Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? (26140 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now – Ohanaeze Begs Buhari FG / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by MetaPhysical: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
imhotep:

It's now 34 likes and counting grin
Sai APC

Cc lzaa

For that nonsense you typed, 34 likes ? grin grin

Im sure Lzaa is one of the zombies that clicked like for you. grin

Buhari AMAKA!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Muyiwabiggy(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
It's time we address claims by Buharist clowns that because Nigeria has recorded just 2 death and 155 infections because of Buharis good leadership , this is huge lie and we will put an end to it today !!.

My first question I ask is can zombies tell us what the Buhari govt has done well so the Americans can emulate him and learn , the truth is Buhari has done nothing infact pound for pound his performance in this Covid crisis is one of the worst pro rata.

Why does Nigeria actually have lower numbers :

1 : Traveller inflow : in the first two months of 2020 America had already received over 58 million international travellers while Nigeria recieved about 485 thousand passengers , from this statistics you can see America has received over 100 times more people than Nigeria so is more likely to have imported more infected people but when we take the percentage of infect ion per mille we fine out that America has 0.02% per mille while Nigeria has 0.03% per mille which means Nigeria imported more infections per thousand at 155 confirmed cases today and if I go further and use the wild estimations that some 5000 infections might be runnings wild it the brings Nigeria imported infection per mille to over 1% which is a lot

2: Number of test carried out ; another reason why Nigeria seems to be spotting far lower numbers is due to the low number of testing don't compared to America.. America has tested over 135 thousand people while Nigeria as at today has just test slightly over 200 meaning while America is testing over 300 people per a million of it's population Nigeria is test just 2 people per million so Nigeria is likely to see fewer cases .

3 : Low Transmission and lethality ; Another reason why the rates are low in Nigeria is that for some reason the virus has a slower or weaker rate of transmission and lethality in Nigeria and this might be due to a lot of factors like weather , humidity , genetic make up , diet and most probable to me the absence of any active 5g signal above 24Ghz ( this is for smarter folks so average folks can stand down please )

4 Lack of adequate data base requisite for contact tracing : many contacts have not been traced due to poor address systems and inadequate data base of contact thereby making the issue of contact tracing more difficult and making the numbers of confirmed cases lower .

5 : Self Medication : Nigeria is well known for self medication and data seems to suggest that many patients with similar symptoms as COVID has chosen to knock it off as common flu and self medicated their way out of it with the support of their youthful immunity ( twitter is filled with such stories )

6: Youthful population : Nigeria due it's high ratio of youthful population with Youthful immunity might be acting as a stumbling block to the person to person transmission rate in the country as most youth have the capacity ward off COVID infections without even throwing symptoms .

Gentlemen with these few points I hope you can see that there is nothing special the government of Buhari is doing to stem this crisis instead the the Buhari govt has contributed more to escalating it to where it is today in Nigeria with their reckless behaviour of late travel restrictions till their kids got back home and Federal govt aide even going as far as importing infections and spreading it within govt circle ...I must not fail to commend the stellar leadership in this crisis of the Lagos State govt because they set parameters and template for tackling this which other state Govts have quickly mirrored and which has greatly help but as for the Buhari govt I don't see a single special standout thing they did infact they where late to to the table and only came after Lagos had taken the initiative to bear the index case at it's own risk and initiative

U refused to mention the most important of all points which is THE GRACE OF THE ALMIGHTY ON US.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600]

And is that as a result of government intervention or because of superior genetics and favourable weather ?

They have the same hot weather in Ghana, but they also have more infections and deaths than Nigeria.

The no knowledge length you people go to disparage your own country is just too shameful.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by GamalNasser: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Muyiwabiggy:

U refused to mention the most important of all points which is THE GRACE OF THE ALMIGHTY ON US.

Ohh so true , how did I fail to mention that I will add it immediately ..thank U
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:

For that nonsense you typed, 34 likes ? grin grin

Im sure Lzaa is one of the zombies that clicked like for you. grin

Buhari AMAKA!!
It's now 45 likes.

Sai dullardeen grin

Cc lzaa itooworwor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Biodun556(m): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
It's time we address claims by Buharist clowns that because Nigeria has recorded just 2 death and 155 infections because of Buharis good leadership , this is huge lie and we will put an end to it today !!.

My first question I ask is can zombies tell us what the Buhari govt has done well so the Americans can emulate him and learn , the truth is Buhari has done nothing infact pound for pound his performance in this Covid crisis is one of the worst pro rata.

1 : Traveller inflow : in the first two months of 2020 America had already received over 58 million international travellers while Nigeria recieved about 485 thousand passengers , from this statistics you can see America has received over 100 times more people than Nigeria so is more likely to have imported more infected people but when we take the percentage of infect ion per mille we fine out that America has 0.02% per mille while Nigeria has 0.03% per mille which means Nigeria imported more infections per thousand at 155 confirmed cases today and if I go further and use the wild estimations that some 5000 infections might be runnings wild it the brings Nigeria imported infection per mille to over 1% which is a lot

2: Number of test carried out ; another reason why Nigeria seems to be spotting far lower numbers is due to the low number of testing don't compared to America.. America has tested over 135 thousand people while Nigeria as at today has just test slightly over 200 meaning while America is testing over 300 people per a million of it's population Nigeria is test just 2 people per million so Nigeria is likely to see fewer cases .

3 : Low Transmission and lethality ; Another reason why the rates are low in Nigeria is that for some reason the virus has a slower or weaker rate of transmission and lethality in Nigeria and this might be due to a lot of factors like weather , humidity , genetic make up , diet and most probable to me the absence of any active 5g signal above 24Ghz ( this is for smarter folks so average folks can stand down please )

4 Lack of adequate data base requisite for contact tracing : many contacts have not been traced due to poor address systems and inadequate data base of contact thereby making the issue of contact tracing more difficult and making the numbers of confirmed cases lower .

5 : Self Medication : Nigeria is well known for self medication and data seems to suggest that many patients with similar symptoms as COVID has chosen to knock it off as common flu and self medicated their way out of it with the support of their youthful immunity ( twitter is filled with such stories )

6: Youthful population : Nigeria due it's high ratio of youthful population with Youthful immunity might be acting as a stumbling block to the person to person transmission rate in the country as most youth have the capacity ward off COVID infections without even throwing symptoms .

Gentlemen with these few points I hope you can see that there is nothing special the government of Buhari is doing to stem this crisis instead the the Buhari govt has contributed more to escalating it to where it is today in Nigeria with their reckless behaviour of late travel restrictions till their kids got back home and Federal govt aide even going as far as importing infections and spreading it within govt circle ...I must not fail to commend the stellar leadership in this crisis of the Lagos State govt because they set parameters and template for tackling this which other state Govts have quickly mirrored and which has greatly help but as for the Buhari govt I don't see a single special standout thing they did infact they where late to to the table and only came after Lagos had taken the initiative to bear the index case at it's own risk and initiative

Please compare Nigerian case with Italy, Spain, and South Africa
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by tot(f): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chief zombie and assistant zombies are on duty today. Carry on cheesy
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Itemmanu:
[s][/s]
Gibberish
Pls I don't know how to rubbish stupid post like you did to op's. Pls how do you rule line over that post? I'm using Tecno pouvoir 3
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Emotionss: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
idealogical:
[s][/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11295199_111_png7269932fdd7f8ba760b50d8a119a60c0

Instead of lying all over the place and peddling false and bogus info because you hate Nigeria, this is what we want you to peddle if you really care about Nigeria.

#Takeresponsibility.

Young man our superior genetics (thanks to malaria, yellow fever and typhoid ) is one of the major reasons the covid-19 is not spreading like mad and the fatality rate is low.

Secondly our testing capacity is extremely low. Less than 100 test in a day and we currently have about 159 cases. What do you think will be our statistics if we are capable of more than 5k test in a day.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Biodun556(m): 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

They have the same hot weather in Ghana, but they also have more infections and deaths than Nigeria.

The no knowledge length you people go to disparage your own country is just too shameful.

Egypt and South Africa have hot weather but they have severe case than Nigeria
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Roon9(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

I just gave you the obvious realities that you don't see and don't want to see.

You think it's by luck or accident that you are not sick, not infected or dead, no, it's because hardworking men and women, doctors, nurses, NCDC, LASG and other patriotic Nigerians are fighting the virus and taking the bullets on you and your family's your behalf.

Be grateful instead of being hateful.

Na lie baba! Corona is nothing to Nigerians. Mk oyibo talk wetin dey kill dem. So you seriously believe corona cases in naija is less than 1000? Wow! Just wow

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
Biodun556:

Exactly my point.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Emotionss: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

How many people have been tested in Ghana compire to Nigeria ?

Please honestly answer this question.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Roon9:

Na lie baba! Corona is nothing to Nigerians. Mk oyibo talk wetin dey kill dem. So you seriously believe corona cases in naija is less than 1000? Wow! Just wow

Comedian.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by fredoooooo: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
Eriggs:
Nice one Og_ Freddoooo wink, dem no born those animals well to quote u walahi grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Study4life: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Biodun556:

Because they are testing more people than Nigeria.
The more you test, the more confirmed cases u will get because most people that have it doesn't show any symptoms that's why WHO Emphasized on the needs for countries to test as many people as possible

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
Please honestly answer this question.[/quote]
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

And is that as a result of government intervention or because of superior genetics and favourable weather ?

Emotionss:

The problem with wailers and destructive critics is that they always shift the goalposts. As such, you can never have any reasonable conversation with them.

From weather to testing..

Testing is the new goal post. The OP was right about you wailers, grin grin
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by iykbethany(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
Whatever the case may be, you guys should make sure that this virus does not get to the poor villages bc if it does its gonna be a TSUNAMI.

I support neither APC nor PDP bc they are all the same set of crooks.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Emotionss: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
[/color]
idealogical:

Please honestly answer this question.[color=#006600]

The problem with wailers and destructive critics is that they always shift the goalposts. As such, you can never have any reasonable conversation with them.

From weather to testing..

Testing is the new goal post. The OP was right about you wailers, grin grin

I stand by my statements.
The weather and genetics ( Not Government) is one of the reasons we will not experience Italy and Spain predicament.

As of Ghana having more cases than Nigeria I challenge you to compire the number of test being done in Ghana and that of Nigeria.

Am waiting

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
Study4life:

Because they are testing more people than Nigeria.
The more you test, the more confirmed cases u will get because most people that have it doesn't show any symptoms that's why WHO Emphasized on the needs for countries to test as many people as possible

Testing is good, but you don't have to test before people show symptoms and die so explain to us why people are dying and showing symptoms all over the place in Nigeria and why Nigerians (Thank God) are not storming the hospitals and dying with symptoms testing or no testing.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Roon9(m): 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

Comedian.

You funnier bro

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by temielects(m): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
GamalNasser:

7: The Grace of Almighty God : Finally like our people say "Cow wey no get tail na God dey help am pursue fly" the only other plausible explanation for the low numbers is that the Grace of Almighty God is with NIGERIANS as even God knows our Govt is not prepared and doesn't have the capacity to handle a full blown COVID pandemic

I love people that can argue like this, reasonable points!

2 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

I stand by my statements.
The weather and genetics ( Not Government) is one of the reasons we will not experience Italy and Spain predicament.

As of Ghana having more cases than Nigeria I challenge you to compire the number of test being done in Ghana and that of Nigeria.

Am waiting

Weather is not a scientifically proven fact, you are not medical doctor and you are definitely not an epidemiologist, you are just a layman talking rubbish on NL.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

I just gave you the obvious realities that you don't see and don't want to see.

You think it's by luck or accident that you are not sick, not infected or dead, no, it's because hardworking men and women, doctors, nurses, NCDC, LASG and other patriotic Nigerians are fighting the virus and taking the bullets on you and your family's your behalf.

Be grateful instead of being hateful.

Zombie do you know the number of people killed by lassa fever this year alone?
If you attribute the low infection rate to gov's proactive actions, why don't you also accept that it's the wailers that deserve the best praise for pushing govs to take those actions. When wailers were pressing for border closure, you zombies were defending govt. When wailers were asking govt to address the nation, you zombies said no need for such. So far, these are the actions known by all to have been taken by the govt to curb the spread. So why don't you thank wailers for speaking up when you chose to lick ass

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Emotionss: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
idealogical:

Weather is not a scientifically proven fact, you are not medical doctor and you are definitely not an epidemiologist, you are just a layman talking rubbish on NL.
And I ask
What is the testing capacity of Ghana compire to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
mvem:
oga I will quote you...you wish people will die, don't be surprised we might record only 5 deaths throughout the pandemic...you people keep on wishing bad so that it fits your narrative... Cases will definitely rise for it is obvious carriers are more than the confirmed cases but the bone of contention is the deaths...we won't record deaths like Europe or America
Why so? Does Nigeria have a cure or a better support system?
Last I checked, nafdac just approved usage of chloroquine in treatment hours after FDA did same

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

How many people have we tested in comparison with Ghana. We're still looking for 6000 contacts and you're here bragging

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by lastempero: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Right from the mis pronunciation to this moment.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

Testing is good, but you don't have to test before people show symptoms and die so explain to us why people are dying and showing symptoms all over the place in Nigeria and why Nigerians (Thank God) are not storming the hospitals and dying with symptoms testing or no testing.
Conversely, you can also explain to us why that is not happening. Has the govt vaccinated people against the virus or fumigated the Nigerian airspace. Think bro, think. Don't be a zombie. From a medical/public health perspective, we've been following WHO guidelines and not even meeting their requirements. So can you kindly tell us what game-changer we have employed.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-cases-flu-like-drop-linked-with-high-heat-humidity-2020-3%3famp

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/615381/coronavirus-spread-could-slow-with-warmer-weather/

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Zombie do you know the number of people killed by lassa fever this year alone?
If you attribute the low infection rate to gov's proactive actions, why don't you also accept that it's the wailers that deserve the best praise for pushing govs to take those actions. When wailers were pressing for border closure, you zombies were defending govt. When wailers were asking govt to address the nation, you zombies said no need for such. So far, these are the actions known by all to have been taken by the govt to curb the spread. So why don't you thank wailers for speaking up when you chose to lick ass

1. We are talking about CV-19, not LASSA fever, stop moving the goal post.

2. You did not push the government to do anything, the FG do what they do based on facts and credible reports tendered by government agencies, not any rant or wailing by by you and your fellow wailers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Am The Happiest Man In The World - Former Niger Delta Militant Says. Photos / Meet Zulfat Suara Running For An At-large Seat On Metro Council, Nashville US / Court Convicts Victor Mela, House Of Reps Member, For Lying Under Oath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.