Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,510 members, 7,823,191 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? (36897 Views)

Buttock Enlargement: After-Effect Kicks-In: Graphic Pictures/Video / See Whats Happen To Those That Wish Covid-19 On Leaders(short) / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
We will see.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by sulaak(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
kokomilala:
As I've been saying on this forum for some time now, the knock-on effect during and post COVID-19 will be huge: as people run out of food,money and patience, they'll turn against their governments. The first law of nature is survival.They'll look for ways at all costs to survive.
The world economy has roughly lost about USD 8 trillion. Many economies are collapsing.As a result, the political dynamics will unravel because state infrastructure will collapse. This is the reason why responsible governments are providing stimulus packages for their people ,to protect jobs or reassure on jobs, to give lifelines or bailouts to industrialists and loans to SMEs ,just for them to stay afloat and swim against the tides of this ocean of disaster.
On the social front ,things will never be the same again.Some people may never kiss, hug or get as close pre-covid-19.New vistas of social interactions are opening up and being tested.
How will the world get out of this force majeure? Difficult to call. Franklin Delano Roosevelt voted about USD 800 million to jump start the US economy in the 1930a during The Great Depression. Former secretary of State,Henry Marshall proposed The Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe after the ruins of World War 2.USD 300 billion.I think Obama vetoed about USD 700-800 billion to restart the US economy after the economic meltdown of 2008. I don't see Trump giving Europe any dime.
Europe will never be the same after this.Rebuilding will be slow and painful. It's time for a country to make the most of this crisis and emerge as an economic power.

As said by Winston Churchill, never waste a good crisis

A country with foresight will see the opportunities to usurp Asia economic dragons.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by chaloskyx: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
in a summary the rich would get richer and the poor poorer simple
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by mvem(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
hedonister:

You may be right. But think about the thousands that have died and the industries that they worked in.
a whole majority that have died are the old...check up the average age of deaths in Italy, it is 81 years...in US it is 80 years...in China it is 70+...it kill mostly the elderly not the young and healthy, that's why population with a young demography won't be very well affected. Italy has the oldest population in Europe with about 25%+ of their population above 70, one reason that they have it very bad there....so the vulnerable ones are not the young
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by pansophist(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
1. Lots of companies switched to working from home, and the efficiency of it during this Corona period will determine if it will be the dearth of brick and mortar office, just as online shopping has sent lots of malls to extinction.

2. Borders will be tighter, as the inflow of people without medical background check will be questioned. Lots of countries caught themselves into these by letting the inflow of people without check. As I speak now, lots of countries have begin this, such as Slovakia, North Macedonia, Georgia, and Austria.

3. There will be an increased tension between the west (particularly the US) and China, and the animosity will only deepened. But on the good side, there will be a huge backlash and criticism concerning the expensive healthcare system that routinely send family to bankruptcy, just for common issues such as medical test and preventative care (particularly the US).

4. I expect lots of people to start criticising religion and their pastors, as it should be expected that if they cant heal the sick, they should at least contribute financially or qualitatively, and not remain silent in this hard time. Also, citizens will see how fragile their life is without any financial security and governmental irresponsibility.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
A series of companies went bankrupt, unemployment increased
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by kokomilala(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
@sulaak, exactly.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by silverkings: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Cross the bridge when you get there.

Meanwhile, concentrate on making it through this pandemic first.

New and improved Covid-20 (specifically cooked for Africans) is gradually making its way in. Kyari is the vector and has been a cheerful giver.

\
Lol u guys are funny
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by MERCHANDISER: 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ochuksbaba:
The after effects ??

The long route through Libya road will be covered with weeds because Italy will be more than happy to issue free visas to Africans to come populate their land.

The visa will be in 2 categories,,one for Africans and the other for Edo people.
China will then rule the world
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by luluman: 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
biafraisdead:
It will reset the economy of most countries.
Hope it also reset the leadership of most countries.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Laidebrain(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
The reason there is record number of Americans filling for unemployment is that their current employer are doing them a favour of releasing them now, because they don't know the future of the economy, if they are not released now, and the pandemic hit harder, the companies might not be able to cater for them and they will simultaneously loss out for the unemployment benefits which will run till the end of the period

ValCon888:

Which jobs? Are you not hearing there's a record number of Americans filing for unemployment?
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by mechanics(m): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
And more job opportunities in those countries.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by ValCon888: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Laidebrain:

The reason there is record number of Americans filling for unemployment is that their current employer are doing them a favour of releasing them now, because they don't know the future of the economy, if they are not released now, and the pandemic hit harder, the companies might not be able to cater for them and they will simultaneously loss out for the unemployment benefits which will run till the end of the period

You made a good point.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by salford1: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
effissyman:
Have been thinking of this since last month, no doubt about it that corona virus had cause series of deaths in many countries including USA, Spain, Italy, France, China, Australia, Canada , UK to mention few.

This had cause increase in Mortality rate of these countries which automatically means decrease in population of these countries.

My conclusion:

After this corona pandemic is over most of these countries will be lenient with their visa procedure and process and also allowing easy inflow of immigrants to their countries.

This is my observation which i see as a kind of Favour to some set of people that have been looking for opportunity to migrate.

Please kindly add your own observation of what the after effect of COVID 19 will be

What do you think?
This won't necessarily lead to increase migration. Most people affected are pensioners/retirees. The aim of immigration of most countries is to increase tax base due so that people's pension can be paid.
If migration continues at present numbers or increases, it won't be because of Corona.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by salford1: 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
effissyman:

Exactly what am saying .. they will need more immigrants to fill the jobs which means they will lower the visa application process to accommodate them.
The jobs that are gone with the recession? In a space of 2weeks, 1million jobs were lost in Canada. And from my experience, when recession happens, employer become more creative/leaner. They would invent ways of doing more with less - as in the case of Alberta, Canada which has been in a recession for a while before Covid.

hedonister:
People have been dying from other diseases and events, so this won't be a new thing. However, i think there has been a tremendous loss in expertise in many countries affected. For instance, Italy has lost hundreds of doctors to Covid19 and would want to replenish the skillset when it ends and so they would be more lenient with Immigration. Same with the US, Spain and some other countries affected.
This though. Italy has so far lost just over 30 doctors. And they will have new grads to replace them. US has enough grad from it's uni and Americans studying in the Carribean medical schools.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Focusingmore: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
viccipedia:
read what? I Dey display facts for you, you still dey talk. Freedom fuels capitalism. Where there is no freedom, capitalism can’t exist. I don’t know how to explain to you guys why you can’t call China an outright capitalist state. But not to worry. The bone of contention here is we’re coming to the end of capitalism and we will all watch it happen... you prolly haven’t gotten the real picture of what’s at hand.

So much bs . The western yts fed you well.

Continue.. ignorance will kill Africa
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by chizpim(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
ideabuilder:
In Nigeria, I don't think it would reset anything.

But globally, I see China becoming stronger than USA
that's why Trump wants to restart their economy back
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by lenghtinny(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ochuksbaba:
The after effects ??

The long route through Libya road will be covered with weeds because Italy will be more than happy to issue free visas to Africans to come populate their land.

The visa will be in 2 categories,,one for Africans and the other for Edo people.

You dey mad gringringringrin
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Sprumbaba: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
ideabuilder:
In Nigeria, I don't think it would reset anything.

But globally, I see China becoming stronger than USA

Will quote you next year when China is stronger than the US. They are using pandemic to gain global domination.

They infected the world with Pandemic. Sent test equipments to all countries and even offered experts with it. They reached out to all African countries as well as Europe including Nigeria (Which Nigeria took the offer as well). Last weekend, other countries found out all fake Chinese test equipment are giving false results and not good.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Thryphosa(m): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ochuksbaba:
The after effects ??

This got me LOL!
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by danigbo(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Last las we all go dey alright

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Be a real niggarrr and show that huzzle some respect
Don't just call it yahoo
Say bombing, huzzle or rather street

And let me tell you a secret niggarrr
There is never going to be shortage of clients anytime
For every day we wake a client is being born

And format and tools are updated.
Courier tracking format, online banking!
Even as at today your ATM card can be used for transaction without your bank sending you OTP( one-time password)
Which means niggarrrz now can bypass OTP obstacles

Congratulations .
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by redsun(m): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lagisuans hay turns to cannibalism to survive the nightmare. There is no government to cater to the grounded and hungry citizens and if the lockdown continues for a long time, hungry people will obviously take look laws into their hands to feed.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by remedick: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Will quote you next year when China is stronger than the US. They are using pandemic to gain global domination.

They infected the world with Pandemic. Sent test equipments to all countries and even offered experts with it. They reached out to all African countries as well as Europe including Nigeria (Which Nigeria took the offer as well). Last weekend, other countries found out all fake Chinese test equipment are giving false results and not good.
when most of you talk like this, I wonder IF you are into business or you are just someone who gets paid at the end of the month by your employer.

Which global dominance are you people talking about when there is already resentment towards Chinese products. I know a bunch of friends who can't sell their merchandise right now because of the "Made In China" on the products.

Their test kit has been bring back false positives and false negatives which made Spain government return the kits back.

If they develop a vaccine and India develop theirs, the world would rather buy from India than China. It seems you have no idea how these guys will suffer after dust settles.

In coming years, governments of nations will streamline policies to attract Industrialisation closer to home and the means gradual moves away from depending on China... it will take time but it will be achieved in eventually.

Nations will focus of bio science than ever before, nationalism with take center stage than globalization.

Summarily, the world will never remain the same again because stringent travel policies will be enacted to help reform aviation sector. If any, instant virus test may be required at airports and immediate quarantining if need be...

a lot and a lot of things will be changed.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Realtizzy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Last las we all go dey alright

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Be a real niggarrr and show that huzzle some respect
Don't just call it yahoo
Say bombing, huzzle or rather street

And let me tell you a secret niggarrr
There is never going to be shortage of clients anytime
For every day we wake a client is being born

And format and tools are updated.
Courier tracking format, online banking!
Even as at today your ATM card can be used for transaction without your bank sending you OTP( one-time password)
Which means niggarrrz now can bypass OTP obstacles
Bro plz can you private chat me on whatsapp via 07035811327 or better still drop how i go take reach u�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Focusingmore: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
remedick:
when most of you talk like this, I wonder IF you are into business or you are just someone who gets paid at the end of the month by your employer.

Which global dominance are you people talking about when there is already resentment towards Chinese products. I know a bunch of friends who can't sell their merchandise right now because of the "Made In China" on the products.

Their test kit has been bring back false positives and false negatives which made Spain government return the kits back.

If they develop a vaccine and India develop theirs, the world would rather buy from India than China. It seems you have no idea how these guys will suffer after dust settles.

In coming years, governments of nations will streamline policies to attract Industrialisation closer to home and the means gradual moves away from depending on China... it will take time but it will be achieved in eventually.

Nations will focus of bio science than ever before, nationalism with take center stage than globalization.

Summarily, the world will never remain the same again because stringent travel policies will be enacted to help reform aviation sector. If any, instant virus test may be required at airports and immediate quarantining if need be...

You are right about everything apart from China, there's no country in the world that can equal China's manufacturing capabilities.

The west cannot make cheap products like China because of their currency and wages.

Yes China will initially be resented but it won't last long because theirs no alternative.

At best Western countries will become more self reliant using automation , but they can't cater to world demands.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Sprumbaba: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
remedick:

Well said. It will even change the way we greet each other.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Sprumbaba: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Focusingmore:

You are right about everything apart from China, there's no country in the world that can equal China's manufacturing capabilities.

The west cannot make cheap products like China because of their currency and wages.

Yes China will initially be resented but it won't last long because theirs no alternative.

At best Western countries will become more self reliant using automation , but they can't cater to world demands.

lol. Vietnam is the alternative and other south asia countries (India also). Even China is using foreigners now in their manufacturing because the wages in China is getting higher and living conditions have improved. By the way, India is now the upcoming super power.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by DeepSight(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
naptu2
Please indulge me with your views on the overall consequences of this outbreak and follow-on economic shut downs. Include your assessment of available conspiracy theories please. Thank you.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by remedick: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
Focusingmore:

Saying it is not possible is like saying things last forever and you KNOW this is not true.

Before China, there were others. Do not forget there are neighbouring countries to China that will pounce on the opportunity if presented with it.

Nothing last forever bro..NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Focusingmore: 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sprumbaba:

lol. Vietnam is the alternative and other south asia countries (India also). Even China is using foreigners now in their manufacturing because the wages in China is getting higher and living conditions have improved. By the way, India is now the upcoming super power.

You are correct.

https://www.intouch-quality.com/blog/3-key-factors-for-sourcing-in-vietnam

it will take some time though , we'll see how it plays out.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? by Legendguru: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? / Francis Megwa, Nigerian Doctor Who Knew ‘Near Nothing’ Faces Panel In Ireland / Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.