Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test (82594 Views)

Laila Abubakar Ali Dies Of Coronavirus In USA / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:

they don't sell drugs like that without a doctors prescription or a note from a pharmacist

You guys should understand the difference between prescription and over the counter (OTC) drugs. You don't need no prescription to buy drugs like motrin, ibuprofen and any other OTC medications.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Where are all those people that like insulting Nigeria? Hope you now see this problem is not specific to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Justinah2605(f): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2020
So pathetic

rip
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by GermanMelania: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Make una do lose weight o. Obesity is a preexisting condition for Covid.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2020
snowland:

Abeg, that's not true. I was a migrant and I cant count the number of times I've been treated here without health insurance. Here, it's life first before money. Once you survive, you'll get your bills in the mail..

At the US or Canada? You need to be specific so you don't mislead people

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by lastempero: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Too bad. Had this happened in Nigeria we would have blamed it on negligence and incompetence. Unfortunately even in the so called civilized country, he still died without even a fight from the medics. My condolences to the bereaved family and friends.

U people dive at anything just to hype the failed govt, you cant compare death with sleep.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Jelzin2412(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry

It's unfortunate he had to go this way and may his soul find eternal rest. However, in the UK healthcare is free except for illegal immigrants but in this COVID-19 scourge, healthcare delivery is free to all persons with the disease that requires treatment or assessment regardless of your immigration status.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by lastempero: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2020
Nooil:

At the US or Canada? You need to be specific so you don't mislead people

In most civilized country even in europe,our people without documentation are just afraid to go.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2020
DAVE5:

So what exactly did the other patients use, I mean those that didn't use CQ but recovered

Supportive care

IV fluids for dehydration

Oxygen for breathing issues

Antibiotics to prevent any bacterial superinfection

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by GermanMelania: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2020
DiplomaticFatma:

Never knew animal like you still exist o, na you and your family next week go bad for o.

Leave those kain people alone. They have never left the shores. They think dying in america is bstter than living in nigeria. And maybe for thwm it is. But until you go. Nigeriabs thrive in america because other nigerians are your security blanket. You will usually meet someone to guids or help you making your transition easier. Moving anywhere is never a piece of cake..

3 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by odonkoro: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Man inhumanity to man; had this happen in Nigeria, we would say if it were in the US, such a thing can never happen. I am not complimenting some of the glaring incompetency as sometime displayed here anyway. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by iammo(m): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Xda59:

You guys should understand the difference between prescription and over the counter (OTC) drugs. You don't need no prescription to buy drugs like motrin, ibuprofen and any other OTC medications.

people being treated with Hydrochloroquine haven't survived it you are talking of painkillers
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by lastempero: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I am just here thinking of what will befall illegal migrants if they get this virus embarassed

They are been treated,just that fear wont let them visit the hospital.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2020
lastempero:

In most civilized country even in europe,our people without documentation are just afraid to go.

That's not entirely true

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by robosky02(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2020
Adieu
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by lastempero: 11:18am On Mar 30, 2020
Nooil:

That's not entirely true

The word " most" in the statement covers your observation.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by omocalabar(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2020
ojaydedon:

It's well with you bro... He doesn't look 25 and I expressed surprise... You didn't have to quote me or call me a fool.. it's not nice.. if you have any displeasure in my comment, there are better civil ways to State them..

Stay safe... SHALLOM
Am sorry for that...I knew the guy personally. Am still in shock
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by able20(m): 11:21am On Mar 30, 2020
Some mumu naija people will still tell you that Mr Trump is the best.

3 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2020
lastempero:

The word " most" in the statement covers your observation.

It's good you added most because I know for a fact that people without health insurance in the US treat themselves at home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by ogbuefi677(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Too bad. Had this happened in Nigeria we would have blamed it on negligence and incompetence. Unfortunately even in the so called civilized country, he still died without even a fight from the medics. My condolences to the bereaved family and friends.
You didn't read where it was stated he was on a ventilator for a week?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sirhamilton(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by DAVE5(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

Supportive care

IV fluids for dehydration

Oxygen for breathing issues

Antibiotics to prevent any bacterial superinfection

I guess all of those things are only available in a hospital

May God help us through the dark times
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Ladycewhy(f): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
lastempero:

They are been treated,just that fear wont let them visit the hospital.
I hope so ,I just hope so.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Sufisunni: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry
Even 17 yrs old white was denied treatment in the US and end up dying. Though Trump gov't has said that testing is free since federal government is distributing kits, but afterwards, treatment is not free so one will need health insurance for treatment

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sirhamilton(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:

It would be nice if you don't make comments on a subject you have zero knowledge on. Don't say things based on hearsays on a public forum unless it's something you've personally experienced or have verified.

Sometime in 2018 I was sick and had no insurance at the time, I got medical attention first from an emergency room and then a few days later from a county hospital. I personally know a friend who got into an accident and had an emergency surgery, his bill was over 30k. It's not like this is free health care, no ER or hospital in the US turns you away; you get the needed medical attention and in a couple of weeks you get the bill in the mail

3 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Focusingmore: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2020
They denied him a test , the article didn't say he had no health insurance...

Are you seeing what I'm seeing.

I know say Una no go see anything , Hamites are cursed with tunnel vision aka no pattern recognition. angry

Rip bro
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by oludavkay: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

In this case, the problem is, the corona virus situation in the US is so severe that they are already running out of resources.

Also, the symptoms he had.? I treated a patient here in Naija two months ago with similar symptoms. Had pneumonia, not covid 19. My point is, the symptoms for covid 19 can mimic any other symptoms for any other disease.

At the moment there is no definitive treatment for the virus. Chloroquine is being trialed properly, as are some other drugs. Supportive care is the best for now.
Bros, they don't need all that assumption. They should've tested him, at least there is a test kit for coronavirus by now
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by bluefilm: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2020
What does he need the testing for?

They should have fed him with some chloroquine!
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2020
oludavkay:

Bros, they don't need all that assumption. They should've tested him, at least there is a test kit for coronavirus by now

If they tested him , the best they could have done is admit him and give him supportive care which may or may not have.saved him

Chloroquine may not have helped either.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:
After this, i think everyone should start working out. Keeping your body in shape is a way to build your immune system

Lol, it's not only working out. Your diet plays a big role.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki / Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo) / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.