don't want to die for Nigeria!!

Nobody can fight Boko Haram with Kung Fu skills only!!!
That is the same with Coronavirus without Protection kits!!

Bokoharam is Guerilla warfare. And there are soldiers sacrificing their lives for us even with all the corruption.

Coronavirus is war at the door steps. The Italian doctors are leading the way. Even with shortage of gear
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by lastempero: 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=RiyaGoddess post=87875018]That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww

Let's be sincere to ourselves, without the right protective equipment it's just like you are on a suicide mission which is the other of the day in our hospitals.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Jaqenhghar: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
adidison:

Doctors, nurses in USA are protesting because of no safety equipments when treating patients.

In Nigeria you will do all that hard work, comeback home no light, no petrol to buy for gen, can't buy anything, no money to save.
Bruh "NO" Nigerian I know has complained about work abroad. Majority of bosses abroad will compensate you if they see you are putting in work, it all comes down to the type of boss. But even still you will be comfortable at the end of the day.
So that is an excuse to kill patients abi? It is the patuent's fault. If work conditions no favour you, quit. Its more honourable than to sit, be grumbling and act unprofessionally. Wh told you bosses abroad dont use people? Please stop these delusions. The difference between there and home is there is a functional system where everything works. You are used same as everywhere else. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by adidison(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
kikero:

Italy is a special case

1.Several areas of Italy have bilateral agreements with China where Chinese workers come in to do jobs in certain regions...and many of these workers came from affected areas.

2.Also, several Europeans traveled , in the run up to the crisis, to China as tourists, (Euorpeans have more disposable income than Nigerians)and brought back the infection (Recall, most sick people are asymptomatic to begin with)

3.Many foreign tourists often try the local cusine. where they travel (and most Italians are not vegetarians , their diet has a lot of meat in it!)..and that includes China.

4.Most Italians greet by kissing each other on the cheek...nice way of spreading the virus.

5.25% of Italy is made up of over 65year olds. Guess who the virus affects badly..the old, and the very young.(Immune system of an old person is not as good as that of a young chap)

For a doctor you need to pay a lil more attention ... tongue

Read the quote and response again. wink
Also, there are a lot of Italian Vegetaranians.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
nijabazaar:

Bokoharam is Guerilla warfare. And there are soldiers sacrificing their lives for us even with all the corruption.

Coronavirus is war at the door steps. The Italian doctors are leading the way. Even with shortage of gear
They fought Boko Haram with ordinary Kung Fu skills.. No Rifle, no Armor??
Is that what you are trying to say??

Anyone that treat Coronavirus without Protection kits has Suicide tendencies!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
BurnStoner:

Lots of people are still ignorant and uninformed about this virus, worst is the fact that this set of people are proportionally divided in all sectors.
Well said. Even the police chasing people from gathering are not even protected.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

That's how most of you talk stupidly without having the basic information.
Why not first ask if they have PPE in that hospital? I hope you know what PPE is?
Without it, no one has any business attending to a suspected case of Covid-19.
Most general hospitals in Nigeria don't even have hand gloves, let alone PPEs.
Your guys are ignorantly focusing on the health workers who are given nothing to work with, instead of on the government which has failed to equip the hospitals.

Hey!

Take it easy on Her, she doesn't deserve such energy wink
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by lastempero: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
nijabazaar:

Comparing italian shortage of ppe and naija own,it's just like comparing death and sleep.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by toscolee(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
Theyoungmatron:
The only time you talk sensibly and professionally to a patient with a contagious disease like COVID-19, is when you are suited and kitted up as if you are going to the moon.

Like this guy below

We are also calling on volunteers to directs patients in our various hospitals< no particular certificates required>. You'all armchair cheerleaders and commentators should endeavour to apply.

are you serious about the volunteer bit. How do one apply?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by murmee: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
kikero:

Ebola, MDR TB, Lassa ( we are currently in the midst of a lassa epidemic), leprosy, etc ,etc....
re
Lassa and its cousin Ebola are worse. A patient with COVID 19 is far likely to survive it than a patient with Lassa or Ebola.
I second your post. Coronavirus will only kill an African that already has serious health issues. Our type of foods has made it impossible for the Virus to fester in our bodies. When the Virus enters the African man bodies (tested positive) after sometime, our system will kill it and the person will test negative. Please note that I am not saying that people should be careless or disregard Social distancing o!
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by adidison(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

So that is an excuse to kill patients abi? It is the patuent's fault. If work conditions no favour you, quit. Its more honourable than to sit, be grumbling and act unprofessionally. Wh told you bosses abroad dont use people? Please stop these delusions. The difference between there and home is there is a functional system where everything works. You are used same as everywhere else. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Read it well oga! I'm not talking about this incident, i was talking about why working abroad is waaaay better than naija.

About bosses, again read it well, I said majority of bosses and it all comes down to the type of boss you have. You are used same as everywhere else but as a Nigerian who has worked here and abroad, where would you like to be used? .... think about it ... exactly.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by eejo(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
I condemned the action of the Health professionals. Their actions does not reflect that of a trained professional. I worked in Nigeria Health care sector for 10 years before moving to the UK to continue my job. if the patient was their spouse, children, and family members will they run. In the absence of PPE, you can still direct them to the right center without making noise.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Starmario(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
WonderManly:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-doctors-nurses-flee-as-suspected-cases-hit-lagos-hospital/

Saying that the health workers fled, is no very true, saying the kept quite a distance and we're scared is understandable

But even if they fled to think of it, I feel they should not be blamed completely because if the lack the means to fight the infection, where would they have the zeal to fight

It would be stupid to just embrace someone showing the symptoms na...saym u be doctor ko nurse doesn't make you immuned
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by JANK23H(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
atiku4President:

How much is their life insurance, if any? Let the Senators that collect Hazard allowance go and attend to them.
I hope you will still say this if you or your loved one find yourself in such situation.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Farki: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
kikero:

So if you, God forbid, had covid 19, and you went to a hospital for help and the staff ran away from you....shey you would clap for them?

Why would I be stupid and run to any hospital knowing that they lack the facilities to treat me and I might put other vulnerable people at risk?

I will make use of the hotline built specifically for this purpose, if they don't answer I will present myself to the infectious disease hospital in Yaba, which the staff there already told them to do if the story is correct.

Not all hospitals are made equal and if a patient can't be taken care of they get referred to a place that can. I have worked in hospitals before so I know how these things go.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
Farki:

Why would I be stupid and run to any hospital knowing that they lack the facilities to treat me and I might put other vulnerable people at risk?

I will make use of the hotline built specifically for this purpose, if they don't answer I will present myself to the infectious disease hospital in Yaba, which the staff there already told them to do if the story is correct.

Not all hospitals are made equal and if a patient can't be taken care of they get referred to a place that can. I have worked in hospitals before so I know how these things go.

And what if you don't live in Lagos?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Farki: 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
kikero:

And what if you don't live in Lagos?

This scenario is about Lagos don't twist it. The foreigners did not do the right thing. People in other states are meant to call the relevant authorities and self isolate until arrangements can be made for them.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by prospaj: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
May God help us in this nation, they are too many wrong things going on.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by mistarsam(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
espn:
Lol...Someone said you have to be brave...be brave in this useless country and go to your early grave...ONLY WHEN THE SYSTEM IS WORKING YOU CAN DECIDE TO BE BRAVE...

I need to report some corrupt officials that have refused to give us light since we turned down there proposal to put us on a 33 KVA supply channel...They have thrown us into complete darkness since then while other estate we share same source of supply from still have constant light....Anyone with the right source...Link...email...social media handle...

Google Nigeria consumer protection council email address
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by kristo123: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
Who wan die
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by AsawanaDgreat: 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Oso life.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by chronique(m): 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Can you imagine the kind of idiots manning medical facilities in this country? That the patients were suspected to have covid 19 now means that they should take to their heels and start screaming like a bunch of retards? Why couldn't they quietly refer them to the where they could be properly attended to in the first place?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
It is a pity that so many educated people are very ignorant, simply because their brain has been destroyed by dogmatic religions.

The COVID 19 Pandemic is handled globally as War Time Presidential Mandate. Mr. Trump of America used Executive Order and Pronounce this a War Time and deployed millions of American Military into the war front and ordered Citizens to stay indoors while the Bioweapon codenamed Corona Virus is defeated as it's deployed.

It is a real war against the Human Consciousness, YET, some mor0ns on Nairaland support fleeing Medics. It is a war time and I can guarantee you all, that if the right measures are not taken by Hospital Employees it will required forcing grown men from their homes to take a crash course on how to eradicate Corona Virus from your city, it is war and just as adult men are drafted into the military during war, that is how it is going to be.

So, tolerating an idea that someone who signed and swore to work to save the Life of Humans in exchange for a source livelihood will run away when the events come, requires questioning the sanity of those who support such act of neglect.

I strongly wish Nigeria had a President, this is the right time to promulgate a Decree making it illegal to refuse treatment or stigmatize any sick person.

All hospital staff must be trained on how to handle Covid-19 and all required equipments provided. Billions have been donated, it is not meant to sit in accounts. The country needs millions of ventilators and bed spaces.

The good thing about Corona is that most hospitals in the world will be better equipped with ventilators now. That itself is progress.

Corona has united families now than ever before in recorded history, and also help talk sense to the infected politicians, decimate the income of wealthy, touch the heart of the philanthropist and kill those with weak immune system as well as allow humans stay indoor while nature reset the air, the fields and ocean.

The medics who fled should be punished, we can not tolerate such nonsense.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by chronique(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So their first and only response is to be shouting "God forbid, Coronavirus is not my portion, security come and send them away"? Even if you won't let them disembark, why not turn them back(refer them to the right place) in a sensible and professional manner? Not surprised at y'all responses, it's how you guys act in your various places of work...it's in the blood. This is Nigeria...bunch of unprofessional idiots.

Well said. Bunch of retards. Surprising to see another set of retards supporting them here. If you have ever been to the general hospital and witnessed how most of them attend to patients ehn, they would disgust you. Bunch of lousy rude unprofessional idiots.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
They went to Gbagada General Hospital and not Infectious Disease Hospital. And l don't think they were trained to handle covid 19, and they obviously were not kitted with any protective wear.
optimistD:
Why are they always running. Even if they bring the patience in a stretcher, you are a professional for goodness sake. Were they not trained to handle this? Do they not use protective wears? Phewm.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Benwems(m): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So their first and only response is to be shouting "God forbid, Coronavirus is not my portion, security come and send them away"? Even if you won't let them disembark, why not turn them back(refer them to the right place) in a sensible and professional manner? Not surprised at y'all responses, it's how you guys act in your various places of work...it's in the blood. This is Nigeria...bunch of unprofessional idiots.
Leave let them be talking rubbish. Most Nigerians don’t have common sense. Simply refer the person to the right place, they are running away.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by 9gerian: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
By now any hospital, clinic or pharmacy that does not have personal protective equipment and proper training for its staff on duty is not fit to be open for the health business.

This is an indictment on the heads of those facilities all the way to the chain of management to the health ministry, health commissioner and the governor!

How can you head a facility and not take responsibility by ensuring that reasonable care is taken to protect all staff against any eventuality?

Even if they have to refer the patients elsewhere it should be done in an organized and helpful manner. The doctor in charge should be able to contact the necessary facility and get them referred for prompt attention on getting there. That is where most of the money being donated should be spent not all the publicity drive that we keep seeing.

Shame on the head of that facility and the entire chain of management and up to the biggest culprit- Federal Ministry of Health!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails / Coronavirus: Rivers State Border Closure In Pictures / Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.