Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best (84284 Views)

Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast / Messi Vs Ronaldo: Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greater Player / Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by NigeriaB(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
hensben:
For those Portuguese players not to say Cr7 shows Messi is better.

More people are not going for Ronaldo because they can't stand his gut and most times, they interpret his self confidence as pride. He believes he can do it no matter what..

Sentiments aside, I go for Ronaldo any day

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Jude82: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
#MessiTellCoroToMessi ooooo....
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by NigeriaB(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
ALAYORMII:

It’s not bias but the Portuguese players couldn’t say Messi, so they have to be diplomatic and say both.

Ronaldo is their country greatest player.

They don’t want to offend their country

men

No, it's because they didn't know other people were going to come out straight ,dats why they tried to be diplomatic else, they would have picked Ronaldo without looking back. They were really pained when they realised later dat the Argentine guys went straight for Messi.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ictplotter(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Messi....is greater than Cr7. But Dihno is the real goat.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
viccipedia:
Something is doing Nairaland.

I tell you.

Nairaland has gone to the cows.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by franchasng: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ronaldo is a wonderful player, very good for betting but Lionel Messi is a god of soccer. The only player that have accelerator, brake, clutch at the same time. Messi also have the power to vanish in between 3 defenders without the defenders comprehending how it happened. Messi is a spirit in football, but Ronaldo is too good a striker, my best striker
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by michoim(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
Those who chose Messi are South American nations players...not a fair analysis

2 Likes

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Olumyco(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ronaldo Versus Messi

My Opinion

#Ronaldo is a product of Hardwork while Messi is a product of Talent

#Ronaldo has many ways to score a goal while Messi's limited ways of scoring often come with impossible goals

#Ronaldo has more shooting power than Messi while Messi can dribble more than Ronaldo.

#Ronaldo can survive with a weak team if the weak team has a good number 3 while Messi can survive with a weak team if the team has a good number 9.

#Ronaldo can easily adjust and adapt to many patterns of football while Messi does not easily adjust and adapt but can try to change the pattern to suit his own.

#Messi can create more chances than Ronaldo while Ronaldo can convert more chances than Messi

#Ronaldo is simple with football and predictable while Messi is complex and unpredictable with football

#Ronaldo plays football as a Sport while Messi plays football as a Game

#Ronaldo understands football as a relay race while Messi understands football as a fight.

In all the two are good in what they do differently. 

The duo are the best in the World. 

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by CrestMan: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Clown.... Do you know Suarez assisted Messi more than Benzema assisted Ronaldo

Do you know Neymar also assisted Messi more than Bale assisted Ronaldo??

Do you even know Dani Alves assisted Messi more than Marcelo assisted Ronaldo??

Do you know Ronaldo is the highest assister in Madrid history, in UCL history and even in Euros history??

Do you know Ronaldo hasn't scored club freekick goals in 2 years,but he still leads Messi in overall freekicks??

Lol

The Bible says "Give and you shall receive".

"If you sow sparingly, you shall reap sparingly but if you sow bountifully, you shall also reap bountifully".

Messi is King of Assist to his teammates. He is hardly selfish unlike Ronaldo.
Hence the number of Assists they inturn receive from their teammates.

I hope I have answered you? cool
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by NigeriaB(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Do you know Ronaldo is the highest assister in Madrid history, in UCL history and even in Euros history??

Do you know Ronaldo hasn't scored club freekick goals in 2 years,but he still leads Messi in overall freekicks??

Lol

He doesn't know na. In fact, he doesn't even watch football
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by richard870(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
tommykiwi:
KING Messi anytime, anywhere and everywhere.

Let's vote here.

Like for KING Messi

Share for King CR7

For me I go with KING Messi
@Op, you just cracked me up with your vote grin
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Techiekingee(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
DAYOODS:

How did you get this statistics or is it a mere assumption ?
I don't have the link anymore....go on YouTube and search for players and coaches verdict on messi and ronaldo......messi won like 80-20

Just a few manager s remember
Managers
Klopp- messi
Arsene wenger- messi
Ferguson- Ronaldo
Lampard-messi
Guardiola- messi
Mourinho- Messi
Allegri- Messi
Conte-Messi

players
Pirlo- Messi
Rooney- Messi
Zlatan- Messi
Salah- Messi
Hazard- Messi
Gerard- Messi
De lima-Messi
Philip lahm- Messi
Dani alves -Messi
Reus- Messi
Haaland- Ronaldo
Mbappe- Ronaldo
Boateng- Messi
Immobile- Messi
Yaya toure- Messi
David luiz- Messi
Totti- Messi
Beckham- Messi
Robertson- Messi
Mane- Messi
TAA- Messi
And so on

Below, dey all chose Messi over Ronaldo

3 Likes

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Olumyco(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Olumyco:
Ronaldo Versus Messi

My Opinion

#Ronaldo is a product of Hardwork while Messi is a product of Talent

#Ronaldo has many ways to score a goal while Messi's limited ways of scoring often come with impossible goals

#Ronaldo has more shooting power than Messi while Messi can dribble more than Ronaldo.

#Ronaldo can survive with a weak team if the weak team has a good number 3 while Messi can survive with a weak team if the team has a good number 9.

#Ronaldo can easily adjust and adapt to many patterns of football while Messi does not easily adjust and adapt but can try to change the pattern to suit his own.

#Messi can create more chances than Ronaldo while Ronaldo can convert more chances than Messi

#Ronaldo is simple with football and predictable while Messi is complex and unpredictable with football

#Ronaldo plays football as a Sport while Messi plays football as a Game

#Ronaldo understands football as a relay race while Messi understands football as a fight.

In all the two are good in what they do differently. 

The duo are the best in the World. 

Thanks.

So to me it's a function of how we understand football. The two of them are the best and it's hard to select the best.
The reason why someone like me prefer Ronaldo is because if someone using a Cutlass and someone using a grass cutting machine would finish cutting a grass at thesame time then we need to give credit to that person using Cutlass. It means he understands the use of that tool and has put in more effort to compete. It's not easy for someone like Ronaldo who needs hard work to compete with the likes of Messi and still do what Messi does and even sometimes better. And one thing you see about the two is that Ronaldo easily performs in game but Messi might disappoint sometimes and this is why a Genius might disappoint in an exam but a brilliant self made genius has low chances of disappointment. He already knows he needs to prepare and will always prepare.

Messi is a naturally born talented footballer. Ronaldo is self made talented footballer. The two of them are just good. So it's a function of what turns U on. I give kudos to those who develops themselves to the point of becoming a talented person.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by chiboy1116: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Andre Gomes is a barcelona player (though he is on loan at everton)...

Everyone knows that Ibra hates ronaldo.. he is always looking for ways to diss cr7

Yeah, rooney said messi was better but please can you give me any link where keane, scholes n Ferdinand said messi was better cuz I did like to read it
saw this video on YouTube where Keane said so , Ferdinand like really loves Messi from the way he talks about him , he just doesn't compare both of them but he always says Messi is the best player . It's on the internet though
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by GeoAfrikana(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
DAYOODS:

Guy keep quiet,how come none picked Ronaldo? Messi is the king .

Okay, now go and cashout your award in the bank.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Chris2863(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Rubbish, why go carry only Argentinians full there. What do you expect when someone is asked to vote for his own brother?

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
AustineCJ:
Semedo is still a barca player n won't want to get into messi black book, same as gomez when he made that statement .......D maria would ve said it when he was stil with cr7 in madrid of them born am well na.
That is one possiblity..
A speculation.
What if it is the other way round?
I mean, what if the both think Messi is the best but don't wanna upset their country man and Portugal?
Picking Ronaldo will be them betraying Messi,Picking Messi will be them betraying their country.
The latter is not what any reasonable footballer would wanna do and the former is a way better betrayal don't you think?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by sneak3(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
espn:
Most of the Argentine players went with messi...while the Portuguese players said both...the bias is clear...

Not bias bro, it just got to show how good Messi his that even the Portuguese players can not pick Ronaldo over him.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by akennynews(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wimbledon Cancelled First Time Since World War II Due To Covid-19
https://akennynews.com.ng/wimbledon-cancelled-first-time-since-world-war-ii-due-to-covid-19/
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Techiekingee(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Olumyco:

So to me it's a function of how we understand football. The two of them are the best and it's hard to select the best.
The reason why someone like me prefer Ronaldo is because if someone using a Cutlass and someone using a grass cutting machine would finish cutting a grass at thesame time then we need to give credit to that person using Cutlass. It means he understands the use of that tool and has put in more effort to compete. It's not easy for someone like Ronaldo who needs hard work to compete with the likes of Messi and still do what Messi does and even sometimes better. And one thing you see about the two is that Ronaldo easily performs in game but Messi might disappoint sometimes and this is why a Genius might disappoint in an exam but a brilliant self made genius has low chances of disappointment. He already knows he needs to prepare and will always prepare.

Messi is a naturally born talented footballer. Ronaldo is self made talented footballer. The two of them are just good. So it's a function of what turns U on. I give kudos to those who develops themselves to the point of becoming a talented person.
Are u saying Ronaldo doesn't disappoint because he prepares always? Let me start listing his disappointments 4 u
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
AustineCJ:
..D maria would ve said it when he was stil with cr7 in madrid of them born am well na.
Exactly..
Most footballers that say Ronaldo is better than Messi are those who're very close to him.
This statement implies duress..
Di Maria would have said it was Ronaldo if he was still in Madrid not because he really thinks it is Ronaldo but because of the repercussion and now that he is free,I think his opinion has more weight .
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol
Does it change what I said?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by bkool7(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
ElasticStone:

It would be difficult to get players that have played with both if we rule out national team. However, look at number 5 and 7 neutrals.

Pique still plays for Barcelona. So you expect him to choose Ronaldo in a club where Messi is their boss
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nigerialagos: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
espn:
Most of the Argentine players went with messi...while the Portuguese players said both...the bias is clear...

They are South American, that’s how they are but you can say that again �
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
Here we go again!!!

We will end up arguing without any conclusions!!!

Just in 3years, they became just behind only Zizou and Ronaldo Fenomeno and Ronaldinho in FIFA best player ranking!!
Just with 2007, 08 and 09 Performance!!!

What they have become between 2010 and 2019 is unrepeatable!!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by lebete3000: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
None of them sabi play anything jarey.

Mtchew... angry
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by djoe21(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
espn:

Yes, the bias is clear. The Portuguese players are bias. They know Messi is better but since Rinaldo is their fellow country man they chose both so he is not upset. So if anyone is biased, they are the ones.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by banhammy: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
Only idiots argue this Ronaldo Messi matter.
Who has two of them help in Nigeria?
They both donated millions of dollars to their countries.
Do they remember you?
Foolish fools
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Jokerman(m): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
ChaoHendrix:

Does it change what I said?

It does. It shows you Ronaldo is more than a goal scorer... Even we call Henry more than a goal scorer, how much more king CR7?

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by brownbib(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ronaldo is always best for me.
Having played different teams.
Just come play one more season for Utd before you retire.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by djoe21(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jaeis:
Skewed judgment.

Why won't I pick a player I've spent longer time with? What do you expect from Pique, Gago, DiMaria, Garay and Tevez if not to pick their close pal Messi.

Messi and Ronaldo are amazing, majority prefer Messi but Ronaldo is my pick.

So by your logic, you think if Di Maria is asked to pick who is better between Aguero and Ronaldo, he will blatantly say Aguero because he has spent longer time with him, or because they probably are friends?

Bro Messi is the better player. Rinaldo is not even among the argument for best 5 all time greats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by AreaFada2: 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
I think there's little to separate both.

Both are stellar players. But I think the people above are either Argentines or played much longer with Ronaldo. So somewhat skewed.

Ronaldo for his energy and commitment. Consistency across several leagues plus carrying Portugal to success internationally.

Messi for pure genius and making something special look so easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Son Isaac Scores First Career Goal, Celebrates Like Dad (Photos) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 / J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.