Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) (62951 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / A Nairalander’s Trip To Rhode Island / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Well, I've met a few couples who did but not in California.

You can pick up foreclosure homes for cheap in some states. If you don't have children and not worried about neighborhood and school districts.
Now you see.
Neighbourhood has come into play,which means outright ghetto,which could go for very less.
And you said you know "couples" who did,which simply points 2 income earners putting funds together for a particular acquisition.
Now you see...
Its almost impossible for a minimum wage earner to buy a $300k home like that dude claims.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I can't come back.
I left a JOB of $800 monthly pay in Nigeria for a JOB of at least $1500 weekly pay.
And that's not yet my DREAM JOB.

I LEFT NIGERIA because I was overwhelming tired of how people are treated.
I was robbed countless times in Nigeria
Can't imagine my KIDS passing through such.

We have no regard for HUMANS not to talk of creatures.
Who worries about DATA here..?
Why do you think most of us are always ONLINE..
We leave DATA running endlessly.
When you register, they tell you its UNLIMITED

So why should I come back home..??

Wow. You are just one of those that badmouth where you from ..

You are second class citizen your day is coming

So how much do you save or invest out of that so called 6k?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

You cannot tell the difference between an area in a city and a city sharing boundary with another city and you drive there everyday

You lie bro
U are entitled to your opinion.
But the last thing I will do is to LIE about my country despite how bad or lie about where I live or about my Tribe.
Even when I was in Nigeria, Nigeria never denied my a JOB. But at some point I got fed up.
Because of the ILLS
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Even if you carpool, there's no way that there's no hold up on that route except if you work in the dead of night.

110N/605N parking lot, 10E/91E another parking lot, even 60E. Coming back home same thing.

That joker is a liar

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

But the last thing I will do is to LIE about my country despite how bad or lie about where I live or about my Tribe.
Even when I was in Nigeria, Nigeria never denied my a JOB. But at some point I got fed up.
Because of the ILLS
You got fed up because you didn't have money to be where you think you deserve,its that simple.
Almost all of you relocate for financial deficiencies so please spare me the ills talk.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Wow. You are just one of those that badmouth where you from ..

You are second class citizen your day is coming

So how much do you save or invest out of that so called 6k?

I rather remain a THIRD CLASS here and be sure of the future of my kids.
See them go to good schools for free...
Share ideas with exposed minds...

I feel comfortable with that.
I no go lie you.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Because of the ILLS

Your story does not add up.
I have family in that same USA you are claiming you in

Nobody drives to work 12hours a day for 5 working days
Haba lie small small nah
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Regarding mortgage or not.

First, they just don't hand mortgage to everyone. You have to financial qualify with good earnings.

Secondly, even if you have cash to pay, it is more prudent to get a mortgage. Put your money into a fixed deposit, take the mortgage and enjoy a generous tax write off on your mortgage interest.

The best way to become a millionaire in the USA is to make a good use of the credit system.

Buy house A and move in there as your primary residence. After a few years take out a second mortgage and buy a rental property and put tenant in there. After a few years take out a second mortgage on the rental property and buy the next rental property (you now have another income stream from the tenants to use to qualify). And so on and so forth. Those house will be going up in value. You can then sell some once the value is good and then use that money to invest in other stuff.

Credit is not bad, you just have to know how to use it properly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Your story does not add up.
I have family in that same USA you are claiming you in

Nobody drives to work 12hours a day for 5 working days
Haba lie small small nah

I think he said 2 hours a day. That is plausible.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
You got fed up because you didn't have money to be where you think you deserve,its that simple.
Almost all of you relocate for financial deficiencies so please spare me the ills talk.
U can't take FINANCIAL REASON out as well.
Because in AFRICA we have highly dependent people surrounding you.
People give birth to KIDS they can't manage.

And the LITTLE you make is being robbed away on regular basis by Hoodlums.
U won't understand how much I suffered even with my Good Job in Naija.

No security at all.....
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Powersurge: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Yeye format

I wonder how these people end up duping. So dump!
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I rather remain a THIRD CLASS here and be sure of the future of my kids.
See them go to good schools for free...
Share ideas with exposed minds...

I feel comfortable with that.
I no go lie you.

Free this free that yen yen yen.

How much do you take home and actually save?
I wanna catch you in a lie
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I think he said 2 hours a day. That is plausible.

He quoted me and said 6hrs per trip
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Free this free that yen yen yen.

How much do you take home and actually save?
I wanna catch you in a lie
Hahahahahahahahaha.
U want to know my savings....
Not Necessary for now.
We can be close friends if you permit.

Give me your Address here and I will pay you a visit.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Now you see.
Neighbourhood has come into play,which means outright ghetto,which could go for very less.
And you said you know "couples" who did,which simply points 2 income earners putting funds together for a particular acquisition.
Now you see...
Its almost impossible for a minimum wage earner to buy a $300k home like that dude claims.

Apologies, i should have been more clear.

I am referencing $25K homes and not $300K homes. Couple doesn't mean both are working but these ones were.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Hahahahahahahahaha.
U want know my savings....
Not Necessary for now.
We can be close friends if you permit.

Give me your Address here and I will pay you a visit.

I dey naija gidigba no interest in California

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

He quoted me and said 6hrs per trip

Big mistake then. I read that as traveling time between LA and SF within the same state.

6 hours per trip to go to work? shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Seriously...
Which AREA.. ?
I visit Naija almost every year.
My WIFE likes visiting the Village.
She be TRADITIONAL person, so she drags me home.. grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by ivolt: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
No they are not.

Nigerian immigrants here are some of the best educated and well employed citizens the country has to depend on.

Actually backed by research.

Not that old wives tales of washing dishes and cleaning toilets. (Not that it’s bad)
Do you have a stats source?

I am alluding to the average Nigerian immigrant and not highly skilled professionals.

I expect the immigrants' income to follow a bell curve like every other demographics.
Few outliers and majority average.

Belonging to a group that is best-educated and well employed does not preclude that the majority
of that same group are average or below income-wise.

It will be a 10th wonder of the world if an average Nigerian in the US earns significantly above the average wage of the country.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where is the op that is taking pictures?

I beg show tourist spots not shanties or trap houses
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

You and me both.

Nothing can shake me from my Ibadan. I've put in my time, 33 years in the USA, 29 in California and 4 in Texas.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by lereinter(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
J111333:
Homeless people's zone.
Their toilet and bath provided for them by the city I guess.
I use style take the pics.

Tell me about homeless people in America
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Seriously...
Which AREA.. ?
I visit Naija almost every year.
My WIFE likes visiting the Village.
She be TRADITIONAL person, so she drags me home.. grin grin grin grin

Ok kontinu
This is a faceless place i cannot tell you where i live like you asked earlier.

What if you be serial killer, ritualist or Evans the kidnapper
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Splashme:

This is odd
How
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by 77up(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
J111333:
Got some rest in rest designated area.
I had to use the restroom and stretch my legs a little.

Lot of truck drivers parked there too .
Though you already said it's stupid , guy you are not been careful at all , stay at home now haba.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Apologies, i should have been more clear.

I am referencing $25K homes and not $300K homes. Couple doesn't mean both are working but these ones were.
ok no worries.
These $25k homes,do people actually rent them?
And can one also buy them from Nigeria without US paper work?
I'm curious please.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:

Ok kontinu
This is a faceless place i cannot tell you where i live like you asked earlier.

What if you be serial killer, ritualist or Evans the kidnapper
Hahahahahahahahaha
I don't need the ADDRESS.
I mean City.
I just told you mine.
But wait ooo, even you dey fear the CRIMINAL ELEMENTS in Naija.
Those people dealt me. cry cry cry cry

PEOPLE also commit crime in the US but not as frequent and loose like that of Naija.
In Fact, people get caught immediately, except for the very very difficult ones.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by ivolt: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Powersurge:

Receive sense na! He is not the cause of your problem. Person wey see you dey talk nonsense now go think say you get brain. You should have arrested the other people on the road as well.
Another illiterate on the loose.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You and me both.

Nothing can shake me from my Ibadan. I've put in my time, 33 years in the USA, 29 in California and 4 in Texas.

East or west home is the best.
What do you miss about that side?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by lightwind(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
No they are not.

Nigerian immigrants here are some of the best educated and well employed citizens the country has to depend on.

Actually backed by research.

Not that old wives tales of washing dishes and cleaning toilets. (Not that it’s bad)
Oh, Cococandy! have travelled out too Wonderful!... She now lives in the US. Congratulations
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Oh so you now see that you had no point for countering me other than trying to get noticed then?

Still defensive. When you’re ready read the post you were huffing about again
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
As a matter of fact . Lol
lightwind:
Oh, Cococandy! have travelled out too Wonderful!... She now lives in the US congratulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos / Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles At Tincan, Apapa, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.