Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) (62908 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / A Nairalander’s Trip To Rhode Island / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

No city can be in another city oga ade.
Share boundary doesn't mean it's in that city.

How sure are we that you are not in Ariara market in Aba

grin grin Something is tellin' me that nigga is living in this shithole(Nigeria) probably on his bed with his 512 ram Tecno phone typing bullshit.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
justnock:

I wish I do smoke. Armstedam would've been a paradise.
Do they smoke there grin
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

Talented Liar! I saw your post on Canada thread where you're claiming to be living Canada, A dude even wants your address and u refuse to give it out. I guess you're living a fake life or am i just being too inquisitive?

Egunmogaji come see oooo this Torrance abi Terrence dreamer has been buster

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

grin grin Something is tellin' me that nigga is living in this shithole(Nigeria) probably on his bed with his 512 ram Tecno phone typing bullshit.

He has beeb busted he was on canada thread claiming to be living in Canada

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Do they smoke there grin

Weed is baba nla legal

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

grin grin grin grin
YAHOO BOYS don come oooooooo, before them hack my savings account through Nairaland.
It's 7:15am here make I go baff, comot.
BYE

What the bleep are u saying? Why do respond like a mentally retarded person?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I really don't like doing this as it belittles good and decent citizens who lives there but folks don't let anybody try to use Torrance to brag to you.

Torrance is not Pacific Palisades, South Pasadena, etc It's a gang infested little b bedroom corner of Los Angeles. Not too far from Compton and East Los Angeles, the heartland of Crips. Blood and MS13. Wear the wrong color shirt, drive wrong color car and go into the wrong neighborhood and you'll end up sorry.
Uncle e do tey you left the States, I can see it.
Gang war in Torrance was way long ago, the city is nearly without gangs now. Gang cities like Compton and Inglewood are being cleaned up as I type.
Cost of living went up because of the stadium in Inglewood and those low lives are leaving town, going down as far as Lancaster. Yes, Pasadena may still hold some of the gangs for now.

Do you know that average one bed rent around Torrance is now $1600/month, do you think that those lazy gangsters can still afford it?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

He has beeb busted he was on canada thread claiming to be living in Canada

I was there observing him for long, he never even share his landing gist or drop a single picture of Canada in that thread and he's here claiming to be living in the US.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Hifeylove: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
You said you drove for 6hours,? Where you see the permit? For this corona season you even get time to Dey drive upandan... pls park well no use us dey pass your jail...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by APOPTOSIS: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

I was there observing him for long, he never even share his landing gist or drop a single picture of Canada in that thread and he's here claiming to be living in the US.
PLEASE can you share a picture of the thread..?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
APOPTOSIS:

PLEASE can you share a picture of the thread..?

It will take some time to dig in the thread fish out his conversation but I'll do it later today and tag you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Ishilove: 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
J111333:
Haunty take out small money you sow as seed in the hands of your pastor and sow a seed of good phone in my life, you will still make heaven. undecided
Oya send your account details let me send you money for a good phone before you give someone migraine with 1900 camera undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ishilove:

Oya send your account details let me send you money for a good phone before you give someone migraine with 1900 camera undecided
0000011110000000000000000000000 Obosi community bank Nigeria limited. Name is Isiokpukpu Ajayi Usman.undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by APOPTOSIS: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

It will take some time to dig in the thread fish out his conversation but I'll do it later today and tag you.
I need a SCREEN SHOT of it.
I need it as an evidence, because I don't think he will be lying about such.

I have followed him keenly, and he has always said things about the US.
I also have an uncle who resides in Los Angeles.
I think he is right in most of what he said.

So, I think the CANADA evidence will do justice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by eziezi90(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Relevance?
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
J111333:
0000011110000000000000000000000 Obosi community bank Nigeria limited. Name is Isiokpukpu Ajayi Usman.undecided
Done. 50K transferred.

Please go and get a good phone ASAP before you give someone hypermetropia.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
APOPTOSIS:

I need a SCREEN SHOT of it.
I need it as an evidence, because I don't think he will be lying about such.

I have followed him keenly, and he has always said things about the US.
I also have an uncle who resides in Los Angeles.
I think he is right in most of what he said.

So, I think the CANADA evidence will do justice...

Lol? He said things about US and u believe he's in the US? Hahaha, you're a clown bro, I'm in Nigeria here and I can boast of knowing almost everything about Canada. What is google meant for?. Has he ever shown you his picture he took in the U.S?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Dollywood(m): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Haven't sleep for once and dream of America
Netherlands is always on my mind smiley

You wanna become a footballer there?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by APOPTOSIS: 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

Lol? He said things about US and u believe he's in the US? Hahaha, you're a clown bro, I'm in Nigeria here and I can boast of knowing almost everything about Canada. What is google meant for?. Has he ever shown you his picture he took in the U.S?
It appears we derive joy in insulting people before we make our points.
And such character is affecting us badly.

I believe in him because I have followed him for sometime now.

What amazed me about him was the day he transferred tokens to the accounts of some DIE-HARD MESSI fans on Nairaland as part of his jubilation for scoring a fantastic goal and my friend who was sitting right with me got an ALERT and thanked him. Others also did.

.... a LADY on Nairaland cried that her fashion business was collapsing, he kept asking about the lady's welfare all through. The next we saw was the LADY screaming with joy on the same page thanking him for an alert.

So, why should I despair him and by the way, he is very knowledgeable, and vast.
And I try to verify most of his facts.
Meanwhile, I just told you my uncle stays in Los Angeles and I do call him regularly..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

You wanna become a footballer there?
Bobo yii ja baje gba five grin
How you take Know
Bro may God help us just want to achieve this dream undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by APOPTOSIS: 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

We are waiting for you to Post the CANADA thread, where Evilforest claimed ownership.
I just checked his entire profile, he hasn't created a thread/Topic since he landed on Nairaland.
.....I am interested in the thread and I guess many people are also interested.

If u can follow him from CANADA to the US, you can also dig up such Thread for us to see and NAIL him.

I am WAITING...
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Focusingmore: 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
I always feel sorry for Nigerians when I read all these heart breaking comments.

Someone said they'll rather be homeless in America than live in Nigeria.

God please send help to your people because one thing for sure there'll be stricter immigration rules going forward, Nigeria must get better for those who can't escape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
drips8:

Despite America's success, they still have a lot of troubles from poverty, homelessness and crime. They even have the highest rate of Human Rights violations in the developed world.

Los Angeles is terrible for the average low earning person, a lot of people with dreams and some already broken, almost everyone there wants to be an entertainer and then life happens. The city is ridiculously expensive hence the high rate of homelessness in the city. Skid row is the worst place there. Some simply prefer to stay there than move back to their states as failures and keeping hoping for the best.

One of the reasons why property in Los Angeles or California as a whole is expensive is restrictive planning. It is difficult to get a permit to build. Worse, a permit for the wrong sought of structure is granted.

A city like Los Angeles needs lots of medium to high density buildings but there's preference for low density buildings i.e. a house on a plot fo land. This senselessness keeps rents very high.

There's a city in California where 94% of the buildings permits are low density buildings. It won't shock you therefore that a 3 bedroom bungalow will easily top $1m. Meanwhile, a much bigger house in permit friendly Arkansas or Texas will go for $150,000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Felicity0001:

In addition, an average American mindset is wired to the government free bills so non ever wants to buy a home outrightly even if they have the money they rather opt for a morgage which will last for 30-40yrs forgetting they may fall into financial, drug, accident or some kind of troubles which might make them not owning the house.
Government have made their minds lazy.

Mortgage is not government free bills. Mortgage and not equity is the preferred choice of property purchase in developed countries.

It is only in countries like Nigeria where mortgage lending rates are sky high you see people preferring equity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ykc2:
any homeless american person is a former felon or drug addict ,how many of Nigerians are homeless in america? I dont think you will see cus they know what they came there to do,some homeless people in america are living fine than some conditions of nigerians living in lagos

Wrong.

Many simply can't afford the rent because they fell on hard times such as loss of unemployment which is the most common.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
where average American want see the money to buy house outright in the first place? undecided
Use your brain,there no be naija weh you go build any kind of kitchen you like anywhere that will cost 2m and you start living in it uncompleted.
Real estate developers secure land lease,develop it according to whom they want to be selling to(target market),fix price,client comes,likes the place,go to his bank to finance the deal,bank pays the developer and then mortgage it to client for 40years with interest.
War betide the client if he defaults grin
Bank go just send two collect their house back and all your mortgage turns to rent,
Use your brain and stop talking rubbish!
The US government has nothing to do with mortgage or credit,just regulatory rules like what CBN does here too.

I let him know that in developed countries, a mortgage is the preferred means of homeownership due to affordable lending rates, unlike Nigeria where it is 25%. I also let him know too that it isn't free money.

All the same. there was no need to insult him. Give him a break grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by ivolt: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
Honey I posted in reply to your comment that Nigerians are mostly below average earners in the USA. You should know that education and skill is actually power which in most cases translates to more income..
No. I posted that they are average and below-average earners and couldn't afford to buy a house from 3 years' savings.
Then, you started talking about education and making comparisons. This is irrelevant as we have real numbers for comparison instead
of flawed correlation.

If you’re following basic statistics, that doesn’t necessarily apply to Nigerian immigrants.
Why shouldn't it?

They don’t come to America and live here with the same drive as people who have always been here and are used to not struggling for basic things. That extra drive often amounts to more income.
Drive has no effect on potential income when you correct for skills.
If the average software engineer earns 150K per year, there is no reason
why a Nigerian immigrant with similar skills will earn significantly higher than others.
Same applies to Nigerian immigrants in Ghana, for example, we wouldn't expect similar-skilled
employee of Nigerian origin to simply out-earn the native just because they are immigrants.

Here are some links that talk about average Nigerian-American income.

USA poverty level is around $25,000 for a family of four and $32,000 for a family of 6 As of 2020.

Average Nigerian household income is above $60,000. So no! We are not low income earners like you generalized earlier. Neither am I claiming that Nigerians are rich. Just easy on the generalizations. Thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/u-could-actually-more-nigerian-133011858.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/u-could-actually-more-nigerian-133011858.html

You are probably conflating 2 figures, poverty level, and average income.
The average income of a native-born American is not $32000, unfortunately, the article did not state the native-born
average income but compared Nigerian income with the rest of the US.

I didn't generalize, I merely stated a statistical reality common to ALL immigrant demographics with a significant population in the US.
That they likely earn an average income or lower(this applies to recent immigrant)
Consequent on the above, they are no more likely to own a home than the native-born.

There is no reason why Nigerians should earn higher than any other similarly-skilled citizens.

This is a line from your yahoo link:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-could-actually-more-nigerian-133011858.html
I am even surprised that it even went beyond what I expected.

Nigerian-Americans are more likely to have jobs than the rest of us, and much more likely to have college degrees. They’re also much less likely to own their homes, and slightly more likely to be below the poverty line — although they’re less likely to collect the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits commonly known as food stamps. Nigerian-Americans are younger (median age is 31.6, compared with 38.2 for the U.S. overall), more likely to live in big cities (at least, that’s how I interpret the relatively high share of public transportation users), more likely to work in education and health care (there are a lot of Nigerian-American doctors) and slightly more likely to be married.

The quote above buttresses my argument.
That a group may have some of the best-educated and employed people and still earn average income as a whole.

My point still stands if the native-born are struggling to own a home in the US just by saving, there is no reason why we
should expect any different from Nigerian immigrants.

Unless of course, the immigrants are earning double or triple the average native-born income which is quite a fantasy.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
No they are not.

Nigerian immigrants here are some of the best educated and well employed citizens the country has to depend on.

Actually backed by research.

Not that old wives tales of washing dishes and cleaning toilets. (Not that it’s bad)

Nigerians are the most educated demography in the United States.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by APOPTOSIS: 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

We are waiting for you to Post the CANADA thread, where Evilforest claimed ownership.
I just checked his entire profile, he hasn't created a thread/Topic since he landed on Nairaland.
.....I am interested in the thread and I guess many people are also interested.

If u can follow him from CANADA to the US, you can also dig up such Thread for us to see and NAIL him.

I am still WAITING, patiently...
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Alvin212(m): 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
SenatorBright:

Make I pickup your money with my bank in Connecticut

Undercover EFCC buster boy
I know you wella

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

Do you have a stats source?

I am alluding to the average Nigerian immigrant and not highly skilled professionals.

I expect the immigrants' income to follow a bell curve like every other demographics.
Few outliers and majority average.

Belonging to a group that is best-educated and well employed does not preclude that the majority
of that same group are average or below income-wise.

It will be a 10th wonder of the world if an average Nigerian in the US earns significantly above the average wage of the country.

The income of the average Nigerian American is above the American average

"Nigerian-Americans, the article added, were one of America's “most successful immigrant communities, with a median household income of $62,351, compared to $57,617 nationally, as of 2015”

Some immigrant groups such as Cuban and South Asians have been able to achieve that feat too

Source: https://africacheck.org/spot-check/yes-nigerian-americans-do-well-but-arent-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-us/

https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-may-surprise-you/86885/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by grandstar(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

It not necessary bro
I did my research and I found out that
99% of them can construct good English
You can also do your research about the country

Learnt Dutch are multilingual but it does not change things.

In California, there's a massive Spanish speaking population. Does that mean you can be successful just knowing how to speak only Spanish and not English.? You probably can but it will be limited. Knowing English will get you very far.

There's still a preference for Dutch. I'm sure office work is conducted in Dutch for instance. Official letters will be in Dutch etc.

So, even if you can go far with English, you'll do much better having a good command of English.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Calabar Residents Block Gutters With Refuse (Photos) / India: Python Causes Traffic Jam On Express Highway (Photos, Video) / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.