Stats: 3,161,135 members, 7,845,776 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States (21128 Views)

Madagascar's Covid-Organics Can’t Cure COVID-19, Only Cures Cough – Ehanire / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by sapientia(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2020
The health minister said its enough.

That we don't even need much.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Havertz(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Same to u
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by okpalaAnambra: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Anambralstson:

Anu these are ventilators in Anambra ,the hospital was recently reconstructed and commissioned by Gov Obiano

Is unreal, open your eyes, the drunkard bastarrd of Igala man did not buy any ventilator, wake up
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by 9jaRealist: 7:40am On Apr 01, 2020
Joefat:
27 in Kano where dey have no case of the virus.. God is watching

Healthcare didn’t begin and won’t end with COVID-19...
They have other respiratory illnesses in Kano, such as Lassa Fever, Meningitis and even Acute Malaria.
>

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by CoronaVirusPro: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2020
Nbote:
But instead of d govt to focusing on getting more and improving generap hospitals atleast to b prepared, dey are busy giving audio money to their almajiris. UK already had over 8500 and ordered more 5000, Trump orderd 5000 more b sent to only New York alone. Countries have asked companies to convert into productions facemasks sanitizers and all dat.. What is our govt doing? Oh dey are giving tradermoni, poorestmoni and fuel reduction moni.... D only hope d masses have ryt now is dat dis shit doesn't hit d roof and spread, otherwise we are doomed

Gibberish
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by anigbajumo(m): 7:41am On Apr 01, 2020
Nbote:
But instead of d govt to focusing on getting more and improving generap hospitals atleast to b prepared, dey are busy giving audio money to their almajiris. UK already had over 8500 and ordered more 5000, Trump orderd 5000 more b sent to only New York alone. Countries have asked companies to convert into productions facemasks sanitizers and all dat.. What is our govt doing? Oh dey are giving tradermoni, poorestmoni and fuel reduction moni.... D only hope d masses have ryt now is dat dis shit doesn't hit d roof and spread, otherwise we are doomed

Forget all these Trump hype,Newyork needs over 30,000 ventilators u are saying 5,000.Go and see the trade of words between him and NY governor.Trump failed American on this issue for not taking good proactive measures by saying it is just hoax and do nothing b4 it's get out of hand,now they are all facing the consequences.Compare Nigerian Government to chinna not Trump's Lakastical attitudes.

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Anambralstson: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Is unreal, open your eyes, the drunkard bastarrd of Igala man did not buy any ventilator, wake up
Ode face your useless governor, Anambra isn't your mate, be proud of your backward state

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by sayso: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2020
Leave the government out of it,what about the NHIS? That pool has billions in it and handled by medical professional thieves, can't ventilators be provided from that pool of money. The ventilators you see in us is from medicare tax if Trump order for NY it is a bailout that they will get back from medical insurance. You see we black people are dark in thought and very unintelligent. Africa the unintelligent continent.

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:46am On Apr 01, 2020
omoadeleye:
Uhm, 169 ventilators - 159 infected people we have 10 ventilators left ba?
Oga, please it's 139 infected persons.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2020
This is bizarre shocked shocked. Now I see why all the western countries were busy packing their envoys inside a chartered plane last weekend and flew them home. I don't want to keep asking who did this to us. All I'd say is, God have your way.

UCH used to be the 3rd or 4th best teaching hospital in the whole of commonwealth, not just the best on Africa. I could remember a prof( emeritor) say patients were being brought into uch from far away Egypt at a time.

Anyway, there's nothing God cannot do. Obasanjo even tried by bringing into the country Vamed from Germany. Most of the said ventilators were supplied by Vamed engineering and the sector was abandoned after obj left office. With ordinary ear infection, buhari could travel to the uk. I hope he can do same now. We are all in for it.

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nbote(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2020
anigbajumo:

Forget all these Trump hype,Newyork needs over 30,000 ventilators u are saying 5,000.Go and see the trade of words between him and NY governor.Trump failed American on this issue for not taking good proactive measures by saying it is just hoax and do nothing b4 it's get out of hand,now they are all facing the consequences.Compare Nigerian Government to chinna not Trump's Lakastical attitudes.

U missed d point. D point isn't d number New York needs or has. D point is despite d number dey had dey recognized d need to add more..
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by executive12: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2020
seunlayi:
They will be useless , WHO just announced a 5hrs cure for Covid-19. Check www.who.org

April fool

A joke in bad taste. Covid-19 is not something to be joking about.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by 9jaRealist: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:
Ventilators are standard equipment in any hospital. The government has been claiming to spend billions of naira and we have only 169 ventilators in a country of 200 million people.
You need your head examined
Commonsense99:
Even the 169 ventilators, do we really have electricity to power them?

We need to Sit up if this Nigeria will ever work out.
segzysexy:
Just 169 Ventilators! That's so bad. Instead of our government to equip all the medical institutions in this country they were busy looting the funds for their personal use. Now they are currently the most affected by the epidemic. I just pray they will know the right thing to do after the disappearance of this outbreak.
omoadeleye:

Abegi, some of you need to read beyond just headlines... grin

It’s 169 in 16 states, but about 500 throughout...
Sorely inadequate, but apparently NONE of the 159 cases thus far has required a ventilator.

We are now bidding against virtually EVERY nation for ventilators...
Accordingly, our best bet is to lockdown, isolate, distance, observe basic hygiene and try to quickly break the chain of infection.

The overwhelming majority of positive cases (80% worldwide) will have mild or no symptoms....
So if we manage to successfully flatten the infection curve quickly, it will not overwhelm our fragile healthcare system.
>

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Commonsense99: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2020
Even the 169 ventilators, do we really have electricity to power them?

We need to Sit up if this Nigeria will ever work out.

Please let them buy more, without COVID-19 pandemic hospitals need these things on a normal day, one single provincial hospital outside Nigeria can boast of at least 30 functioning units.

and let them fix the electricity problem too, just Wondering, prior to this time what were they using for regular icu patients in Nigeria, a country of 200 million people?

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by 9jaRealist: 7:54am On Apr 01, 2020
evansjeff:
Thank God for Pastor Adeboye and others, it would have been worse. The media and Nairaland will never show you this, These donations were made more than two weeks ago so it wasn’t even as a result of the criticisms. Even when I created a topic on it. The mods deleted it but any avenue to rain insults on them, straight to front page. Not everyone likes to make noise over what they do like our politicians.

I used to be part of people criticizing them, but from what I’ve realized, it seems there is a deliberate attempt here on Nairaland to demonize these pastors so I quit. I’m not saying they’re perfect, but when they do good, it should also be made known.

Yes, it’s good to see these pastors put other people’s money (tithes) to good community use, instead of buying private jets. Well done Pastor...
>

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nairalandmonika: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2020
omoadeleye:
Is it that u cannot read?
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nairalandmonika: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2020
Nodogragra4me:
Please give the government a break. While they prepare to do something about the numbers, the ventilator is not a cure . It only aids breathing , eat right . Regular detoxification is better than ventilator . It doesn't cost the earth to fast from food once a week and take to warm water in the morning.

Give the government a breakthrough . They are not perfect but ventilator has not been a serious issue until now . I am sure we would have roasted themif they had announced before brother Coro came visiting that spent billions on ventilator
To slap u dey hungry me
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by executive12: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2020
kramer:

I don't think Biafra is any better sweetie

Knucklehead, how did you figure he is Biafran?
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by pennyland(m): 7:59am On Apr 01, 2020
Nigerian politician are joker's,I remember when Lia Mohammed was asked by journalist how ready is Nigeria government for covid 19,he said we ready for pandemic but today even a baby knows we are not ready

Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by 4ckyou: 8:02am On Apr 01, 2020
evansjeff:
Thank God for Pastor Adeboye and others, it would have been worse. The media and Nairaland will never show you this, These donations were made more than two weeks ago so it wasn’t even as a result of the criticisms. Even when I created a topic on it. The mods deleted it but any avenue to rain insults on them, straight to front page. Not everyone likes to make noise over what they do like our politicians.

I used to be part of people criticizing them, but from what I’ve realized, it seems there is a deliberate attempt here on Nairaland to demonize these pastors so I quit. I’m not saying they’re perfect, but when they do good, it should also be made known.

Owner of naira land is an atheist so what do you expect
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Clothingonline9(m): 8:05am On Apr 01, 2020
Oyo has more than 10 In uch alone this statistic is wrong
Lagos have more than 20
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2020
...and yet some dumb as Bleep minister of health is spitting trash!
the shithole is cursed with stupid, self serving rulers!
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2020
...and yet some dumb as f*ck minister of health is spitting trash!
the shithole is cursed with stupid, self serving rulers!
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by MrPRevailer(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2020
evansjeff:

I wish I could give you 7 likes at once. Wow.

Please continue to post so that people will know what Pastor E.A Adeboye has done for the nation. May God reward/bless him. Very impressive.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by TUANKU(m): 8:13am On Apr 01, 2020
Yobe 3 - Enugu 0, Ekiti 0, Abia 0, Ondo 0, Anambra 0, Imo 0 etc.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by Smartray25: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2020
Our leaders reason like dogs sometimes,this is y dey travel abroad wenever dey have common headache because they embezzle funds meant for ensuring good health of the citizens. How much is ventilators that this great nation Nigeria can't procure incase there's need for it tomorrow. They always go for emergencies,we don't pray it will be needed tomorrow but it's necessary they keep them on ground to avoid had I known.
Re: COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States by obinnaoduduwa: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2020
And you carried all the ventilators to the north and you giving Southern state 4.....very useless country.

My Pre-eclampsia Story. / Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism