Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (73180 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by akinjare(m): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
Is there any place in lagos where they specialize in fixing Nissan vehicles only? My Nissan pathfinder has leg issues. It makes noise anytime am driving in rough road. So many mechanics has worked on it but the problem still persist. Someone should help with a link pls. Thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
Please can I use this to top up my 09 civic

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:47am On Sep 10, 2020
IamOguamalam:

Thatz good. Can you go on Google to check reviews.

Then take an extra step to try it on a dying engine!

Thanks... Nano Energizer WORKS and the results are mind blowing

Ok I will do
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:50am On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:
Please can I use this to top up my 09 civic

What oil was in your engine before?
And this 20w50 which is much higher than the required spec
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 5:57am On Sep 10, 2020
Blackbishop:

What oil was in your engine before?
And this 20w50 which is much higher than the required spec
I have no idea, I just got the car very recently. What oil is best for it
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:08am On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:

I have no idea, I just got the car very recently. What oil is best for it

As a naija used or foreign used?

Recommended is 5W20 or at best 5W30 fully synthetic

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2020
Blackbishop:

As a naija used or foreign used?

Recommended is 5W20 or at best 5W30 fully synthetic

Naija used, although engine is still in perfect condition
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:15am On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:

Use 5W30
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Blackbishop:

Use 5W30
Thank you
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by melviniyke2002(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:

dnt top off,just drain n refil with d recommended oil
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
melviniyke2002:
dnt top off,just drain n refil with d recommended oil
The engine was just serviced about a week before I took possession of it, and the oil texture and color is still as good as new
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:

The engine was just serviced about a week before I took possession of it, and the oil texture and color is still as good as new

Boss it's better you just drain and just start with the recommended to save you issue of the heart.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by melviniyke2002(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
chijioke17:

but u dnt knw d oil dat was used....u can top off using same oil....u also need to find out why its shorten'n oil just after a week of oil change.....
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
melviniyke2002:
but u dnt knw d oil dat was used....u can top off using same oil....u also need to find out why its shorten'n oil just after a week of oil change.....
I didn't buy it last week, but last month, though it's been parked down since I bought it
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chijioke17(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss it's better you just drain and just start with the recommended to save you issue of the heart.
Thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2020
Good day, I have been busy to update on some issues dealt with at workshop for a while now.

I will be discussing more on a particular code that is associated with Nissan Rogue 2008 P1143.

P1143 - Steering Angle Sensor Circuit

What is Steering Angle Sensor?

The steering angle sensor (SAS) is a critical part of the VDC ( Vehicle Dynamic Control )system that measures the steering wheel position angle and rate of turn. The cluster always has more than one steering position sensor for redundancy and to confirm data.

VDC comprises of components Such as an electronic steering angle sensor, a wheel sensor, a lateral acceleration sensor, a yaw rate sensor, and a power controller made it possible to develop a vehicle stability system.

Back to my issue, the owner complained about the car refusing to pick up speed from start, until the VDC light kicks in. After scanning the SAS was given as P1143.

After careful comprehensive diagnosis it was discovered that the Steering Angle Sensor will be replace and reset.
After replacing the SAS, the VDC light was still coming on and still holding the tyre down.

I have to run simulation on axle stand by putting the car in drive when both front wheel are suspended. I discover the brake caliper was the culprit and was replaced. And the stiffness at start was not coming up again.

Now the light refuse to go off, I run another scenarios before we went ahead to change the Anti Lock Brake System Module.
And that was all.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Blackbishop:
Good day, I

Can't find you number on your profile.
My civic 07 has these codes ;
p2647
p0404.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:25am On Sep 15, 2020
brogxy:

Can't find you number on your profile.
My civic 07 has these codes ;
p2647
p0404.

Good day sir
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by martyns200(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:35am On Sep 21, 2020
martyns200:
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.

Boss I don't put bearing but i go for new one. Because most tokunbo at ladipo na wash. Just be careful with them at ladipo
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:43am On Sep 21, 2020
What Causes Spark Plugs to Wear Out?

Without operational spark plugs, your engine won’t run. If even just one plug were to fail, the change in functionality would be very noticeable. Your engine would MISFIRE.
Spark plugs do wear out over time, although the actual lifespan varies depending on the type of plug in question, the condition of your engine, and your driving habits.

Wear factors for spark plugs

There are several factors that play a role in spark plug health,i the most common reason for them to wear out is that they’re just old. To understand this, you need to know a bit more about how spark plugs work

When your alternator generates electricity, it is sent through the ignition system, down the spark plug wires, and to each individual spark plug. The plugs then create electrical arcs at the electrodes (the small metal cylinders protruding from the bottoms of the plugs). Each time a plug fires, a minute amount of metal is removed from the electrode. This shortens the electrode, and requires more and more electricity to create the arc necessary to fire the cylinder. Eventually, the electrode will be so worn that it won’t arc at all.

This is what happens in a normal, properly maintained engine. There are other factors that can reduce plug life (all spark plugs eventually wear out; it’s just a question of when).

Overheating Damage: Overheating spark plugs can cause the electrode to wear faster. Pre-ignition from an improperly timed engine can cause this, as can an incorrect air to fuel ratio.

Oil Contamination: If oil seeps onto the spark plug, it will foul the tip. This creates damage and additional wear (oil seeping into the combustion chamber is something that happens over time as seals begin to fail).

Carbon: Carbon buildup on the tip can also cause premature failure. This can happen due to dirty injectors, a clogged air filter and many other reasons.

As you can see, there are a number of different factors that affect when your spark plugs will fail, and just how much use you’ll get out of them

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by martyns200(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss I don't put bearing but i go for new one. Because most tokunbo at ladipo na wash. Just be careful with them at ladipo

Sorry u mean brand new hub cos I think they sell only toks hub
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
martyns200:

Sorry u mean brand new hub cos I think they sell only toks hub

Toks oooo boss
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Harpesin(m): 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pls Engineers, I have Pontiac 2009 that is consuming fuel a lot, its a tokunbo SUV....My mechanic said there is no Indomie (Catalysts) in the exhaust, how do i confirm this? How many suppose be in an SUV? and if the indomis is needed what is the price? will it solve the fuel consumption issue?

Thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Harpesin:
Pls Engineers, I have Pontiac 2009 that is consuming fuel a lot, its a tokunbo SUV....My mechanic said there is no Indomie (Catalysts) in the exhaust, how do i confirm this? How many suppose be in an SUV? and if the indomis is needed what is the price? will it solve the fuel consumption issue?

Thanks

Boss first and foremost scan the car, if the catalyst is missing scanner will point to it or if damaged.

Then again many components causes fuel consumption to go crazy, scanning will save you alot of stress
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Harpesin(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss first and foremost scan the car, if the catalyst is missing scanner will point to it or if damaged.

Then again many components causes fuel consumption to go crazy, scanning will save you alot of stress

Thanks a lot...pls is there any scanning around Zuba Abuja?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Harpesin:

Thanks a lot...pls is there any scanning around Zuba Abuja?

I have a fellow Technician at the Abuja office

+2348165304235
Opeyemi
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Harpesin(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blackbishop:

I have a fellow Technician at the Abuja office

+2348165304235
Opeyemi
Thanks Boss...

This is what the scanner comment ...

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Harpesin(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please what does this sign mean in a SUV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Harpesin:
Please what does this sign mean in a SUV

Tyre pressure MIL
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Harpesin:
Thanks Boss...

This is what the scanner comment ...

Is that what Ope got?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by bosaniger: 5:53am On Sep 25, 2020
Good day. I am having serious issues with my car's acceleration. It has been in and out if the mechanics but it seems they don't know what to do. They cleaned and changed the fuel nozzle, etc but it's not solving any of the issues. Just yesterday, it got completely worse, the car went completely off twice while the ignition was still on, once was when I was coming down a bridge. The car misfires, it doesn't accelerate when it is supposed to and sometimes, when I switch on the ignition, it just raises it self without me placing my leg on the throttle. When it does this and I go ahead to drive the car, the brakes stops working. This has put me in danger, and I have resolved not to drive the car anymore till it gets resolved. Please, I need your help, I am based in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / Rolls Royce Owner, Who Lives In A Rented Flat In FESTAC / Nairaland Auto Show- With Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.