Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (49941 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by kokomilala(m): 9:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Another discriminatory policy from an irresponsible and near-useless government.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Anything he does, they criticise him.

Who can now satisfy these people?

I am very optimistic about this words of his. About 11m Nigerians are definitely gonna get palliatives.

Nice work Mr. President.

Anything for now is of importance.

"When he speaks a word or tries to do something, people are waiting patiently to blast him." It you doubt me, re-read comments on page 1 again.

Let's see how it goes.

You have a poverty mindset

You're poor in mind and poor in spirit

I feel sorry for you .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Jimmyubah2: 9:17am On Apr 01, 2020
topstone4:
Please let someone enlighten me on how, when and where Buhari government compiled the list of names on the "National Social Register of Poor and Vulnerable Households."
This is the first time I will be hearing of such a register.
They secretly did that in the North. I mean only in the North. I have a close friend who was part of the data collection and registration. Forget this country jur. The south is locked down while the North receives the conditional cash money as businesses and other normal social activities are on going here in North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by omoiyalayi(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2020
Someone suggested they share it through electricity bill
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by shedy03(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2020
topstone4:
Please let someone enlighten me on how, when and where Buhari government compiled the list of names on the "National Social Register of Poor and Vulnerable Households."
I de wonder too.
The govt of naija is the biggest scam wallai.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by okoloemmalex(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2020
jokers, they have come again, same way these chalartans 're using the war against terror to enrich themselves. they have opened another tap to siphon the treasury. what stops them from using registered BVN, write simple code to filter anyone who's above level 10 in the civil service and those who has above 500k in their account, then CBN can then wire the rest whatsoever they wish to give as palliative to cushion the effects. I also laugh when i hear donations here and there as well, cronies will just loot them away and we will hear SERAP AND ICPC forming probe panel after this pandemic for accountability of how the funds was expended.

fear this country o.

I don talk my own, some of them no even wish make this disease end so that them go cash out well. if you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by franchasng: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2020
topstone4:
it is his Hausa-Fulani people they intentionally used Boko Haram imaginary fight to send to IDP camps to enable them have unfettered access to Niger Delta crude oil in the name of fighting insurgents that after they manage to catch them will still release them with handsome welfare package to go back and continue their imaginary Boko Haram terrorism.

So expect the billions to go mostly to the north as usual, and mind you, 80% of the said money budgeted for this imaginary welfare package for the poor will end up in their greedy pockets because they will re-loot it as usual. Where are all the Abacha recovered loots

They ought to have shard whatever welfare package as cash disbursed through BVN of Nigerians which can be tracked but because they don't want to be tracked and busted, they prefer an imaginary list of poor Nigerians. Very useless, corrupt old fools fooling themselves angry

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Glink2018(m): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2020
11 million my foot. Who did the survey or who collated the data? Maybe some past year data. Like the one inec is doing .that we have mike Tyson, George bush and bill cliton. boko boys will have their own portion in it
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Iceberg3: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR, NORTH??

Very correct. The package is 90% for the north. These are people who don't contribute much to the country. Vat taxes are almost nil in the north but they get the lion of vat revenue derived from other regions.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by 9japride(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

They secretly did that in the North. I mean only in the North. I have a close friend who was part of the data collection and registration. Forget this country jur. The south is locked down while the North receives the conditional cash money as businesses and other normal social activities are on going here in North.
[color=#006600][/color]

That is why it's majorly the northerners that shout One Nigeria I pity the oil producing states, they are still sleeping.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by blackmantis: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2020
For most small business which the FG will classify as ok financially, the moment they stop working for a week, they become poor

These people have closed thier business and are at home

The FG should give palliative to them too. Thier capital is tied to the goods in thier locked shops which they can't sell until the lock down is over.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nigeriapen(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2020
FG Says We've Started Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households Due To Coronavirus Lockdown.

Watch Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9Sgbf7r_I&t=19s
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2020
don't share anything if it won't reach me, I don't have 1naira and you are talking about one national list
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:24am On Apr 01, 2020
topstone4:

national social register of poor and vulnerable

it is in the computer server

beside inec server
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by StivoeDevoe: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2020
am surprise with this wicked regime oh
how can they find 11 million poor people what is the measurement
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:24am On Apr 01, 2020
How will the govt know the poor people??

Las las na for North this money go end up
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by kalvoken(m): 9:24am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??

You mean only for the north?

A bottle of budweiser for you jare. This your comment na top notch
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Pheelz2020(m): 9:25am On Apr 01, 2020
the drama wey go happen eeeh...
the series nor go end..

where d 11mill people de?
how dem take identify them?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

clevvermind:
I need my 10k sha. I know that there is corruption in this country. Expect nothing.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by atiku4President(m): 9:25am On Apr 01, 2020
topstone4:
It's Almajiris
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:25am On Apr 01, 2020
national social register of poor and vulnerable

only exist in their imagination as usually
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by chidooh1: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2020
The north and another way of fooling themselves thinking that they are wise. Just watch how that money will go to the poverty stricken northerners who have never heard of coronavirus till now.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by sencekompis: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2020
3 STATES ON LOCK DOWN

35 STATES TO SHARE THE MONEY

MAJORITY GOES TO THE NORTH

LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN ARE ROUGES

WHERE IS OUR BVN ??

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 01, 2020
Continue to complain on Nairaland and don't go out to protest against bad governance. They should do this... They should do that, yet you people will never protest. Hunger and poverty never kill you.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Omotosho2580: 9:28am On Apr 01, 2020
grin

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by DeWisedon(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2020
11 millions?? What happens to the rest 190 million people?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by eniorisha(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2020
So, me weh dey earn 15k salary with my B.ed B4 Covik 1, 9 & no show again till further note... who's poorer than I'm now? No show, nothing, nothing
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Barrywilly(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2020
Another FG Scam is loading
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2020
LISTEN MY PEOPLE I AM TIRED OF COMPLAINING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE MUMUISM

I AM GOING TO FIGHT BACK SERIOUSLY

WHEN I WAS SMALL I USE TO HEAR MY DAD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT

TODAY HE IS GONE AND HERE I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME NIGERIAN GOVT

THIS WILL NEVER BE MY PORTION SERIOUSLY

I NEED TO PUT THE HEAT ON THIS PEOPLE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by fablani(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2020
no wonder all this almajiris, shoe shiners, okada people, nail cutters and virtually all abokis in Abuja here travelled back to north on Monday.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Egoveen: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2020
I am now convinced that Jubril of sudan is zoogeria's president. grin
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by skare: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2020
If nepa can share bill 2 every household then money shared can get to every hold too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out Road Projects By Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi / Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And A Schoolgirl In Bauchi / Photo Of President Buhari Leaving Abuja For UK Medical Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.