Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (49943 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2020
So far people like you and millions out there still have the foolish mindset that "one day Nigeria will be good"
instead of holding your rulers accountable now for better governance, your sufferings may not near its end.
eniorisha:
So, me weh dey earn 15k salary with my B.ed B4 Covik 1, 9 & no show again till further note... who's poorer than I'm now? No show, nothing, nothing
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Utumax(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2020
What yardstick did they use to get this statistics?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2020
StivoeDevoe:
am surprise with this wicked regime oh
how can they find 11 million poor people what is the measurement

IF You 110 million this people(FG) is ready
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Ezmans: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2020
clevvermind:
I need my 10k sha. I know that there is corruption in this country. Expect nothing.
#fumigateourenvirons
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by blackmantis: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2020
This thing just dey vex me.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by vioment: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2020
Lack of light, lack of data, and hindering logistics due to Lack of planned quality infrastructure.
Our known problems since 1960 till date in 2020, how can you not read and expect to pass.

I don't want to hope or fear the virus, this is God humbling the world, that Twitter, Insta, new phone camera, futuristic car, even money can't save at this time, especially if the virus begins to increase its detrimental volume.

We are praying for the amateur corona virus instead of the heavy weight one in the developed nation.

Las Las na earthly combo go cure am.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by emmangrace: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??
The problem is that FG cannot be trusted. Ghost citizens and imaginary poor take greater percentage. The unemployed are not included in their list.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

Useless govt

How will this foolish govt ascertain the poorest amongst Nigerians

And the 11million poorest Nigerians according to FG are:

Mohammed
Sani
Danjuma
Amina
Bello
Ahmed
Aisha
..........etc

And the rest of the money dives into pockets of politicians

Northerners always gain the most while they contribute less to Nigeria

Silly people

Point of Correction...! They contribute Nothing....Zero..!
But take 95.6% of all resources of Southern regions for free
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Iceberg3: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

They secretly did that in the North. I mean only in the North. I have a close friend who was part of the data collection and registration. Forget this country jur. The south is locked down while the North receives the conditional cash money as businesses and other normal social activities are on going here in North.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2020
payperpost:
70 % will still end up in the pocket of those who doesn't have BVN in the north, those who doesn't pay Tax, those who are not affected by the sit-at-home

Use bvn to share the money to those who have less than 20k in their bank account , it will encourage everyone to enrol for bvn ,

national poor registry list is audio list

this government is a fraud .

20k is big o.

More than 50% of bank accounts have 10k and below as balance.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Utumax(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2020
jarawa:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-11m-to-get-palliatives-fg.html
I don't believe anything Good will come out of this adminstration.
Out of more than 200 milion Nigerians, they are saying that it is only 11 million people that are poor.what about people that have less than 500k in their account,are they rich?
They should use their brains for once and listen to the plight of the masses.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by bionixs: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2020
where the press when they are needed ? questions should be asked here
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by LBO20: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Hey Niorte, you're right about people earning $75k getting $1200 in the U.S. but people earning 75k> and <$95k get $1k. This though is if you are single not married. For married couples, they get double of what singles get for each category and then for every child, the family get $500 additional. So for example, if you are married and have 4 children and family income is <150k/yr, the family get $4400 check. So, it varies by categories and cases. And again, it is just one time pay.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by McTested(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2020
Expect nothing from this govt. did the Buhari & co ever been to my local govt. talk more of my village/very own compound?

How on earth will Buhari & Co. ascertain whether me and my household are struggling or not?

Anyway, make sure my name is included in that so called list of yours.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2020
It shall never be well with the government of Nigeria. Amen.

De don carry another money even in the face of the problem inflicting them.

Nigeria don die since. Make all man go hustle for hin head.

In this Corona Pandemic, if they open visa for Nigerians to USA, Italy, France, Singapore, etc.. Naija people go still move comot. We already have a bigger disease killing us and ravaging our lives worse than Corona...Religion, inter and intra-ethnic war, BoKoBoko, lack of the spirit of nationalism, illiteracy, lack of positive orientation, hunger, poverty, lack of opportunities to express one's skills, degrading culture, dead marriage,, etc..

I have never voted and will never vote in dead Nigeria.

NnaEnh..

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ofiko123(m): 9:44am On Apr 01, 2020
Nice one from the buhari led administration...
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ecclize: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2020
Dem no use diplomatic procedure b4 they evacuate their own citizen?...
we are slow in this country
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by yaki84: 9:45am On Apr 01, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Anything he does, they criticise him.

Who can now satisfy these people?

I am very optimistic about this words of his. About 11m Nigerians are definitely gonna get palliatives.

Nice work Mr. President.

Anything for now is of importance.

"When he speaks a word or tries to do something, people are waiting patiently to blast him." If you doubt me, re-read comments on page 1 again.

Let's see how it goes.
Covik-19 bairus locate u and ur household, amen.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Moniya4Real(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2020
Niorte:
Hmmm

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

God bless you and especially your brain and hand you used in typing this excellent piece of write up bro. You spoke nothing but the truth.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Le2money(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2020
The best post so far for this new month...how can she see this your message....I wish she cud see this

Niorte:
Hmmm

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by yaki84: 9:47am On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:
cant you read or you left out the part of the 35 states

So the 36th state has 100percent rich citizens....

When sensible people r talking, u just listen and learn. Don't come and defend ur BBmc allawee
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by jaxxy(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2020
jarawa:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-11m-to-get-palliatives-fg.html

These people are still deceiving themselves, how and where did they get the so called register for the poor from? What geographical region is it from?

What exact palliatives are being given or distributed??

Lack of details and transparency as usual. At the end of the day nothing is verifiable. Lol
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Coldie(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Point of Correction...! They contribute Nothing....Zero..!
But take 95.6% of all resources of Southern regions for free
How did u get this your stats?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Coldie(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2020
My only prayer is that the money should go round to everybody.
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by iammo(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2020
yaki84:

So the 36th state has 100percent rich citizens....

When sensible people r talking, u just listen and learn. Don't come and defend ur BBmc allawee

its either you are not knowledgeable or you just want to troll, the guy said they want to divert it to north, and I replied that the government categorically stated it was for 35 out of the 36 state simple

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Ajenikoko89: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2020
If government are to share the PHCN bill they usually cover almost all of us but when it come for palliative now they will be telling us English and quoting figures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Stan2330(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2020
There are more than 120 million poor Nigerians...How can you say there are just 11 millions? What is their yardstick for measurements?

Must we bring corruption in every of our activities?
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by tallerSSS: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2020
Nancydearie:
They have already idenfied over 11 million Nigerians? Hmmm, how is that possible? What's their means of identification?
I know of 100 around me who are not included.
this country just Taya me
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2020
just 11 million in the POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD?

# usual bullcrap/ alibi to loot!

..the average Nigerian deserves an alert via their bvn in this trying times!

enough of nonsense!
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2020
# usual bullcrap/ alibi to loot!

..the average Nigerian deserves an alert via their bvn in this trying times!

enough of nonsense!
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by 4four(m): 9:59am On Apr 01, 2020
The main question is who are those poor Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas / I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership / Compulsory Vaccination, Others Inside House Of Reps Diseases Control Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.