Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) (62958 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / A Nairalander’s Trip To Rhode Island / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Netherlands is the best country in the world,. However, you need to know how to speak Dutch to succeed.
It not necessary bro
I did my research and I found out that
99% of them can construct good English
You can also do your research about the country
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Hahahahahahahahaha
I don't need the ADDRESS.
I mean City.
I just told you mine.
But wait ooo, even you dey fear the CRIMINAL ELEMENTS in Naija.
Those people dealt me. cry cry cry cry

Now go back inside your hole
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Big mistake then. I read that as traveling time between LA and SF within the same state.

6 hours per trip to go to work? shocked

Yup
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
https://africacheck.org/reports/nigerian-immigrants-top-class-us/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bet.com/news/national/2012/03/20/survey-nigerians-most-educated-in-the-u-s.amp.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Americans#Education

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html%3f_amp=true

https://medium.com/@joecarleton/why-nigerian-immigrants-are-the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-23a7ea5a0832

And your stat source for the below is?
ivolt:

Do you have a stats source?

I am alluding to the average Nigerian immigrant and not highly skilled professionals.

I expect the immigrants' income to follow a bell curve like every other demographics.
Few outliers and majority average.

Belonging to a group that is best-educated and well employed does not preclude that the majority
of that same group are average or below income-wise.

It will be a 10th wonder of the world if an average Nigerian in the US earns significantly above the average wage of the country.

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by lightwind(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
As a matter of fact . Lol
because i know you were in Nigeria some time ago. Well which State are you in ��
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Powersurge: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I can't come back.
I left a JOB of $800 monthly pay in Nigeria for a JOB of at least $1500 weekly pay.
And that's not yet my DREAM JOB.

I LEFT NIGERIA because I was overwhelming tired of how people are treated.
I was robbed countless times in Nigeria
Can't imagine my KIDS passing through such.

We have no regard for HUMANS not to talk of creatures.
Who worries about DATA here..?
Why do you think most of us are always ONLINE..
We leave DATA running endlessly.
When you register, they tell you its UNLIMITED

So why should I come back home..??

NIgeria is like a plague. You can't afford to touch her with a 20 meters pole. The irony of it is that the people are gullible.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Why Netherlands ��?
Because it's a very great country and lots of opportunities
If you do your research you will see
It's obvious many people don't know this
If they do ,they won't want to kill theirself going to America
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:

Still defensive. When you’re ready read the post you were huffing about again
park one corner.
I have seen your Christmas clothes and new shoe.
Next time don't quote me please.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
bigcee:
Awon 1759 grin grin grin
o ja si, 1759 don even stale na Bola komo now.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
Powersurge:

NIgeria is like a plague. You can't afford to touch her with a 20 meters pole. The irony of it is that the people are gullible.

Not a plaque to me

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by travelland(f): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I can't come back.
I left a JOB of $800 monthly pay in Nigeria for a JOB of at least $1500 weekly pay.
And that's not yet my DREAM JOB.

I LEFT NIGERIA because I was overwhelming tired of how people are treated.
I was robbed countless times in Nigeria
Can't imagine my KIDS passing through such.

We have no regard for HUMANS not to talk of creatures.
Who worries about DATA here..?
Why do you think most of us are always ONLINE..
We leave DATA running endlessly.
When you register, they tell you its UNLIMITED

So why should I come back home..??

Because your life is in danger. 200,000+ tested positive to corona virus, yesterday 844 people died in 24hrs from it.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Hahahahahahahahaha.
I pray for you to LEAVE NAIJA...
But if you are comfortable with the KILLINGS, UNEMPLOYMENT, KIDNAPPINGS, ROBBERIES and you think you can surround yourself with mobile police men and defend yourself against these ILLS, please STAY BACK.

Forget that thing.

Yeah, Nigeria is bad but not that bad. Enjoy the USA, I did for over 3 decades, but not necessary to put those at home down as if they are all in perpetual bad circumstance.

Please don't make me bust out a list of bad stuff in that your gang infested Torrance grin

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by lightwind(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:
I rather remain a THIRD CLASS here and be sure of the future of my kids. See them go to good schools for free... Share ideas with exposed minds...
I feel comfortable with that. I no go lie you.
You are on point brotherly
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by 77up(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If not for this corona virus New York is where i intend to relocate to but I'm stuck in here in Spain hopefully by may cry
Very deadly zone at the moment. I pray may God continue to protect us all, stay safe pls.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
zoedew:

which style? america na free society nah? nobody fit challenge you when the place nor be NK or China
It was about respect.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Splashme:

Is it free or you pay?
It's not a toll road so it's free. It's just like Lagos Ibadan expressway.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
park one corner.
I have seen your Christmas clothes and new shoe.
Next time don't quote me please.

I hope it’s pretty enough to make you quench grin

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

East or west home is the best.
What do you miss about that side?

Nothing. I wasn't an economic migrant. In the 80's a lot of us went for studies with the intention of coming right back. Mine too longer than usual because I ended up getting married and raising a family.

My thread is at https://www.nairaland.com/5577396/yankee-naija-thoughts-experiences
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
lightwind:
because i know you were in Nigeria some time ago. Well which State are you in ��

Figure it out.

Since you know me so well cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
J111333:
It was about respect.

Post dubai-like pictures not ugly dirty places
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
travelland:

Because your life is in danger. 200,000+ tested positive to corona virus, yesterday 844 people died in 24hrs from it.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Please you need to be in the US.
When I mean BASIC THINGS OF LIFE are BASIC.
No Governor talks about providing water, Light and Good Roads.
No one talks about eradicating Malaria.
They no longer talk about that.
JOBs are created Every Minute.
.... a white man fears a JOBLESS MAN more than a Careless Man.

COME BACK and FIT in where..?
I just volunteered to join the Fight against Corona. Just waiting for my CALL UP.

It's worth Fighting here, because you see the benefits immediately.
NIGERIA is blessed but its Leaders are beyond human imagination.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by SweetCunt97(f): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

The United States
Odinma
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
LadyHeaven:

What's the easiest route to Netherlands?
To be honest I don't know
I Just did a little research about their way of living and various jobs over there
You can widened your research on Google if you want to know more about their country through what I saw
it's a good country
Even me I will try apply for their visa when all this pandemic is over
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by ivolt: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
And your stat source for the below is?
Your sources are all about education.

I had no source before my previous comment, just basic statistics.
If every other immigrant in the US earns averagely or below, there is no reason to believe
that Nigerians are different.

Here is a source, not exactly what I want but it points to the fact that immigrants are having it
worse than native borns at least for up to 2 decades after immigration.

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/immigrant-wages-converge-those-native-born-americans

If you have any source that discuss the salary of average immigrants contrary to mine, please post them.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
ok no worries.
These $25k homes,do people actually rent them?
And can one also buy them from Nigeria without US paper work?
I'm curious please.

The funny thing is that I even learnt about them from posts by a Nairalander in the property section about 5 years back. It's not something that I'm interested in.

After reading the post I asked a friend with me in the USA and he told me about some Nigerians that bought.

You can indeed buy property in the USA from Nigeria. But why? There's money to be made here locally. Just be open minded.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

How sure are we he is not in onitsha

He can post his phone GPS location cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ishilove:

Oga, this your camera dey give person headache
Haunty take out small money you sow as seed in the hands of your pastor and sow a seed of good phone in my life, you will still make heaven. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Ginomel(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You and me both.

Nothing can shake me from my Ibadan. I've put in my time, 33 years in the USA, 29 in California and 4 in Texas.

Wow!!!! 33years? You must be as wide as Solomon to come back. You have seen it all out there.

Please help to advise the youths that not all that glitters is gold and that grass is greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by executive12: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
I hope you stay back there in beautiful Alameda California until the covid-19 crisis is over.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

He can post his phone GPS location cheesy
Just for someone to prove that he is in the US...
grin grin grin
Why do you see it as HEAVEN...?
People come in and Leave Everyday.
It's just an ORGANIZED SOCIETY where you must pay ur bills monthly to enjoy the facilities.
I can invite you, but granting you the VISA is what I don't know.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ginomel:

Wow!!!! 33years? You must be as wide as Solomon to come back. You have seen it all out there.

Please help to advise the youths that not all that glitters is gold and that grass is greener on the other side.

I tried but they call their father "bad belle", "village winch" grin

Actually, it's okay to travel, it's nothing unique, just want them to do it legally. Nothing is sadder than to see migrants that are hiding about and not enjoying the USA.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:

I hope it’s pretty enough to make you quench grin
Trust me,you can't impress me wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) / Truck Loaded With Cows Collides With High-Tension Wire In Anambra (Graphic Pix) / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.