Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic (67907 Views)

Anambra Landlady Pours Hot Water Mixed With Pepper On Tenant Over Rent / Man Arrested For Brutalizing His Housemaid Over Sex In Rivers State / “rich” Man Begs For Dear Life After Being Mobbed For Brutalizing A “poor” Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by jacoik(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
oluseyiforjesus:
I won't be surprise if they inherited d house frm their grandfather
God bless you bro
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Alexis105: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
P.s.i
Permanent scar injury from the devil

The tenants house, the pumping machine was connected direct.
So na she go dey pay pumping machine money.
Landlord too wicked. He no connect pumping machine go him side. U can imagine the wayo landlord

Before nkor... NEPA bill is understandable, but asking someone to pay for water bill is outrageous. So y I my now paying that high house rent?? Oga make una still dey reason ooo
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by jacoik(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I do not subscribe to violence but some tenants are extremely annoying. One even had the impudence to tell me that he thought I had collected water and electric bill with the house rent. Who does that?
shut up guy. Some landlord does. My tenants don't pay electricity bill and water here my vi
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ladychioma: 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
So pathetic, how can you inflict such injury on your fellow human being!.
The tenants are quite irresponsible for not to have paid for utility bills. Even if you cannot pay immediately, can't you plead with your landlord/ landlady to give you sometime to pay?. Wisdom is profitable
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Aystarz: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:
She must have been beefing the tenant. Prolly hotter than her.
That is why I try to avoid any fisticuffs with anybody especially girls. You don't know who's beefing your fine face.

Nah I don't think so. What I think is that the landlady - just like most Igbo wives who are ever - quick to showcase their support for and loyalty to their husband's course even if he's guilty as Bleep - only wanted to defend her husband.
You never see Igbo woman dey join mouth with her husband to rain insults on someone before?? Go figure. They do it better than any other tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Billygee2u: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
dawnomike:
That is what happens when husband and wife happen to be cultist during their school days
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Iseoluwani: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
Inception:

The people that shared your post are just miserable tenants

big boss quite a long time.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Aystarz:

Nah I don't think so. What I think is that the landlady - just like most Igbo wives who are ever - quick to showcase their support for and loyalty to their husband's course even if he's guilty as Bleep - only wanted to defend her husband.
You never see Igbo woman dey join mouth with her husband to rain insults on someone before?? Go figure. They do it better than any other tribe.

I don't get the drift of your comment.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by fof1: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

You want to keep enjoying where you did not sow.

Is that not wickedness.

See what you caused yourself.

When you get well, try and pay before you pack out.

Did u see and read what Posted or commented? Are u in ur same mind to have made this ignoble comment? Did u understand what is at stake? If u are a land lord,is that how U will conduct urself? Shame on u Wicked Fellows and Companions. Only Water and Light Bill's,u behaved like a Cultist, so if it were d Real Rent! U will Kill d Woman abi? Bush Fellows. Where is Restrain from both of them? Pls. They are in for a loooong legal battle. And I bet u, d Tenant will have d Day. Let's see.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Aystarz: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

I don't get the drift of your comment.

I'm just saying a typical Igbo woman would do anything to support/defender her husband. It doesn't matter whether he's guilty or innocent.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by unekwu212: 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
Noooo this is too much
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by stagger: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Carfreak966:
But why park into a compound and you know the rent or electricity bill will be heavy for you to pay. Personally I can’t rent a house I will not be able to raise the rent between 2-3 months.

He has the right to disconnect the water. It was as a result of she not paying the light was cut off.

Mr man, no landlord under Nigerian law has the right to disconnect a tenant's water supply, electricity supply or anything else. Not only will they go to prison for attempted murder, the woman will sue for damages and she will make millions. The court can even seize the said property and sell it to pay the woman any damages that are awarded in her favour if she sues for civil damages.

Many of you think Nigeria is a banana republic where anything goes. Self-help or taking the law into your hands is not allowed.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by TIGRITIS: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by gibzzhd: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
in rumukwrushi port Harcourt last week a land lady and her children killed a tenant who wanted to vacate the apartment over unsettled light bills.
police came after land lady and children have ran away and killed another tenant.
It was comic and pathetic
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Aystarz:

I'm just saying a typical Igbo woman would do anything to support/defender her husband. It doesn't matter whether he's guilty or innocent.

Okies Okies...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Katuul: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

Is that not wickedness.

You must be very stupid and brainless. What a society, I see you doing worse.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
6digitscomrade:
the landlady and landlord should be jailed.. because for one to return and ambush another in their apartment after an altercation shows premeditation and looking at the choice weapon and target area she was going for the neck .. now if she was decapitated as a result will she feign ignorance as usual or blame the devil? Personally I think there’s more to the story ..the landlady has underlying beef..
the offence is bailable while the scar remains forever (considering the fact that he could build a house in Lagos so he can give the police any amount they quoted).... I'm not justifying the wicked act.

If she couldn't pay for bills(electricity & water) not that she didn't have the money but just to cause an unnecessary issues between the wife and her husband and the entire neighbourhood(tenant's stubbornness and I-don-care attitude) which I have many of them in my own house.

Trust me, she must've been discussing this with some of the useless neighbours and now they're nowhere to be found.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ariefadenco: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
The best thing to do is to recover premises through lawful means and show the person shege during enforcement.

Say no to self helf.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
dominique:

Read the story well. There was nowhere it was stated that the tenant was owing rent, she only refused to pay the power bills because the evil landlord connected the pumping machine to her apartment. Who will accept such? If it's a prepaid meter the apartment is using, it will be very unfair if one tenant have to pay for the water the entire house is using. Pumping machine consumes a lot of power units, she may have to pay double of the power she's consuming because the landlord wanted to play a fast one on her. Attacking her like that further goes to show the kind of deranged human beings the landlord and his wife are. I hope they don't escape this, they must be charged to court and get sentenced to jail

The way the woman was attacked is very wrong and should not be condone by anyone. that's a good point to take.
Meanwhile, you should read the story well as u pointed out.
You're just importing cases in. It wasn't stated anywhere that it was a prepaid meter they are using; so, all these assumptions are not needed to objectively analyse the situation. The lady in question has not paid her water and Nepa bill - that had made her to be owing as it is, even if she has paid her rent to the space she's occupying in the landlord's house. Her act of not paying has inconvenienced all the occupants of that building - is that a fair act?
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by tommy589(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
ValCon888:
Now the tenant will continue sleeping in your house while you sleep in a cell.
If you're patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow...

Prison is their next abode. Many landlords and landladies are langushing in prisons for succumbing to anger.
My advise,build house to rent as an investment if you have the money.But don't depend on it as a steady source of income in your younger days, see it as an investment for later years.
Lagos laws on tenancy is tenants friendly. Some terrible tenants will pay for a year and stopped paying when tenancy expired. They welcome it if you take them to court or mediation center, it is an opportunity to stay extra years of non payment before final rulings
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Iceberg3: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

Is that not wickedness.

Kindly Shut up, thank you
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Iceberg3: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
obembet:
Tenat: Oyize Peter
landlord: Ubasinachi Ekweozor
Landlord wife: Anulika

This is family matters..

Nobody should come to west and cause trouble o.

Shattap chief tenant and go and pay your overdue rent to ya Igbo landlord

grin grin
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I do not subscribe to violence but some tenants are extremely annoying. One even had the impudence to tell me that he thought I had collected water and electric bill with the house rent. Who does that?

I'm a tenant in Lagos. And a Landlord elsewhere. At the end of the day it's your property. If it isn't well maintained it will lose rent value. I make it clear to my tenants that I'm responsible for coom areas. They are responsible for the internals.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
stagger:

Mr man, no landlord under Nigerian law has the right to disconnect a tenant's water supply, electricity supply or anything else. Not only will they go to prison for attempted murder, the woman will sue for damages and she will make millions. The court can even seize the said property and sell it to pay the woman any damages that are awarded in her favour if she sues for civil damages.

Many of you think Nigeria is a banana republic where anything goes. Self-help or taking the law into your hands is not allowed.
....... and that gives you the audacity not to pay huh?? But would like to use it... isn't that wickedness??

Not justifying the wicked act though....
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
machiavelli95:

Are you ok? So she should pay water bills and still pay the electrical bills to pump water?

oga, water bill and electricity bill are they the same thing? The bills must have been an agreement for all the occupants to pay but her. I think the focus here should be on violence they used in settling the case.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Zikyke(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
dawnomike:
That is what happens when husband and wife happen to be cultist during their school days

Shut up, don't say what you know nothing about, because I know the landlord and his wife.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
stagger:

So, the landlord is supposed to pay all the bills if the tenant refuses to?
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nickshrapnel: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
jacoik:
shut up guy. Some landlord does. My tenants don't pay electricity bill and water here my vi
Smh, I never said some landlords don’t do that, but why would I collect water and power bills for a house that I don’t live in. We never had such agreement, he was trying to play smart and I told him to leave the house at the expiration of his rent
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by hilfinity(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote][/quote][i][/i]Chineke.

Words fail me.

Is that not wickedness.

Mumu does dt justify Wat has happened to her Abi if it was ur sister u'd say it serves her right Abi

Hope u learn a lesson from this cos it seems u won't hesitate to do worse if it was u. #Spits#
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
What kind of sadistic couple is this? Jeez
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nickshrapnel: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
airsaylongcom:

I'm a tenant in Lagos. And a Landlord elsewhere. At the end of the day it's your property. If it isn't well maintained it will lose rent value. I make it clear to my tenants that I'm responsible for coom areas. They are responsible for the internals.
Some tenants are just evil, one even had to bypass the power meter and incur a debt for me
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by stagger: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
BULLIONVAN4:
....... and that gives you the audacity not to pay huh?? But would like to use it... isn't that wickedness??

Not justifying the wicked act though....

Any aggrieved landlord should use the only recognized legal means of handling such matters, and that is using lawyers and the courts.

The use of such a weapon to inflict grevious bodily harm is an attempt at life. That landlord's wife will be charged for attempted murder. Before they will come out of this, e go hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Prostitutes Held Bike Man For Refusing To Pay After Sleeping With Them. / 4 Ritualists Arrested In Ijebu Igbo, Ogun With Human Heart (disturbing Pics / 24-Year-Old Student Killed By Her Lover In Benin After She Call Off Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.