Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,518 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam (49922 Views)

Zimbabweans Drown While ‘Having Sex In River’ On New Year, Family Blames Mermaid / Man & Girlfriend Drown In Jos River While Having Sex In Car - Twitter User / Man Appears To Drown In A Swimming Pool As Sexy Ladies Take Pictures In Bikinis (2) (3) (4)

Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by ijustdey: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
A young unidentified man and woman, suspected to be lovers, have reportedly drowned in the Ureje Dam of the Ekiti State Water Corporation, in Ado Ekiti metropolis.

Daily Sun gathered that the incident had occurred around 6:00 pm on Sunday while the deceased were supposedly attempting to dodge arrest by the police.

As at the time of this report, the identity of the man is still unknown, but the woman, whose name could not be ascertained, was said to be a resident of Bamgboye street, a community close to the dam.

According to reports, various gangs of young men and women often visit the dam to swim and also engage in illicit activities, including smoking of hard drugs, prostitution and even cult initiations.

According to the chairperson, Land Lord Association, Bamgboye community, Deaconess Phebian Fatuase, “the youths have turned the dam side into a den where they carry out all criminal activities.”

She said that the community had made several attempts to chase them out but that the youths had remained recalcitrant until the police became involved.

Deaconess Fatuase explained that until a few days ago, some of them were still arrested while smoking Indian hemp around the dam.

The chairperson noted that the man and the woman who reportedly drowned were said to have jumped into the dam on sighting security agents but had drowned when they could not beat the tide of the dam.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, Mr Sunday Abutu, confirmed that two persons perished in the dam while swimming but said the police was never involved.

“Young guys and young girls do go there to smoke Indian hemp and other hard drugs, that was the report we got and once in a while, the police do go there to ensure that they don’t gather to commit those crimes.

“As at yesterday, the police didn’t go there, it was after the incident had happened that the police were called upon to come to the scene.

“They went swimming after they had probably taken drugs and in the process got drowned.”

According to him, their bodies have been recovered and deposited at the morgue of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/lovers-drown-in-ekitis-ureje-dam/

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2020

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
The cup is moving. Everyone should repent and turn a new leaf.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Badgers14: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Is the picture on the article the same water the lover's drowned ?? This dirty water shocked shocked man is weak!! No one should have any business jumping inside the dirty water..

Looking at the dirty water from my couch makes me sick sef..

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by obembet(f): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
M
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by lonelydora: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
I keep saying it. If you don't know how to swim, you have no business going near any body of water.

For me, even if swimming pool for kids, I run fare away from it.

Well, RIP to them.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Officialgarri: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
They did not even wait for corona to do the job. cry

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by iTearHerToto: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Just 2 Afonjas
I'm unimpressed

Pukesangry

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by hisexcellency34: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
RIP but i hope their love continues in the spirit world

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by noblealuu: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stay at home you no hear...now Egungun don enter express
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by dipopooo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
shocked[img][/img]Sai
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Homers123(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
I was in the street when it happened yesterday, tje guy who gave her mouth to mouth was giving me.the gist today. The Police are lying because it was there presence that sent those guys jumping intot the river. They are not Lovers but Neighbors.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by ahmg001(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sad
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020

Why take what your head can't carry
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Skepticus: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020

Good riddance in love.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Slawormir: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
To bad
Too much movie
Them think say na movie
Where he be say police go dey pursue actor for dangerous place like rapid fall, waterfall and high Clif but actor go still jump down and survive probably with her girlfriend

Homers123:
I was in the street when it happened yesterday, tje guy who gave her mouth to mouth was giving me.the gist today. The Police are lying because it was there presence that sent those guys jumping intot the river. They are not Lovers but Neighbors.

You must be a real niggarrr
Thanks for the information
There are three sides to a story
1) the complainant( the police)
2) the accused( you just represents the accused because the accuse is dead
3) the true story
So we are waiting for the true story

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Finnese001: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
g
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by snowland(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
They died in active service.
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Even in this era of corona virus

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hanging around dams can be very risky.

The reservoir is very very deep in most instances, plus one can slip and fall in.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by JamParkMe: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sad. I don't mean to make light of the situation but had it been they adhered to the stay-at-home order, this wouldn't have happened.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by priscaoge(f): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Contradicting reports! So which one do we take?? undecided undecided

RIP to them!
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by salbis(m): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
This need to be investigated, as i don not trust these people.
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by azadus18: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
okay
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
What can I say

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Ade24682: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Live everyday like it’s your last. Lost a pal on Saturday afternoon. We even played chess together in the morning.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by searchhussein(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lovers or junkies..please guys lets stay at home.

Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by Jcael(m): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
This is sad
Re: Lovers Drown In Ekiti’s Ureje Dam by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
iTearHerToto:

See moniker Aje oooo

8 Important Sis Code Every Lady Must Follow / Beautiful Igbo Women / ‘I Rather Be A Babymama To A Married Man Than To A Single Guy’ – Slay Queen Says