Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus (60310 Views)

FG Issues Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Johnsinia(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

They've not handled it any better. Their president was calling it a hoax and an attempt by the opposing political party to hurt his chance at reelection. They had more than 3 months to prepare but only started taking it seriously 2 weeks ago. So don't be too quick to judge. They have nurses wearing garbage bags instead of gowns; medical staff reusing disposable masks for 1 week due to shortages. But nooooo you all want to cast the Nigerian government as being inadequate when the whole world is having a challenge right now.
My friend, leave the USA alone, they are 1000000 miles ahead of Nigeria. They can cope with it. They are not just looking for a temporary cure but a permanent cure for the whole world including your gabbage Nigeria. They are world giant. USA is not in anyway your mate to be dragging right with, go and drag with Niger pls
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Litmus: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Germany to fly out 7,000 tourists stuck in South Africa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-47639452?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5e81cef49103f706576cef57%26Germany%20to%20fly%20out%207%2C000%20tourists%20stuck%20in%20South%20Africa%262020-03-30T11%3A47%3A27.644Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:f9d70f0a-3946-4731-b657-5067344f6317&pinned_post_asset_id=5e81cef49103f706576cef57&pinned_post_type=share
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by ashybabs(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
oSé doomsday. you are the one who is truly ignorant. let's assume you're right the virus is fatal and Soo infectious it's going to be the end of the world...
so in you're infinite wisdom you leave your host community with way less exposure than the one you're returning too going by your logic "If catch the virus where am going; there is ventilator to treat me"
didirin why not run to the U.K since they have more ventilators than nigeria
ARE YOU NOT DAFT?
don't quote me again if you cannot comprehend simple wisdom
shogsman:

You're very ignorant,thoughts like this is why I am scared for this country during this period, cos most of you don't even understand the situation of this,someone like you now just take nscdc number as a yardstick to measure this issue,we don't even have test kit to test people let alone resources to tackle the disease, if one million Nigerians are tested right now more than 300,000 of them could be positive,that Is how bad the situation is now,the only people nscdc tested are high profile cases not the real Nigerians. Even foreigners understand the impending doom that is why they're running back.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Johnsinia:
My friend, leave the USA alone, they are 1000000 miles ahead of Nigeria. They can cope with it. They are not just looking for a temporary cure but a permanent cure for the whole world including your gabbage Nigeria. They are world giant. USA is not in anyway your mate to be dragging right with, go and drag with Niger pls

They are not our mates yet, their nurses are using thrash bags for protection? They are not our mates yet their medical staff are reusing disposable masks for 1 week. You are right, they are not our mates when it comes to dealing with contagious infections, we are way ahead of them.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
sulaak:

You plan and design for eventual failure. Storing test kits for future epidemic or pandemic is the way sensible government operate.

For whatever reason, you believe that government should not plan for an epidemic or pandemic which is what we are currently experiencing. COVID-19 is relating to Influenza, I doubt any trained virologist will not have knowledge of the how Spanish flu mutated from droplets to an airborne pandemic that infected 500 million and killed 10 million.

We are at the very early stages of this pandemic and reading on the previous pandemic such as the Spanish Flu, I notice common similarities in the events that are currently transpiring such as drug poisoning, economic downturn and the virus mutate into different strains.

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

Oga you cannot stock pile testing kits for an infection that's novel to the scientific world. Stop making baseless arguments. If there's a widespread infection of the Spanish Flu, Polio and other illnesses combated in the past, there will be better prepared. I repeat you cannot have test kits for an unknown virus unless of course you have psychic powers to predict the future.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

For now. With only 111 cases so far, Nigeria's health system is already underfunctioning; you even hear of doctors and nurses running away from suspected patients and the difficulty of getting through official lines. I can imagine what would happen when the number of infections rises to its possible maximum; going by trends in other highly populated countries which were unable to contain their infections (the US is 145000+ infected and rising). The Nigerian health system will be overwhelmed much more rapidly and at much lower infection figures than Israel.

I guess our younger population mitigates the effect of the virus a bit. But we really really need a proactive decision making system right now and a lot of speed work. Our legislative body is not really used to the kind of extremely efficient management system needed right now. It is kind of like using a traffic police team in a situation where a navy seal team is required.

Right now, our only real hope right now is that;

1. The heat truly limits the infection/ transmission rates or at least the severity of the symptoms, and
2. The Chloroquine cure does really work and that the federal government approves its use very fast and gears up its production capacity very very quickly.

Otherwise, we're up shit creek without a swimsuit. I already suspect that more people are likely to be infected than have been confirmed.

Exactly. The heat probably has an effect along with our habit of drinking chloroquine for malaria. We will weather the storm better than other countries, I guarantee it.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
SirLakes:

Haha,
You are daft
bye

Not as daft as you though.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

Exactly. The heat probably has an effect along with our habit of drinking chloroquine for malaria. We will weather the storm better than other countries, I guarantee it.

Amen to that. Let's hope you're right.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
SirLakes:

Oya tell us the figures, Mr news watcher

The time and data you spend on romance section on nairaland could be used reading world news. Think about that.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Johnsinia(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

They are not our mates yet, their nurses are using thrash bags for protection? They are not our mates yet their medical staff are reusing disposable masks for 1 week. You are right, they are not our mates when it comes to dealing with contagious infections, we are way ahead of them.
You are seriously mad or about to...
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
Johnsinia:
You are seriously mad or about to...

I believe you are referring to your dad.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Leukophobia: 12:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Leukophobia:
Now that is a country that cares for it's citizens.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 5:47am On Mar 31, 2020
enomakos:

you are wrong we have more covid-19 infected people than israel,only the elites have gone for the tests,poor man de go church for healing

You know this because you telepathically tested everyone in Nigeria right?
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 5:58am On Mar 31, 2020
Rajosh:
so you believe the nonsense report ncdc is releasing?
Nigeria has not tested more up to 2000 people yet. many more are carrying it.

Maybe, maybe not. Until more people are tested, no one knows for sure. When you produce 7 billion testing kits to test the whole world, do let us know.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 6:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

We are talking of Israel and you are talking of America.
Look at the death rate in Israel. In Israel you will not hear of health workers screaming "corona viris "" and rejecting patients because their hazard allowance is 5k. All these and much more

Ok so while the rest of the world is struggling to contain the virus, you believe israel is doing an uber stellar job at it. Okay.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2020
icedbreez:

You are not looking ahead into the next three or four weeks when the pandemic is likely to peak in Africa.
The Israelis are thinking more than you.

Maybe, maybe not. Epidemiologists are anticipating a decrease in the spread of the virus as the weather gets warmer. The heat in Africa right now is hotter than summers in most of the badly hit countries. Stop praying for doom and gloom for your country, a positive attitude goes a long way.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by chewwie(m): 6:41am On Mar 31, 2020
JamParkMe:

Perhaps. But they will be more exposed and will be heading to a country who's healthcare facilities are currently overwhelmed. Should've stayed right here in Nigeria if you ask me.
I wouldn't advice my enemy to stay in Nigeria at a time like this, our healthcare is practically nonexistent, believe me, I'm around DELSUTH.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2020
JamParkMe:

Ok so while the rest of the world is struggling to contain the virus, you believe israel is doing an uber stellar job at it. Okay.
Much better than your own country. Remmeber the gist was about services on Israel vs services in Niggeria
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by shogsman(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2020
ashybabs:
oSé doomsday. you are the one who is truly ignorant. let's assume you're right the virus is fatal and Soo infectious it's going to be the end of the world...
so in you're infinite wisdom you leave your host community with way less exposure than the one you're returning too going by your logic "If catch the virus where am going; there is ventilator to treat me"
didirin why not run to the U.K since they have more ventilators than nigeria
ARE YOU NOT DAFT?
don't quote me again if you cannot comprehend simple wisdom
In your lame attempt to justify your ignorance you only showed how much home training you lack.hence you're not ignorant you lack basic communication skills and home training, one can only conclude there is no hope for you again, continue to wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by ashybabs(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2020
shogsman:

In your lame attempt to justify your ignorance you only showed how much home training you lack.hence you're not ignorant you lack basic communication skills and home training, one can only conclude there is no hope for you again, continue to wallow in your ignorance.

what relevance is this to tho topic. ose enlish teacher
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Rajosh(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
JamParkMe:

Maybe, maybe not. Until more people are tested, no one knows for sure. When you produce 7 billion testing kits to test the whole world, do let us know.
Okay sir. you're right.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by sulaak(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
JamParkMe:

Oga you cannot stock pile testing kits for an infection that's novel to the scientific world. Stop making baseless arguments. If there's a widespread infection of the Spanish Flu, Polio and other illnesses combated in the past, there will be better prepared. I repeat you cannot have test kits for an unknown virus unless of course you have psychic powers to predict the future.

No wonder Nigeria is a failed state with people like you the country will never make it.

Senegal, based on their experience with the Ebola in 2014 invested in research and development institutions that can rapidly respond to outbreaks like Ebola and COVID-19, they didn't wait for the outbreak they invested in predictive analysis, forecasting and historical data to build capability and capacity.

Nigeria is currently facing the Lassa fever epidemic and was also exposed to the Ebola outbreak but has failed to develop an initiative to fight against contagion outbreaks.

Sall and his team of researchers in the Senegalese capital, who previously worked on vaccines for yellow fever and dengue, developed the prototype for the diagnostic test in partnership with Mologic, a British biotech company founded by the inventor of a widely used pregnancy test.

READ MORE
Uganda's Bobi Wine releases song to fight coronavirus pandemic
Once ready, the tests will be produced in the UK and at a new Dakar-based facility managed by DiaTropix, a subsidiary of the Pasteur Institute that focuses on infectious disease testing.

According to Sall, the Dakar site will have an initial capacity to produce up to four million tests annually. The developers are also in early-stage talks for local manufacturing sites to be set up in other parts of the continent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnczXc0g_IE

Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by sulaak(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
domDva:
I'm sorry but your comparism is somewhat funny, USA has over 100k cases and may be only 60k ventilators and protective gears available . Now if.Nigeria has 100k outbreak how many protective gears and ventilators do you have? The whole country does not have more than 100 pieces functional vents.

Thats the angle you should look at it from..I never argued with u that they are not having challenges.
Like I.said ...the better chance u have is let it not get bad here .period. If it does, the only chance you have is God.

I think people like JamParkMe are paid government agent, working full time to support this brainfart government.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2020
sulaak:

I think people like JamParkMe are paid government agent, working full time to support this brainfart government.

No I'm just a reasonable fellow who state facts and will never conform to groupthink of the herd mentality I witness online. Only facts will get us out of this mess with less casualty.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 7:45am On Apr 01, 2020
sulaak:

No wonder Nigeria is a failed state with people like you the country will never make it.

Senegal, based on their experience with the Ebola in 2014 invested in research and development institutions that can rapidly respond to outbreaks like Ebola and COVID-19, they didn't wait for the outbreak they invested in predictive analysis, forecasting and historical data to build capability and capacity.

Nigeria is currently facing the Lassa fever epidemic and was also exposed to the Ebola outbreak but has failed to develop an initiative to fight against contagion outbreaks.

Blah blah blah blah. Does Senegal have enough testing kits to detect Corona virus? How could they have stockpiled testing kits for a novel unknown virus before it become known to the scientific community?? So Senegal has the testing kits that are designed and manufactured by American biotechnology companies meanwhile America has a dire shortage? Use your brain for once, it's not just occupying space in your head.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Much better than your own country. Remmeber the gist was about services on Israel vs services in Niggeria

I don't think so. But of course inferiority complex has made you believe Nigeria is lacking far behind when it comes to its management of the virus. You will be surprised to know that Nigeria was amongst the first countries checking temperatures at the international airport even before we had any confirmed cases. Your superpowers America and Israel weren't taking such precautions even when the death toll was mounting. Don't be hell bent in thinking Nigeria isn't handing this situation very well.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2020
JamParkMe:

I don't think so. But of course inferiority complex has made you believe Nigeria is lacking far behind when it comes to its management of the virus. You will be surprised to know that Nigeria was amongst the first countries checking temperatures at the international airport even before we had any confirmed cases. Your superpowers America and Israel weren't taking such precautions even when the death toll was mounting. Don't be hell bent in thinking Nigeria isn't handing this situation very well.
I understand your desire to want to believe all is well in that shithole but facts on ground speak for themselves. No amount of name calling will change that.
Like I stated the checking temperatures at airports has been there long before corona and was put in place to identify vicitms of ebola. Actually the device I saw in abuja airport was donated by some foreign government.
If your interventions are so "effective" isnt it ironic that the first cases came through those same airports and are still coming in.
Billions have been donated yet you cant supply one protective suit to health workers. Look at the sorry ass mess you call a country and you still come here to mouth off. SMH
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I understand your desire to want to believe all is well in that shithole but facts on ground speak for themselves. No amount of name calling will change that.
Like I stated the checking temperatures at airports has been there long before corona and was put in place to identify vicitms of ebola. Actually the device I saw in abuja airport was donated by some foreign government.
If your interventions are so "effective" isnt it ironic that the first cases came through those same airports and are still coming in.
Billions have been donated yet you cant supply one protective suit to health workers. Look at the sorry ass mess you call a country and you still come here to mouth off. SMH

Precautions are put in place to aide with early detection but they are not foolproof. Fever is one out of many symptoms associated with Corona virus; others include include muscle aches, cough and GI issues. You don't expect a thermometer to detect anything other than fever. Moreover, you also have asymptomatic individuals who later test positive.
And no, it's not ironic that a foreign government donated the device used in Abuja (I'm not even sure about the veracity of your claim but for the purpose of this arguement, I will assume its true). China donated ventilators, gowns and masks to the U.S does it mean the U.S cannot make or purchase these items? In times of disaster and emergency, the whole world pull resources to help each other. In 2019 when American Navy seals went to Thailand to rescue the group of young men trapped in a cave does it mean that Thailand is a failed state? How about the 2011 tsunami and earthquake that decimated parts of Japan, didn't the whole world rally to their aide? Does it mean Japan the 2nd richest country at the time was a failed state or a "mess of a country?" So it's obviously no surprise that during the Ebola pandemic in Nigeria, other countries came to our aide with scientific expertise and equipments. You can believe Nigeria is a shithole as much as you want but for this particular issue at hand, the fact still remains that the Israelites would've fared better staying right here in Nigeria.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2020
JamParkMe:

Precautions are put in place to aide with early detection but they are not foolproof. Fever is one out of many symptoms associated with Corona virus; others include include muscle aches, cough and GI issues. You don't expect a thermometer to detect anything other than fever. Moreover, you also have asymptomatic individuals who later test positive.
And no, it's not ironic that a foreign government donated the device used in Abuja (I'm not even sure about the veracity of your claim but for the purpose of this arguement, I will assume its true). China donated ventilators, gowns and masks to the U.S does it mean the U.S cannot make or purchase these items? In times of disaster and emergency, the whole world pull resources to help each other. In 2019 when American Navy seals went to Thailand to rescue the group of young men trapped in a cave does it mean that Thailand is a failed state? How about the 2011 tsunami and earthquake that decimated parts of Japan, didn't the whole world rally to their aide? Does it mean Japan the 2nd richest country at the time was a failed state or a "mess of a country?" So it's obviously no surprise that during the Ebola pandemic in Nigeria, other countries came to our aide with scientific expertise and equipments. You can believe Nigeria is a shithole as much as you want but for this particular issue at hand, the fact still remains that the Israelites would've fared better staying right here in Nigeria.
Clearly you are one of those who choose to see what they want to see and interprete reality to a narrative that suits them . Like I stated in earlier posts, soke prisoners will argue with you that life behind bars is better than living free. They will tell you theu dont have to worry about food and free accomodation....
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Clearly you are one of those who choose to see what they want to see and interprete reality to a narrative that suits them . Like I stated in earlier posts, soke prisoners will argue with you that life behind bars is better than living free. They will tell you theu dont have to worry about food and free accomodation....

I listed recent world events that poked holes in your argument and you resort to sentimental BS. Fact still remains, the israelites would've fared better right here in Nigeria. They went from frying pan to fire.
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
JamParkMe:

I listed recent world events that poked holes in your argument and you resort to sentimental BS. Fact still remains, the israelites would've fared better right here in Nigeria. They went from frying pan to fire.
What holes? Give me proof that the Israelis will fare better. Show me one world class health facility and stop reaching. I told you a story here of doctors, so called professionals running and creating panic in a health facility because they saw corona virus patients you are here yammering. Even your COS he is being treated in Niggeria because he doesnt have a choice. If the health sytems were working they wouldnt be evacuating. Its simple logic. You dont have to quote major world events to me
Re: Isreal Evacuates 274 Citizens From Nigeria Over Coronavirus by JamParkMe: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

What holes? Give me proof that the Israelis will fare better. Show me one world class health facility and stop reaching. I told you a story here of doctors, so called professionals running and creating panic in a health facility because they saw corona virus patients you are here yammering. Even your COS he is being treated in Niggeria because he doesnt have a choice. If the health sytems were working they wouldnt be evacuating. Its simple logic. You dont have to quote major world events to me

For this particular issue at hand, if you live in Nigeria, thank your stars. You will fare better right here in Nigeria than in any other part of the world. With all the world class health facilities, medical doctors, researchers, pharmaceutical and biotech firms in foreign nations, they are still struggling to contain this virus. Nigeria is and will fare better, facts don't lie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Raw Egg And Milk / Boy With Giant Hand Found Begging On Lagos Street (Graphic Photos) / Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.