Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic (67505 Views)

Anambra Landlady Pours Hot Water Mixed With Pepper On Tenant Over Rent / Man Arrested For Brutalizing His Housemaid Over Sex In Rivers State / “rich” Man Begs For Dear Life After Being Mobbed For Brutalizing A “poor” Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by stagger: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

So, the landlord is supposed to pay all the bills if the tenant refuses to?

You should go and argue this in the courts when the landlord and wife are standing trial for attempted murder. No be to come Nairaland dey make mouth. I have been an estate chairman and I know how such disputes usually end. I have seen many.

So I do not bother arguing with small kids of yesterday. If you feel strongly about your argument, please go ahead and argue on the couple's behalf.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by redsun(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
More of this will be happening because people can't afford to pay their bills with the lockdown. Most Lagosians are hustlers and when they can't hustle, they can't eat. Even the ones on salaries may not be paid by their shylock bosses for not working unless of course, the government bails them out.

The government itself may not be able to pay its workers for doing nothing for so long. It is a delicate situation that will make it break the country. At the moment, the only consultation is that it is not a tropical virus that may not gain much ground in that chaotic land.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
stagger:

You should go and argue this in the courts when the landlord and wife are standing trial for attempted murder. No be to come Nairaland dey make mouth. I have been an estate chairman and I know how such disputes usually end. I have seen many.

So I do not bother arguing with small kids of yesterday. If you feel strongly about your argument, please go ahead and argue on the couple's behalf.

OK , so it's the responsibility of the landlord to pay for their tenants Nepa and water Bills then. Thank you ancient big boss of Days for answering my question.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by dominique(f): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

The way the woman was attacked is very wrong and should not be condone by anyone. that's a good point to take.
Meanwhile, you should read the story well as u pointed out.
You're just importing cases in. It wasn't stated anywhere that it was a prepaid meter they are using; so, all these assumptions are not needed to objectively analyse the situation. The lady in question has not paid her water and Nepa bill - that had made her to be owing as it is, even if she has paid her rent to the space she's occupying in the landlord's house. Her act of not paying has inconvenienced all the occupants of that building - is that a fair act?

Seems you missed the part I wrote if, so no assumptions were made. If you understand the story, the landlord connected the pumping machine to the Tennant's apartment so she will be the one billed for the water the whole house is using. When she refused to pay for the power bills, her power was cut off and the building was without water, the landlord now connected the pumping machine to his own apartment and cut her water off leading to the shuffle between tenant and landlord. If this tenant was owing rent, she would not have confronted the landlord like that. Would you agree to be the only one paying the bills for pumping machine because you don't want to inconvenience the other occupants of the building? Why would a landlord connect the pumping machine cables to the meter of a tenant if not wickedness and greed?
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by dominique(f): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

OK , so it's the responsibility of the landlord to pay for their tenants Nepa and water Bills then. Thank you ancient big boss of Days for answering my question.

Are you based in Nigeria? Your argument is not making sense at all
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Lordfujoe: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Some landlords needs to castrated...they just believe that once you own a building, you own the tenant....may God turn the table on most of us that are still tenants for good
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by frozen70(f): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlackDonald:
The face of a tenant, identified as Oyize Peter, was on Sunday allegedly marred by her landlord, Ubasinachi Ekweozor, and his wife, Anulika, over unpaid water and electricity bills at their house located at No, 78, Amudalatu Agodo, Ikotun, Lagos.

According to a source: “Oyize was owing electricity bills and her house was disconnected. This infuriated her landlord because the tenant’s house was also connected to the pumping machine that serves the entire compound.

So the landlord called an electrician to connect the machine’s wire to his own apartment and also called a plumber to disconnect Oyize’s pipe so she wouldn’t have water, but she didn’t allow that and it led to an exchange of words.

Calm was later restored and the tenant returned to her apartment. However, Oyize was in the kitchen when the landlady allegedly took her unawares and used an axe to mar her face.”

The victim has since been rushed to a hospital while the culprits have been whisked to Ikotun Police Station where they are currently cooling off.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Wcv3Bn8nT/

Too bad

They should just give her free rent and other bills till she us ready to pack out

What a nonsense ❗❗❗
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ccollins(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Carfreak966:
But why park into a compound and you know the rent or electricity bill will be heavy for you to pay. Personally I can’t rent a house I will not be able to raise the rent between 2-3 months.

He has the right to disconnect the water. It was as a result of she not paying the light was cut off.

consult a lawyer and go to court.don't be stupid by always thinking of self help. In sane climes, they follow the procedures of law
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ugohenry2019(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
spartan117:

I still can't understand how a sane human being will attack and inflict injuries on another person in cold blood shocked

would u prefer everybody to stay in the dark and no water just because one lady failed to pay her bills and ur light was disconnected.... let's all reason before making judgement
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ugohenry2019(m): 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lordfujoe:
Some landlords needs to castrated...they just believe that once you own a building, you own the tenant....may God turn the table on most of us that are still tenants for good

I pray u own a house
I pray u become a landlord
and I also pray u get a tenant who doesn't pay bills and rent....
then.....u can come and type what u just posted
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by vickydevoka(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please if u don't have mind don't exchange words
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
stagger:

Any aggrieved landlord should use the only recognized legal means of handling such matters, and that is using lawyers and the courts.

The use of such a weapon to inflict grevious bodily harm is an attempt at life. That landlord's wife will be charged for attempted murder. Before they will come out of this, e go hard.
Yes...., the man and his wife are extremely wicked...if they didn't play their card very well, they might rot in prison.

But why are some of the tenants heartless They will stay in one corner watching you struggle under the sun and rain building your house, after which they'll pack-in in order to get you into trouble with their stubbornness and heartlessness.

I'm a landlord, and I'm talking with experience that's why I committed all my properties (house) to the hands of my lawyer.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Vulcan24(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
this is why I don't fight over small issues!

if I wan blow, I go dey ready for anything.

better apologize and move on if u can't sustain a fight. the world is full of demon possessed persons, u must be ready to finish the fight or not fight at all.

the worst are the yorubas, over small issues they will make sure u experience all d misfortunes in d world tru diabolics.

ibos are erratic and egoistic which makes them behave abruptly, hausas are programmed to escalate anything.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
dominique:

Are you based in Nigeria? Your argument is not making sense at all

Yes. Not everyone uses prepaid meter in Nigeria. You're not certain if that is what the compound uses so why lay much emphasis on that.
And, in some places , house Rents are separated from other bills like Nepa and water. In this situation now, it seems that she the lady in question has not paid what she must have agreed with the owner. I don't think the landlord will be tasking her bills that was never agreed upon. What I understand is that you were just commenting on generic term, u weren't addressing this issue.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by juwoonn(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Organs(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

You want to keep enjoying where you did not sow.

Is that not wickedness.

See what you caused yourself.

When you get well, try and pay before you pack out.

The fact that she didnt pay doesnt matter anymore in this circumstance. The fact that the landlord could do that to her and scar her for life, means the landlord should at least spend 5 years in Jail. There are better ways of resolving all of this. You are looking at it wrong.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by juwoonn(m): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

Is that not wickedness.

Oga read well.. light was disconnected because she didn't pay for electricity... Why disconnecting the water pipe again? When it was not mentioned that she didn't pay for water.
Now the landlady will get nothing less than 5 years jail term while tenant will go with the scars.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
dominique:

Seems you missed the part I wrote if, so no assumptions were made. If you understand the story, the landlord connected the pumping machine to the Tennant's apartment so she will be the one billed for the water the whole house is using. When she refused to pay for the power bills, her power was cut off and the building was without water, the landlord now connected the pumping machine to his own apartment and cut her water off leading to the shuffle between tenant and landlord. If this tenant was owing rent, she would not have confronted the landlord like that. Would you agree to be the only one paying the bills for pumping machine because you don't want to inconvenience the other occupants of the building? Why would a landlord connect the pumping machine cables to the meter of a tenant if not wickedness and greed?

I didn't see this mention first.

According to the story
Her electricity was cut because she did not pay her "own" Nepa bill. And it happens that the Water pump was connected to her house so, they can't pump the water because there's no power in her house . That's why they had to reconnect the water pump to their own house to enable them pump the water. Also, according to the story, The fight started when the landlord wanted to disconnect the lady's water supply because she has not paid her "own" water bill too. Such bill is always shared among all the occupants nah. There's no way she will be paying for everyone's own - doesn't make sense at all.

Since no detailed information was given and we were not present, it will be hard to know the real situation there.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by chinazaekpere12: 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

Is that not wickedness.

Na who owe debt dey pay abeg. What has the landlord gained from been so brutal apart from giving himself a bad name? It clearly shows that he is a cultist, if not what would he be doing with a battle Axe He's not only going to be charged for battery and assault, he's also going to be charged for attempted murder. Check the ratio of the owed bills to the amount he will spend to secure his bail.....penny wise, pound foolish....and you too, you're talking as if you don't know that things are hard in this country..I'll try to not be abusive as we have an adage that says the day you pass judgment for someone is the day you also pass judgment/verdict for yourself
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by rashypep(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Some tenants can be so useless... For they knows the laws are in their favor.. Landlord and tenancy law should be put in review abeg..
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Isoduwa(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I do not subscribe to violence but some tenants are extremely annoying. One even had the impudence to tell me that he thought I had collected water and electric bill with the house rent. Who does that?

One tell you or na you tell your landlord
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by juwoonn(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lol
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by kikake: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlackDonald:
The face of a tenant, identified as Oyize Peter, was on Sunday allegedly marred by her landlord, Ubasinachi Ekweozor, and his wife, Anulika, over unpaid water and electricity bills at their house located at No, 78, Amudalatu Agodo, Ikotun, Lagos.

According to a source: “Oyize was owing electricity bills and her house was disconnected. This infuriated her landlord because the tenant’s house was also connected to the pumping machine that serves the entire compound.

So the landlord called an electrician to connect the machine’s wire to his own apartment and also called a plumber to disconnect Oyize’s pipe so she wouldn’t have water, but she didn’t allow that and it led to an exchange of words.

Calm was later restored and the tenant returned to her apartment. However, Oyize was in the kitchen when the landlady allegedly took her unawares and used an axe to mar her face.”

The victim has since been rushed to a hospital while the culprits have been whisked to Ikotun Police Station where they are currently cooling off.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Wcv3Bn8nT/

Fulfil your obligation as a tenant, you wouldn't.
Pack out and go to live on the street, you wouldn't.
You believed that landlord must become your Father Christmas.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
juwoonn:

You did not not read the news...you only saw the tittle and started commenting.
It was made clear that she did not pay for water and her water was disconnected not by the landlord but by the authority and the disconnection affected all other tenants as other pipes where connected to hers.
lol . Oga , go back to that story and read it slowly this time. Haba.

this is an excerpt from the story:

"According to a source: “Oyize was owing electricity bills and her house was disconnected. This infuriated her landlord because the tenant’s house was also connected to the pumping machine that serves the entire compound.
So the landlord called an electrician to connect the machine’s wire to his own apartment and also called a plumber to disconnect Oyize’s pipe so she wouldn’t have water,"

did you read this part? or u skipped it.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by juwoonn(m): 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

lol . Oga , go back to that story and read it slowly this time. Haba.

this is an excerpt from the story:

"According to a source: “Oyize was owing electricity bills and her house was disconnected. This infuriated her landlord because the tenant’s house was also connected to the pumping machine that serves the entire compound.
So the landlord called an electrician to connect the machine’s wire to his own apartment and also called a plumber to disconnect Oyize’s pipe so she wouldn’t have water,"

did you read this part? or u skipped it.
Sorry bro..I already changed the comment.
Thanks
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by MrMacinterchi1: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
juwoonn:
Sorry bro..I already changed the comment. Thanks
It's well.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by dawnomike(m): 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
Zikyke:

Shut up, don't say what you know nothing about, because I know the landlord and his wife.
So because you know justifies their action... Don't let me call you what i feel you are
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by juwoonn(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

It's well.
Lol
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by omotowo2: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Carfreak966:
But why park into a compound and you know the rent or electricity bill will be heavy for you to pay. Personally I can’t rent a house I will not be able to raise the rent between 2-3 months.

He has the right to disconnect the water. It was as a result of she not paying the light was cut off.

Pray you don't get hook up with .financial issue .

So many things can cause a tenant to owe. We don't pray we loose our job
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by vioment: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Na to seize the house remain after locking them up for 15 years each.

This is why we should tax every land with a house built. And our court system should work for our national sanity. If we had a working system, you can report the tenant and have them evicted and still owe you when they get a job.

We are truly a very backward country. Tufia, I see why everyone was banning us because we don't help grow humanity. See wet in person do person unto say dem wan show am something.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Efna55: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Some of you are so daft!

If you could read, you would have seen that the water pump was connect to the Tennant's electricity point. Meaning she will have to pay the electric bill for the pump. Why will the Tennant pay for the water pump electric usage? Why? Is that wickness on the part of the landlord.

You are just daft
I thought we're any better, you hardly understand too.. Kettle calling pot black.. You're even more foolish..
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by jacoik(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Smh, I never said some landlords don’t do that, but why would I collect water and power bills for a house that I don’t live in. We never had such agreement, he was trying to play smart and I told him to leave the house at the expiration of his rent
read the story again. The tenant owned electricity bill and the pumping machine was connected to her connection and when her apartment was cut off it affected the water supply and landlord called plumber to also disconnect her water supply that's what the shouting match and after the quarrel stops the wife now came from behind to attack. Now tell me one good reason that woman won't spend the next 14 years behind bar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Teenager Killed 4-year-old Boy In Lagos, Removed His Kidney And Intestine(ve / How Nofisat Ibrahim Was Killed By Assassins In Ondo (Graphic Photos) / SS3 Student Stabbed By Boyfriend, Dies Few Days Before Her SSCE. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.