Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (49951 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Realadey(m): 11:12am On Apr 01, 2020
I know those people they are calling poor o, I know those almajiris are the ones they are referring to! Those who had nothing to contribute to the country's economy will be the ones the money get to. And the rest shall be shared among the polithievcians, may God help us o

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Realadey(m): 11:13am On Apr 01, 2020
In fact, you have spoken my mind
Niorte:
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Wayzfundz: 11:26am On Apr 01, 2020
Story for the gods
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Amanda4life: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2020
Nancydearie:
They have already idenfied over 11 million Nigerians? Hmmm, how is that possible? What's their means of identification?

Another means to syphon money.

God will allow corona to wipe them all
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Amanda4life: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2020
My prayer every morning is that any one of them that will use the coronavirus to cheat us poor masses /Nigerians.
May God allow corona virus to wipe them all in Jesus name.

Please joined me to say A Big Amen

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Joefat: 11:33am On Apr 01, 2020
It shall not be well with you people. Because I imagine how manage u people used to identify 11mplus poor Nigerians.. every single Nigerians entitled to this palliative..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by prazil: 11:35am On Apr 01, 2020
jarawa:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-11m-to-get-palliatives-fg.html
So out of the over 200 million Nigerians. We only have 11 million poor Nigerians. God is watching u people. Our politicians need to start taking oath of office with amadioha or Ogun (gods that pass instant judgements)
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Plazma: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2020
Bubu is really fighting corruption
���
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by RandomVic(m): 11:44am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Best post I read all year
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by kim3918: 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by phantom24: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
you sit in your house and recognise 11million poor nigerians at the end you think that this country can everly move forward. May God judge all your wickedness even unto your 10th generation

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Elinosweet143(f): 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
U are ver correct, the question is how many Nigerians are staying in their states let alone their local government? How are d so called LG chairmen identify their people. Yeye dey smell
Citytrend:
Only a fool will call Money given to a Local Government Chairmen a palliative. Because we all know that average Nigerian Local Government Chairman is a pety thief.

Why not share these cash using the Bank or a Trusted NGO in collaboration with the Socalled Local Government Chairmen?

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Bobbyfreshhh: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Abidek900:

your opinion sounds senseless. How many Nigerians are gainfully employed let alone the would pay tax. Crazy fellow

You are the crazy one here.....how and when did the government compiled that register
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Abj2(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
The so called lazy Nigerian Youths will always get nothing while their illiterate brethren who are so loyal to them and follow them like zombies and always help them to rig and win elections are always the beneficiaries.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Bimpe29: 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
I'm not sure of the certainty of these facts and figures.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Eddygre8(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
Focus on the GOODNEWS (WORD) not corona
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Moganajoe: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
The same way $320m Abacha's loot we're shared to imaginary "poorest of the poor" northerners. This government is a disaster to Nigerians.

quote author=Niorte post=87977456]Hmmm

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??[/quote]
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Chrisjay1998(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Pls Guys I need help badly,this lock down is seriously affecting me cus I can't go out to work and earn my daily bread,have been living from hand to mouth these past Few days and I dunno how long I can cope till 2 weeks time,2140269233 UBA no amount is too small plss,
Thank You and God Bless You
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Dominatrix(f): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
Poor undecided
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by inyenejo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
This is by far the most corrupt regime since the creation of this country...,, Abacha we are sorry....
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by diplomat058(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:
cant you read or you left out the part of the 35 states

This is not a valid argument, bro. You and I know that the eleven million beneficiaries are not evenly distributed across the country. Less than ten percent would be allotted to Southern Politicians while the Lion Chunk goes to the regular customers of FG welfare, viz. the Northern Almajiris

The North is a baggage on this failing country

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by pacificom: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nbote:
11 million Audio Almajiris abi?? Now what happens to majority of d population who have had to shutdown d small businesses dey manage?? What happens to those who hawk gala and satchet water for a living in our major streets becos we all know dey are not captured in wateva audio figures d govt is coming up with
That's it oo... Only Almanjiri kids are poor in Nigeria in their eyes. Every other citizens are competing with Aso rock/ Maitama district billionaires. Why giving so much to the poor, after all election will be coming up soon......
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by pacificom: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
sLentlover7778:
The best April fool of the year.. coming from FG.. grin grin grin
This is beyond April fool, Nigerians are all year round foolish in their eyes.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nancydearie(f): 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Amanda4life:

Another means to syphon money.

God will allow corona to wipe them all
I concur.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by iammo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
diplomat058:
This is not a valid argument, bro. You and I know that the eleven million beneficiaries are not evenly distributed across the country. Less than ten percent would be allotted to Southern Politicians while the Lion Chunk goes to the regular customers of FG welfare, viz. the Northern Almajiris

The North is a baggage on this failing country
sadly true.. the previous database under Osinbajo had being played around with the new Minister handling SIP
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Radicalman(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
Please how do dey get the number and method used??
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by twatty: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
I don't expect much from this govt because a govt that always blame the past administration can't do more.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Abidek900(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Bobbyfreshhh:

You are the crazy one here.....how and when did the government compiled that register
do you think they got the register from anywhere?.
this crazy country is for the few mostly from the north.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by soke02(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
How did u arrived at that figure?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by WeRblessed(f): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

Based on research and collected data. There are currently over 120 million Nigerians living under $2.00 a day.

Ask the Nigerian government who these poor Nigerians they are giving palliative benefits are? Do they have a federal security number? Are they tax payers? How are they located? How are these funds going to be disbursed?

I see the Nigerian government as people living a lie. They always try to copy what the western countries are doing but not knowing that those countries have a working system.

In America, the stimulus package will be disbursed based on individuals tax returns. People such as the senior citizens that did not file taxes will get their money through their social security numbers. Everywhere is lockdown but the essential businesses such as grocery stores and Healthcare facilities.

Ask the Nigerian government how far?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Legendguru: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
And where is the statistics

Not surprised this is coming from a failed government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.