Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,005 members, 7,845,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States (21126 Views)

Madagascar's Covid-Organics Can’t Cure COVID-19, Only Cures Cough – Ehanire / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Kennydoc(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:
cool

na wa

so just 4 ventilators in the whole of SouthEast region, ebonyi is truly trying in its on little way

Senseless post as usual.
I guess it's only Ogun State that has ventilators in the South West.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Erosion2020: 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
In the whole of South East na Ebonyi state manage get 4...na wa oo
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by shiwex: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
I tire o.....

We know we require Ventilators, how many companies are currently working on making ventilators as we speak, where are the prototypes they have developed. Other countries are getting their best engineers/companies to start developing ventilators, what the 4uck is Nigeria doing?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by shiwex: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

You don't even know what the ventilator is. Not everybody needs it. It is those with difficulty in breathing that requires it and many of the Nigerian cases don't as they are majolrly mild .

And why not get prepared in case you might need it. As usual, wait for before before running all over the place. Fire brigade approach, what is wrong with getting ventilators ready in case you might require them....

I tire o.....

We know we require Ventilators, how many companies are currently working on making ventilators as we speak, where are the prototypes they have developed. Other countries are getting their best engineers/companies to start developing ventilators, what the 4uck is Nigeria doing?
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nodogragra4me:
Please give the government a break. While they prepare to do something about the numbers, the ventilator is not a cure . It only aids breathing , eat right . Regular detoxification is better than ventilator . It doesn't cost the earth to fast from food once a week and take to warm water in the morning.

Give the government a breakthrough . They are not perfect but ventilator has not been a serious issue until now . I am sure we would have roasted themif they had announced before brother Coro came visiting that spent billions on ventilator
Ventilators are standard equipment in any hospital. The government has been claiming to spend billions of naira and we have only 169 ventilators in a country of 200 million people.
You need your head examined

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
shiwex:
I tire o.....

Innoson volunteered to convet his assembly line into a ventilator manufacturing plant but government ignored him
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by TMKsouth: 1:24am On Apr 02, 2020
sayso:
Leave the government out of it,what about the NHIS? That pool has billions in it and handled by medical professional thieves, can't ventilators be provided from that pool of money. The ventilators you see in us is from medicare tax if Trump order for NY it is a bailout that they will get back from medical insurance. You see we black people are dark in thought and very unintelligent. Africa the unintelligent continent.

@bold
Speak for yourself, South Africa has 6000 ventilators. And looking to manufacture more ASAP.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by 9jaRealist: 2:32am On Apr 02, 2020
segzysexy:
With or without the outbreak, Nigeria needs more than 169 Ventilators across the country for other extreme medical cases. We just ain't getting things right in this country.

And if you read beyond headline...
Nigeria has MORE than 169 ventilators across the country.

As I said, what we have is sorely inadequate...
But we have to deal with today's REALITY, and get to the 'wish-list' later.
>
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Thenorth(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Are you around ? Let me know we meet up so I can take you to where they're
ICU
ask nurse Ahmad
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by okpalaAnambra: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Thenorth:
ICU
ask nurse Ahmad
Ok..cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Pre-eclampsia Story. / Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.