Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States (21120 Views)

Madagascar's Covid-Organics Can’t Cure COVID-19, Only Cures Cough – Ehanire / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by gbagyiza: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2020
The day the Lagos state commissioner of health said that Lagos state doesn't need more ventilators because the victims r not on ventilators, I knew that everyone is on his own in Nigeria. Is only God that can save us.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Jack500: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

na wa

so just 4 ventilators in the whole of SouthEast region, ebonyi is truly trying in its on little way

That region is backward in everything
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Thenorth(m): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2020
This is a lie
I repeat this a lie....
Mr Man please go and further your research before coming here and Post rubbish....
There's 8 ventilator in Ahmadu Bello University teaching hospital ABUTH alone...
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by okpalaAnambra: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2020
Anambralstson:

Ode face your useless governor, Anambra isn't your mate, be proud of your backward state
I'm an Nnewi supremacist, deal with it.. without Nnewi Anambra is a shit hole...we are not called Nnewi people for no reason and we don't sell our lands for uncircumcised lots like u
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by okpalaAnambra: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2020
Thenorth:
This is a lie
I repeat this a lie....
Mr Man please go and further your research before coming here and Post rubbish....
There's 8 ventilator in Ahmadu Bello University teaching hospital ABUTH alone...
Lol...only two ventilators in abuth and one is even faulty

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by iammo(m): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Jack500:

when they wont hold their leader scammers accountable, Lamidi Cownu is from Abia state, Abaribe is from Abia State.. and instead of speaking against theodi Orji's tyranny it is what happens in far away Abuja or lagos that they are concerned with
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Thenorth(m): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Lol...only two ventilators in abuth and one is even faulty
can I know which ward you dey...
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by sayso: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2020
4ckyou:

Owner of naira land is an atheist so what do you expect
That is not a prudent answer. Seun is not our problem. The adeboye's/oyedepo/eneche's etc are donating medical equipments now for what? Thought they have private jets from people's money but can't build state of the art hospital for the people whose money they are using, ohh i forgot they do not need it cause they lay hands and the peoplf get healed but covid 19 ain't one of those. Idiots supporting stupidity. Am a devout catholic. Seun is an atheist and what are you doing in his dormain?

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Richmondofficia(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Aksnoopy:
This is serious! Contact me for face mask and hand sanitisers anywhere in Lagos. Delivery also available for oyo,Kwara,kogi,Abuja and portharcourt. # face mask 10000 for a pack of 50pcs 100ml sanitiser (factory) made for 600 leach. Limited quantities available.

How do you do delivery when everywhere is on lockcloc? Are gonna deliver through drone?
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by microfixsynergy(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2020
Good day all, pls I need an assistance from u people to survive this stay at home policy from the government, no cash with me, no food at home and don't even know how to survive d next 24 to 48 hours from now. Please assist if u can, God bless you.

Acct details:
GTBank
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Aksnoopy: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2020
Richmondofficia:

How do you do delivery when everywhere is on lockcloc? Are gonna deliver through drone?
Depending on where you reside. I am a doctor, so if you reside in Lagos I can easily get it across to you.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by segzysexy(m): 9:07am On Apr 01, 2020
With or without the outbreak, Nigeria needs more than 169 Ventilators across the country for other extreme medical cases. We just ain't getting things right in this country.
9jaRealist:

Abegi, some of you need to read beyond just headlines... grin

It’s 169 in 16 states, but about 500 throughout...
Sorely inadequate, but apparently NONE of the 159 cases thus far has required a ventilator.

We are now bidding against virtually EVERY nation for ventilators...
Accordingly, our best bet is to lockdown, isolate, distance, observe basic hygiene and try to quickly break the chain of infection.

The overwhelming majority of positive cases (80% worldwide) will have mild or no symptoms....
So if we manage to successfully flatten the infection curve quickly, it will not overwhelm our fragile healthcare system.
>

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by iamimohtal(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2020
west21:
Una don start all this panic causing analysis shebi a respected health official said we may not be needing them here.

If we continue like this, people will die of panic b4 mrs Covid meet them.
They re lying...
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Glycosunde: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Inspiration2017:
Today 1st April 2020 - tell ONE, tell ALL

The GENERATIONAL PROPHET, Dr Chris Okafor, at 18:00 GMT+1 will be coming LIVE on internet to pray
Facebook: @chrisokaforministries
Instagram: @chrisokaforministries
Periscope: @drchriaokaforlive
Twitter: Drchrisokafor_
www.gracenation.ng

Matthew 11:5 - The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Tell all those who are infected with coronavirus, to hook up to any of the social media handles today at 6pm - 7pm and pray along, they will receive their healing.

LISTEN: "It takes instruction to eliminate destruction".
Come online fasting (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Periscope, Twitter & www.gracenation.ng). 6pm TODAY!!!

It is a showdown with the devil. The devil is in trouble. That affliction will leave you.

Just obey.

Dr Chris Okafor's WhatsApp: +2348184444434.

Is it d same pastor caught in fake miracle web last year or another Dr Chris Okafor?
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by kramer: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2020
executive12:

Knucklehead, how did you figure he is Biafran?

F*cktard, only biafrans refer to Nigeria with that term.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Glycosunde: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Nodogragra4me:
Please give the government a break. While they prepare to do something about the numbers, the ventilator is not a cure . It only aids breathing , eat right . Regular detoxification is better than ventilator . It doesn't cost the earth to fast from food once a week and take to warm water in the morning.

Give the government a breakthrough . They are not perfect but ventilator has not been a serious issue until now . I am sure we would have roasted themif they had announced before brother Coro came visiting that spent billions on ventilator

What are you even saying, is it not d same government that was busy calling coronavirus number upandan saying they were ready for it even when it didn't have intention of coming b4. We all can finally c their readiness to combat the virus. If the needful have been done to our health care do you think we would have been in this mess. They can't travel out of the country now that is y these findings r coming out. Our Ajala d traveler president hasn't traveled for a long time now, I thought he was cursed with traveling Sickness. Our healthcare is very bad and we all can c. There r other sickness in Nigeria were ventilators r needed not just covid-19
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by shazam47: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2020
evansjeff:
Thank God for Pastor Adeboye and others, it would have been worse. The media and Nairaland will never show you this, These donations were made more than two weeks ago so it wasn’t even as a result of the criticisms. Even when I created a topic on it. The mods deleted it but any avenue to rain insults on them, straight to front page. Not everyone likes to make noise over what they do like our politicians.

I used to be part of people criticizing them, but from what I’ve realized, it seems there is a deliberate attempt here on Nairaland to demonize these pastors so I quit. I’m not saying they’re perfect, but when they do good, it should also be made known.
please open another thread and tag as many people you can tag, if seun should close it down, then we will know his sinister motive against the church
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Anambralstson: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2020
Jack500:

Otondo who ever wrote this report is a pathological lair these are ventilators in Anambra hospital

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by einsteine(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2020
israel90:
The worst part of these virus is that the minister of Health studied accounting by wike

Anambralstson:

Otondo who ever wrote this report is a pathological lair these are ventilators in Anambra hospital

This is a false quote. Wike never said that and Dr Ehanire is a medical doctor
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by chinebu(m): 11:45am On Apr 01, 2020
They should buy now please. The government should at least as a matter of urgency buy 1000 ventilators now without wasting time
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

To slap u dey hungry me

Address: squadron 11, Calabar
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by yYot: 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
virginboy1:
Truth be told, the only thing that'll save Nigeria is if a cure is found on time.... Otherwise, Nigeria is doomed. We have one of the most stupid and unserious leaders on earth..

Just imagine after begging them to lock the borders...They waited for their families and children who are abroad to return home before locking the borders. Now after their families and friends spread it.They are locking down cities without any palliative.

It's quite unfortunate.
I love the point you made! It will interest you to know that is not only leaders that are not serious in this country, followers are the most not-serious group! 90% of them don't believe there is pandemic in the land. They are carrying on as usual!
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by wink2015(m): 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Problem dey dis country o, infact no be only covid-19 be the problem wey Nigeria get but the problem that the governments has been plunging Nigerians into for long..with all the looting and sharing among theirselves, so no money was spared to get medical kits and tools in large for our hospitals...now u see why every countries are taking away their citizens..who do us like dis? Nigerians need an answers to where every money has been going to? This is the right time to ask...FG we have calculators, let's sit down and do calculations on how our money are been spent

Nigeria's federalism needs to be restructured.

Northerners are setting Nigeria backward because of their refusal to accept restructuring.

What is the present price of crude oil today?

It is around $20. But Buhari is prepared to wait for crude oil price to rise. Buhari like most of his northern politicians does not have the mindset to see the need to diversify to other sectors of the economy.

The northerners are not prepared to venture into Agriculture.

My advice to General Buhari is to drop his position as minister of petroleum and face agricultural development.

What is he gaining from crude oil?

General Buhari wasted tax payers money prospecting for crude oil in the northern states. They found crude oil which is not in commercial quantity and whose price in the international oil market has dropped.

That money should to have been used to develop agriculture in Nigeria to bring down the cost of food.

IF NORTHERNERS CONTINUE WITH THE BUHARI MINDSETS I SEE NIGERIA DISINTEGRATING IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT YEARS

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
Anambralstson:

What you posted are monitors and anaesthetic equipment. They're not ventilators.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Anambralstson:

I believe you haven't seen ventilator in your life in your state

This is ventilator

Stop shouting, bros. That's an anaesthetic equipment in the theatre. That bed there is an operating table.

The anaesthetic equipment is different in function from the ventilator used in the ICU. Ventilators are only found in the ICU(intensive care unit).
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by okpalaAnambra: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Thenorth:
can I know which ward you dey...
Are you around ? Let me know we meet up so I can take you to where they're
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by NovusHomo(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-only-169-ventilators-in-16-states.html

While answering questions from newsmen on Monday, the Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, said even though there were no enough ventilators in Nigeria, the country might not need many of them for the treatment of patients suffering from COVID-19, an ailment that attacks respiratory system. The minister said most of the over 130 cases so far recorded in the country were being managed without ventilators because the patients showed mild symptoms.

This Minister is something else. He makes so many stupid statements that I will suggest the necessary authorities take another look at his educational background or subject him to a psychiatric evaluation. How does a doctor say that "even though there were no enough ventilators in Nigeria, the country might not need many of them for the treatment of patients suffering from COVID-19,"? Really?! What if, in the future, new patients need them?

I warn every Nigerian to take very good care of himself/herself. Try to stay at home as much as you can, and practice "social distancing". With this fool as Minister of Health, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, NIGERIANS!

Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / 49-Year-Old Woman Allegedly Hangs Self In Ogun

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63