Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. (4702 Views)

Today Is Her Last Day In Our Office, We Love Each Other But It Seems Too Late / When A Couple Truly Love Each Other / We Love Each Other But He Stays In One Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Onego(f): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Good day every one, I have been dating this guy for more than 3years,we have been through a lot but glory to God we have overcome.He really wants us to get married this year,but there is an issue which we have been battling which is he wants to do only traditional wedding, but I as a person I give him option which is traditional, court or church wedding, but he said no he is only going to do traditional because of fund.Right now he is treating to walk away if I don't agree. Am confuse what should I do? Thanks
Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
First of all, I need you to get something out of your head....

There's no such thing as "Church Wedding"...

What you call "White Wedding" here is just a copy of the White man's traditional marriage.

Secondly, I will advise you to use your head as you're not getting any younger.... Agree with him on the traditional marriage, then after some time when there's a little money to spare, you can persuade him to do the court wedding.

But if you insist on the two, then I am sorry, what you've been nurturing for 3 years will come crashing down.

I wish you well.

23 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by ariefadenco: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hmmm....let me wait for the elders to talk first

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Nairalandmonika: 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
He's not serious, does Court marriage require funds

4 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by donbachi(m): 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
una never even marry,him don dey do smesme...look tru ur rear view,b4 settling down with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by IamPlato(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
Traditional Marriage Is The Main Marriage, every Other Is Just Show Off

20 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Onego(f): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
He's not serious, does Court marriage require funds
that is what I told him,he was just giving me excuses about what some old men told him about the danger of court wedding

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by 2dice01: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
Traditional wedding is the white&court wedding of the white
But this one he is threatening you with a Breakup

Are you sure you are not the one forcing him to marry you

3 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by 2dice01: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin
Onego:
that is what I told him,he was just giving me excuses about what some old men told him about the danger of court wedding

He is also scared about you parting with his money later if you guys do Court wedding

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
Traditional weddings supercede all.Besides,it's one of the options you have him. So what's the hell are you complaining about?

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Onego(f): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
2dice01:
Traditional wedding is the white&court wedding of the white

But this one he is threatening you with a Breakup

Are you sure you are not the one forcing him to marry you
Me force a man to marry? I laugh in my language, never when am not an handicap or a liability,

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by 2dice01: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=Onego post=87956306][/quote]I thought you said you gave him options then he choose his choice

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Monaco2(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Since u want white weeding so bad, u should fund it na abi Na only man money dem Dey use do weeding?!?

16 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by ojun50(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
Traditional and court.....is ok
This one he is threatening You, you better think twice before you settle down with him.

5 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Homeboiy: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
If I am that guy, I will move forward if u don't want traditional only.

We have traditional, court and church marriages

All are the same.
Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by ApexBank: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Better obtain sense
There is LIFE to be lived after marriage.
Don't expend all your concern on what form of union prepare for what comes next.
Finally do a court wedding with traditional attires and a few guests add expenses for some traditional delicacies. Making your outing
A traditional-court wedding.
Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Then wait for somebody who's ready to do church wedding.
Someone explained to you that he doesn't have much to fund church wedding, you're still giving him conditions.
You better go ahead and settle with your man. The most important thing is for the both of you to be happy afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by bonnyhope: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
In African culture, traditional marriage is the MAIN, all other ones are copied.

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by ecstasy357(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
IamPlato:
Traditional Marriage Is The Main Marriage, every Other Is Just Show Off

I dont even understand what others are saying.

Court marriage will ask if you've done the traditional rights before they can do theirs, same thing with church marriage.

The guy is choosing to do traditional marriage and some people are trying to lead this girl astray

8 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by adexpa(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
It is like some people here dont understand your fear.

Your are not asking for a party or show off, but a legal backing .........A process that will show certification...........Traditional wedding will not offer any certificate.

I dont think any reasonable man should have problem with court wedding because it does not require any serious financial implication.
Maybe you need to find a way of telling him properly by letting him know that you are not after party or show off.......Dont miss them together, suggest traditional and court to him and forget bringing up church option (he is your man,3yrs friendship no be beans, he should be able to see things from your angle too and stop been selfish). Maybe the way you are approaching the matter is tending or showing evidences of show off cus we all know how women does things, you all want show off, but if genuinely you are not addressing it in a show off way, i dont think a reasonable man should be threatening you on that.

Still talk to him n let him see your side of the matter and yourself to hear his side well. We cant advice you to dash journey of 3yrs away just like that.

11 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Lamanii22(f): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Court marriage is as important as the trad marriage.... Don't rush things alright? Just think well...

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Onego(f): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
adexpa:
It is like some people here dont understand your fear.

Your are not asking for a party or show off, but a legal backing .........A process that will show certification...........Traditional wedding will not offer any certificate.

I dont think any reasonable man should have problem with court wedding because it does not require any serious financial implication.
Maybe you need to find a way of telling him properly by letting him know that you are not after party or show off.......Dont miss them together, suggest traditional and court to him and forget bringing up church option (he is your man,3yrs friendship no be beans, he should be able to see things from your angle too and stop been selfish). Maybe the way you are approaching the matter is tending or showing evidences of show off cus we all know how women does things, you all want show off, but if genuinely you are not addressing it in a show off way, i dont think a reasonable man should be threatening you on that.

Still talk to him n let him see your side of the matter and yourself to hear his side well. We cant advice you to dash journey of 3yrs away just like that.
thank you, not that am asking for a party,I can do indoor wedding, I just want a proof that am married

4 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Onego:
thank you, not that am asking for a party,I can do indoor wedding, I just want a proof that am married
Traditional marriage is more than enough proof...

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Don't go and become a permanent resident at the dating corridor. The type of union you have is not important, it is what you do in the union.
Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by drmikeadams(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin grin grin court wedding , grin. After woman kill d man,she go claim him property go begin foock outside angry grin grin grin I stand with ur guy,,,traditional wedding

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by zexy2030(m): 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:
Then wait for somebody who's ready to do church wedding.
Someone explained to you that he doesn't have much to fund church wedding, you're still giving him conditions.
You better go ahead and settle with your man. The most important thing is for the both of you to be happy afterwards.

for the first time, u r talking sensibly

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by Jokerman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Do court and traditional
Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by icebird25(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
There's no way you can convince a man who is seriously inclined to his indigenous education..

He wants to do traditional then so be it ...
It's his culture
His roots
His heritage
He's black
He's Africa..
So he wants to do it in the Africa way ...

3 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by bogdaddy(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Court wedding only favor the women, as new law states. Your man knows about that so he won’t want to lose his house in the future just Incase I’d break up/ divorce. Smart man
Onego:
Good day every one, I have been dating this guy for more than 3years,we have been through a lot but glory to God we have overcome.He really wants us to get married this year,but there is an issue which we have been battling which is he wants to do only traditional wedding, but I as a person I give him option which is traditional, court or church wedding, but he said no he is only going to do traditional because of fund.Right now he is treating to walk away if I don't agree. Am confuse what should I do? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by cooooooks(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
Threats in a relationship are never good. Be careful.

Personally, I don't yet know which marriage is preferable but I won't make threats in that position.

Tell him that he should be able to properly explain his position with facts, not hearsay.

4 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by yeyedu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because you can not despleas the Oracle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Attract A Woman Without Money Or Looks / She Ended It, The Strangest Thing Is: She Kept Crying And Never Wanted To Leave / Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.