Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (72989 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by sultaan(m): 12:31am On Nov 30, 2020
Blackbishop:

That is true but boss not all problems have the video on YouTube. If you doubt search for shift Solenoid for Hyundai Elantra 2007 Replacement. Then you don't advice people to use YouTube, naso Alhaji take burn brainbox thinking he was a super Mario of car issue.

Agree you may not find one yet for a specific model and year, but if you know the vehicles that use the same transmission and/or different model year; there is always a helping video
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2020
sultaan:

Agree you may not find one yet for a specific model and year, but if you know the vehicles that use the same transmission and/or different model year; there is always a helping video

Ok. That is if you know
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good day house, Merry xmas and Happy New Year in advance from us at B-Automobile.

Acura RL 2008 was one car built to perfection, the sleekness, easy to handle just lovely.

I worked on a particular one today and am going to point out few things your Kazeems will do.

I was contacted by a customer with a complain of P0128 Cooling System Malfunction. He explained how his temperature guage fluctuates anytime he's driving and how a Kareem he took the car to work some magic and told him all was well till he went to pick and discover all was not well at all.

Let me analyse here

Most local mechanic will condemn your Thermostat once you complain about temperature issues. Always pay attention to your guage and the little info we provide here

The Solution that his local mechanic gave was to remove the spring around the Thermostat and place an empty Thermostat cover back in the car. Which didn't solve the issue.

After running diagnosis and checking the Relay for the fan too which I discover was not working optimally, I changed the Thermostat and the Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module and all was back to normal.

In summary when you have a cooling system issue always run full diagnosis and correct it and dont go for the easy way out.

Note: Don't be deceived that our weather doesn't support Thermostat. O wrong naw.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by switosman(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hello Bishop
I drive Honda Accord 2003,4 cylinder. After and engine overhaul, I noticed my automatic transmission makes a whinning sound. And selection is erratic after prolonged driving, car movement is no longer smart as before. I serviced the selonoid valves and yet problem persists. I googled the problem and they suggested a bad converter and filter. What do you advice?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
switosman:
Hello Bishop
I drive Honda Accord 2003,4 cylinder. After and engine overhaul, I noticed my automatic transmission makes a whinning sound. And selection is erratic after prolonged driving, car movement is no longer smart as before. I serviced the selonoid valves and yet problem persists. I googled the problem and they suggested a bad converter and filter. What do you advice?

Good day sir/ma, from your narration I think that your filter was suppose to be replaced and for that Solenoid I dont support the local idea of servicing except it was replaced. And lastly did you scan for any code related to transmission?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by haywhy59(m): 11:30am On Dec 06, 2020
ofime123:
Pls am getting this code on my corolla P0171 and p2195 what's the possible cause?

Bro ,pls can you refer me to the person that helped solved this, getting same code on my corolla too..thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by radautoworks: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
Blackbishop:
Good day house, Merry xmas and Happy New Year in advance from us at B-Automobile.

Acura RL 2008 was one car built to perfection, the sleekness, easy to handle just lovely.

I worked on a particular one today and am going to point out few things your Kazeems will do.

I was contacted by a customer with a complain of P0128 Cooling System Malfunction. He explained how his temperature guage fluctuates anytime he's driving and how a Kareem he took the car to work some magic and told him all was well till he went to pick and discover all was not well at all.

Let me analyse here

Most local mechanic will condemn your Thermostat once you complain about temperature issues. Always pay attention to your guage and the little info we provide here

The Solution that his local mechanic gave was to remove the spring around the Thermostat and place an empty Thermostat cover back in the car. Which didn't solve the issue.

After running diagnosis and checking the Relay for the fan too which I discover was not working optimally, I changed the Thermostat and the Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module and all was back to normal.

In summary when you have a cooling system issue always run full diagnosis and correct it and dont go for the easy way out.

Note: Don't be deceived that our weather doesn't support Thermostat. O wrong naw.

loud the bolded last sentence again
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor

The A/F sensor consist of 2 Oxygen Sensor housed in a common area with common chamber between them. Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor operates on a wider scope not like O² sensor.

The A/F Sensor is quite different from Oxygen Sensor. The O2 Sensor measures oxygen through voltage. Air Fuel ratio sensor uses current to measure air to fuel ratio. AF sensor uses minimal current for its operation.

This is the major difference apart from the inner construction.

SYMPTOMS OF A BAD A/F SENSOR

* Rough Idling
* Reduces Engine Efficiency
* Decreases Fuel Efficiency
* Black soot noticeable at the tail pipe

Fixing the A/F sensor is more complicated, you need to run a thorough diagnosis. Some other components are involved like the Injector, coil pack, plugs, leakage around the air hoses. So just let an Auto Technician run through.

Mostly the code thrown up is P2195, which stems from Faulty O² sensor, or harness or wire gone bad, poor connector, faulty Injector and lastly Faulty ECM - Engine Control Module.

So in conclusion run a comprehensive diagnosis to safe you some changes.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by omorkelly(m): 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
Pls gurus in the house i discovered oil on the body of my plug and coil.
What is the implication of this and what is responsible?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
omorkelly:
Pls gurus in the house i discovered oil on the body of my plug and coil.
What is the implication of this and what is responsible?
Which car?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by omorkelly(m): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
Blackbishop:

Which car?
Camry 2006 aka (Big Daddy)4 plug
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
omorkelly:

Camry 2006 aka (Big Daddy)4 plug

Boss ask your mech to check the top valve seal
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by omorkelly(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss ask your mech to check the top valve seal
Thanks very very
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
BLACKBISHOP, PLEASE WHICH TYPE OF OIL CAN BE PRESCRIBE FOR 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY TOKS ENGINE JUST BOUGHT.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by froshbuddy: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
Please do you mind telling me price for this Engine? Mine is smoking and shorting oil.
AKWATGOLD1:
BLACKBISHOP, PLEASE WHICH TYPE OF OIL CAN BE PRESCRIBE FOR 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY TOKS ENGINE JUST BOUGHT.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
THE ENGINE IS V6 COST 185K
froshbuddy:
Please do you mind telling me price for this Engine? Mine is smoking and shorting oil.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Aladin245: 2:51am On Dec 11, 2020
Please where are you located, I urgently need my Camry checked. As it always constantly jerking when I'm in a traffic jam. Or when the ac is on.

Blackbishop:

Good morning boss, Consuming more fuel and bringing out fuel when driving are consistent with a bad fuel injector or harness around the fuel injector, but I will need to diagnose to ascertain the true fault sir
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:03am On Dec 11, 2020
AKWATGOLD1:

I go for PENNZOIL which is better for 5W30.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:03am On Dec 11, 2020
froshbuddy:

Send me your engine number?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:04am On Dec 11, 2020
Aladin245:
Please where are you located, I urgently need my Camry checked. As it always constantly jerking when I'm in a traffic jam. Or when the ac is on.

Chat me up sir/ma.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2020
Compliment of the season to you all.

I will highlighting few lines of what to do it how to handle a situation that comes up with your car this period on the road or at the villa.

* First thing first get these tools in your car a T-10, 10,11 12 spanner, screwdriver, and most especially a fuel pump spare. #That is for you travelling
* If your car should start overheating especially on the highway, park at a safe location allow it to cool down very well, then open up the radiator.

In this instance few things are involved, it's either your Gasket or a bad Thermostat or a clogged radiator or a leaking cooling system.

When it cools down open up top up the water and observe for any Leakages around the cooling system.
There is high probability you get to detect the issue with the few points listed above.

If it is the Thermostat, your tools comes in handy, your Thermostat is located around the hose delivering water into the engine block.

If it is leaking cooling system you have to be extremely patient to observe and identify but from experience one funny part is the radiator that is culprit here.

Just get ready to top up and no AC till you drive to a comfy spot.

Second thing is your car going off on the road without warning or with a warning.

There 3 thing that helps a car to run optimally; Air, Fuel and Spark. Once any of the above items is missing or not at the right % your car will surely give warning or totally shut down. Pay attention to your dashboard for warning lights.

For further enquiries just click on my signature

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blitherine(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2020
Happy boxing day yall
Please who had an idea the current price of a 2001 toyota highlander fan...and also temperature gauge is not working at all, any home fix?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2020
Blitherine:
Happy boxing day yall
Please who had an idea the current price of a 2001 toyota highlander fan...and also temperature gauge is not working at all, any home fix?

For the fan price it depends.

But for the temp guage not working the Coolant Temperature Sensor will be the possible cause.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blitherine(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
For the fan price how much is the cheapest i can get it and for the temperature sensor can it be repaired or it must be replaced and if so how much is it...thank you
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
Blitherine:
For the fan price how much is the cheapest i can get it and for the temperature sensor can it be repaired or it must be replaced and if so how much is it...thank you

Chat me up through my signature
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:55am On Dec 27, 2020
Do you need a clean and low mileage cars?
Do you want a car imported?
Do you need a trusted party to transport the car to your prefer location outside Lagos

Then you have the answer

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
What is the cost of volvo transmission Xc90 automatic
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
nonhuman:
What is the cost of volvo transmission Xc90 automatic

Boss no idea
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by martyns200(m): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2021
Good day, my car does hard starting every morning, takes about 3-4times before it starts and starts normally all through the day. What's the likely cause of the hard start? Car is an 05 corolla
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
martyns200:
Good day, my car does hard starting every morning, takes about 3-4times before it starts and starts normally all through the day. What's the likely cause of the hard start? Car is an 05 corolla

Coolant temperature sensor.
Or
Cold start switch road side name
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by chidekings(m): 10:29am On Jan 07, 2021
Blackbishop:

Coolant temperature sensor.
Or
Cold start switch road side name
please how can this be rectified

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK / Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / Rolls Royce Owner, Who Lives In A Rented Flat In FESTAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.