Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,013 members, 7,953,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience (44091 Views)

Digital Spraying Of Naira: How To Digitally Spray Naira At Nigeria Wedding, Bur / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Complete Nigeria Wedding Planning Guide + FREE Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Joshrob(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
southniyikaye:
walahi I love this babe already, see as I burst laugh

Was an official photographer for an even, the groom bro segun was a guyman so he turned up extremely drunk, court wedding, when it was their turn, groom couldn't stand straight, getting up and sitting down, dem Sha package am do the wedding, what offed me was when all those photographer that comes to hustle came with almost 15pics that they should pay him for it, groom say he no send am, photographer no gree the motor commot, then the groom and his entourage of agbero almost kill that guy that day, the pics were nice, just collected them and paid him. I really pity the guy Sha cos I do go out to hustle too and I know the pain.o

Shey you see ibo people, I don't know if it is their custom o cos the wedding I went to cover at faulks road Aba,, 50% of people didn't get to eat, even I the photographer, na rice without meat I chop. You could imagine my surprise when a van came in few minutes later, the drinks in that van, if dem sum up the money, it can cook food that will serve the whole party 3times.

That's why I do like when Igbo and Yoruba marry..food and drinks will be surplus.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Millenniumlady(f): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
inspirator1:

No be so i take leave one Babe that year. She don already the talk about, the kind of bedsheet colour we will use on our first night, the colour of night gown she go wear, how she go take meet me on bed, the song that will be playing. Menh!! I was just looking at her, as in totally lost in her imagination.
We're just trying to be romantic but you're forming hard guy hard guy undecided
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Sayfact: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Toluprazzy:

I'm not surprised at your comment na. You wey no forgive your in law and proud to say it. Imagine saying your wife missed out on an opportunity to get married legally? You and all your followers...lol...you will repeat your comments to your 12year old daughters... see who is calling someone sick. You are simply inadequate but instead of humility, you won form hard guy cover up your inadequacy. I feel for your traditionally wedded wife sha...lol
feel for yourself cus I don't know you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
Joshrob:

That's why I do like when Igbo and Yoruba marry..food and drinks will be surplus.
Shai this bros Sabi the scope sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by L1lma(f): 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
Am trusting for my own man
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by ClassicMan202(m): 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
L1lma:
Am trusting for my own man

Don't worry, he will come

He is under quarantine grin
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:
We're just trying to be romantic but you're forming hard guy hard guy undecided
Not at all. I even like it when milady is romantic, but this particular one was something else i couldn't fathom; maybe too much of telemounda and Zee world na the latest ganja for women.
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Lol grin aaahahah

bedsheet color indeed.

like say she never do the do before grin
I no fit even hold the laughter when typing all that...menh i still dey see how she just the whine her body and make her face that day. I even asked her, whether there's any difference from the "do" that's been going on and that days own. She replied "na our first night "do" as couple. Instantly i just gave up. Didn't even mention her bridal train el dorado; wey fit make Celopatra jealous for grave. Or the entrance song and dancing step; me wey just wan chest out enter hall. Never talk about the argument on me wearing suit on that day against my wish. Abeg women wadooo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by NACE13: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
4reala:

Your story right up was good, but your description of personalities, especially the grooms' was way, way wrong and awful

I don't really get you; Are you trying to say I am being one-sided by painting the groom's family as bad or you are irritated by the groom's family's behaviour?
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Roseey0(f): 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
The most stressful event i ever planned cry
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Chuknovski(m): 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Thoying1990:
Exactly what happened on my wedding day. The D.J had to send one street boy like that to come and play Kai nobody could dance, imagine D.J coming to ask me of what song to play. I almost weep coz na me know the Details.J
Lol, exactly mine I had to ask my bestman to give him some track list, the DJ declined just imagine..
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Chuknovski(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
jjohndoe83:

Did we hire the same DJ?
Maybe oo, mine was in Calabar
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by SmellingAnus(m): 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, i smell village people on the wheel of steel
when I read his story I just pray not to have a bestman like him... And he still didn't understand the gravity of his carelessness...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by OlawaleBammie: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
SmellingAnus:
when I read his story I just pray not to have a bestman like him... And he still didn't understand the gravity of his carelessness...

Lol, not his fault na, wen village people are fully on fhe wheel of steel like OGS, even rashford wil play penalty to throwinggrin
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Millenniumlady(f): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
inspirator1:

Not at all. I even like it when milady is romantic, but this particular one was something else i couldn't fathom; maybe too much of telemounda and Zee world na the latest ganja for women.
those are the stations where we learn those romatic stuff from cheesy
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Candoit: 4:37am On Apr 02, 2020
merahki:

I thoroughly enjoyed the story by @ Litigant
It was terrible, crazy and funny, but I was/am secretly gleeful it happened to the bridelipsrsealed. That bride was a tyrant- forced her friends to wear what they hated...forced a tailor on them...look what she got. Perfect poetic justice.
cheesy

Hahhahah....u are very funny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by fattprince(m): 4:56am On Apr 02, 2020
Chi59:

Can you just imagine? Slept with an ex on your wedding night? Who raised these kind of men?
Their parents

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by 4reala(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2020
mabeni:
NO. Every where scattered(people ran cos non have ever seen things like that before. Including myself ) , bride rolling on the floor and from that I concluded they were not joined together.
Even, guilty feelings will not make the man want to marry the girl. And what is the girl rolling on the ground for, didn't her mum warned her
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by 4reala(m): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2020
NACE13:

I don't really get you; Are you trying to say I am being one-sided by painting the groom's family as bad or you are irritated by the groom's family's behaviour?
No, you don't have to call the grooms dad silly, or if its ur dad DAT behaved in such a manner, wld you like someone to call him silly
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by NACE13: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2020
4reala:
No, you don't have to call the grooms dad silly, or if its ur dad DAT behaved in such a manner, wld you like someone to call him silly

You know that saying "A man who wrestles with a pig....."? The man lost the respect i had for him when he decided to exchange words with a boy who is probably younger than his last child.

My father can never and will never behave in such a silly manner

Think about it, why would an elderly man like that, not just an elderly man but the father of the groom bring himself down to that extent. He was supposed to be seated around the high table with his kinsmen, but he abandoned what he was supposed to do and go struggle with a young lad whose job indeed was to pick the money being sprayed on the couple.

So the man deserved/deserves every insult thrown at him

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by daveP(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
grin grin grin

The guy na sharp guy mehn... No dulling.
Its one reason the envelope system is best with a known collector. Buh no, my people still prefer spraying. If that guy japa before being noticed ehn, Apapa business don open be that. grin
Omoluabi16:
hahaha. grin the sharp guy wey dey pick person money.
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by KenModi(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ginaz:
They didn’t let my cousin enter the wedding hall because they felt her wedding gown was too exposed at the top which was a lie cos it was not .

She started crying and ruined her makeup ... we went to look for a jacket for her to cover up so she could enter the hall. The sleeves of the wedding gown were long and jacket sleeves were short. grin

She looked like nepa people with their cloth about to cut light . grin

Her makeup stained the back of the jacket so badly we wanted to take it off but no choice .
I ate a cold rice with no meat after all my hard work, no soft drink to even cool down . grin

Seeing the bolded part of your comment grin grin took me down memory lane, when we dey fight NEPA people wen dem wan cut our light.
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by KenModi(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
Candoit:
So far the weddings I've been attending goes well, no drama like such.
Except for the last one which was held in my church. I guess they were low on budget and didnt want to rent a hall. So, immediately the church wedding was over they asked everybody including the couple to go outside so the decorators could arrange the church for a reception. That was strange to me as I haven't seen such. We had to wait outside for up to 40mins.
But my friend is married today. Done and dusted.

Nothing strange there; your friend cut im cloth as im fit am. Abi you give am money to rent hall, im no rent? Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by KenModi(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Toluprazzy:

I'm not surprised at your comment na. You wey no forgive your in law and proud to say it. Imagine saying your wife missed out on an opportunity to get married legally? You and all your followers...lol...you will repeat your comments to your 12year old daughters... see who is calling someone sick. You are simply inadequate but instead of humility, you won form hard guy cover up your inadequacy. I feel for your traditionally wedded wife sha...lol

You must have heard of customary laws right? A traditional wedding is lawful before the laws of the land. Make una land for court see whether judge no go order you to pay compensation to your “traditionally wedded” wife
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by dayleke: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
ciopnigeria:
My wedding cake was sour.
I didn't even know only for my guys and friends to start beeping me when I was in hotel room "omo, tour car sour. Nobody ate it.
What!

The cake maker was my sister in-law. I can't afford to shout. It died down like that till date

And you paid her or she did it free of charge?
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Shokoloko(f): 5:24am On Feb 16, 2021
mysticgal:
Continue na grin

Hi, I read your diary and I could not comment there so had to look for an old thread to mention you.

You seem smart, and curious. So I have two words for you: Consider Canada.

Have a wonderful night's rest

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by victoryhouse: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
kristen12:
Nigeria weddings are always funfilled and drama filled.

Lot of people have stories to tell about wedding days.

From caterers hiding food, makeup artist disappointing the bride, exchange of blows from families e.t.c

Tell us about your wedding or a wedding you attended, what went wrong and what you would have done differently.

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Blacklion3: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
We all laugh at misfortunes. That's very unfortunate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User / Checkout This Customers Bill At Quilox Night Club Yesterday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.